PDA

View Full Version : I changed my team, and I think it's quite an improvement, please give it a rate!

Pharod, Wearer of Gandalf Hats
17th June 2004, 04:57 PM
I posted a team yesterday, but I think that this one is more diverse, because I had to many Pokémon that needed Power-Up moves, and I didn't have something like Lightscreen on my team, so I sorted thing out and It's quite an improvement if I may say so.

Electabuzz @ Leftovers Naive
Ability: Static
Attacks: Thunderbolt, Ice punch, Subtitute, Focus Punch
Purpose: Needed an Electric and opener to protect my team against Water types along with Vaporeon and Meganium. Thunderbolt and Ice punch to use its special attack. Subtitute+Focus Punch combo= Nice!

Camerupt @ Leftovers/Chesto Berry? Adamant?
Ability: Magma Armor
Attacks: Earthquake, Rockslide, Amnesia/Rest, Overheat
Purpose: Needed a Ground and Fire type that was immune to ice moves, because I already had two Pokémon on my team who were weak against Ice, he is a nice counter. If I would've had picked another Ground, I had 3x Ice weakness, so a nice way of blocking that.

Dragonite @ Leftovers Adamant
Ability: Inner Focus
Attacks: Aerial Ace, Earthquake, Dragon Dance, Brick Break
Purpose: All out Attacker, jumps in when the ass of the Water Pokémon has been kicked, so it will have less chance on encountering Ice beams. A favourite of mine.

Meganium @ Chesto Berry Modest
Ability: Overgrow
Attacks: Razor Leaf, Synthesis, Lightscreen, Earthquake
Purpose: Another favourite of mine, I needed some Lightscreen on my team, so I eventually picked her for that spot. Razor Leaf for high critical hit ratio. Earthquake for filler, open for suggestions though. Lightscreen to protect Dragonite and Camerupt a bit.

Vaporeon @ Chesto Berry Modest
Ability: Water Absorb
Attacks: Surf, Icebeam, Haze, Rest
Purpose: Takes the water blows, and it’s a solid Hazer. Another favourite of mine. Takes care of the Ground and Fire Pokémon, so that Camerupt can do its handy work.

Gardevoir @ Salac Berry Modest
Ability: Synchronize
Attacks: Psychic, Thunderbolt, Calm Mind, Destiny Bond
Purpose: Standard moveset, attacks with Thunderbolt and Psychic. Calm Mind to raise its stats and Destiny Bond to make sure to take one Pokémon down. Yet another favourite of mine.

Hope you like it! Could you guys give it a rating from 1-10 please?

phaedrus
17th June 2004, 05:02 PM
Electabuzz @ Leftovers Naive
Ability: Static
Attacks: Thunderbolt, Ice punch, Subtitute, Focus Punch
Purpose: Needed an Electric and opener to protect my team against Water types along with Vaporeon and Meganium. Thunderbolt and Ice punch to use its special attack. Subtitute+Focus Punch combo= Nice!

it gets icepunch? buwahahahahahaha.....get a different personality besides naive. meh, it looks ok.

Camerupt @ Leftovers/Chesto Berry? Adamant?
Ability: Magma Armor
Attacks: Earthquake, Rockslide, Amnesia/Rest, Overheat
Purpose: Needed a Ground and Fire type that was immune to ice moves, because I already had two Pokémon on my team who were weak against Ice, he is a nice counter. If I would've had picked another Ground, I had 3x Ice weakness, so a nice way of blocking that.

he's not immune. it's just immune to FRZ. chestorest, adamant is ok.

Dragonite @ Leftovers Adamant
Ability: Inner Focus
Attacks: Aerial Ace, Earthquake, Dragon Dance, Brick Break
Purpose: All out Attacker, jumps in when the ass of the Water Pokémon has been kicked, so it will have less chance on encountering Ice beams. A favourite of mine.

meh, take out the ice-types too.

