PDA

View Full Version : Results from last Sunday's Singapore's Nationals [YGO]

Dark-San
14th June 2004, 10:55 AM
First before I actually started can I asked a few questions regarding the Worlds?
1) Are we able to play promos that are not released yet in the English Metagame like DDV and BladeKnight?
2) Does the Japanese restriction rule has any effect in this tournament?
3) Can I have an example of the deck that Australia players would normally used? (Have to rely on Last Exile for that!)

Last Sunday was the best day that my local store members have ever enjoyed. Not only did 2 of the members there won the top 2 prizes. But one of us will get to go to US to represent Singapore at the Worlds.

As expected, this year’s nationals was dominated by weird decks. Really weird decks! We have the heavily expected dominated Horus deck, we have the unusual Lava Golem deck and of course First turn kill deck was played too.

Without further a do, here's the deck that I used to play for 8 rounds straight in a knock out system tournament.

Creatures [17]
Dimensional Warrior Lady [3]
BladeKnight
Saint Magician
Critter
Black Witch Forest
Android Psycho Shocker
Magical Scientist
Turner of the Dead: Kaiku
Magical Warrior – Breaker
EX Virus
Killer Snake
Chaos Emperor Dragon
Chaos Soldier
Soul Hunting Spirit [2]

Magic [13]
Pot of Greed
Angel’s Gift
Mirage of Nightmares
Cyclone [3]
Tempest
Theft
Black Hole
Raise Dead
Early Burial
Emissary of Obliteration [2]

Trap [10]
Sixth Sense [2]
Magic Drain [2]
Deck Deck Destruction Virus [2]
Holy Barrier – Mirror Force
Tidal Wave
Cry of the Living Dead
Destruction Ring

Side Deck [15]
Confiscate
Steadfast Guard
Card Obliteration
Creature Swap
Apostles of Harmony
Black Magician of Chaos
Remains of Anubis
Calling Reinforcement [2]
Don Zaloog
Ninja Sasuke
Scapegoat
Enemy Controller
Marsh Mellow
Igzarion Universe

The fusion pile will be typical. Actually I have been wanting to go up against a Horus deck but too bad there isn’t one that exist in the semis. My guess is that most of them have already lost in the quarters. Anyway the decks I fought against are really weird and are not expected. My first round was against a typical Chaos deck. Not really anything to say actually. Just use up my DDV to clear his hands of high lv monsters and then use my Chaos to go on the remage.

The same goes for the second, third and fourth rounds. The first real test was actually against a DMC player. I suppose YY might know him. His name is Jeffery. Well when we were tied at one match a piece, little did he expected that I played 2 Emissary of Obliteration in my deck. I got 2 of them right on my first turn hand. And I used both of them on his only two creatures which were Apprentice Magician and Black Witch Forest. Then following that I just summoned monsters and just go on attacking.

My second real test was against a female player which is about half my age. Well better not looked down on her but she’s the player that knocked out the former champion in the previous round. Fortunately I got DDV out on the first turn and the rest is history.

Surprisingly, 3 players make it to the finals and we have to play a mini league to decide who wins the tournament. The first person to win both his oppositions will win the tournament. Well lucky for me is that one of my opposition was one of my local store’s players. So I know and understand his deck pretty well. The other opposition was playing a DDV deck and so of course I know how to deal with it too. I got around the league really fast and won the top prize.

Yupz and also YY, Kelvin got knocked out somewhere in the fifth round. Of course from wat I heard from was the person is one of the member of the DMC community.

Heres my report and the only thing that stands in my trip to LA would be BMT! Lets hope the military allows me to skip a few days just to represent my country in the Worlds!

Yoh Asakura
14th June 2004, 12:33 PM
Chaos Chaos Chaos. I do wish they would ban it from Tourniment play, it's so boring and pointless now.

Anywho nice going. What deck did the guys from DMC use? Any use a Horus? or just everybody with ****ing Chaos?

Dark-San
14th June 2004, 08:58 PM
Most of them were using a mixture of Horus and Chaos. Don't really know how they do it but they did play them together. The rest was using first turn kill deck~

Last Exile
14th June 2004, 09:11 PM
Okay, this is what I think Pascall, the 16-year old from Sydney who won the Aussie nationals, used:

Monsters: (17)

CED
BLS
D. D. Warrior Lady x 3
Archfiend Solider x 2
Shining Angel x 2
Tribe
Breaker
Sinister
Witch
Sangan
Yata
Magical Scientist
Reflect Bounder

Magic: (18)

MST x 3
Harpie's
Heavy
Pot of Greed
Graceful Charity
Painful Choice
Mirage of Nightmare
Dark Hole
Raigeki
Change of Heart
Snatch Steal
Monster Reborn
Premature Burial
Confiscation
Delinquent Duo
Forceful Sentry

Traps: (5)

Imperial Order
Call of the Haunted
Mirror Force
Ring of Destruction
Torrential Tribute

Standard Chaos deck really. Just be careful though. He's smarter than people would think. He makes the right choices very often. Also, he said he's thinking of putting in Enemy Controller and he might put in Blowback Dragon as well.

Now on English cards, Blade Knight is now an English card, so you can use that at the worlds, Darkyouth. Ancient Sanctuary came out this week, so Enemy Controller, The End of Anubis and Blowback Dragon are legal for the worlds, as this set is toruney legal opn July 1. However, Marshmallow, Sixth Sense and Deck Destruction Virus are STILL not in English! I am beginnign to doubt their legality for the worlds.

