PDA

View Full Version : team help needed

Loupeitak
12th June 2004, 01:27 AM
I'm gonna have a tourney soon. Ok, so most of my friends don't use stats raising moves, they don't know anything about Nature/IV's/EV's and they suck giving movesets (I've battled a Swampert with Surf, dive, waterfall and hydro pump).
The one's that know what those are, aren't that hard but they do take a while to beat.
One more thing: No legendaries allowed and species clause too.
Last thing: 6th member needed

Umbreon @ leftovers - Tankish/Mean looker/Baton passer
Bold
EV's: 252 defence, 252 sp defence, 6 HP

Mean look----Baton Pass----Toxic----Rest

Something i came up with. My friends don't like rest coz they think it's a waste of time.

Smeargle @ Quick Claw - Baton passer/Sub-flailer
Jolly
EV's: 252 speed, 252 attack, 6 defence

Sweet Scent----Baton pass----Substitute----Flail

This was hard to get!!! I receive the pass from Umbreon and sweet scent a bit for Machamp. Then pass to him

Machamp @ Scope Lens - Physical sweeper/Critical hit inflictor
Adamant
EV's: 252 attack, 252 speed, 6 HP

Focus Energy----Cross Chop----Earthquake----Rock Slide

Scope Lens + Focus Energy + Cross Chop = THOUSANDS OF CRITICAL HITS. The sweet scents are passed to him so Cross chop won't miss so much

Weezing @ leftovers - Hazer
Impish

Haze----Sludge Bomb----Thunderbolt----Explosion

This is for the one's i know that use stats boosters. With its great defences it will survive the opposing set up

Jolteon @ Petaya berry - Special sweeper
Timid
EV's: 252 speed, 252 sp attack, 6 HP

Thunderbolt----Thunder-wave----Hidden Power *ice*----Substitute
I think its the standard

HELP PLEASE

Whisper in the Wind
12th June 2004, 10:07 AM
I'm gonna have a tourney soon. Ok, so most of my friends don't use stats raising moves, they don't know anything about Nature/IV's/EV's and they suck giving movesets (I've battled a Swampert with Surf, dive, waterfall and hydro pump).
The one's that know what those are, aren't that hard but they do take a while to beat.
One more thing: No legendaries allowed and species clause too.
Last thing: 6th member needed

Umbreon @ leftovers - Tankish/Mean looker/Baton passer
Bold

Mean look----Baton Pass----Toxic----Rest

Something i came up with. My friends don't like rest coz they think it's a waste of time.

Smeargle @ Quick Claw - Baton passer/Sub-flailer
Jolly
EV's: 252 speed, 252 attack, 6 defence

Sweet Scent----Baton pass----Substitute----Flail

This was hard to get!!! I receive the pass from Umbreon and sweet scent a bit for Machamp. Then pass to him

Machamp @ Scope Lens - Physical sweeper/Critical hit inflictor
Adamant
EV's: 252 attack, 252 speed, 6 HP

Focus Energy----Cross Chop----Earthquake----Rock Slide

Scope Lens + Focus Energy + Cross Chop = THOUSANDS OF CRITICAL HITS. The sweet scents are passed to him so Cross chop won't miss so much

Weezing @ leftovers - Hazer
Impish

Haze----Sludge Bomb----Thunderbolt----Explosion

This is for the one's i know that use stats boosters. With its great defences it will survive the opposing set up

Jolteon @ Petaya berry - Special sweeper
Timid
EV's: 252 speed, 252 sp attack, 6 HP

Thunderbolt----Thunder-wave----Hidden Power *ice*----Substitute
I think its the standard

HELP PLEASE

Ok, lets begin with Umbreon. It's a start but the standard for Umbreon is this I believe

Umbreon@Leftovers

Mean Look
Confuse Ray
Screech
Toxic/Rest

Screech + Confuse Ray can be a real *****. If you look + confuse them then put their defenses to practically 0 they will probably kill themselves. Max EV's in HP and the defenses

Ok, now what is up with that smeargle? No Spore! Spore is the only thing that will keep him alive. The standard to do is Spore, then belly drum on the switch and then pass it to a phy sweeper. If your friend plays without sleep clause then what yo ucan do is Spore, then agility on their switch, spore again, another agility til your maxed out, then drum passing lots of speed and attack to Machamp. Also, passing a sub may be worthwhile

Smeargle@Leftovers/Bright Powder

Baton Pass
Belly Drum
Agility/Substitute
Spore

Max out the EV's in speed and attack, pass to champ

Ok, now that we got Smeargle passing all that to Champy that CH tactic isn't needed so just make him a pure sweeper.

Machamp@Salac/Lum/Chesto Berry/Shell Bell

Revenge/Brick Break
Earthquake
Rock Slide
Rest/Reversal/Facade

Go with Salac Berry if you haven't got Smeargle passing speed. If Smeargle is passing both speed and attack then go with Chesto + Rest or if you don't want to lose a slot for rest, Shell Bell. Facade works nicely with Guts but if you don't want a status at al lthen choose a lum berry. Revenge works nicely with his crappy speed, Reversal is a lot mroe risky without recieving Speed but can pay off if you do. Max Speed/HP and Attack.

Weezy, the most OU hazer. Personally I'd suggest Crobat since he's fast enough to stop those boosts *except the agility boosts* Anywho, a set for Weezy.

