PDA

View Full Version : My latest team, please give it a rate! (RMT!)

Pharod, Wearer of Gandalf Hats
16th June 2004, 06:22 PM
Well, here go's! Hope you like it!

Gengar @ Leftovers Modest
Ability: Levitate
Attacks: Gigadrain, Thunderbolt, Subtitute, Focus Punch
Purpose: Simple Gengar set, it attacks with Gigadrain and Thunderbolt, it will also attacks with the Subtitute/Focus Punch combo, which is quite effective. Handy against Grounds..

Dragonite @ Leftovers Adament
Ability: Inner Flinch
Attacks: Aerial Ace, Earthquake, Dragon Dance, Brick Break
Purpose: All out Attacker, jumps in when the ass of the Water Pokémon has been kicked, so it will have less chance on encountering Ice beams. A favourite of mine. Don't know what EV's I should give him though.

Dugtrio @ Choice Band Adament
Ability: Arena Trap
Attacks: Earthquake, Rockslide, HP Flying, Bodyslam
Purpose: Very fast attacker, HP Flying against Grass types that might cross it’s path.

Blaziken @ Shell Bell Adament
Ability: Blaze
Attacks: Swords dance, Rockslide, Brick Break, Overheat
Purpose: My sweeper, Sword’s Dances a few times and attacks.

Vaporeon @ Chesto Berry Modest
Ability: Water Absorb
Attacks: Surf, Icebeam, Haze, Rest
Purpose: Takes the water blows, and it’s a solid Hazer. Another favourite of mine.

Gardevoir @ Salac Berry Modest
Ability: Synchronize
Attacks: Psychic, Thunderbolt, Calm Mind, Destiny Bond
Purpose: Standard moveset, attacks with Thunderbolt and Psychic. Calm Mind to raise its stats and Destiny Bond to make sure to take one Pokémon down. Yet another favourite of mine.

As you can see, I got no Spiker, but I was never font of the move..

HavoX
16th June 2004, 07:47 PM
Attacks: Gigadrain, Thunderbolt, Substitute, Focus Punch
Purpose: Simple Gengar set, it attacks with Gigadrain and Thunderbolt, it will also attacks with the Subtitute/Focus Punch combo, which is quite effective. Handy against Grounds..
Giga Drain, yes. Thunderbolt and Focus Punch, no. Replace them with Shadow Ball and Confuse Ray.

Ability: Inner Focus
Purpose: All out Attacker, jumps in when the ass of the Water Pokémon has been kicked, so it will have less chance on encountering Ice beams. A favourite of mine. Don't know what EV's I should give him though.
Where did you get the other Leftovers? Also, get rid of Brick Break and replace it with Thunderbolt.

Attacks: Earthquake, Rock Slide, HP Flying, Body Slam
Purpose: Very fast attacker, HP Flying against Grass types that might cross it’s path.
Good, good. I like your style... a Pokémon with Earthquake and Rock Slide can become very deadly

Attacks: Swords Dance, Rock Slide, Brick Break, Overheat
Why Brick Break? You could use Sky Uppercut instead.

Attacks: Surf, Ice Beam, Haze, Rest
Purpose: Takes the water blows, and it’s a solid Hazer. Another favourite of mine.
Great, but why is it holding the Chesto Berry? And I don't see any good use of Haze other than a Double Battle (when your Blaziken uses Overheat)

Purpose: Standard moveset, attacks with Thunderbolt and Psychic. Calm Mind to raise its stats and Destiny Bond to make sure to take one Pokémon down. Yet another favourite of mine.
I personally find Destiny Bond useless, it can kill the Pokémon who uses it as well. Other than that, great moveset! :)

As you can see, I got no Spiker, but I was never fond of the move..
what

Iveechan
16th June 2004, 07:58 PM
I just want to comment on the Doomed guy's rating. Gengar is Modest so the attack stat is too low for Shadow Ball (even though it's STAB) but Focus Punch is great for normals on the switch in. Vice versa for Dragonite. And Vaporeon has Chesto for Rest. Bricks Break is more accurate and reliable than Sky Uppercut, and Destiny Bond is good to use when you're low on hp and about to die anyway.

Oh yeah, the only comment I'd make is to make Gardevoir Timid and the Blaziken Jolly. I feel these two really need a speed boost and already have moves that boost their respective attack stats.

Ultimate Pikachu
16th June 2004, 08:37 PM
Gengar: Psychic over Giga Drain.

Dragonite: Fine. EVs: 4 HP, 252 Attack, 252 Speed or 252 Attack, 128 Defense, 128 Special Defense.

Dugtrio: Return over Body Slam.

Blaziken: Salac Berry is a better item for Blaziken.

Vaporeon: I would put Acid Armor somewhere.

Gardevoir: Fine.

Pharod, Wearer of Gandalf Hats
17th June 2004, 02:31 AM
Thanks for the rates guys, but I could use a few more rates, I really want to know if this team is very solid before training it.

phaedrus
17th June 2004, 12:27 PM
awesome guy IS IN

Attacks: Gigadrain, Thunderbolt, Subtitute, Focus Punch

psychic>gigadrain. not enough bp for gd to be good.

Ability: Inner Flinch

good. remember to take out ice pokes too. it's adamant & inner focus, btw

Attacks: Earthquake, Rockslide, HP Flying, Bodyslam

you might want hp~ghost for fast psychics. lum>choiceband, because you don't want par killing your dugtrio.

Attacks: Swords dance, Rockslide, Brick Break, Overheat

salacberry>shellbell. the rest looks fine.

Attacks: Surf, Icebeam, Haze, Rest

works.

yepper.

three changes. good team though....