PDA

View Full Version : Report

Roarkiller
12th June 2004, 06:16 AM
Went to my own pre-tourney. Only 8 ppl this time, one less than before. MEh, Dkyouth claimed his YGH deck wasnt ready for the nationals, so didnt come.

Anyway, the boosters i got drew crap, and i ended up with 3 evo lines, unknown that they were soo to prove invaluable among the rubbish i managed to salvage. 2 claydol for 3 baltoy, a metang for a beldum (risky, but ill explain later) and a wiggly ex for 2 jiggly.

My only saving grace? I had a jirachi, which i decided to dump in last minute (luckily).

1st game:
I had a bad hunch that wiggly would prove to be harmful, and it was. Only basics for the 1st part of the game, down to 2 prizes for both of us. My wiggly was already damaged and he had a claydol on the bench ready for me. So i lured it out, killed it and went it for the kill w/ wiggly, which ha 80 damage.

1-0

2nd game:
Wiggly came out again, but it was badly damaged and his basics were better than mine, so i had to pull it back. Luckily i managed to pull out a metang, and since the only basic capable of withstanding it luvdisc, he pulled it out. Killed it, then he sent out a tropius to kill my damaged metang. Paralyzed him, he could do nothing, i win.

2-0

3rd game:
This one was easy. I lay down my jirachi w/ cyndaquil as a backup, both being decoys. My opp, Jess, looked pleased, then it turned out that he only had a totodile. I laughed, dropped by jiggly and got out wiggly 1st turn. 2 turns later, metang appeared. He only killed my jirachi (bait), rest it history.

3-0

4th game:
This one was hard. I pulled out all my evos w/o the basics, and after some time, killed my wiggly so we were 2-2. He had a masquerain, and soon had a bellossom on the bench. I only had basics then, and claydol couldnt do much since it was a fighting type, so i prayed for beldum to come out. In the dying minutes when i was literally riding on luck, it came out. Relieved, i looked at my bench.

It was full.

3-1

And so i won 2nd place. But my prize included 2 extra boosters, and i got registeel ex, so im quite happy.

Water Pokemon Master
12th June 2004, 12:06 PM
LOL, how sad Roarkiller. I can't believe your bench was full. :( You could had won a lot of boosters.

I am so happy you guys are finally getting pre-releases. Now you guys actually know what the cards do and I don't have to feel alone in this forum. You even have more Hidden Legends EX's then I do. [I have none :(]

darktyranitar
12th June 2004, 08:19 PM
I don't have any, too...:(

Anyway, great battle, Roarkiller. Shame you lose at the last game. Oh well, at least you got some booster, while I currently have none... :-_-:

Oh yeah, forget about the Wigglytuff ex and Registeel ex you got, too. :nod:

Alec Trevelyan
12th June 2004, 08:40 PM
what u guys r talking, i didnt have the pre-release yet :P
mine probably will be in 2 to 4 weeks, most collections come to Brazil 1 month late... just expecting for the pre-release... any good tip for the pre-release tourney?

Water Pokemon Master
12th June 2004, 11:52 PM
Hmmm...tips, tips, tips. Let's see...

1. If you get a Regirock or Regice ex, throw only one of them into your deck along with any other trainers you get and around 39 energy, depending on how many trainers you get. Do thie especially if you get Regice ex. (people did this at our pre-release with Rock and Ice and both of them came in 1st)

2. Prey to get an Igglybuff, Chimecho, Castforms, Luvdisc, Corsola etc. Iggly's attack lets you search for a Basic and Energy first turn. Chimecho saved me in one of the games with it's first attack, which lets you copy a Supporter in your opponent's discard. The Castforms are pretty powerful, especially Rain which is like a mini-Cleffa. Luvdisc and Corsola allow you to draw lots of cards.

3. Put all trainers in your deck, except maybe some of the Ancient Technical Machines. Steven's Advice and that Herb Trainer thingy are good for drafts.

4. Fighting Claydol and Pychic Metang are good. :)

Roarkiller
13th June 2004, 05:15 AM
4. Fighting Claydol and Pychic Metang are good. :)

I included both, so i guess i must be lucky.

