PDA

View Full Version : The RPG of No Return! =~= [Mature]

VirtualPlay
17th June 2004, 10:55 PM
Rated M for violence, probable swearing, and mild sexual innuendoes (please...no sex scenes)

~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~

You're just a happy board surfer. Today's no different from any other day, it seems. You check up on a couple polls in PCG, you read the latest flamewar in Misc, and most importantly you check out the new RPGs. Most of the new RPGs have been boring lately, and all of the ones you're in are moving rather slowly. You look in a couple, but nothing's new or interesting since you last checked.

But when you go back to the main forum page, you see what you've been looking for: a brand new RPG! The title reads "An Adventure for All Times ~ Do you dare join?" You don't recognize the poster (Chronomantique), but all the more reason for you to check it out, right? Eagerly you click the link. The topic comes up and you start to read:

Come away with me, to a whole new time
Through thoughts and words, through rhythm and rhyme.
Away to a place, thought up in your mind.
Pick a role, play your part, use all that you find.
Work together, work alone, do whatever you will,
But remember your quest lingers over you still.
Don't hesitate now, there's no need to be scared.
Adventure awaits, but are you really prepared?

You read through the rest of the plot (see below). It's basically a typical RPG. It seems kinda simple, kinda boring at first, but by the time you finish, something in your head tells you it's one of the best RPGs out there. It's followed by a sign-up form.

Happy that (you think) you've finally found an interesting RPG, you click the Reply button, copy over the sign-up form, and fill it out. With a great feeling of excitement and anticipation of a good RPG, you push the Submit button, silently praying you got "first post."

But the topic never loads. It remains stuck on the page that says "Thank you for submitting your post." Except it doesn't say that. When you look closer, you see that it's a different page altogether. It reads:

Are you sure you want to take part in this adventure?
Yes - No

Curious, you click yes, wondering what that was all about. The page changes again. This time it's solid black, with one sentence floating in the middle.

Thank you for becoming a part of this adventure.

No sooner have you read this than you hear a dark, evil laugh. It's not coming from your speakers, it seems to be all around around you. Suddenly the darkness spreads from the black page, until all you can see is the single, red sentence. Then it blinks out of view, and you with it.

You wake up, lying on a smooth floor. You slowly open your eyes and see that you're in a small, round, marble chamber, the only light coming from bright torches that line the circular wall.

You start to move to get up, and get quite a shock: You're not wearing the same clothes anymore. But that's nothing compared to the bigger shock: you're no longer yourself! Your body has changed, and it takes a while before you realize why it seems so familiar. Then it hits you: you've become the character you created for the RPG!

Other people around are noticing too. Their reactions are mixed, but they all look shocked in one way or another. Then the sound of someone clearing their throat makes you all turn. A small man, his face covered by a brown bowler hat too large for his head, wearing a matching brown suit and coat and holding a cane, is standing in front of the only apparent exit.

"Welcome," he says, his voice surprisingly deep and strong. "I am Chronomantique, and I thank you all for accepting this adventure..."

The rest of the sub-RPG plot:

----------

A hidden land. A deadly war. A small group of heroes. The largest adventure.

It is a time of ancient people, a time of magic. The kingdom of Talmina is currently under siege from the nearby kingdom of Patteron. For years before this war, Talmina and Patteron were on the friendliest of terms...that is until King Peiron of Patteron died while in Talmina. The story held by Talmina is that he slipped on a loose stone and fell out of a window while touring the castle. But the king's messengers, when they rode back to Patteron, claimed they had seen King Terria (of Talmina) push King Patteron out of the window.

Well this brought uproar into the Kingdom of Patteron. Without stopping to think, they charged into battle. It seemed as if they were looking for a reason to fight, for they were already prepared for combat. Many lives have been needlessly lost in the resulting war, the war that has been going on for almost twenty long years. While Talmina tries to reason with Patteron, they will not listen, leading most in Talmina to believe the truth: that Patteron has been infected with evil.

This is where you come in. A prophet, standing on Talmina's castle wall at the brink of the war yelled out, "You will fight, Patteron, without knowing why, and only after a score will the end-bringers come!" Unfortunately, before the prophet could proclaim any more, or explain what he meant, an arrow claimed his life as the first casualty of the war. But the prophecy is to come true. You have been called, summoned from the distant land of Mandedor. You must travel through the lands, getting stronger than not only men, but armies of men. You will learn magic, you will gain inhuman strength, and you will defeat the evil behind the battlers of Patteron.

Or the world shall surely end.

----------

Classes:

Warrior — These men and women focus on their physical strength, and pay little attention to their magical capabilities. Their attacks are short-range, yet they are also agile and able to avoid attacks more easily than most.
Warriors are muscular, often with bulging muscles even when they don't flex. They are usually of average height. They are the strongest of the three classes.
Warriors are usually wearing lots of armor, as well as some way to hold their weapon when they are not using it.

Mage — The opposite of the warrior, these men and women focus mainly on their magical abilities. The stronger magic users are able to summon great beasts or large natural phenomenon. They are also able to be healers; it is rumored that the strongest healing mages have the power to revive the dead, but this has never been witnessed.
Mages are usually frail, physically. They're the smallest of the classes, and they (usually) aren't ashamed of it.
Mages wear robes, usually of a thick cloth material. Most experienced mages wear magic-increasing jewelry. They carry around their weapon as a walking stick.

Archer — Precision and power from a distance are what these men and women are about. Using arrows, they attack from afar, staying in safety. They are also nimble, able to dodge practically any projectile. They may choose to learn magic, but it is magic that is usually focused on enchanting either their arrows or themselves.
Archers are not especially strong, but they are very good at stringing a bow quickly and firing it more quickly. They are nimble, being the most agile of the three classes.
Archers wear light, yet strong, clothing so they are not hindered in movement. Their bows are worn around their torsos and their quiver on their back. Most Archers learn the spell to regenerate arrows early on.

--------||||--------

My form:
Personality: Mike is a typical 'nice guy.' He makes friends easily, keeps them easily, and wouldn't turn his back on them unless they hurt him. He's smart, witty, sarcastic at times, but never straight-out mean. He doesn't start fights, tries to avoid ones others start, and tries talking his way out of the ones he gets into.
-- -- RPG FORM START -- --
Name: Merenwen Demithon
Class: Mage
Bodily Appearance: Taller than average for a mage, around 5'10". Skinny body shape, with what seems like not enough muscle to go around, and a pale skin tone that makes her look even creepier. Her eyes are ice blue, and her hair, which falls a few inches past her shoulders when loose, is a whitish blond, adding to her pale appearance. She has a scar halfway across the middle of her right cheek, the remnant of an old duel. She also tends to keep her hair up in two ponytails at the top of her head, each tie covered with a pale red sphere about three inches in diameter.
Clothing Appearance: Merenwen does not wear full-body robes, as is typical of most mages. For a bottom: she wears a loose, soft cloth skirt that barely reaches her knees; it is blood-red in color, with large (3-inch tall), skinny white runes sewn at the bottom hem that say her name in Runic. For a top: she wears a similarly loose, long-sleeve, hooded tunic of the same cloth (she rarely wears the hood up); it is the same color as the skirt, and has the same runes around the bottom hem, which barely reaches her waist; underneath she has a white, skin-tight, sleeveless top which fits her snugly and reaches about two inches below her breasts. For footwear: she wears soft leather boots, a reddish-brown in color, that cover her feet and have straps that wrap around her legs, up to a couple inches below her knees. She wears magically-bound, thin, gold bracelets on her arms (they can only come off when she wants to take them off), as well as a small gold ring set with a flat ruby on her left ring finger.
Weapon: Merenwen has a rod, five feet in length. It is a hard ebony shaft, black, about one and a half inches thick, with a silvery-metal base (the bottom six inches) and a three-inch diameter red sphere (that matches the ones on her ponytails) at the top.
-- -- RPG FORM FINISH -- --
Changed Personality: Mike is a lot quieter now, mostly owing to his body change. In Merenwen's body, he's subdued, often seen brooding. He's no longer good at making friends, not that he doesn't try. He snaps back when he thinks he's been insulted, and sometimes lets his anger rise without meaning to.
Other: *smacks other around a bit with a large trout*

----------

Mike
~~~~~~~~
"Yeeeaaaauuuuggghh..." I let out a huge yawn as I walked from my bed to my computer. The backs of my calfs were still sore, and I silently told myself that I would be limiting my DDR playage from now on. I didn't need to wake up with sore calfs every morning.

Still wiping the sleep from my eyes, I woke up my computer and brought my browser to the front. I refreshed the tabs that had RPG, ASB, and PCG, then started looking through them, beginning with PCG. "No interesting polls...boring games...blah, why do I bother with this place anymore?" I said to nobody in particular. ASB wasn't any better. All my battles were still waiting on someone else.

I switched to RPG. "Oh goodie, new posts," I said, clicking the link. I read through it, but was disappointed to see that nobody had included my character. I clicked back to the main forum.

"Ooh, new RPG," I said aloud (yes, I talk to myself). "Hm, never seen that guy around," I added, looking at the poster, Chronomantique. I clicked and started reading. It started out seeming boring, but somewhere, about halfway through, something clicked in my mind...something told me this was good.

Quickly, I mentally scanned the RPGs I was in. I currently had 5 male characters and 2 female characters, As this was an RPG that was pretty free, and as nobody else had signed up for me to even out the genders, I decided to balance it out and make a female character. (OOC: Yes, this is really how I decide which gender my character will be.)

I got the sign-up typed up in my text editor, then copied it over and posted it. I stretched again, especially my legs. They were still killing me. When I looked back at the screen it was still on that page that thanks you for posting. Except...as I looked closer, it didn't say that. It said:

Yes - No

Curious, I clicked yes. A different page came up. It was black except for one sentence:

Immediately I heard a loud laugh...an evil-sounding laugh. Quickly I hit the mute button on my keyboard, but although the bezel said the volume was off, the laugh continued. Suddenly the black page filled the screen, even though I hadn't maximized it. But it didn't stop there. The black surrounded me, and it wasn't long before it was all dark except for that one, burning red sentence. The laugh still ringing, I suddenly couldn't feel the chair I was sitting on...it felt like I was floating.

Then the sentence blanked out...and I couldn't feel anything else.

========||||========

Merenwen
~~~~~~~~
I regained consciousness quite suddenly. I was on the ground, except it wasn't the soft and rugged carpet of my room. It was smooth, like tile or wood. I still couldn't feel my body except for where I was lying on the floor, but I could open my eyes.

