PDA

View Full Version : [p] favorite album of the year

kainashi
15th June 2004, 05:11 PM
felt like posting a poll about this so shrug.

my favorite album this year has to be slipknot's vol. 3 the subliminal verses. they have really matured as a band and it shows. it sounds a lot better than any of their previous albums. corey taylor is one of my favorite vocalists and he's become a better lyricist. they're not trying to be heavy just for the sake of being heavy and it sounds a lot better. the whole album is pretty good but i really like "the blister exists", "duality", "vermilion", and "pulse of the maggots". lots of nice experimenting going on in this album, like shawn playing percussion with a baseball bat and a beer keg. i like it. :dance:

phaedrus
15th June 2004, 05:46 PM
i like franz ferdinand if that was this year.

if not, modest mouse's good news for people who love bad news. nice album.

Sheik
15th June 2004, 05:47 PM
I have a lot of favorite albums, but my most favorite is Hoobastank's "The Reason". I also like Maroon 5's "Songs about Jane", Yellowcard's "Ocean Avenue", and Usher's "Confessions".

Crystal Mew
15th June 2004, 08:42 PM
hm, I don't buy cd's really..I just listen to the radio, but I did buy rotk: soundtrack...and I like that alot, so that could be my fav right? :oh:

Angel Blossom
15th June 2004, 10:10 PM
I don't care if they are from 2003, but I'm posting to say that Outkast's Speakerboxxx/The Love Below are both awesome, the best from Outkast yet. They aren't one of those albums which only two or three songs are good. Both albums have awesome songs that won't bore you. ^_^ Uh, I don't listen to new bands or their CD's, but there are two exceptions - "A Crow Left of the Murder", by Incubus, & "Songs About Jane", which is by Maroon 5. Two awesome CD's which I hope to buy soon. (But won't since I'm broke! ^^; )

cd
15th June 2004, 10:57 PM
um, i don't listen to new music. so i'll say my favourite album.

opeth - orchid.

edit: changed word

youdontknowme
16th June 2004, 12:10 AM
slipknot's vol. 3 the subliminal verses.
:yes:
watched the duality music video and its crazy. people jumping everywhere, tearing the house apart. lol.

i dont have any CD's but i have an mp3 of duality. i would listen to some older ones but then my mom's around a lot and there's a lot of cussing so... that's out of the question.

Austrian ViceMaster Alex
16th June 2004, 05:49 AM
Isn't it a little early for such a poll? :P

Well since I only liked three songs this year and two of those don't have an album but are only available as singles (yet) I have to go with Franz Ferdinand's debut album too. One good song on it. Better than nothing.

PancaKe
16th June 2004, 06:21 AM
Um... I dont actually buy cds cuz i'm cheap. and evanescence came out last year... I'd say that for the cds im going to buy - lost prophets are the best so far. Lost prophets, and Pete Murray.

kainashi
16th June 2004, 08:33 AM
Isn't it a little early for such a poll? :P
you could always say what one you're looking forward to. :P

Jay Umbreon
16th June 2004, 10:45 AM
well, it was last november, but it's within a year, so I'm saying blink-182's self titled album :) I absolutely love the songs on there. reminds me of some old cure stuff *kiss me kiss me kiss me*. I just think their new sound is great, and I loved them when I saw them live in feb.

I also like New Found Glory's new album; catalyst. :nut:

~Jay

suzie
16th June 2004, 11:00 AM
i <3 something corporate - north and the darkness - persmission to land. i think theyre from 2003, but thats okay since im considering this "year" a year ago from right now. :wave:

phaedrus
16th June 2004, 11:49 AM
']Franz Ferdinand self titled debut wins it by miles.

i repost to second this ;D

AntiAsh Superstar
16th June 2004, 05:40 PM
The new Lostprophets album is quite shockingly good, it's true they're never gonna top Shinobivsdragonninja, but on balance this one's of a lot better quality than their first. I'd say Franz Ferdinand too if I had actually got round to buying the album, and judging from the singles and a shockingly good live perfomance I'd say the debut album by Hope of the States is gonna wipe the floor with most of the competition. I'm also really looking forward to the upcoming Bad Religion album, too, judging from the tracks they previewed when I saw them live it's gonna be a real return to 'The Gray Race' era form. :)

Of course, there are just exceptionally good albums, but my real vote in this poll goes to 'Death Before Musick' by Amen. Amen are always good, they do the punk thing so much more convincingly than all these bands who had to go and put that thing called 'pop' into the mix, and a band who can still manage to be hideously catchy despite not actually having much in the way of melody has to be applauded. ^_^;;

gomez
17th June 2004, 09:54 AM
I don't really buy new CD's. I always browse the used section here at Hasting's. I did buy incubus' A Crow Left of the Murder though. It wasn't as good as I expected, but it was somewhat decent. They could have done better.

I'm just listening to Godsmack's Faceless and incubus' Make Yourself right now.

Wigglytuff
20th June 2004, 04:51 AM
probably college dropout by kanye west 8)

Kris
20th June 2004, 10:39 AM
It wasnt released this year but Muse's Absolution is still my favourite album that is around at the moment.

I am a big fan of muse but this album is defiantly the best so far.

RedStarWarrior
20th June 2004, 11:46 AM
I like Velvet Revolver's Contraband. Of course, I just illegal download all of my music anyway, but if I did buy an album, that would be the one.

Yoh Asakura
20th June 2004, 11:47 AM
Fallen or Absolution.

Fallen more though.

kainashi
20th June 2004, 11:49 AM
I like Velvet Revolver's Contraband. Of course, I just illegal download all of my music anyway, but if I did buy an album, that would be the one.
http://www.wideopenwest.com/~kainashi007/haha.jpg