PDA

View Full Version : {Poll} The Stepford Wives

Mikey
14th June 2004, 07:41 PM
Ha, I just saw this movie and thought of a poll to go along with it. While the movie was just ok, it did have a decent story.

Given the choice to implant a computer chip into your spouses head to make them totally perfect in every way including looks and personality, would you do it? Your spouse would wait hand and foot on you and basically live to serve.

I wouldn't do it as everyone has faults, and my life would be so boring if my wife just did exactly as ordered. Plus taking away the person you love's ability to think for themselves is wrong.

Gothic Animé
14th June 2004, 08:02 PM
i imagine sex would be very boring...o.O

i don't think i'd do it. i mean, if i wanted someone to wait on me hand and foot, i'd hire a maid. i wouldn't get my wife to do it. that would be wierd.

Mikey
14th June 2004, 09:34 PM
i imagine sex would be very boring...o.O

i don't think i'd do it. i mean, if i wanted someone to wait on me hand and foot, i'd hire a maid. i wouldn't get my wife to do it. that would be wierd.

Actually, the sex was far from boring in the movie. Because they are made to be perfect, their um...episodes (starts with an O) was very loud and they constantly screamed good things about you. But that's besides the point lol...

Jay Umbreon
15th June 2004, 05:14 AM
nah, I should imagine that after a while it would get really boring. I mean you have to have some banter with your gf/wife, doncha? yeah...well, I couldnt imagine her living to serve me - I could get a maid for that! I want a girlfriend/wife who has attituide (though not too much of course) lol.

sounds like a good movie though.

~Jay

Austrian ViceMaster Alex
15th June 2004, 06:39 AM
What would such a manipulated creature still have to do with the spouse you loved?

gomez
15th June 2004, 10:12 AM
If I had the chance, I wouldn't do it.

The sex thing sounds good, but I would have to pass on the whole 'chip in head' thing. Theres something freaky about that (not the good freaky).

phaedrus
15th June 2004, 01:32 PM
nah

i heard the ending was so shitty they had to refilm it

Wolfsong
16th June 2004, 12:47 AM
Well, I haven't seen the movie, and its not one that i'm planning on going to watch. However, as far as the poll goes, no i would not do that. That would basically rob them of their free will, not to mention make them incredibly boring and predictable.

Lulu
18th June 2004, 01:48 PM
I'd never do It,It destroys free will and independence,No-one would be unique,They would be programmed to that persons mind wich may be sick and twisted,Also I agree I guess sex would be kinda boring.

RedStarWarrior
19th June 2004, 11:34 AM
I would have a programmed mistress. My wife could stay as she was.

Lulu
19th June 2004, 12:50 PM
That would be sick,Taking away someones own Free will so you could screw them while your wife stays at home or goes to work!

RedStarWarrior
19th June 2004, 12:52 PM
I didn't mean that kind of mistress. I meant the head female groundskeeper. I would make her do whatever I want, outside of sex. Quit being perverted.

Sheik
19th June 2004, 02:45 PM
I would never do that. I wouldn't like my spouse to be perfect, because it would be weird. People are supposed to have faults, that's what makes them human. If I fall in love with someone, I'm going to fall in love with their strengths and their faults, and in the person that they really are. I would want my spouse to be just the way she is, perfect with faults, and still being 100% human. ;)

suzie
19th June 2004, 03:16 PM
i wouldnt. when you love someone, youre supposed to love everything about them, even their imperfections. right. :wave:

PNT510
19th June 2004, 03:47 PM
I would, as long as I could have a normal wife on the side :).