PDA

View Full Version : Why did I do what I did?

Dark Nidoknight
17th June 2004, 01:58 AM
Okay, some of you may be aware that I posted a fanfic yesterday(Though I doubt it, I deleted it when I awoke.)--it was the introduction to a "serious" fanfic I am writing. Then, something overcame me: a feeling that it was all wrong and overall terrible--making me promptly delete it from the forums. Is their any way to overcome this fear? I haven't had the courage to post anything fanfic-wise for around ten months now.

~Dark Nidoknight~

mistysakura
17th June 2004, 06:54 AM
Um... keep yourself off the computer for a few days until you get over it. Okay, just kidding (although that works for me.) Otherwise, before you post, edit it over and over again until you can't find a reason why your fic would be bad; then you won't be tempted to delete it. Although that's pretty impossible. Or else, you could take my view that posting faniction on a forum is not going to get you flamed, but it will give you good advice and so help your fics be better, giving you more confidence.

(Somehow I don't think I helped at all. Excuse my rambling.)

Dragonfree
17th June 2004, 07:25 AM
You're not going to get flamed or anything, trust me on that. If it's bad, it's likely that you won't get any replies, but you're not going to get flames or even harsh criticism because that just doesn't happen here. Trust me, I have experience with posting a bad fic here.

Of course, it might be good, and then you get loads of replies and everybody loves you.

Iveechan
17th June 2004, 10:26 AM
You're still afraid of the people flaming you for being against common favorites, aren't chya?

PancaKe
19th June 2004, 08:04 AM
I managed to read your fic before it was deleted. However my IE is stupid and sometimes closes right when i click post. So I wasn't able ot post my reply. But your fic was NOTHING to be ashamed of. I mean, it needed fixing in some areas, but what fic here doesnt'? And honestly, we're not expecting you to be perfect. You didn't need to delete your fic it was fine!

:P