Weezing@Leftovers

Haze
Fire Blast/Will-O-Wisp/Toxic
Sludge Bomb
Shadow Ball

I thin kthats the standard. Sludge Bomb for STAB, Ball for Psys, Fire Blast for Steel Types though Wisp/Toxic is viable choice. HP + Def and Sp Def EV's.

Also, if you want a Crobat instead.

Crobat@Bright Powder/Leftovers

Haze
Mean Look
Toxic/Poison Fang
Confuse Ray/Fly

HP + Speed EV's. Basically Haze then majorly annoy your opp, just keep hazing when they try to do something.

Your Jolty set is ok, don't think it's standard though. Here's my fav

Jolteon@Kings Rock/Petaya Berry

Thunder/Thunderbolt
Rain Dance/Thunder Wave/Agility
Bite
Hidden Power *Water*/Endure/Substitute

Well, Kings Rock + Bite = 60% Flinch Rate. Enrue + Petaya means yo ucan ge tthat final boost when you need it though 3 subs is just as effective.

phaedrus
13th June 2004, 09:36 AM
hp~rock>rockslide is an option for machamp.

everything else looks fine. one thing you might want to look at is leading with smeargle then passing to umbreon then to machamp instead of leading with umbreon.

i'd suggest a golduck:

golduck@leftovers/petaya/chesto
psychic
surf
calmmind
icebeam/rest
(timid/modest-damp/cloudnine)

pick timid/modest and damp/cloudnine based on opponents. psychic is breed-only

Loupeitak
14th June 2004, 11:44 PM
I was going for Ludi but i need help. Maybe

@Lefties
Bold
EVs: 252 defence, 252 sp defence, 6 sp attack

Giga Drain----Dive----Leech Seed----Toxic

Iveechan
15th June 2004, 02:41 PM
I think that King's Rock has no effect on moves that flinch like Bite.

phaedrus
15th June 2004, 03:31 PM
surf>dive and put something over gigadrain because it's bp sucks and you'll already get more than enough thru leechseed+lefties.

kingsrock does work, i believe, for all moves

Chris 2.1
15th June 2004, 03:56 PM
Kings rock adds 10% to the flinch ratio, does it not?

Bite would then be 20% I think, with kings rock
Anything...eg: aerial ace - 10% with kings rock

It makes a nonflinch move increae by 10%, and an already flinch move rises its flinch rate by 10%

Correct me if i'm wrong...

Rabid_Cow
16th June 2004, 01:09 PM
Okay I have to disagree. Go with this:

Ludicolo (Bold) @Leftovers [EV's: 252 HP, 252 Defense, 6 Sp.Atk.] {Rain Dish}
Giga Drain<>Dive<>Leech Seed<>Toxic

Great for dealin w/Kyogre. Don't put the EV's in Special Defense though, he has no special weakness, and even if Kyogre does CM a few times he'll be gettin HP from Giga Drain, Leftovers, Rain Dish, Leech Seed, and when he Dives he'll get some serious HP back from 3 sources. He's awesome, and stay w/this set. Dive>Surf cause of the HP angle on this guy.

TeleFox
16th June 2004, 05:20 PM
I think that King's Rock has no effect on moves that flinch like Bite.

In GSC you could only have one added effect per attack, but in the advance generations this isn't the case; I've seen a Flamethrower flinch and burn in the same turn o_O

Crufidal
16th June 2004, 05:46 PM
Anyone know how King's Rock works, exactly?

I've got this Dunsparce I use, with Serene Grace, that knows Headbutt and Rock Slide among other things. Headbutt flinches 60% of the time, due to Serene Grace.

However, would this be upped to 70% due to the Rock's +10%? Or, would it instead stay at 60%, since it's already a flinch-move and King's rock won't have any more effect? Or, will Serene Grace double the Rock's effect, adding 20% for an 80% flinch rate? I've conducted some tests but uh, too much natural variation...

Whisper in the Wind
18th June 2004, 05:06 PM
Kings Rock boosts Flinch rate by 30% I believe.

On the way of Ludicolo, this is my fav set

Ludicolo@Leftovers/Bright Powder
Rain Dish

Water Pulse
Rain Dance
Leech Seed
Toxic

Water Pulse for 20% confusion chance, lefites 4 more health reboosting or B Powder for added annoyance. Toxic for the obv advantage of destroying any Pokemon quickly if they don't switch. C Minding Ky00ber is a minor worry if you factor how long it'll last infected with Toxic and having Leech Seed cutting at it's health.

phaedrus
18th June 2004, 10:43 PM
Ludicolo (Bold) @Leftovers [EV's: 252 HP, 252 Defense, 6 Sp.Atk.] {Rain Dish}
Giga Drain<>Dive<>Leech Seed<>Toxic

dive=chance to switch out kyogre.

gigadrain has too low of a bp to work well. leechseed+leftovers does too much already.

meh. surf>dive, and icebeam/filler>gigadrain. it's not worth the unique tm to put gigadrain on it. it's only useable on xatu, basically =|

I've got this Dunsparce I use, with Serene Grace, that knows Headbutt and Rock Slide among other things. Headbutt flinches 60% of the time, due to Serene Grace.

kingsrock ups the flinch on headbutt, rockslide. togetic does it much better:

togetic@kingsrock
psychic
fireblast
waterpulse
filler/wish/safeguard

-spdef, brn, confuse, flinch, in the same package. or, jirachi:

jirachi@kingsrock
raindance
thunder
waterpulse
psychic