PDA

View Full Version : Undeath to Aeris

Fai D. Flowright
31st January 2003, 05:17 PM
first off, I KNOW THAT AERIS DIES.
second, is there any possible way to keep her alive or bring her back by doing certain things in events or a gameshark code. i really want to know if anyone has any idea because she was a main part of my team and i have her first level 3 limit break. OMG!!!!!!!! yes it is possible. its so sweet. if anyone has any HELPFUL comments on this plz let me know.

Strider Azure
31st January 2003, 06:25 PM
I heard that there was supposed to be as sidequest in order to revive Aeris, but it was taken out by Square.

Mew26
31st January 2003, 06:32 PM
There's no "legal" way to get back Aeris. Check gamefaqs.com to get her back using a Gameshark or something though... maybe check one of the "Debug room" guides there?

Oh, and you can get Aeris level 4 limit, although it's not really worth the effort (because of the whole dying thing) :)

Weird Wobbuffet
2nd February 2003, 05:33 PM
Nope,only a gameshark code will keep her alive only in battles,which kinda sucks really.The relationship with her and Cloud was really getting good too.I also thought he was going to end up with Tifa,but that didn't happen.

Mikachu Yukitatsu
3rd February 2003, 08:36 AM
It is one of those undying fake cheats: resurrect Aeris. The plot shows that Aeris was ment to die. It could give a whole different ending if you got her back. Simply too much programming.

EDIT: Typed the name wrong, having lived too long without playing Fainaru Fantaji VII recently

SAMAS
7th February 2003, 03:47 PM
Of all the great character deaths in RPGs, why the hell is everyone so hung up on Aeris?

Eyedolize
8th February 2003, 02:00 AM
Man, I've heard the whole thing about Aeris' death before I even played FFVII. I guess her death meant alot to alot of FF gamers, I suppose. If I hadn't known about her death when I played the game, then I'm sure that her death would've been quite shocking and surprising to me.

bb88
9th February 2003, 12:20 AM
Of course, you could always play Kingdom Hearts and see Aerith :D

Shadow Trainer Ash
9th February 2003, 07:50 AM
o_o; I don't see why you'd even want to revive Aerith... I personally found her waaaaaay too clingy and annoying. Plus she was ruining Cloud's releationship with Tifa... I really don't like the CloudxAerith coupling, considering Aerith only liked Cloud because he reminded her of Zax. -_-;

Anyway, if you want her back, you just need to use Gameshark. I heard you can't take her to the end of the game though, or it'll freeze.

Little_Pikachu
11th February 2003, 12:19 AM
#1: The "Revive Aeris" sidequest is a proven hoax. There never was any plan to revive her, at least since the very earliest stages of the game's production. By the time the original demo was out in Japan, they had no intention of bringing her back.

#2: Yeah, you can shark her into your party. You can shark Sephiroth, Proto-Cloud, and a Goblin-Looking thing, too, if you have the right codes. They don't do anything special, though, and they crash the game regularly. Aeris is the most stable simply because she was designed to be a playable character, but there's several places she provokes a crash, too. Not unlike sharking Blank, Marcus, Cinna, and Beatrix in FFIX.

#3: Aeris's L4 Limit Break is the best in the game, offering a full heal and total invincibility for basically as long as you could possibly want it. It is well-worth getting, even if you get it only for the animation. Probably the second-best attack animation in the game, after the American-release Supernova. All you have to do is take your Buggy back to Costa del Sol and ride the boat back to Midgar's continent before you start messing around south of the desert, and you can pick up the Mythril you need. Leveling up her Limit Breaks should be no problem if you abuse her Fury Brand to pump everybody else's Limit Breaks.

#4: If you think people have been irrationally distraught over Aeris's death, you should've seen the reactions to General Leo's death in FFVI.

Mikachu Yukitatsu
11th February 2003, 01:47 AM
Originally posted by Impereon
Probably the second-best attack animation in the game, after the American-release Supernova.

"American-release Supernova"? Are you saying that it looked different in the original Japanese version?

*wants to get one imported to improve his language skills*

Victreebong
15th February 2003, 02:37 PM
supernova kinda bored me. i was so used to seeing stuff like meteorain and omnislash that i begain to hate everyone elses', mainly because the majority could only do static 9999 damage.

and like others have said, why do you even want her? had she had a holy elemental limit break or something that hit four times, that would be COMPLETELY different. but all she was was a pacifist who helped strengthen the emotional backbone of the story. isn't Tifa enough?; she's got extra assets, and she's a good fighter.

bShockED
15th February 2003, 09:45 PM
victreebong, try playing a low-level game (your main party being around lv. 20 before she dies). heal wind becomes absolutely crucial against bosses such as lost number and demon's gate. moreover, in such cases her high magic is extremely useful as a support character.

kalad1
15th February 2003, 09:59 PM
As i didn't like RELYING on my magic, I kicked her out of my party ASAP, I also didn't use tifa that much, I REALLY liked Yuffie though...

bb88
19th February 2003, 12:51 AM
HELLOOOOOO! Guys! I'm not lying! Really, play Kingdom Hearts! She's right in there! She's alive! HELLOOO? GUYS?

:(

Fai D. Flowright
19th February 2003, 04:16 PM
one problem bb88

YOU CAN'T GET HER ON YOUR TEAM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

that is what i am looking for
if i wanted to just see her, i would start the game from disc one and watch the beginning video:rolleyes:!!!!!!

oy

:(