I was looking at a rounded, mixed-color stone (I think it was marble) wall, which met with a similar floor and ceiling, which seemed to only be about 7 feet above me. As I gained more feeling in my limbs, I could tell something was wrong with my clothes. I was wearing long sleeves, not the short sleeves of the shirt I had slept in. And it felt like my legs were touching each other all the way up to my...

My train of thought was broken because at that moment I had gained the feeling in my torso...and felt something that definitely should not have been there. Slowly, I tilted my head down. I saw a red cloth covering my torso...and a definite bulge in the fabric. I couldn't hold it in.

I screamed.

I screamed like the girl I had become. And dang, was it shrill. After about 10 seconds I couldn't stand even the sound of my own scream, so I stopped an instead tried getting up.

It wasn't until this time that I realized there were other people. I looked around at them all, and they all stared at me back, some already standing, some still lying down. Well, all except for another girl who was wearing a blue tunic and black pants...her position seemed to indicate her predicament was the same as mine, though I wasn't sure. Eventually, the lying down ones turned to themselves again.

I looked down at myself. I was wearing a red cloak-like top, and a matching skirt. That explained why my legs were touching each other. I could feel that I had underwear on, and it didn't feel like a thong (not that I'd know, but I was guessing based on what thongs looked like). Still, I didn't have what I was used to having underneath it. That and having no pants made me feel kinda naked.

Then something clicked. Yes, these clothes were familiar...I had thought them up myself. They were in that RPG post. Which meant—I reached a hand up to my hair—yes, long, and in two ponytails with a ball to cover the ties. Which also meant...

I looked around where I had been on the ground and saw the rod there, exactly as I had imagined it when I typed up the description. I bent down to pick it up, but that was a mistake. Completely unbalanced because of my new body shape, I teetered and fell.

"Ouch, dammit," I muttered. Just as suddenly, I clapped a hand to my mouth, not because I was shocked at my voice, but because of what I had said. Everyone who knew me knew I had the cleanest mouth around, and yet I let this slip as if it were nothing. Yeah, I know, silly of me to get worked up over something like this, except I was really freaked out by how easily I had said it.

Fortunately, nobody else payed me any mind. I could hear them talking too, but I wasn't about to go join in their conversation. Instead I stood up, using my rod to help, and looked around for an exit, which nobody else had seemed to bother doing.

I found it easily enough, but in front of it stood a little man...at least, I guessed that's what it was. It was a humanoid figure, about 4 feet tall, with a long brown suit and coat, and a matching bowler hat that was too large for him, as it covered his whole face.

He gave a short "ahem" and everyone turned to look at him. "Welcome," he said, and his voice wasn't tiny, but deep and strong as if he were really 6'6" with bulging muscles. "I am Chronomantique, and I thank you all for accepting this adventure."

At the name Chronomantique, most of us did a double take. A tall guy, a mage I'd assume, wearing a long black, blue, and yellow robe, said, "Wait, you're the guy that posted that topic!" The look of recognition on everyone's face told me that, yes, everyone had to have been from the real world and on that forum.

"A topic? Is that what you call them?" He turned his head towards the towering mage. "But yes, Wulf, I did send the message to you all. When this portal spell was invented, I knew it had to be used to fulfill that prophecy." It took me a second to remember that detail from the topic.

"B-but why us?" a brown-robed archer asked. I could tell he was an archer because of the longbow he had.

The man seemed to hesitate. "There was no choice in who was picked, Arkon. All the details of the spell are still in that mage's head. Oh, and apologies for the evil laugh. The mage who created the spell has gone...insane, as you would say. A genius, but insane."

"But why did it have to change us?" I started, angrily. The man gave off a puzzled air. The girl who hadn't looked at me earlier piped up now and confirmed my earlier suspicions, "Yeah! I'm a girl now, but I used to be a guy! What's going on?" I could see a couple people edge away from her and decided it was best for my relations not to reveal the same information.

The man seemed perplexed. He looked at the female archer, "But why did you not describe yourself, Arya? Don't you normally do that?" Most of us shook our heads or gave other disagreeing motions. "Well...well, I really wasn't expecting this. But you are unharmed?"

I spoke up, and I could feel my anger rising. "Unharmed, maybe, but we definitely were not prepared for a full fu-" I stopped myself for a split-second, "-freakin' body makeover." Most of the others muttered agreements.

"Well, I am sure that the reverse portal spell will return you to normal, Merenwen," the man said, and I vaguely remembered putting that down as my character's name, "but I have already sealed the spell away until the evil has been vanquished, so there's no good in trying to force it out of me. Now come, we must go to the King. I told him I'd bring you to him."

