PDA

View Full Version : [p]whoa dude it's an awesome band poll!

phaedrus
14th June 2004, 03:11 PM
1. fav genres?
2. fav artists in that genre?
3. vote in that damn poll, ok?

classical music, rock
classical composers ->debussy, beethoven, haydn, mozart, bach
performers ->lang lang

rock-tenacious d, green day, modest mouse, blink-182, franz ferdinand, the vines, and THE CLASH.

Yoh Asakura
14th June 2004, 03:30 PM
Tenacious D & Green Day out of what's up there since the rest suck.

1. fav genres? Goth Rock, Rock, Heavy Metal, etc etc etc

2. fav artists in that genre? Evanescence, Seether, Alice Cooper, etc etc

3. vote in that damn poll, ok? Bite me.

P.s. If anybody votes for Pop which includes Busted and MacFly, I will have to shoot you.

suzie
14th June 2004, 04:19 PM
1. fav genres? gay techno, 'punk' i guess

2. fav artists in that genre? scooter, something corporate, the darkness. yes, i just listed the bands i like.

3. vote in that damn poll, ok? yes. the clash, gay euro/techno, and greenday/blink etc

Leon-IH
14th June 2004, 04:51 PM
1. fav genres?

1. Metal, old rock, breaks.

2. not going to write a twenty page monologue

3. no, you gave crap options and i resent green day being in with blink and the vines, they at least were good once.

Kris
14th June 2004, 04:58 PM
1. Hmm I wouldnt call it rock but its like rock, light rock if you want to call it that?

2. Evanescence and Muse (If anyone says I can't like both I will shoot you)

3. Yes sir!

Yoh Asakura
14th June 2004, 05:01 PM
1. Hmm I wouldnt call it rock but its like rock, light rock if you want to call it that?

2. Evanescence and Muse (If anyone says I can't like both I will shoot you)

3. Yes sir!

I like both and have both albums =]

AntiAsh Superstar
14th June 2004, 05:14 PM
1. Rock, punk, goth, metal, the odd bit of cheesy 80s synth-pop... @_@;;;

2. The Wildhearts, Bad Religion, AFI, NIN, Silverchair being my top five atm, I vote for them.

3. *votes for all listed bands bar Modest Mouse, who he has never heard of* My comments here include 'gogogo The Clash', 'dammit I really do need to buy that Franz Ferdinand album at some point in my life, shame the Hope of the States album's out now and that has to take priority', and 'in what shape, way or form are The Vines anything like the pop-punk bands you've lumbered them with?' :oh:

And I like Evanescence and Muse as well, Muse are just awesome whatever way you look at it and I don't really see anything particularly wrong with Evanescence's diet Lacuna Coil kinda stylings either. :)

Gengachu
14th June 2004, 05:26 PM
1. Industrial, Alt Metal, Metal, Video Game Covers
2. NIN, KMFDM, Rammstein, Rage, Metallica, Ozzy, NESkimos, Stemage

GreenShirT
14th June 2004, 06:32 PM
1. Death metal, thrash, rock, metal.
2. The Offspring, In Flames, Iron Maiden, Metallica, Lostprophets, Muse, A, Disturbed, Feeder, Foo's, Rob Zombie, QOTSA, Static X, SOAD, WASP.
3. Yup

Gothic Animé
14th June 2004, 08:08 PM
1. punk, rock, punk rock
2. WEEZER! yessss....and blink182, yellowcard, snow patrol, incubus, etc.
3. um...okay?

gomez
15th June 2004, 10:28 AM
1. I just listen to rock mostly. I just don't understand any other kind of music. I listen to anything rock, whether it be heavy, alt, or whatever.

2. Dang...Chevelle, incubus, Godsmack, Three Days Grace, Metallica, Disturbed, Mudvayne, Bush, umm...can't think of that many off the top of my head...basically rock in general. One of the only bands I can't stand is New Found Glory. The singers voice is frickin annoying. I like some parts of their new single though (just the heavy ones before it goes soft).

