PDA

View Full Version : Now what?

Tall-Guy
17th June 2004, 01:24 PM
I done with the story-mode, I beat steven.
Now what?
I want to beat all the other challenges before I'm starting to train a real good team.
Until now I'm dont with :

1)Finishing the game.
2)Getting Latias,Regis, Razaquaza. ( And the Fossil )
3) Trailers eye
4) Got all the TM (except the two in the game corner, it will take ages to get 1500 coins ... )
5) Played some Battle Tower.
6) Catched all the pokemon you can which Surfing, Fishing, Grass, caves and Breaking Stones.

Thats it.
Any other nice challenges before I'll give up the challenges and just try to learn about moves and build a team?

drizzt
17th June 2004, 04:28 PM
Well you could catch the Regi brothers and try to beat the battle tower.

rinku
17th June 2004, 07:16 PM
You could have a go at the contests. Nice use for pokémon you like but which are too weak for serious battling. Contest movesets are a whole new angle to the game.

Have you battled every trainer eye trainer 5 or more times? If not you have not seen their final teams. Many of them have held items to be stolen at this point.

Have you gathered every hidden object? There are many lying around on beaches and underwater.

Jeikobu
17th June 2004, 07:19 PM
Right now I need to:
-Raise up some good battling team members to level 100, with good moves and strategies
-Explore the S. S. Aqua
-Go to the Southern Island and capture Latios
-Take on the Battle Tower
-Enter Pokemon Contests (I've been so caught up on Pokemon battles the whole game I haven't entered one contest! ^^; )
-Catch and raise the remaining Pokemon

Maybe this'll give some ideas.

VampireCharizard
18th June 2004, 07:55 AM
O_o gah you could just BUY 1500 coins :what: ... for 30,000 moneys. ya that's what i do

Tall-Guy
18th June 2004, 09:25 AM
OK, few things :

1) Which items the trainer from "trainer's eye" holding? Something that you cant get somewhere else?
And how do I know if there pokemon hold something, or how to steal them?

2) Buyin 1500 coins? I dont think I have enough money for that :)
Any way for getting money fast?

3) I need to find a pokemon that is "Disloyal" to get TM21 from the guy from pacifilog.
Where can I find a pokemon like that ?

4) what do I need to do for Mirage Island to show up ?!

theniceguydk
18th June 2004, 10:14 AM
While I was training my Pokémon to level 100 (before Colosseum), I got a LOT of money by defeating the E4 over and over again. - I got 999.999, and then you can't get more.

Music Dragon
18th June 2004, 12:42 PM
1: 1a: Black Belt Nob's Machamp will have Black Belt. Use Thief or Covet.
1b: Bug Maniac Brandon's Masquerain will have Silver/Brightpowder. Can't remember which one... Use Thief or Covet.
1c: Dragon Tamer Nicolas will carry a Shelgon with Dragon Fang. Thief or Covet.

NOTE: I'm not sure if this is true, I found it on Cheatcc.com but I haven't tried it yet.

2: Just beat the E4 lots of times.

3: In Fallarbor, you can buy bitter things in the herb shop. They make Pokemon disloyal.

4: I'm not sure what to do in normal cases, I guess it's just random. But I think it might appear during the Heavy rain/Harsh Sunlight Period when Groudon/Kyogre changes the weather.

andyizcool
18th June 2004, 12:46 PM
4) what do I need to do for Mirage Island to show up ?!
Every day a hidden number is chosen. If one of your Pokemon have that number then the guy will say he can see Mirage Island. When he says he can see it you'll be able to visit it. There's some nice Berry Trees there with some Liechi Berries that can be great for Physical Sweepers.

VampireCharizard
18th June 2004, 01:08 PM
Doesn't Trick work too? isn't that the move that switches the items I've never tried it do you have to have an item for the your pokemon to trade?

phaedrus
18th June 2004, 01:54 PM
Dragon Fang comes from altaria, not shelgon.

just go catch a wurmple and show that. it might work. frustration is horrible compared to return so meh

Music Dragon
18th June 2004, 03:16 PM
Oops! Sorry, my mistake...

Tall-Guy
18th June 2004, 04:58 PM
Number from the 6 pokemon im using, or from all the pokemon I caught?

And one more thing, is thief or convet is a usefull attack?
Should I learn it to some spcific pokemon, or just learn it to some defualt male poke?

theniceguydk
19th June 2004, 02:33 AM
Number from the 6 pokemon im using, or from all the pokemon I caught?

And one more thing, is thief or convet is a usefull attack?
Should I learn it to some spcific pokemon, or just learn it to some defualt male poke?

No it's just the 5th time you beat him.

Covet and Thief isn't good. Don't use them in real battles - only for collecting items.

Don't Run With Scizors
19th June 2004, 04:14 AM
They're good moves when you deprive your opponent of valuable Leftovers.

Gagome
19th June 2004, 06:43 AM
Dragon Fang comes from altaria, not shelgon.

just go catch a wurmple and show that. it might work. frustration is horrible compared to return so meh
Sorry, but this is not true. Dragon Tamer Nicolas has two Altarias and one Shelgon. And it is definitely Shelgon which holds Dragon Fang and not Altaria.
I know because I have already stolen it several times.

Gagome
19th June 2004, 06:48 AM
1: 1a: Black Belt Nob's Machamp will have Black Belt. Use Thief or Covet.
1b: Bug Maniac Brandon's Masquerain will have Silver/Brightpowder. Can't remember which one... Use Thief or Covet.
1c: Dragon Tamer Nicolas will carry a Shelgon with Dragon Fang. Thief or Covet.

NOTE: I'm not sure if this is true, I found it on Cheatcc.com but I haven't tried it yet.

To add some info:

Bug Maniac Brandon's Masquerain holds Silverpowder.
Ninja Boys Weezing on Route 113 (don't remember his name) holds a Smoke Ball.

My Pokemon have stolen all four items several times from the above trainers. The most I got from Bug Maniac Brandon. He always wants to battle me and I have now more than 30 Silverpowders.

rinku
20th June 2004, 07:34 PM
While on the subject of stealing items AND getting money, the most lucrative ploy is to battle Lady Cindy and Rich Boy Winston again and again - their Linoone hold Nuggets and you get a whopping base p7000 for defeating them. Lead with a pokémon holding your Amulet Coin, then switch to a Theif/Covet pokémon and steal their Nugget. p19,000 per battle, and you can reactivate them just by running between areas.

And ALWAYS travel with Pickup pokémon in any slot you aren't actively using, especially while training. Money is no problem in Ruby/Sapphire.

To get a TM21 quickly, start with a traded pokémon (in game trades are fine) and battle with it to lose, remembering to revive it with herbs. You could also feed it pokéblocks it doesn't like (which has the advantage of being free, but is a slower process). Don't walk around with it while you are not getting it KO'd.