My advice, friend: if they're not out in English by the worlds, you seriously need to rework your m/ts! And remember, the 10 cards banned in Asia are legal in English, so you can use them!

Hope you can get to the US mate, you stand a good chance there!

SWAMPERT1
14th June 2004, 10:03 PM
Blde Knights English? Can you give me a picture or do you mean it is aloud in english tourney's?

jesschow12
15th June 2004, 01:11 AM
congrats darkyouth again

btw whats the prizes u are getting when u open the package??

Ayala
15th June 2004, 01:22 AM
i was there....very crowded...lol

Roarkiller
15th June 2004, 07:14 AM
I doubt they will allow u to go if u get enlisted before the tourney. Trust me, BMT is the worst time at getting leave.

For me, i dont have to worry cuz i juz found out that my next course wont start until 2 mths after next tuesday, ample time if i manage to go to worlds.

And so the final question: when is the worlds, and when is ur enlistment date?

Dark-San
15th June 2004, 07:28 AM
Well enlistment date is on the 24 of June which is next Thursday lolz~ Worlds should be on the 27 of July. About a month later!

@Jess~ Got nothing much one 150 dollar voucher, a lame bag and trophey!

Last Exile
15th June 2004, 07:47 AM
Beats the prizes for Australia. Three boosters boxes and a trophy for 1st place along with the paid trip. We would've taken money any day! :yes:

Congrats, Darkyouth, I hope you do well at the worlds. ;)

Yoh Asakura
15th June 2004, 12:41 PM
Watch him go down in his first match against some English n00b ROTF I'm jus' ****ing with ya.

Well you can use what's out in Eng and no banned cards, so looks like this is going to be a pathetic tourniment flooded with Chaos decks, maybe the occasional Undead and Warrior.

Ayala
15th June 2004, 08:02 PM
darkyou7th...your the one that got third huh~?

Dark-San
15th June 2004, 08:06 PM
Hey maybe I will be off in the first round if that fellow gives me a hand with 3 cyclone, 1 Tempest and 1 Harpie's Feather Sweep! It's still possible right? I mean I got that kind of hand b4 :lol:

Yupz Chaos might be expected. But it's hard to switch back to playing those ban cards now after I've so gotten used to playing the card game without them!

Ayala
15th June 2004, 08:26 PM
then dun use them...:p

DarkTemplarZ
16th June 2004, 05:29 AM
Okay, this is what I think Pascall, the 16-year old from Sydney who won the Aussie nationals, used:

Monsters: (17)

CED
BLS
D. D. Warrior Lady x 3
Archfiend Solider x 2
Shining Angel x 2
Tribe
Breaker
Sinister
Witch
Sangan
Yata
Magical Scientist
Reflect Bounder

Magic: (18)

MST x 3
Harpie's
Heavy
Pot of Greed
Graceful Charity
Painful Choice
Mirage of Nightmare
Dark Hole
Raigeki
Change of Heart
Snatch Steal
Monster Reborn
Premature Burial
Confiscation
Delinquent Duo
Forceful Sentry

Traps: (5)

Imperial Order
Call of the Haunted
Mirror Force
Ring of Destruction
Torrential Tribute

Standard Chaos deck really. Just be careful though. He's smarter than people would think. He makes the right choices very often. Also, he said he's thinking of putting in Enemy Controller and he might put in Blowback Dragon as well.

Now on English cards, Blade Knight is now an English card, so you can use that at the worlds, Darkyouth. Ancient Sanctuary came out this week, so Enemy Controller, The End of Anubis and Blowback Dragon are legal for the worlds, as this set is toruney legal opn July 1. However, Marshmallow, Sixth Sense and Deck Destruction Virus are STILL not in English! I am beginnign to doubt their legality for the worlds.

My advice, friend: if they're not out in English by the worlds, you seriously need to rework your m/ts! And remember, the 10 cards banned in Asia are legal in English, so you can use them!

Hope you can get to the US mate, you stand a good chance there!

Wow what an original deck, I have never seen somebody put so much effort into thinking of a deck. </sarcasm> This is why I hate English decks: Scientist Chaos, Scientist Chaos, more Scientist Chaos. Makes you sick, no wonder why so many people are quitting. And now the U.S. is showing their xenophobic arrogance again by requiring everybody to use the English TCG for the "World Tournament" rofl.
And since when is Blade Knight out in english?

Grats Darkyouth, you definitely deserve it. Good luck at the world tourney, and remember: anti-chaos gravekeeper deck ^^. And don't forget all the cheap m/t's that were banned in Japan, it's not like throwing Change of Heart and Raigeki in require a complete change in strategy...

Roarkiller
16th June 2004, 08:31 AM
Whats wrong with playing the US way? Its kinda the same as pkmn, isnt it? No diff, juz that its a different company who screwed up.

@Dkyouth: One mth later? Then forget it. Ur field camp is smack in the middle of BMT, and even then, ur schedule will only get lighter after situational test and rifle test.

Good luck to the other winner then.

Dark-San
16th June 2004, 08:44 AM
@RK~ Proberly I would ask for a deferment in the letter. Maybe that works ;)

If I'm going there, I'm either playing the same old boring Chaos or a FTK deck!

Yoh Asakura
16th June 2004, 12:32 PM
Use an Exodia deck rotf. I could just imagine seeing somebody winning every duel with the Manticore combo.