PDA

View Full Version : Masato and Poochyena *sPOILERS*

SuperSonic
31st January 2003, 02:08 PM
from what i saw in the preview for the next pokemon episode in japan, they emphasized Masato and Poochyena a lot, if you saw the preview it would seem that Masato felt bad for Poochyena and he gave him courage to break out of team rockets net. Sorta like what they do when a pokemon wants to be with Ash. Could this be Masato's first pokemon? I guess we'll know in a week.

Light_Togetic
31st January 2003, 04:10 PM
God, I hope so! The poor kid doesn't have any pokemon so far. Although, the Poochyena looks kinda young (although I guess it could just be small), so it might still want to be with its parents. Either way, at least it'll develop Masato's character a little more. Then he won't just be a know-it-all annoying little brother.:D

Hanada Tattsu
31st January 2003, 05:36 PM
Judging by the episode clip, I think Masato will catch that Pochiena.

It seems like Masato is somehow sacrificing himself by running after the balloon to save the Pochiena.

So, judging by past episodes, I think that Pochiena will be Masato's. Oh well, we'll find out in a week.

Mikey
31st January 2003, 06:23 PM
Actually, I have translated some info, and it appears Masato is just obsessed with Poochyena becuase he has never seen a Pokemon evolve before, and he thinks he can help it evolve seeing as how it's the only pack member who hasn't yet. This kind of clarifies that he has no intentions of catching it.

Hanada Tattsu
31st January 2003, 07:01 PM
Originally posted by GoldenNoctowl77
Actually, I have translated some info, and it appears Masato is just obsessed with Poochyena becuase he has never seen a Pokemon evolve before, and he thinks he can help it evolve seeing as how it's the only pack member who hasn't yet. This kind of clarifies that he has no intentions of catching it.

That may be true, but maybe Guraena ends up liking Masato so much it wants to come along with him and for Masato to be its trainer.

I dunno, judging by the clip, Masato does seem a little too overly obsessed with Pochiena.

Also, did anyone notice the part where it looked like Masato and Pochiena were battling against Haruka's Torchic?

Wierd, huh? Another reason for me to believe that Pochiena is going to be Masato's.

Anyone remember the Indigo League Episode with Paras? In order to give it experience for it to evolve, Jessie and James have Paras battle their overly weak Pokemon Arbok, Weezing and Meowth? This is what I think is going on here.

Knowing that Haruka's Torchic is weak, he battles her with Pochiena just to give it some confidence and experience so that it can evolve.

I dunno, we'll just have till next week when the eppie airs in Japan in order to see if Masato is going to get Guraena or not.

Venasaur89
31st January 2003, 07:08 PM
DO all of yall live in japan, and yall saw a little preview for the next episode??? Or its something else??

Hanada Tattsu
31st January 2003, 07:14 PM
Originally posted by Venasaur89
DO all of yall live in japan, and yall saw a little preview for the next episode??? Or its something else??

No, I live in America. Anyone can see the preview of the next eppie on TV Tokyo's website, which is here (http://www.tv-tokyo.co.jp/anime/pokemon_ag/).

Just click on Haruka's face, and then click on the picture of the Pochiena, and it should play the preview clip.

Mew2Too
6th February 2003, 09:59 AM
*cough* Masato is too young to have a Pokemon. Interesting idea, though.

They should bring back Kasumi. They shouldn't get rid of any other characters. They should just bring back Kasumi. I've said my piece.

EDIT: BTW, WTF are they doing?! Have you noticed that a lot of the "uncatchables" in Ru/Sa are in Houen on "Advance Generation" ? Look at some of the shot from that episode. In the net with Poochyena, you can see a Furret, a Sentret, and an Aimpom. WTF?!

Psyduck UK
6th February 2003, 11:55 AM
Originally posted by Mew2Too

EDIT: BTW, WTF are they doing?! Have you noticed that a lot of the "uncatchables" in Ru/Sa are in Houen on "Advance Generation" ? Look at some of the shot from that episode. In the net with Poochyena, you can see a Furret, a Sentret, and an Aimpom. WTF?! [/B]

Well this is Ash in Houen and is not totally based on the R/S games.
its the same with the Johto and Kanto leagues, where he got the starters in the wild etc.

or...maybe thats a hint that the unobtainables will be avalible soon??

Light_Togetic
6th February 2003, 12:59 PM
Yeah, this is Ash we're talking about. I mean, the writers have never done well with sticking to the games.;)

Oh yes Mew2Too, and at the risk of turning this thread into another Misty debate, I'd rather have Misty come back too than see Masato try to help/force some Poochyena to evolve.

Hanada Tattsu
6th February 2003, 05:08 PM
Originally posted by Mew2Too
*cough* Masato is too young to have a Pokemon. Interesting idea, though.

That rule has been broken many times, the writers have concentrated not to use it, think of the kid who caught a Dunsparce in that Jouto Champions filler, he couldn't have been ten or older.

Or, as BenRG stated in another post, maybe only official league trainers can have a Pokemon, any one can have a Pokemon.

Darth J.
23rd February 2003, 08:30 AM
So, what was the outcome ?
Has he catched it ?

RJdude
23rd February 2003, 08:36 AM
No, he didn't catch it. In the end, Poochyena evolved, and Masato gave it a big hug, but he didn't catch it. Oh well...