Meganium @ Chesto Berry Modest
Ability: Overgrow
Attacks: Razor Leaf, Synthesis, Lightscreen, Earthquake
Purpose: Another favourite of mine, I needed some Lightscreen on my team, so I eventually picked her for that spot. Razor Leaf for high critical hit ratio. Earthquake for filler, open for suggestions though.

ok. @scopelens is better. it looks ok, just note eq has less power because of modest. that reminds me timid>modest

Vaporeon @ Chesto Berry Modest
Ability: Water Absorb
Attacks: Surf, Icebeam, Haze, Rest
Purpose: Takes the water blows, and it’s a solid Hazer. Another favourite of mine. Takes care of the Ground and Fire Pokémon, so that Camerupt can do its handy work.

seen this already. ok

Gardevoir @ Salac Berry Modest
Ability: Synchronize
Attacks: Psychic, Thunderbolt, Calm Mind, Destiny Bond
Purpose: Standard moveset, attacks with Thunderbolt and Psychic. Calm Mind to raise its stats and Destiny Bond to make sure to take one Pokémon down. Yet another favourite of mine.

see ^

meh, one change? lol =D

17th June 2004, 05:05 PM
I didnt know what to pick for Electabuzz, so I was thinking about that until my bro came into my room and told me I was Naive. :P

But thanks for the rate strat. :)

EDIT: Yeah, I know Camerupt isnt Immune to Ice, but it's kinda late here so I can get some things messed up ever so now and then. :P

phaedrus
17th June 2004, 05:12 PM
I didnt know what to pick for Electabuzz, so I was thinking about that until my bro came into my room and told me I was Naive. :P

But thanks for the rate strat. :)

EDIT: Yeah, I know Camerupt isnt Immune to Ice, but it's kinda late here so I can get some things messed up ever so now and then. :P

electabuzz should go timid. try picking something over camerupt if possible. sure it's stats are good but the 4x water puts it in a fix. you don't need an excessive amount of quakers. 2x quake w/o camerupt, so you aren't in a bad predicament w/o it.

17th June 2004, 05:21 PM
What Poké should you suggest then? A Ghost type?

phaedrus
17th June 2004, 05:24 PM
What Poké should you suggest then? A Ghost type?

:yes: :094:/:006: :yes:

17th June 2004, 05:36 PM
If I choose for Charizard, I'll end up with another Earthquaker. :P

Charizard @ Leftovers Modest
Ability: Blaze
Attacks: Overheat, Earthquake, Rockslide, Swordsdance

And if I go with Gengar I'll get something like this:

Gengar @ Leftovers Modest
Ability: Levitate
Attacks: Psychic, Thunderbolt, Subtitute, Focus Punch
Purpose: Jack of all traits, Subtitute and Focus Punch works perfect for him on normal Pokémon if Electabuzz didn’t get the chance on doing this combo. If you guys suggest another set, tell me.

Although Flareon would also make a fine addition to my team..

Flareon @ Leftovers Adament
Attacks: Overheat, Shadowball, Bodyslam, ??
Purpose: HIGH ATTACK! :P

So which one would be more suited.. I lack a fire move, so I'm itching on going to Charizard or Flareon.

phaedrus
17th June 2004, 06:03 PM
Charizard @ Leftovers Modest
Ability: Blaze
Attacks: Overheat, Earthquake, Rockslide, Swordsdance

And if I go with Gengar I'll get something like this:

Gengar @ Leftovers Modest
Attacks: Psychic, Thunderbolt, Subtitute, Focus Punch
Purpose: Jack of all traits, Subtitute and Focus Punch works perfect for him on normal Pokémon if Electabuzz didn’t get the chance on doing this combo. If you guys suggest another set, tell me.

Although Flareon would also make a fine addition to my team..

Flareon @ Leftovers Adament
Attacks: Overheat, Shadowball, Bodyslam, ??
Purpose: HIGH ATTACK!

So which one would be more suited.. I lack a fire move, so I'm itching on going to Charizard or Flareon.

You don't necessarily need a fire attack to cover it's super-effectives. just note that. i'd pick gengar. but timid personality is better. willowisp/gigadrain>subsitute and hp~dark/destinybond>focuspunch.

or flareon. hp~fighting in the last spot, and return>bodyslam.

:094: preferred.

Music Dragon
18th June 2004, 03:31 AM
Um, I haven't checked out the new abilities for the old Pokemon, but does Flareon really have Levitate? Sounds weird, but...

Loupeitak
18th June 2004, 03:42 AM
not really. Just some typo probably.

18th June 2004, 04:09 AM
Sorry, typo! Copy and paste mistake I made, no it get's something called Inner Flame or sumthin'. :what:

phaedrus
18th June 2004, 12:47 PM
Sorry, typo! Copy and paste mistake I made, no it get's something called Inner Flame or sumthin'. :what:

Flash Fire-Flareon
Volt Absorb-Jolteon
Water Absorb-Vaporeon

=)