3. No thanks.

Jay Umbreon
15th June 2004, 02:28 PM
meh, I hate genres and labels, and all the rest of that crap; but I'll go along with the polls format for the sake of it x.x

1. 'pop-punk'/'punk-rock'
2. Blink 182, Taking back sunday, The Cure, The Starting Line, Yellowcard, Goldfinger, Motion City Soundtrack etc.

and personally, I don't think the vines sound like blink at all. green day don't even sound that much like blink; not even in blinks earlier flywatter/buddha/chesh. days. *shrugs* but I'll vote on your poll.

~Jay

phaedrus
15th June 2004, 03:14 PM
3. *votes for all listed bands bar Modest Mouse, who he has never heard of* My comments here include 'gogogo The Clash', 'dammit I really do need to buy that Franz Ferdinand album at some point in my life, shame the Hope of the States album's out now and that has to take priority', and 'in what shape, way or form are The Vines anything like the pop-punk bands you've lumbered them with?' :oh:

Modest Mouse is indie rock. The Vines, Green Day, and blink-182 were forced together as there was only a 10-slot limit and i had no other place to put them all. meh i did my best =|

Wergoheb
16th June 2004, 11:07 PM
1. The music I tend to listen to is random... My computer has a vast assortment of music things on it...

2. I am a fan of alot of older music: Al Green, Michael Jackson... But I also have a strange thing for like New Found Glory, And By the Way... Biz Markie owns you all... unf!
3. Erm... Okay?

nightcrow
17th June 2004, 10:53 AM
1. heavy/extreme metal; mostly doom, black, goth, power, or death.

2. emperor, tristania, my dying bride, iced earth, helloween, theatre of tragedy, morbid angel, opeth.. [from other genres] testament, iron maiden, stone temple pilots, metallica, judas priest...i could go on forever i bet

3. why did you list all those sucky bands at the top?? :angry:

en0miz
17th June 2004, 09:26 PM
1. fav genres?
Rap and r&b. :orange:

In rap, it has to be Biggie, in r&b, R Kelly (yes, what he did was wrong, but he still makes great music).

Yessir.

Mab the Mad Clefable
20th June 2004, 02:16 AM
1. Punk, rock, metal, industrial.
2. Bestest bands? Could go on forever here, but I'll list a few such as NIN, The Damned, Clash, Adverts, Sex Pistols, Cyclefly, Slaughter & The Dogs, Buzzcocks, Drones, The Boys, Godhead...could go on and on and on....
3. Did. The Clash got my vote. Their first album is still one of the things I play most. Love it!

Chrisodeo
20th June 2004, 11:30 PM
Where's John Lennon? Oh, and The Beatles. Also, Shpongle, Infected Mushroom, Darude, Tiesto, DJ Spectrum, NIN, KMFDM, MDFMK, Tool, Tapeworm, Jefferson Airplane, CCR, David Bowie, etc are all on my playlist. I don't really fit into a genre, nor do I support such labels.

Sheik
21st June 2004, 11:49 AM
1. My favorite genre is Rock of course.

2. My favorite band has got to be Hoobastank. I also like Maroon 5.

3. No, because all I don't like any of the bands in the option.

Angel Blossom
21st June 2004, 10:15 PM
1) Since Grunge & Classic are subgenres, I'll just say that Rock is definately my favorite genre in music. Next to rock would be Hip Hop/R&B. Yes, Simone, I'm getting in touch with my Hispanic blood again. XD Not that I like most rap besides Tupac, but Hip Hop/R&B is fun to listen to at a party and elsewhere. ^^;; And no, I'm not the type that's going to run to a local shop and put on a beanie, lol.

2) Rock - Red Hot Chili Peppers, Pearl Jam, Stone Temple Pilots, Nirvana, System of a Down, Weezer, The Beatles, Queen, Incubus, Foo Fighters, David Bowie, Metallica, Sublime, Less Than Jake, Maroon 5, The Doors, No Doubt, The Vines, Live
Rap/Hip Hop/R&B - Tupac Shakur, The Beastie Boys, Outkast

3) How demanding! XD I voted for The Clash & Rap. Those were the only options I felt were worth voting for. I truly hate how Blink 182 sounds now. I say they go back to their old material that a lot of people now miss! ^^;