Incidentally, Chimecho was that 5th bench in my last game. Was too absorbed in trying to stall that i forgot. And all i had to do was to wait 6 more turns for him to deck out too.

Dark-San
13th June 2004, 10:32 AM
Sorry Roarkiller that I can't make it to that tourney lolz~ Heard from Jess that it was rather boring. But hopefully you can win the next tournament in July. 'Cause I heard from him that the winner of that July's tournament will be going to US to represent Singapore at the Worlds!

Anywayz, just came back from the nationals! And guess wat doods? I make it to the final and won the top prize. Now I'm going to LA in July too. Pokemasters is getting the first representative this year at YGO's Worlds! :yes: And I'm not kidding~ Now we have to do is to wait for Last Exile!

Water Pokemon Master
13th June 2004, 11:49 AM
Cool Darkyouth! Maybe I could visit you or something. :)

And cool Roarkiller! You may just be able to make it to Worlds as well! However, I would not be able to go since Worlds is right smack in the middle of when I am going on my first cruze. Also RK, EX FireRed and LeafGreen will be out like two weeks before Worlds, so you might be able to use the cards if you get them in time.

Roarkiller
14th June 2004, 06:15 AM
Yeah well, we're both vets in our games.

Btw, i dont see how a single Regice w/ 39 energy can win. All it does is repel other effects of attacks, not the damage. U'll still get killed.

Water Pokemon Master
14th June 2004, 01:46 PM
Not if you use Psychic Metang. I tried attacking Regice ex with its second attack, but I couldn't and this kid I was playing started a huge fight over the situation. I called over the judges, and the attack can't do anything.

jesschow12
15th June 2004, 01:10 AM
3rd game:
This one was easy. I lay down my jirachi w/ cyndaquil as a backup, both being decoys. My opp, Jess, looked pleased, then it turned out that he only had a totodile. I laughed, dropped by jiggly and got out wiggly 1st turn. 2 turns later, metang appeared. He only killed my jirachi (bait), rest it history.

yeah i have been trashed just like the TATM prerelease tournament,when i was playing with roarkiller,my hand is thw worst i have ever seen

i have heracross and a few basic but the energy was not the the ones i need :(

Water Pokemon Master
15th June 2004, 01:13 AM
Where have I heard your name before, jesschow? Do you go to the PokeGym?

I am glad to see more Pokemon TCG players coming to this forum. I count two in the past few days. :)

Roarkiller
15th June 2004, 07:07 AM
Where have I heard your name before, jesschow? Do you go to the PokeGym?

I am glad to see more Pokemon TCG players coming to this forum. I count two in the past few days. :)

Yeah he goes to pokegym. C'mon, its like the only forum left where u can actually talk TCG anymore. And kinda nice to see u here jess.

I still dont get the regice thingy. Any basic still can do 10 or 20 average to regice, and w/ a HP of 90, rhyhorn can kill it in 2 turns. All i have to do is get out my strongest attacker and 60 is nothing.

I think what u mean is that they included it in their decks, and so won. I won most of my games w/ the help of wiggly ex myself.

Water Pokemon Master
15th June 2004, 11:36 AM
No, I meant Metang's attack read "Place 5 damage counters on the Defending Pokemon," which means I can't attack it. If I would had known that I could not attack it, I would not had attached an energy to it or evolved it. :(

Roarkiller
16th June 2004, 08:22 AM
Yes, but u said to put only a single regice or regirock and the rest of the deck consisting of energy. That part i dont understand.

Water Pokemon Master
16th June 2004, 01:31 PM
Well, it's like this. Regice ex will always be your active, and you will always have it powered up by turn 3. It can then do a constant 60 damage, can not allow your opponent to attach energy, and cannot be affected by Special Conditions. That's how this pre-release deck works.

Roarkiller
17th June 2004, 08:23 AM
I still dont get it. The moment i see regice, i would juz send my best pkmn to do constant damage for the 1st 3 turns while powering up the bench. Quite a few basic can do more than 20 damage in this set i believe, and some can do 20 with one energy, and even w/o theme, itll still be dead before i let it take the last prize.

1st turn: 10
His 1st turn: energy
Mine: 20
His: energy
Mine 20
His: prize
His: prize

I win. He takes no more than 3 prizes.