As he led us out of the small circular room, I was desperately trying to calm myself down. Everything seemed to be going wrong. In fact, the only thing that felt good was that my legs weren't hurting anymore.
~~~~~~~~
Yes yes, quite long, and I controlled you all too much, I think, but oh well.

Oh, and Opaque has said that he will not be able to post until the 26th, but he has already made post arrangements (if I understood correctly).

Gothic Animé
18th June 2004, 12:01 AM
here i am!

personality: eric is kind of a happy-go-lucky guy. he's smart, but not a genius, and is extremely modest. he makes many friends, and is liked by most people. he avoids fights, but rarely ever needs to. he's nice to everyone including his enemies, but he's a bit impatient and can get annoying. he can also get depressed kind of easily.
-- -- --RPG Form Start-- -- --
name: meji naaru メジ
class: mage
bodily appearance: meji appears as somewhat puny. only 5'3'' and 105 lbs, he's skinny and short. he never really cared much about it, though. he has large, bright green eyes that seem to look into people's souls. his hair is shoulder-length and dirty blonde, giving him a somewhat earthy look. he has a small nose, and very refined features. usually he has a serious look on his face, but when he smiles it reveals dazzling white, perfectly aligned teeth. he has an extreme awareness of his hygiene, to a point which is somewhat obsessive.
clothing appearance: meji wears long, silk robes. they are faded green, though faded on purpose. they also add to his earthy look. the sleeves go past his hands and are extremely baggy, and the hem reaches well past his feet. despite the length, meji doesn't trip over it, and handles his staff with surprising dexterity. he usually wears the hood up, though not covering his eyes. to keep the robe closed there is a dark green belt that ties around his waist. he wears straw sandals, though they are not visible. he wears nothing under his robes besides his undergarments. but inside the robe is a pocket in which he can keep magical substances.
weapons: his weapon is a mahogany rod with a little hollow on the top. in this hollow rests an emerald of high quality. this emerald is said to enhance the power of his earth-based magic. it is about 2'0'' in length, and the end opposite the emerald is encased in thin gold, for about 5''.
-- -- --RPG Form Finish-- -- --
changed personality: his personality did not change much besides the fact that he doesn't really talk to people. since he doesn't know these people he has become reserved, though still kind. he is obviously less annoying since he doesn't talk as much, and his intelligence has suffered nothing, so he is still as smart as he was. though still modest.
other: *walks away from other*

»eric«

sighing, i stretched out my legs, sitting at my computer desk. i looked over at the digital clock sitting on top of my high-tech dell computer. 10:00, it read. pm, that was. i had been online since 5:00, and my legs were so cramped it hurt to stretch them. so far today, i had only been talking to people via online chat. nothing new had been at the forums for hours.

i decided to go for one last round through the regular places, PCG, FanArt, and RPG, that is, before i hit the hay. i didn't figure there would be anything new. first FanArt. a few new posts in the ORT, but other than that, nothing at all. i yawned, and went on to PCG. ah, mike had replied to a few polls. i checked them out, replied, and off i went to rpg. when i got there, i was surprised.

a few new posts, and a new sign-up topic. what? before checking on the posts, which weren't that important anyway, i decided to check out the new RPG, posted by....Chronomantique? never saw them post before. ah well. i clicked the link, and read through the plot. seemed average, but then again, something about it was very interesting. i decided i might as well sign up. looked like no one else had. odd, seeing as how i had figured mike would have gotten to it already. but then again, maybe it wasn't his type of RPG. clicking 'post reply,' i pasted the sign-up form and began to fill it in...

when i was finally done, and it was 10:45 by this time because i was currently in a few other RPG's and my creative character skills were low, i clicked 'send reply.' yawning again, i took a swig of some cherry coke i had sitting by the computer. glancing at the screen, i saw not the regular confirmation screen, but when i read it there was something different on the screen.

are you sure you want to take part in this adventure?
yes - no

hrm. well, i clicked yes, wondering what this was all about. some major wierd html or something, but i was really interested now. wondering what would come next, and half-expecting it to just put my post there and i'd shut off the computer, waited. then, the next screen came into view.

thank you for becoming a part of this adventure.

this screen was completely black. no sooner had it come up than i heard an odd, yet eerie, laugh, coming from somewhere i couldn't detect. shouting to my parents, who were in the next room, i yelled 'would you please turn that down? it's way too loud!' but they didn't respond. and on the contrary, the laugh got louder. i turned around to go to my parents room, thinking they might not have heard me. but when i turned, the room was engulfed in blackness. shaking in fear, i yelled, but couldn't hear myself. i felt everything slip away, and the next minute...

»meji メジ«

i woke up, shaking my head. wow, what an odd dream, i thought to myself. opening my eyes, i looked around, and realized that what had just happened was no dream.

i stared down at myself. i was changed completely. instead of being my tan, chubby self, i was wearing pale green robes, and my build was quite different. different in a good way. i had become taller, and thinner. and yet, i felt an odd sense of deja-vous. staring at my clothes, myself, and the weapon that lay beside me, it suddenly all came together.

i was in the RPG!

it was way too odd to believe, and yet what other explanation? standing quickly, only to feel a sharp pain in my leg, i looked around myself. an odd, almost medievil looking room. and as i stood up, i saw others, some dressed like myself, yet all i could tell from the rpg, were getting up as well. i glanced around, hoping i could find out who these people were. i mean, they were from the same forums. or so i hoped...

i walked around, trying out this new body, but it was awkward. i wasn't used to being this height, or this thin, but at least i was the same sex. i wasn't sure about some others though. as i was testing my new, yet somewhat familiar body, i heard an ear-piercing scream come from the girl that was having obvious trouble standing up. after a minute or so, she stopped, and a man from the other end of the room, or room-of-sorts, cleared his throat. introducing himself as Chronomantique. wow, a familiar name. he went through his shpeel, with various protests from the others and murmurs of agreement from myself and the rest. when he was through, he led us out of the room. i walked up close to the girl who had screamed, introduced myself, or my game self that is, and headed through the door, uncertain and confused. this was definitely the wierdest experience of my life...o.O

Krystalline Kabutops
18th June 2004, 08:08 AM
Actually, I'm leaving ar 10:30 Mountain time today, so I may actually get to squeeze in an introductory post or two! ^^

Personality: Usually he's quiet around strangers, but a clown around friends. He is very lazy, but he means well. He has very firm ideas of good and evil, and likes to debate. Depending on his mood, he may be totally withdrawn and hostile, or he'll give you a Gollum impression.
Name: Arya
Class: Archer
Bodily Appearance: About 5'5, long auburn hair that runs down to the middle of her back. Her skin is somewhat sunburnt in appearence, and her eyes are grey/green. She has the imprint of a large, jagged tooth on her left hip. Her ears are pointed.
Clothing Appearance: She wears loose black trousers that are a little too long, causing her to trip frequently. She has a light blue tunic that is just a little snug, and she wears a deep red bandana to keep her hair out of her eyes. Her shoes are mad of goatskin and come up to her knees. They are green in color, and have bits of metal woven into them to serve as lightweight armor. Around her neck is a small conch shell. She uses it to imitate bird calls, change her voice, and most anything else regardng sound.
Weapon: She has a long, white bow stronger than tempered steel. At each end is a blade for close combat. Her arrows are very long and thin, tipped with some great beast's teeth. Their flights are black raven feathers, contrasting strongly with the white wood that the arrows themselves are made of.
Changed Personality: Foster tends to try and focus on the positive more now, and seems happy most of the time. However, when negative emotions do break through, the results are catostrophic. He may curl up in a ball on the ground, hoping to die. He's afraid of all the new, female emotions he's capable of feeling, and if they're of a romantic nature, he tries to suppress them. He's ticked at having to find a new center of gravity because of his new "assets", but he gets used to them. (It's a slow process, though.
Other: Even with his new, female voice, he can still imitate Gollum perfectly. (WITHOUT using the shell around his neck)

Foster

At the sound of an especially loud cricket chrip, I shot up in my bed, banging my head against the ceiling. Muttering curses on the fact that I had insisted on getting a loft for my birthday, I climbed down the ladder and peered into the first terrarium. The four lizards dwelling therein had apparently just finished the last of the crickets. Sighing, I dumped some more in out of the small cricket cage. Going over to the next cage, I smiled, seeing that my lizard was wide awake and looking at me. He still had plenty of crickets, so grabbing a gumball off of my desk, I walked downstairs into my mom's computer lab. Looking at my watch, it was no wonder that there was no one around. It was 2:17 AM! Still half-asleep, I logged on to my favorite Message Board. Checking in Miscellaneous, the debate over World Hunger was still raging. Sighing, I clicked on the RPG Forum. (Yes, those are the only two forums I brwse :P) All the current RPGs I was in had no new activity. Guess that's what you get for getting up this early. But there was ONE new RPG..... Posted by some new guy, Chronomantique. After reading it through, there wasn't really anything about it that I could say really stood out to me. It just.... felt like it would be good. I started creating my char. "Archer girls are always hot," I murmured to myself, typing up her characteristics. In a few minutes, the reply button had been pressed, and I waited for the page to load. Only, it didn't. A small window appeared, saying:

Yes - No

Wow, this guy must be a genius or something! Figuring out how to make a new page load! I clicked yes, eager to see the next window.

Suddenly, an evil laugh reverberated around the room. Why didn't somebody come running? Couldn't anyone else in the house hear it?! I looked to the computer, but it had gone black. Everything was........ black.......

Arya

Moaning, I opened my eyes. Weird.... I was in some kind of marble, circular room.... What the heck had happened?! Suddenly, I realized something. I was missing something between my legs..... Looking down at my chest, my eyes opened to the size of plates. Those DEFINATELY didn't belong there! Looking down at the rest of myself, I saw that I was wearing black trousers and a blue tunic, with knee-length green boots. I could feel something around my waist, and where my legs met. I gasped. Wasn't this embarrassing enough without adding GIRL'S UNDERWEAR to the mix?! Trying to take my mind off of it, I got a weird feeling that this all was familiar. Clutching at my aching head, I felt long hair, with a bandana on top. Coming to a sudden realization, I felt around my neck. There it was, the Conch shell. I had become my RPG character! Over to my right, I noticed a bow and a quiverful of arrows. I stood up to walk over to them, but foound out that this wasn't the wisest of decisions. I toppled over, onto my chest. "F***!" I muttered, surprised by how much it hurt. Being very careful this time, I stood up again, balancing myself as carefully as possible. Walking slowly over to the bow and quiver, I tried to think of what girls at my school looked like when bending over to get things. Rembering, I stuck my backside out a fair distance and lowered my upper body. Afraid that I might fall over at any time, I grabbed the bow and quiver, strapping both onto my body.

Suddenly, someone near the front of the room "ahem"ed. Turning, I saw a short man, wearing a suit and a bowler. "Welcome," He said, in a voice that belied his short stature. "I am Chronomantique, and thank you all for accepting this adventure." I blinked. Wasn't he the guy who had posted that topic? Someone called out to confirm my suspicion. "Wait, you're the guy that posted that topic!" Yelled out a tall mage. "A topic? Is that what you call them?" Replied the small man. "But yes, Wulf, I did send the message to you all. When this portal spell was invented, I knew it had to be used to fulfill that prophecy." I suddenly remembered the plot of the RPG. "B-but why us?" asked a robed archer. The small man took a few seconds before replying.
"There was no choice in who was picked, Arkon. All the details of the spell are still in that mage's head. Oh, and apologies for the evil laugh. The mage who created the spell has gone...insane, as you would say. A genius, but insane." A girl on the far side of the room, a mage, judging by her staff, called out, "But why did it have to change us?" I decided it was time for me to say something. "Yeah! I'm a girl now, but I used to be a guy! What's going on?" I was too focused on the man in the suit to notice the people staring at me and backing away. He looked at me, seemingly confused. "But why did you not describe yourself, Arya? Don't you normally do that?" I shook my head furiously. He watched as most of the others did the same. "Well...well, I really wasn't expecting this. But you are unharmed?" The female mage called out again, "Unharmed, maybe, but we definitely were not prepared for a full fu- freakin' body makeover." If only she knew the extent of it. The small man replied to her, "Well, I am sure that the reverse portal spell will return you to normal, Merenwen, but I have already sealed the spell away until the evil has been vanquished, so there's no good in trying to force it out of me. Now come, we must go to the King. I told him I'd bring you to him." He started walking out of the small room, and we all followed after him. As I walked along, I wondered if anyone else was in the same predicament that I was? I would make it a priority to ask around. Especially with the Mage girl who had screamed.... even if she wasn't stuck in the same paradox as I was, she might at least have some pointers.

OOC: That'll probably be the last post of mine until the 26th, unless someone interacts with my char before 10:30 today, or I find a computer in Santa Fe during the next 2 days.

Bear
18th June 2004, 09:05 AM
Also, VP, I must tell you that I am going out of town tomorrow (Saturday), and will be gone until the following Sunday. I will not be able to post from where I am, unfortunately. I give permission for everyone to use my character as an NPC if they like, but just to keep the plot flowing. Also, if you do include my character, make sure it's detailed enough that I can follow what's going on, so I don't get back from North Carolina and go "erm, wherdafugawe?" Sorry about this :). I will make an introductory post however, just to insert my character, and explain a couple things about him.

Personality: Extremely mellow and laid back, not alot gets to me. Rather than instigate, I prefer to break up fights and arguments, as I see them pointless and a waste of time. I'm very friendly and easy to get along with, but I do have my stubborn side when arguing about something I'm passionate about. Athletic, I love sports.
Name: Wulf Agarias (nicknamed "Windvain")
Bodily Appearance: Quite tall (6'1") and lean frame, toughened from battle and age, but still frail compared to the warrior. His skin is of average complexion, although you never see anything but his face. His hair is a solid silver colour, long and flowing to his shoulders. His eyes are green to hazel.
Clothing Appearance: Wulf wears a long, draping robe, broadened at the shoulders, and extending to his feet. It is mostly blue, with a thick black stripe running down the center, from his upper chest to the hem at the bottom. There is a similar black stripe on his back, and both are lined with a thin white margin. The sleeves are yellow, and his shoes are black.
Weapon: His weapon is called a Staff of Chi, forged at the peak of his studies of Geomancy. The staff is a tall, blue rod, with a large, green and blue sphere on the top (can be seen in the small square picture on this (http://users.nexustk.com/userfiles/wulf.html) page).
Changed Personality: Wulf is a bit more quiet and reserved than I am, not nearly as extroverted. He possesses both savvy and wisdom, and usually doesn't speak extensively unless he knows what he's talking about. He is friendly though, and an excellent confidant for those with things on their conscience. He is kind and sensitive. Other than the first two sentences, he is alot like I am :).
Other: Maybe I'll INVENT cheesecake in this RPG...

`,`,`,`,`,`,`,`,`,`,`,`,`,`,`,`,`,`,`,`,`,`,`,`,`, `

James
~~~~

