PDA

View Full Version : To Heart (review)

Roarkiller
13th June 2004, 06:09 AM
The fansub i got was off more than a couple of times, but meh, i watched it so yeah.

Summary: Basically its 13 episodes of the school life of a group of 4 friends; Hiroyuki, Masashi, Akari and Shiho. Akari and Kiroyuki knew each other since kindergarten and r neighbours, while the rest get together only in junior. Akari likes Hiroyuki, tho she doesnt really show it at all, tho this part is actually minor.

Review: Theres only 3 things not normal in the entire series; withcraft, future sight and a persocon (think Chobits). Otherwise, there is nothing- i repeat, nothing- at all that isnt like real life. No chibi stuff, no senseless whacking off the roof, none. In fact, if ur looking for a good does of excitement, humor, ecchi, romance or anything of the usual stuff, well, sorry. This is as lifelike as u can get in anime standards, and to most ppl, prolly boring.

Which, of course, is my kind of tea.

Story: Like said, its simply schoollife all the way. But its the realism in its literal sense that i like. The hero, Hiroyuki, is NOT handsome, but its his personality that makes him very likeable. And only 2 of the many girls actually love him (i think, they rest dont show any hints).

Animation: OMG, the watercolor really makes the animation stand out, its simply lovely. And some actions and movements could rival ghibli's realistic movements. My only complaint is trivial: multi-colored hair.

Music: Mostly simple and relaxing, nothing radical, or none that i notice. The songs r okay, but the ending could do with a better singing voice. Akari's voice isnt made for singing.

Overall: If ur into realism and simplicity, then go for it. But if ur type of anime is the mainstream type, then itll prolly be pretty boring. For my standards, 9.5/10; for everyone else, maybe 6.7/10

Last Exile
14th June 2004, 06:36 AM
Sounds like Kimi Ga Nozomu Eien without the coma, the sex and the going insane. What actually is the plot of the one you're reviewing, Roarkiller? Surely there's a plot or a final outcome everyone's going for?

Roarkiller
14th June 2004, 07:04 AM
There isnt. Thats the whole point. The only things that comes closest to a plot is Hiroyuki being a nice guy to everyone, or Hiroyuki being a real dense guy while Akari tries to make him notice her feelings.

Otherwise, like i said, its juz 13 eps of school life.

Dark-San
16th June 2004, 09:09 AM
Doesn't sounds interesting enough! Might not download it after all, or I could wait for you to dwonload the whole series and borrow the whole stuff from you lolz! Lately I'm downloading Midori no Hibi.

You may like this anime better than the one you are talking about now~

Roarkiller
17th June 2004, 08:47 AM
I like it because its one of the few animes that is realistic to the core, with the likes of JinRoh and GOTF. Midori no Hibi, i think ill find time to read the manga before i start on the anime. Same to Tenjou Tenge.

Btw, i already got all 13 eps at the time of the 1st post. And burned :) And oh, ur right, u WON'T like this anime, its like watching a soap drama. Without the soap. Or much drama. I only made a review in case anyone was interested in this kind of anime, or were thinking of watching it.