PDA

View Full Version : New to this, Old to Pokemon: Also Moveset questions

DarkestLight
31st January 2003, 06:17 PM
Hello! Names DarkestLight, but I'd prefer DL better.

Been reading up quite a bit, and like you all, I am an uber Pokemon fan.

Piased toward all weird looking and detrimentally ugly/weak Pokemon. n_n

But here's somethng. I've played this game forever, have craaaaapy movesets, but still understand how the moveset system works.. and yet.

This is the first time I've ever EVER heard of STAB >O!
What does Stab stand for? I know its something dealing with a Pokemon Stats, but I really DON'T KNOW >O! I tried thinking about the Acronym, but the closes I got was umm what did I get...

Oh

Speed to Attack Base..Or Suction to Alien Butt. oR Super Traumatic Attacking Bivalve...

Yeah I am not getting it >_>...

And that dosen't sound quite right. But yes, I'll be grateful if someone can tell me what that means. Look forward to sharing my limited knowledge with you all, as well as taking alot of knowledge back.

>_> Also got Moveset help. Don't beat me over the head I'm working on making all my Old Pokemon Movesets actually feasible. But this is a Psuedo R/S team--Dark/Ghost aligned

And yes I know about not getting Houndoom or Gengar or T-tar. Lemme dream!! Lemme DREAM!

Gengar:
Haze
Shadowball
Psychic
Confuse Ray

Houndoom:
Sunny Day
Solarbeam
Flamethrower
Crunch

>_> That's a standard one..

Yamirami: n_n
Recover
ShadowBall
Confuse Ray
Faint Attack

Ok yes Faint attack is bad...but I think the other three are good...

Jupetta:
Ice Beam
Attract
Curse
Thunderbolt

That's so a bad one x_x

Abusoru
Flamethrower
Toxic {Though I know I should have Mean look here so they cant run away, but eeh}
Faint Attack
Slash

/./..If Abusoru wasn't so darn slow..What were the designers thinking!! Wolves are fast!!!

Tyranitar:
Crunch
DragonClaw/Ice Beam [Im leaning toward Ice Beam]
Earthquake
Surf

>_> That seems to cover alot of them, but all pokemon will BOW BEFORE THE MIGHT OF MAI TYRANT!! Or at least give her a fwower n_n

Strider Azure
31st January 2003, 06:22 PM
STAB - Same Type Attack Bonus

Pokemon that is using an attack of their type will deal 1.5 damage more.

123LTJ
31st January 2003, 06:25 PM
Thanx, I was wondering that myself. Oh, and welcome, DL! I'm 123LTJ, also known as Kris, and I'm a moron (which, if you read the things I post, is painfully obvious). It's good to know that there's one more person I can harass for information.

DarkestLight
31st January 2003, 06:33 PM
THAT MAKES SENSE!!

OH YEAH.

I must remember this. Thanks ery much. Yes you can harass me as much as you want, as long as I can do the same :D

Wow, and now that I know, I feel really slow now XD. I should have thought of that. O well Whooo!

Cyber Dragon
31st January 2003, 07:10 PM
The veryvery first time I came into Pokemon forums (anywhere, not specifically here), people were using acronyms like STAB and other words like Pseudo-Pass and Pseudo-Haze. I'm like 'WTH does THAT mean???'

Welcome to TPM. :)

Any more abbreviations you should know of - ...

Argh, I can't think of any... Oh, DT is Double Team. Yeah. o_O;

And FYI, unless you don't know, Pseudo-pass is when you cast Light Screen/Protect/Safeguard, and it automatically lasts, even when you do switch pokemon without a baton pass. Pseudo-haze is using Roar or Whirlwind to cancel the opposing pokemon's ability raises (like using Curse a lot) by forcing a switch. You're probably not *that* new to pokemon, but I'm just saying it. :)

DarkestLight
31st January 2003, 07:50 PM
I heard of Psuedo Haze ;;I do it alot >D:;

Never Psuedo-Roar. The Poke-World keeps changing. Well that's cool. Such a cordial welcome, I'm definitely going to like it here. I shoulda joined sooner instead of just reading the news. xD

Madelyn151
31st January 2003, 07:52 PM
stab is indeed, same type attack bonus. yes, normal types get it. yes, pokemon that are dual-typed get the 1.5x bonus on BOTH their attack types. guides are stupid.

suction to alien butt's much better, though.

gengar : attack's too low for shadow ball, even with stab. i'd go tbolt.

houndoom : si... maybe get jack 'o lanturn on there somewhere. *shrug*

yamirami : sure. maybe return or something over faint attack.

jupetta : eek jupetta without attack being taken advantage of. get shadow ball on HIM, for gawdzsake.

absol : uhh curse/return/baton pass/substitute?? i have no clue, you could do swords dance/return/shadow ball/fire blast (for icky steels).

tyranitar : dragon dance nownownow. dragon dance/earthquake/rock move/random move. rest, beak slash, or an elemental works.

NO MORE MIDTERMS. have i said this already? XP

Azura Stardust
31st January 2003, 08:24 PM
on Tyranitar: I realised the idea of beak slash is roxorage because; it completely obliterates Heracross.... and fighting types that really mess up Tyranitar.