"mrf...smack...mmmmhuh?" I opened my eyes to find another pair staring at me, about half a centimeter away.
"AAAAHHHHH!" I shouted, sitting up with a jolt. My cat leapt off the bed and took off out of my room and down the hall.
"Dammit Natasha, you scared the crap out of me!"
I swung my feet around to the floor, slid them into my slippers, and stood up. I navigated the treacherous path from my bed to the door as nimbly as I could, trying not to trip over the debris that was strewn about. I walked to the kitchen, poured myself a bowl of cereal, ate it briskly, then walked back toward my room. Instead of turning left to go back in, I turned right and entered the room where the computer was. I plopped down in the chair, turned the monitor on, and opened up Internet Explorer. I navigated to the RPG forum of TPM, a place I had only just recently returned to. Nothing really jumped out at me, but for some reason this RPG by Chronomantique caught my eye. I didn't recognize his name, so I assumed he was new from the past months I had been gone. I clicked the link, and began to read. It seemed interesting enough. Familiar, yet original in its own right. I decided "what the hell, sign me up!" ((OOC: 10 points to the person who can identify that quote))
After devising my character, I set about clicking the "submit reply" button. However, I found there wasn't one, for some strange reason. The only thing I saw was this cryptic message, and a prompt:

Yes No

This seemed odd to me. I figured it was just some fancy doo-hickey the creator had planted to make the RPG more enticing. I clicked the Yes button, and my screen suddenly faded to black. All that was left was another cryptic sentence:

I thought "wow, this guy put some nifty stuff in here!" Then everything went immediately dark, as I went unconscious on my keyboard.

Wulf
~~~

I felt my body return to consciousness, and immediately started wondering what happened. I squinted my eyes open, and glanced around. I was on my back, and the room did not look familiar. It appeared to be stone, marble possibly, with a very simple layout. I saw oddly dressed people, some lying down, some standing up, all glancing around in the same way I was. I tried to bend my knees and plant my feet so I could push myself up, but my legs felt restricted for some reason. I looked down to find they were covered by a solid drape, the end of a long robe. I noticed I had long sleeves on as well.
"Damn, this outfit looks famil-- !!!" I stopped in the middle of my sentence as I realized this was the clothing I had described on my character for the RPG! Sure enough, my hair had grown considerably longer, and had turned a silver colour. As I regained my wits, and realized what was going on, I looked over to my right. As I suspected, a tall Staff of Chi was lying there. I grabbed it, and used it to help myself to my feet. I looked around again, noticing that most of the other people were also on their feet now. A couple of them, the females, were examining their bodies much more closely, as if they had never seen them before....As for myself, I felt much older, and a little more frail than usual. I mean, I know I feel all whacked out when I first wake up in the morning, but this was different somehow. My body appeared to be close to the same height, my frame was just somewhat less muscular. I passed it off as I remembered what was going on. This was how I designed my character. Before I could say anything, I heard a deep voice clear his throat.
"Ahem."
Instantly, everyone in the room turned and looked at the short, brown suited man that was standing in the doorway. His bowler hat completely covered his face (it was a bit too large for him). He spoke again.
"I am Chronomantique. Thank you all for accepting the adventure."
Aha! I knew it! Chronomantique was the guy who had started that topic. Nobody else spoke up, so I decided to confirm it myself.
"Wait, you're the guy that posted that topic!" I said aloud.
"Topic? Oh, is that what you call them? You must be referring to the message I sent you all, asking you to partake in this adventure." He replied. Everyone appeared to understand now. A couple other people asked questions. Like me, he addressed them all by their characters' names. He then asked us to follow him, as he was taking us to the King. The people filed out of the room, following the short man. Like a true gentleman, I waited until last to leave, then followed them out of the building.

Like OO, that's probably going to be my last post until next Sunday the 27th, unless I get another chance later today. However, if I haven't posted again by tomorrow at noon EST, I'm not going to ;). Til we meet again, y'all!

VirtualPlay
18th June 2004, 04:44 PM
Ah, heck, I can't wait...

Merenwen
~~~~~~~~
Hoo-boy. This was definitely new. I needed to use the rod as a cane until I got used to the huge boobs I now had. We walked through the torch-lit hallway, which grew steadily more rockier. Before we had even started down, though, one of the other mages had started talking to me.

"Hi, I'm...Meji," he had said, holding out his hand. Figuring we were in the game anyway, and figuring it might tip people off if I said my real name, I shook his hand and simply said, "Merenwen." We had followed the man out through the passage, but he seemed to have nothing else to say, so he just walked next to me.

After we had been walking for a while, the girl who said she had been a guy came up to us. "Hi," she said, "are either of you in the same predicament as me?" We just looked at her. "You know," she continued, "not the same gender you were."

"No," I lied hastily, making myself sound insulted, though I didn't believe myself. Meji also said, "No," but I had a feeling he was telling the truth.

The girl-once-guy looked kinda disappointed. "Well, I guess my name's Arya, then," she said. Meji and I introduced ourselves as well. Then Arya looked at me. "Well, since you're really a girl, can you help me get used to being one? Nobody else seems to want to talk to me..."

I immediately started having second thoughts about lying, but as I didn't yet trust Arya to keep my secret, and as there were other people around to hear, I didn't dare say anything. "Well, I guess I could try, but-" I started to say, but Arya cut me off.

"Oh thankyouthankyouthankyou!" she squealed, jumping up and down. Unfortunately, she lost her balance and...

"AGH!" *THWUMP* "$h¡†!"

Sighing, I reached down and helped her up, making sure not to fall down myself. I could already tell we were in for a long adventure.

Eventually, the tunnel opened up, and sunlight poured down on us all. We were on a high cliff, looking over a large town with a huge castle. "This," Chronomantique said, "is the Kingdom of Mandedor. All of the shopkeepers and innkeepers here know you by sight and name, and only in this town will you be able to stock up and rest without paying. But first," he added, walking down a wall hugging the mountain we had walked out of, "we go to see the king."
~~~~~~~~
Nobody get farther than the front of the castle, and a lot of people will "recognize" you.

Bulbasaur4
18th June 2004, 11:58 PM
YAAAY! IT STARTS IT STARTS!!
*leaps into the topic*
*misses and falls*
*gets up and leaps into the topic again*

Personality: Generally pretty outgoing when in confrontation with others, but likes to be alone at times as well (needs a proper balance) Very indecisive and unconfrontational- or in other words, hates making others unhappy. Very prone to feeling guilty, but cheerful and friendly to others with out getting into bold fights or anything.

Name: Ka Tanrei (Means "Beautiful Grace" in Japanese... ^^; )
Bodily Appearance: She stands about 5'6, so she has a average height for a girl. Her body type is toned but not overly muscular like the warrior class (not nearly so) and she's slim and has an overall appeal of grace. Her complexion is not overly tan, but a medium hue of a light golden-like tan that you get from regular sun in the summer. Her eyes are a piercing blue, with light color towards the middle of her outer color ring but around the outside is a darker, more prominant color of dark, frosty blue. They're a bit moody and can shift slightly to different hues. Her hair color is a mixture of a deep, auburn/red/brown color that can remind some one of Red Hawk's feathers. Her hair length reach down to about her shoulders, and frames her face in thick slightly wavy layers as well but she some times ties her hair back.
Clothing Appearance: She wears light clothing of course, to help her Archer abilities. Upon her upper body she wears a light shirt of white, that is just a basic underneath layer that is almost like a tank top... but let's say it's a tad bit sleaker, almost like silk? Over that, she wears a long sleeved, deep forest green jacket-like shirt over her top, which is soft to the touch in texture. It fastens together with small, silver ringlets in two places at the top. However the shirt hangs down slightly past her hips. Over that jacket-like shirt, around her waist is a small leather belt, which has a deeply embroidered silver buckle of a bird with wings. Attached to the belt is a small pouch for holding things. Around her legs are a rather light, easily-shifty skirt that is a chesnut brown in color, and has a slight slit in it. It easily exposes her upper legs when she runs, but underneath the skirt she wears a tight, white-like layer of shorts which hug her extreme upper legs easily but allow her to move swiftly. She prefurs not to wear anything on her feet when she doesn't need to, (like in a forest, grass, even on an even paved road) but if she needs too she has small-cut leather boots which are made out of the same leather as her belt. Each boot is fastened by a silver buckle with matching bird embroidered markings.
Weapon: She has a beautiful bow made out of Wind Willow Wood (mwha..) which is said to be the most flexible and magical wood known. (however it is extremely rare and expensive... ^^) The color of her bow is a light almost silvery-flecked light inner wood color. The string in the bow is silver in color, which makes it sorta odd. Her quiver is made out of a light leather, but has strange silvery markings that must have been painted on them. Each one of her arrows are made by herself, from her own selected rocks/metals and wood which she fastens them. Each arrow has a feather attached to them... (explained below how.)
Changed Personality: More mysterious? Kalah is a bit reserved, although she isn't shy but rather some times keeps her thoughts and feelings to self. She has a strange look in her eye that makes her look and talk in a way that makes her seem almost ethereal or have that aura of mystery.
Other: Ka has a pet!! Or rather a bird that she saved... a pretty bird called "Kimnoa" which is a bird that resembles the look of the magestic pheonix. (but it's definately not that bird). However the color of it's feathers are a deep, navy blue towards the top but as the bird's feathers shift towards it's under belly they turn to light blue and eventually white. Makes the bird's feathers very pretty if they fall off half way inbetween. The tail feathers resemble a tail slightly like a pheonix, or perhaps more known, a peacock except not as many feathers and lighter- almost like ribbons with a little light blue eye marking at the end. It's eyes are silver.. and the bird holds no power except it's rumored to bring luck.

Kalah AKA Bulbasaur4

"Must... drink... gatorade..." I said softly, pretending to be struggling in the living room carpet in front of my mother as if I were in a desert. She rolled her eyes at me, obviously indulging herself in the latest show of Trading Spaces on the TV. I finally had to unleash a greater weapon in order to pull my mother to the dark side.... the dreaded puppy face. Closing my eyes, soon I had formed the perfect puppy face, and I unleashed it at my mother.
"Pllleeease will you run to the store and get gatorade and some dinner??" My mother rolled her eyes...
" But you have a car, I'll give you money and you buy it." She had a good counter arguement... b ut I was ready with more ammo.
" But I'm all sweaty and my hair's frizzled from the basketball game. I'm sooo tired... " Acting pays off, along with a bit of exaggeration when talking to parents.
My mother sighed, finally caving in as she reached for the keys, "Well I'll be a little bit, I have to stop at Target anyway so I'm going to Hutch."
I nodded, watching her (still laying upon the floor as if in agony) as she walked away. An instant grin formed upon my face as soon as I heard the car pull out of the drive way as I leapt to my feet.
" Showwerrrrr..." I practically drooled.

Soon, I was robe-i-fied and my wet hair drizzled along my shoulders as I stared at the computer screen. I had to quick check a few things before people came and demanded more things of me... so I had to do it now. As soon as the internet connected, it suddenly disconnected when a phone call announced itself. I cursed slightly,g rabbing the phone with out patience to find a telemarketer loved to see if I'd like a new phone plan. Growling, I said no and hung up. Finally, I was reconnected and soon went to the forums. Like always, I checked Misc first... then PCG, maybe FC if anything was interesting... and then like always, I saved the best for last. RPG. As soon as I came to it, instantly I saw a topic that caught my attention.

Chronomantique

For some reason, a trickle of rememberance seemed to attack at my head, but I discarded it as some deja vu thing. He obviously was new.. .never posted before. I silently prayed that it wasn't a spam... or perhaps an ill formed RPG. But as I clicked on it... some how I knew it wasn't. As soon as it formed in front of me, I read through it... a basic Fantasy RPG.

But I was an EXTREME sucker for Fantasy RPgs... and this one seemed extremely interesting, with out any apparent reason. A character formed in my mind, and I quickly typed up the profile with out any hesitation. And then... as soon as I submitted, I was perturbed to see...

Yes - No

I blinked, wondering if that was a new added feature to RPG forums that no one told me about... so I clicked yes naturally... for curiosity was always a main priority! Then some thing strange followed...

Thank you for becoming a part of this adventure

The screen suddenly turned black, and covered up my entire screen. I felt a twinge of fear, thinking, 'great... I finally got a virus on my computer... after all these years....' and then an evil, tensing manical voice that some how surrounded my non-stereo sound computer made me fill with more worry.
" That's a bad virus..." I thought...

Ka Tenrei

Everything was blurry... and soon I opened my eyes to blink and see a massive, tile-like ceiling above me. I was lying upon my back... looking straight up. I breathed for a moment... as slowly memories flooded back to me along with the sensation that I could feel my body again. Swallowing with an edge that couldn't possibly describe much of anything else, I slowly got to my feet. The floor I was on was made out of a marble-like substance... at least that was what I guessed. Glancing about, I saw a few others raising to their feet... along with a few gasps, screams, mumurs... the what not. I blinked, remaining silent but severly freaked when I saw myself.

Soft, silky undershirt... soft, fuzzy-like green over jacket with a belt around my waist, followed by a brown skirt that seemed waaay to short for the dress code at my school which was already lazed. I felt the feeling of boy-like short underwear however, which would suffice for not flashing people. I also had nice, durable leather boots on which seemed comfortable but I felt like I wanted them off. I blinked, focusing on everyone else... they seemed faintly familiar...

That's when I froze. I recognized myself... pulling on a few strands of my hair, and seeing the rare yet beautiful mix of brown, golden and striking rich red hair I knew. I was the character I designed... and everyone else was too! (I then realized this proved I care way to much to detail, since I recognized almost everyone based on remembering their apperance details.) However, my thoughts were soon stopped as I heard an ahem and turned to see a short, jacket-covered figure.

He introduced himself... and he was no other then the one known as Chronomantique. I was quite shocked to say the least, and a lot of people asked him questions that I sensed were full of slight worry and anger. Yet... I could help but feel a twinge of amusement. To me... t his was great.
No more boring home life... but for once, a real adventure that has things of the unknown... nothing is predictable or safe anymore.

I let a small smile form upon my lips as we all followed him. Soon we came to the edge of a cliff, which over looked the most beautiful sight I could have imagined to see. He said this was the Kingdom of Mandedor. He soon began walking down the side of the mountain... and then I started to walk a bit behind everyone else. Lagging behind in a way... gazing about at the scenery more than paying attention to anything else. However, I found that I was sure footed... and it helped that I had a quiver of arrors and a bow upon my back, which made me feel at ease. If I was an Archer... then I would have to be nimble... like Legolas!

It struck me with a bit of oddity, that I would be lagging behind the group... or at least remaining in the back. I thought of myself as usually the more sociable type... but for some reason, I felt more concerned about my surroundings. The air... the mountains... trees... the whole land itself. I had merely glanced at a few people, and recognized them... Wulf, Merenwen, Meji... along with a few others struck me that I knew them. I had a hard time remembering the name behind those names...
Is that really important?
No... perhaps not now. Not that we were this place, which I already felt a fondness for.

eevee-shayna
19th June 2004, 01:47 AM

Personality: Crazy and weird, is outgoing around friends and quiet around
other people. Very open minded, creative, loves animals music and anime.

Name: Raven Tarif

Bodily Appearance: All of 5 feet, Raven has hip length straight jet-black hair, with bangs grown out. She is pale, but not sickly looking. She has bright green eyes that stand out from her pale skin and black hair. Her lips seem to always be red, though she doesn't wear makeup.

Clothing Appearance: Raven wears a floor length black robe made of a thick but light material. The robe has a hood in the back that Raven rarely uses, and many hidden pockets inside. She wears a belt around her waist over the robe, which is usually tied fairly tight. Under the robe she wears dark green-almost black peasant trousers that end at her ankles, and a simple black top that has a low-neck line and elbow length sleeves. The shirt is tucked into the pants. Raven doesn't wear shoes.

Weapon: She has a staff that is 4 feet tall and thick enough to curl her fingers around and have them almost meet on the other end. The staff is the color of charred wood, though it isn't burnt. Raven usually holds the staff in her left hand, and sometimes her bird sits on the top, as if it were a perch

Changed Personality: The transformation has been confusing and unsettling for eevee. As raven when she talks she sounds distant, like her mind is always somewhere else, because she is confused and not quite her usual self. Because of this it's usually hard to tell what she is talking about, because she seems to be in another world, though she usually talks in similes and never straight forward. Her mind is on the edge of breaking down. Eave is still her personality, though her confusion and her mind not being quite right anymore contributes to an alter-personality. Raven is more concerned with the war in her mind then the war in the (rpg) world. Maybe she might find something while traveling in the (rpg) world that will awaken her true self and shut out the confusion.

Other: Raven has a pet raven that is permanently perched on her shoulder.

~~~~Raven~~~~

Soooo…. Sleepy….
My eyelids seemed to weigh a ton as I stared blankly at my Civics book. Finals were tomorrow, and though I and been studying for a week now, I was still cramming. My brain throbbed; I knew it was overloaded with Math, and English tidbits, but what could I do? I needed to study. Maybe I was pushing myself s bit hard. I was having trouble with my social life at the moment, and had planned to do more then I could handle over the weekend. Not to mention all the graduation parties that I hadn’t RSVP’ed to, and on top of that, my parents were furious at me for something stupid again.
I rubbed my eyes and yawned. My head was spinning and I kept picturing the twilight zone circle spinning in the back of my head.
I closed the book and stood up, blinking my eyes to stay awake. I had to do something to mental health. I could feel that I was on the edge of crashing, and lying in bed thinking wouldn’t help.

I wondered clumsily to the computer that sat in the corner of my room. I pulled a few shirts of the chair in front and sat down. Like a drone, I turned on the computer, hoping it would supply me with some mindless amusement, so my brain could rest.

As an instinct, I immediately pressed on the Netscape icon on my screen, and await the wonderful world of Internet to load. The screen opened up and I clicked on my shortcut to TPM. I had a new PM, so I answered it, then went to RPGs. Nothing was yet posted in any of the ones I was in. I didn’t feel like getting up and studying some more, so a looked at the sign up topics. Nothing too interesting, until I came to a topic with a daring title. “An Adventure for All Times ~ Do you dare join”. Interesting. I might as well sign up. I clicked on it and skimmed through the message. Getting a basic jest of the RPG, I filled in a character sign up sheet, and pressed ‘reply’.
Then the screen read
Yes - No

Ok… someone had too much time on their hands. Maybe they could study my Latin for me…
I pressed yes, and then the screen read
Suddenly the screen went black, and I heard a creepy laugh. I must be crazy, probably too much studying. I started getting dizzy, as if my mind was giving up, and then the dizziness stopped, and my head fell onto the keyboard as I blacked out.

I heard voices, strange voices that I didn’t recognize. What were these voices doing in my bedroom? And the floor was cold. The fan hadn’t been on and it was summer. Who turned the fan on!

I opened my eyes, but not too wide, or else someone might know I’m awake. Someone had brought me to a dungeon! Or maybe I had slipped between the pages of my Social Studies book. Where was I, Greece? England? Maybe the voices could tell me.

I stood up, careful not to open my eyes, or else someone might see. Dark strands flooded in front of my face, impairing my eyesight. What was this? I opened one eye to face long black hair. When did this happen? My hair wasn’t this dark… or straight… or long. Something wasn’t right.

By this time, they must have seen me. No point in hiding. I opened my eyes completely, and pulled my hair out of my face. A black robe hung loosely from my shoulders and reached the ground. The ground was a bit closer then I remembered.

As I brought my attention to the staff that lay on the ground next to me, I heard a loud sound in my left ear. I coward, and grabbed the staff for protection, then realized the sound had been produced by a pretty bird on my shoulder.

Wait; why was there a raven on my shoulder, and how did it get there? Oh, but it had always been there. Yes, of course, it was to be trusted because it had always been there.

I then examined the staff that I clutched in my hands. Dark, like it had been burnt, yet smooth, like it was new. How odd. However, it was to be trusted to. And maybe my two companions know how to analyze a poem, and what year the French revolution took place. Wait, why did I need to know that? I shook off the questions.

I turned my head to the sound of shuffling feet. Maybe I would follow. There was a group of people talking, and walking through the one exit off the room. I followed a little but then stopped. A flood of memories rushed into my head about cramming for finals, and graduation parties, and then quickly disappeared as if someone had pulled the plug. I stood there baffled. What was that? Although my brain had hurt to hold all that information at once, I wanted to think more about it. I scanned my thoughts to find it. Few thoughts floated around in my head, but I knew that I knew more. It was as if my mind had shut down most of memories, because it needed to recoperate. I stood thinking about that, when I realized that the group had left. I ran down the hall until I caught up with them.

It drove me crazy not knowing my own mind. I started fighting my mind, attacking it so that I might know why I was here. My mind surrendered bits of feelings. I remembered how to feel, that was good.

I continued to fallow the group as I fought with my mind. It didn’t occur to me why I was following, but they seemed to know where they were going. Maybe because they had talked to each other, and I was too busy in my own thoughts to realize it. But if they had talked, then they were plotting against me! I tightened my grip on my staff, then began to mutter to myself. They were plotting against me, all of they. Well, I would just have to plot, too! But what…

~~~~
OOC: crazy? i'm not crazy...

HbCharizard
19th June 2004, 07:49 PM
Personality: He can get really annoying, but he's a good guy. He likes stuff with magic and bows. And he especially loves guns and stuff. That's why he is mostly and outcast from otehr people. He is really a nice guy, but it's hard to get to know him. When around friends, he is very sarcastic when he needs to be.

Name: Arkon Bremingham
Bodily Appearance: Arkon is very skinny for a mage, but he is a very good shot. He has navy blue eyes, and black hair, which goes down to his ears. He also has bangs that stops about one inch above his eyes. He has war scars all over his body, but he doesn't like showing anybody. He's about 5"8, and he has average arm length. His quiver is strapped on his back, and he mostly holds his bow. His skin is a whitish pale. His eyebrows are black.
Clothing Appearance: Arkon wears a robe that shows the upper part of his chest, in a triangle shape from his neck. It is a browish color. The sleeves go down to his arms, leaving only his hands on which you can see. His robe also has a hood, which is a greenish color.(He rarely wears it, seeing as he can't see while it's on) Under his robe, he wears a green Tunic, reaching down to his waist, and some brown leather pants, the bottoms reaching down about 2 inches below his knees. He wears brown gloves on his hands, with red stripes on the finger sockets. He has an earring on his left ear, it is a circle kind of earring, with some markings on it, which looks like an anchient language. He has on some blue boots. the top reaches about 6 inches above his ankle.
Weapon: He has a longbow, about 4 feet in length, a thin string connecting the top and bottom. It is about 1 inch thick. His arrows are in a quiver strapped on his back. The quiver is a brownish color, and the strap is brown too.

Changed Personality: He is still annoying, but he expresses himself alot more now. He's not afraid of other people, and makes friends easier. But when he gets mad, his head blows off. He will yell and scream, and try to hurt the person who made him made. It's very hard to calm him down now.
Other: *shoots the other with a poison tipped arrow* Now, you shall suffer!

Kevin
~~~~

"uuuuggggg" I said, wallet empty and a headache in head.
"Note to self. Never go out with people who's last name is Jucksomoney."

I chucked myself over to my computer, turned on the computer, and checked the internet. Nothing good on. No good polls. No new good RPGS. I pressed the back button and moved to go to GameFaqs to see how to beat Final Fantasy 10 and find out about that new Final Fantasy 7 on N-Gage. But I found a new RPG has just been submitted. I clicked on it and looked at it. Nice plot, cool sign up sheet, and it has..SWORDS!! AND BOWS!!!

"SIGN ME UP! ANYTHING WITH BOWS ROCK!" I said, a little hyper, and signed up. I clicked submit, then left my room for a Dr. Pepper. I grabbed one, opened it and sipped some. I then looked at the computer. It was still on the submiting screen. I looked closer, and it said something else. It said...

Yes or No

I clicked yes, curious on what the heck this was talking about. Then, a blank screen came up, with only the words,

Then, I heard an Evil Laugh, like the one when you die on Donkey Kong 64. It freaked me out. Then, everything becme black, and the last thing I heard was my Dr. Pepper falling on the floor, and the soda spilling.

Arkon
~~~~

I heard voices. Wierd voices. And....GIRL VOICES! What were girls doing in my house? The only girl I knew was in collage still. I opened my eyes. I was in a room. I stood up, just when this guy went "AHEM!!!" He went on about a castle and a king and a topic acually being a meassage to some people.

"B-but why us?" I asked. He went on about us being chosen or something. I wasn't listening past that, except when a girl said she was a guy. I was really confused. After the guy finished, everybody got up and walked towards the door he opened. I got up and walked too. I saw a girl that was looked crazy, or she was crazy. I went over to her.

"Don't be nervous, it's just a RPG, with people in it......from the real world......that....might...be...evil...." I said, wondering about who these people really are.

"You said it...." She said. Then a guy came up to us.

"Hey, Arkon, who's this, yer new girlfriend?" The guy asked. I didn't know who this guy was, but this woman was not my girlfriend. I've never even had a girlfriend! But I played along.

"Uhh, Naw, she's just someone I met." I said. He left, and I looked back at the girl. She still looked nervous/crazy. Now she looked weirder though. If this was a anime, a sweatdrop would be dropping right about now.
~~~~~

Fai D. Flowright
19th June 2004, 11:17 PM
I truely apologize to everyone for not posting yet. We've just had a death in my family and I've been sleeping in the basement. (My grandparents are sleeping in my own room, so I can't make my usually posts late posts...) Plus with the rest of my family here and my parents feeling bad about this, I hve no time to get on during the day to post either...

But I will promise to you that I will get something up my Sunday Night/Monday Morning for both me and OO (I'm his "able-bodied" RPG for the time that he is gone. But I will have something up by then because everyone will be out of the house by then.

I'm sorry for any incoveniences I may have cause... But I shall return! ^_^

VirtualPlay
19th June 2004, 11:45 PM
Oh wow, that sucks man. Sorry to hear about your loss. Don't worry about not posting for a while, I understand the craziness of your situation. Although I am glad you posted something so that we weren't hanging here thinking you abandoned us or something.

Nah, it's okay...go be with your family, don't worry about us for now.

Krystalline Kabutops
20th June 2004, 02:39 PM
Sorry to hear that Tsukasa, have some time with your family to recover from the loss.

Yeah, I know, I'm actually posting, but it's only for about 5 minutes before I'm dragged off to almost a week of merit badge earning torture.....

VirtualPlay
20th June 2004, 11:45 PM
Merenwen
~~~~~~~~
"Hey mommy mommy! Look! It's the heroes!"
"Now now, Seth, it's not polite to point."
"But mommy see? It's really them!"

"Why'd we have to go through the middle of the town?" I asked myself. The walking we had done so far had gotten me mostly used to my large breasts and now I only needed to use the rod as a cane for walking uphill.

Unfortunately Arya was still having more trouble. She had no staff, and her bow wasn't good to walk on, so she had to walk slowly and often needed me to help support her. Not to mention she got all flustered whenever someone mentioned her by name, especially the boys who thought she was cute. I didn't blame her for that; even I had to resist using my rod to blast the whistling boys who called my name. Of course, I didn't know how to use magic properly, but I figured something would have come out.

The guys in our group weren't having much better luck. At least the girls in the village didn't try making any moves; most of them just swooned if anything. Although I noticed the guy mages didn't get quite as much. Apparently only female mages are anything to look at. Lucky me. Then again, I was relatively skimpily dressed for a mage.

'Holy heck, did I just describe myself with the word "skimpily"?' I thought to myself. 'Yes, I think I did. Oh jeez, I'm gonna need to go shirtless for a while once we get out of this RPG...I think I'm starting to lose my masculinity...'

~-~-~-~-~

Eventually we made it to the castle courtyard. Chronomantique said something to the guards and they let us in. At first I wondered why they didn't just let us in when they saw us since everyone seemed to be convinced that we were the "heroes." Then I figured they wanted to make sure we were the real deal and not just some masqueraders or something.

Another five minutes of navigation through the castle and we were (finally) outside of the throne room. "Now remember to be respectful to the King, and get on one knee when you're about a yard away from the throne and stay until he asks you to rise." The huge doors opened and we started walking in two rows, one of girls and one of guys. As if we had choreographed this in advance, we all formed a horizontal line parallel to the throne and got on one knee. Unfortunately...

"AGH!" *THWUMP* "$h¡†!"

To our great surprise, the King stood up, walked down the throne towards Arya and said, "Are you alright Miss Arya?" Then he turned to the guards around us and said, "Guards, please leave us. I wish to speak in private." With a lot of clinking of metal, they walked out, slamming the great doors behind them. "Please stand, sit, whatever. I hate formalities. It's the worst part of the job."

He introduced himself as King Melchior. In greater detail he explained the predicament of the war between Patteron and Talmina. He also explained that to learn magic we would have to purchase "spell books" that would tell us how to unleash the powers from within ourselves.

"And how do we get the money to buy these 'spell books?'" Meji asked.

"I believe that's where I come in, King Melchior," said a croaky voice from behind us. We all jumped, and Arya fell down again. A mage in tattered khaki-colored robes was walking towards us, carrying four books under his left arm and a bunch of tiny pouches on strings in his right hand.

"Ah, Belthazar, welcome," the king said.

"Here they are, sir, I just had a couple weaker Warriors go and test them and they work nicely." He turned to us and started handing out the pouches-on-strings. I noticed he had a crazy look in his eyes, and figured this must be the insane mage who created the portal spell that brought us all here. "These pouches...when you destroy creatures of evil, they will start to fill with money. But they will not grow until you try to open them, at which point they will have all the money you have accumulated so far. Please, do not lose these as they cost me most of my potion supply." He added in an undertone, "I must replenish those later..."

I took the small pouch and did the most sensible thing: put it around my waist. I felt a bit strange lifting up my shirt, but then remembered I had the undershirt on underneath. Still, showing my belly button made me tingle slightly.

"And these," he added, handing only us mages a book, "are an example of spell books. I give them to you mages because you have no other real means of offense or defense. You may buy many more books that will teach you a multitude of techniques. I do not believe even I know them all. Archers, there are spells for you too, but they will be for mostly enchanting your bodies or your arrows. And yes, even you have them, Warrior, but yours are mostly for improving your strength and agility."

King Melchior spoke up again. "In this town, if you did not know, the inns are free and the shops will let you stock up without cost as well. But the other towns and kingdoms are not so nice. It is unlikely that even our neighbor of Kelhorn will even recognize your names, never mind your faces. I ask that you please rest up now, for it is almost evening and night falls quickly in Mandedor."
~~~~~~~~
Okay, go through that as fast or as slowly as you want (you can add details as long as they aren't huge changes) and you can go as far as getting to the inn and checking in. Just remember that Arya will insist on being in the same room as Merenwen (since Opaque's not here to post that himself). And NO gratuitous shower scenes.

Oh, and Bear, that quote's from FFVII, and it's said by Cid when he finally joins your party (I think that's when he says it).

EDIT: stupid me, forgot to mention that the Inn rooms are two per room. So when you check in, make sure you end up paired up. And like I said before, in agreeance with Opaque's post, Arya will insist on rooming with Merenwen.

eevee-shayna
21st June 2004, 12:27 PM
~~~Raven~~~

I continue to follow the group, cautious of the group of on lookers who studied our ever move. A man winked at, causing me to glare back at him with an icy stare accompanied by a mutter of “I know the depths of evil have sent you, but look at me once more and I know tortures far worse then the mere cuts and blood splatter you can imagine. I would enjoy the site of red rubies rolling down your pierced skin.” The man apparently believed my threat, and the rest who were sent by evil were soon told of me, and I was not winked at again.

My bird tugged playfully at my ear, and I turned to it and smiled. “Dark creature who flies with moonshine painted on your wings, your warmth fills me with a week of suns.” My Raven squaked happily back.

We continued to walk through the crowds of staring eyes. Only I, and my bird could see the truth: that they were wearing masks of joy, which hid their true identities of scoundrels and spies. But I would not take my eyes off of they for a second. I glared at all of them, so that they would call the hunt off.

While walking, I sighted a family; a father, mother, son and daughter, huddled together looking at our parade. I had to stop for a moment, because a memory flashed into my swirling mind. It was of a picture of a family, one that I’d known in another life. And the girl in the picture, she seemed familiar; she was studying for some great test of her knowledge. But how did I know this. Why was this memory so… close to me? I shook my head, but grabbed on to that mental picture. I didn’t want to loose it. It was a corner piece to a puzzle my mind had just started, and it would be very important to finish the puzzle.

I stored the thought safely in my mind, then continued to walk. After our sojourn, we came to a large castle. This was were we had been headed. Great evil was amongst the trusted here, and I would not put down my guard for a second.

When we entered we were told to bow. Bow, with all the villains that ran wild in this area! They could stab me while my head was to the floor. However, the disguise as one amongst this group could provide to be useful. I did as the others did. The king then spoke to us – I half paid attention – then we were handed gifts by a shady character. I did not trust him, however, I accepted the pouch and book. The pouch I hung around my neck, then tucked under my robe. The book I stared at. Some sort of magic book, however, I did not know the spell in which it taught. I would investigate this issue further in the near future.

We were then ushered out of the castle, and all seemed to be going to the same in – by the looks of it one of the finer in town – and checked in together.

~~~

Gothic Animé
21st June 2004, 12:51 PM
»meji メジ«

> village <

when we reached the village in which the king resided, i could tell that for some reason all of these people knew who we were, and that we had been coming. i heard murmurs all over the place, and people awaited on the sides of the road for us, some pointing.

and as i lagged a bit behind with arya, who was still getting used to her new body, and merenwen, i noticed that we, err, they, that is, were getting stares from some guys. guys whistled at them, and shouted their names. i could tell arya was getting mad and frustrated. she looked about ready to yell that she was actually a guy, but she contained herself. when we finally reached the castle of the king, chronomantique gave us instructions on how to enter.

> king's castle <

we walked in, and simultaneously bowed to the king. but as we were coming up, i heard a thump of someone falling, and a loud exclamation of "$h1t!" and as i turned i saw arya had fallen. hiding a laugh, i turned to help her up. the king came over to see if she was alright. then, asking the guards to leave, he went back to his throne.

he introduced himself as king melchoir, and explained about the dire situation that the kingdom was in. he also explained that we would need "'spell books'" to do magic. 'and how do we get the money to buy these spell books?' i asked curiously, for i had just realized that i no longer had any money, and even then the money which i had had was probably of no use in this world.

"i believe that's where i come in," said someone from the back of the room. everyone turned around to face a mage in old, khaki-colored robes. he was holding books in one hand and a multitude of little pouches in the other. "ah, bethazar, welcome." said king melchoir. he said a few words to the king, and then proceeded to hand out the pouches to everyone, and the spell books to us mages. he explained about the spell books, and different types of magic. he also told us about the pouches he had handed us.

when he was done, the king told us that everything in this village would be free, including staying at the inn for the night. he told us that it would be wise to go now and rest at the inn. as we headed out of the castle, we started talking about sleeping arrangements. "please, i have to be with merenwen!" said arya. i guess she still had yet to get used to her new body.

> the inn <

i walked in and asked for a room. i was shown to my room, and as i walked in i immediately ran to the bed and lay down. but i decided i had better take shower before i went to bed. i headed to the bathroom.

after i was done taking my shower and whatnot, i headed once again for the bed and lay down. i was sooo tired...

<ooc> if anyone wanted a room with me that's fine, i don't care. and um..this seems like it takes place long ago. wouldn't there be no showers? </ooc>

VirtualPlay
21st June 2004, 01:19 PM
OOC: By "shower" I meant you take buckets of water and pour them on yourself. I've seen it before and I guess I just got into the mindset and forgot we consider a shower being running water. And most likely the water won't be hot, and lukewarm at best.

I mean, they don't take baths, only royalty takes baths.

Bulbasaur4
21st June 2004, 11:37 PM
Ka Tanrei
~ Archer/F ~

So we continued to walk, and I continued to follow the group mostly from behind. I felt a twinge of regret for being behind, mostly since no one seemed to talk to me much...which I welcomed and loathed all the same.
Why... Why Kal-I mean, Ka, do you have all these strange emotions? They're so different...

I made a slight frown, realizing that these emotions might come as a problem later one.
"Hey lady... wanna lift that skirt a bit farther?" Some man suddenly said closely to me, and it was then my shifty eyes jerked up to see that we were being watched by people in the village, and many men were gawking at us ladies. I saw a few looking at me... and then I saw the man that said that. I would have glared, but I only shrugged and ignored it. They didn't know me... only saw. Besides, I had a feeling if we got in a fight I would win... which was some thing odd. I never though those types of ... well, thoughts before.

Soon we arrived in the castle, and the guards melted away as the King came forth adn soon a strange old mage came and told us about the books and gave us pouches. I quickly tied mine to my belt, and then we were excused. I blinked, lingering slightly as everyone filled away....

"Is there a problem m'lady?" The King asked, looking at me...
"You must be Ka Tanrei.... the mystery." I blinked, looking at him with a confused expression, but his own expression was that of certainty. I swallowed, watching the others file out as I shrugged.
"I'm sorry... I must... be going." I said, as I parted from him with a little bow and then I began to exit, only to glance back to hear him speak softly. Yet I heard his whispering words..
" You are not alone."

*!*!*

The streets were welcoming, and we were journeying to the inn. I still felt some thing holding me back... some thing telling me that I couldn't talk to those in the group.
Why not?! A part of my cried, but I sighed. Maybe I'll get to know them later some how...

" Ah fine heros! Would you perhaps be interested in buying some thing?" A man suddenly called to us, holding up several fine goods but of course, all of us said no. We had no money anyway...
But then some thing caught my eye. A bird... a lovely, gorgeous blue bird of such grace and magnitude of whole that I had to stop to gawk. It was so elegant... but yet he looked so sad... so mistreated.
Please... help...
I began to walk, but I felt like I almost heard a whisper in the wind as I stopped. Turning my head again, I saw the others had walked into an inn leaving me alone, but the man... the bird...

Then I realized the bird was truely sad, and I felt compelled.
" Why is that bird in the cage?" I suddenly asked, feeling a bit bold as I pointed at the bird, it's cage pushed far back behind the seller's area. He looked pale as I said those words... swallowing.
"I uhh.. found it... yeah... so... that's not for-"
" It's illegale isn't it? That bird isn't supposed to be caught. I can tell... you're lying." I spoke the words so quickly, with ease... it almost came as a surprise to me. He looked even worse then before...
"Set it free. Now." I almost growled, glaring at him with a voice more demanding. " Or else I'll alert those in authority."

Soon, I watched as he opened the cage from the top, and the bird suddenly flew out... flying to freedom. I smiled, feeling as if some thing inside of me had been set free as well.
"Thank you." I looked to the man, speaking my words kinder now as I walked off and into the inn.

*!*!*!*!*!*

I soon walked into the inn, and sighed. The group was in there... and it seemed as if they were determining who would room with who. Perhaps there were not enough rooms...
I went to the counter, and looked at the lady who was helping get the rooms ready and smiled lightly.
"Excuse me miss, but I'd like to get a room."
She nodded, "Yes... but there are not enough rooms for everyone to have their own..."
I withdrew a breath and nodded, it was no bother. "That's alright. I'll let it known."
Soon she had given me a key to my room, and I was given a drink of tea as well. I decided to drink it in my room so as I walked up to the upper level of my room I gazed at those I knew to be in my group and called out.
" If anyone needs a room, they can share with me. "

I think a few of them jumped... for I hadn't spoken to anyone yet. I shrugged, let a smile out and then went up to my room to sit and drink my tea.

eevee-shayna
22nd June 2004, 09:23 AM
~~~Raven~~~

I had been eyeing the group, not trusting any of them. But I didn’t know any of them. All I knew about them was that they had a deep secret – each of them, including me. This puzzled me, because I didn’t know how I knew this, but it had something to do with that picture of a family I had imagined…

“Stop thinking, you’ll hurt yourself” I muttered to myself, then I lifted my head up higher, causing my long black hair roll out of my face. I stared at the group some more, trying to figure them all out, then noticed one was missing. I turned my head to a window. Pushing the cloth that covered the hole in the wall which was the window, I focused my gaze to outside. After I little searching, I found the missing person. Ha! She, nor any of this little group, would escape my unblinking eyes.

What was she doing? Going to buy a pretty bird? Oh, what a gorgeous bird! I found myself discovering a hidden soft spot for furry or feathered creatures. She was talking to the man, and it seemed that her poison words left the shopkeeper pale as he walked to the bird and- yes, he was setting it free!! I somehow grew some sort of respect for this woman; heart for animals and tongue of poison. Perhaps she could be trusted. She began to walk toward this inn, and I quickly placed the curtain in its former closed position, then in a low wooden chair.

The woman – whom I noticed carried a bow – entered into this building and stopped for a moment. When she spotted her target, the inn keeper, she strode up confidently and began to talk. I am not one to observe talk, I observe more by sight, so I did not listen to their exchange of words. However, I did hear when she called out an invitation to share in her rooming quarters.

“Would be ungracious to decline in my part, noble lady. Though the ants that cover the inn, and world, might I add, have testy eyes of me. Ignore them, dear lady, they are not to be trusted, but have done know harm to this point. That is, no harm of my knowledge.” I say in accepting her proposal. I stand up, displaying the five feet of darkness in which I consist of. I then made my way down the hall to her room, looking like death gracefully gliding across the floor with my hair billowing behind me.

She was freshening up, so I collapsed into a heap of black hair and robes cross-legged into the corner. I lay my charcoal staff in front of me – cutting me off from the rest of the room and making me a mere shadow in the corner – then allowed my faithful bird to fly like a bat in an attic around the room.

I could see through the drawn windows that the sun was sinking into its plush bed of trees in the far off mountains. Soon darkness would awaken, allowing its starry gaze to watch over the silent night. This gave me comfort. However, the birth of nighttime reminded me of a familiar ritual which I participated in late at night that consisted of words. Words and stories displayed in a book… no, something else, in front of me. Curious. I added this clue to my growing puzzle that led to my own deep secret.

Soon I was asleep. I awaited the bright gaze of morning to awaken my sleepy eyes.

HbCharizard
22nd June 2004, 01:31 PM
Arkon
!~~~~~~!

I yawned. I was kinda sleepy. I didn't hear a word the king said. I heard the inn part though. I ran out first, running towards the inn, but I got distracted by this alleyway leading towards the marketing part of town. I slowly crept towards the alleyway. I ran through it, ending up in the marketplace. Lots of people were here, finding stuff. I walked around. Before I knew it, I had a bag full of canteens of water, fruit, and herbs. All free. I was in heaven. Free stuff. Heh. I was walking back to the inn when a small shop caught my eye. The king said there was something about spellbooks for archers and warriors and mages or something like that.

I walked in. There were spellbooks everywhere. Lots of mages were walking around, reading books. I walked to the section marked, archers. I took a look at a ccouple of books. Some were filled with small spells with self-healing and defense, others were filled with spells that could power up arrows. While I pondered about, I looked in my quiver. I didn't have any arrows! They give me the bow, the quiver, but no arrows! I quickly picked up the spellbooks for Fire Arrows, Self-Heal, and a book on how to shoot arrows. They also didn't give me the knowledge on how to shoot these things.

"That'll come to 5000...oh! It's you Arkon! You can keep the books, but may you please return them after your done with them?" The clerk asked me. I nodded and left, heading for the weapons shop. Walking in, I quickly found the arrows and walked over to them, grabbing about 30 - 40 arrows. Should be enough. I left, then went back to the Inn. Everybody was grouped up, except a few people.

"Oh great.......some people are just plain evil...." I said, sighing.
!~~~~~!

Fai D. Flowright
23rd June 2004, 01:11 AM
Hey everyone... I'm fine and finally back in commition here at RPGoNR! After our experiences here, I'll be able to get my starting stuff now. This post will just be for me to get started and to catch up, but my next will include catch-up stuff for Arya (OO's char) as well.

OK! Here we go!

Personality: Very outgoing and willing to help. He is a person who can be thought of as being funny and witty at the same time. Despite being the social butterfly that he seems to be, Tony does enjoy being in solitude every once in a while, just to get away from it all. He seems to always be able to see the best in things, whether they are good or bad, and get through it with a consistant smile on his face!
Name: Estan Torram
Class: Warrior
Bodily Appearance: Estan is quite the muscular character, yet his stature is a mere 5'5. His hair is medium-dark brown and is typically styled into the "spiked back" look. His eyes are of a blue hue, but they appear to be somewhat deeper than what is usually seen in blue human eyes. Estan skin tone is that of a decnt tan, which shows his familiarity with battle. His build is not that of a highly reguared weight-lifter, but he has his own overly-fair share of strength nonetheless. His most prominent muscles are his arm and calf, which are specifically trained for the best battle techniques.
Clothing Appearance: Estan wears a Silver shin guard on each leg and Silver wrist guards cover 3/4 of the way to his elbows. Well-fitted Mythril plate armor protects above the torso and chest, and loops around, covering the entire back; looks like full upper-body armor without the arms. His lower half is protected by a kilt-like article, composed of Mythril and fully encased by animal hides. It extends to just above the knee. The two pieces are brought together by a leather belt, which supports the sheaths for both swords. His shoes are made of silver and are lined with leather for comfort.
Weapon: Estan has two swords, both of which are sheathed from his belt. The one used in his right hand is of the full-length Kris style with a simple leather-wrapped handle. The Japanese calligraphy for "Strength" is inscribe near the base of the blade on both sides. His left-hand sword is of the short sword variety. The blade is simple and straight in shape with the Japanese calligraphy for "Power" in the same manor as the previous. The handle is designed with Egyptian-type symbols and has a large sapphire on the end.
Changed Personality: Not much, but his attitude seems slightly more sarcastic. Estan seems to have more of a disposition that Tony does as well. Estan seems to have made Tony be more pessimistic, compared to his normally optimistic look on things.
Other: Oooo, right there with the things and the trauma and everything done dead and the people with psychologist and extra medication for all... *hand pill popper to Other* I like to do that with the things and the pill popper... popity pop pop pop pop pop pop poo! ~_~

~~~~|Tony: Male|~~~~
Several times I had told myself to get up already, but my body just wouldn't let me... I was exhausted from my late night video game marathon and just couldn't find the motivation to even roll over in my bed. Finally, after several hours of fighting to go back to bed, I gave up and caved into the daylight that poured through the slats of my blind. "Uhhhhrrmmmllll...." I moaned as the blood rush to my head from standing up so quickly, causing me to stagger and bascially fall into my computer chair.

The bright monitor screen shown right in front of me. It seemed as though the light was buring through my eyeleds and retinas and was sizzling my brain to a crisp. I groggily opened my eyes to see another Norton Virus Definition Update on my desk top. I didnt feel like waiting for it to down load now, so I just had it remind me in a couple of days (although I'd do the same thing then as well too...). I clicked on the IE shortcut and entered my virtual prison, the internet.

First and foremost was mail. I logged into my Yahoo account to see... Absolutely nothing, as per the usual.Being to lazy to log back out, I went on to The PokeMasters... A site that had given me a warm ray of hope for the long and boring summer ahead. I checked FanArt, Bjarni was being his normal irritating self, and nothing new had really been posted, so I moved on. Next was PCG, a couple new replies to some games and few new polls were there, but nothing too interesting there either...

Last was RPG, the best thing since FFVII, in my eyes! As I looked throught the never-busy threads, I found an ordinary title among the special text ones that surrounded it. "An Adventure for All Times" was what the name read, but I didn't recognize the person... I thought I'd check it out anyway, so I clicked and began to read. The plot didn't seem to be my normal style of RPG, but something attracted my mouse to the Reply button and I went off, subconsciously, to create a character for the game.

As I click the Submit button, the screen turned to the normal confirm screen, but it also read,

Yes - No

Thinking it was a simply error in the encoding, I clicked Yes and found myself suddenly looking at a black screen that simply stated,

Thank you for becoming part of this adventure.

As the message floated there, my room, normally bright and full of color, became a black void, with only the sentence burning at my eyes. I said aloud, "I knew I should have updated my virus definitions when I had the chance..."

The words drifted and I felt my body go numb and fall into the endless space that had now completely surrounded me...

~~~~~~~~|Estan Torram : Male Warrior|~~~~~~~~
My body slowly returned it's feeling and I could feel myself waking back up. "Did I fall back to sleep again?" I though, "Or maybe it was something subliminal in that message..." Deep in thought of what could have happened, I stayed on the ground. But the floor was not what I was expecting... It was cold and hard, not the carpet that should have been there.

As I put the problem to the back of my mind for the time being, I opened my eyes to see that I was no longer in the room I called home... "Toto, we're not in Kansas anymore..." I mumbled, my lips still dead from the experience. Sitting up, I saw that the room I, and several others, were in was made of some sort of marble or other metamorphic stone. The other's seemed somewhat stunned at the sight, and I have to agree, it WAS quite a sight to see! An entire circular room built of this material surrounded us, I simply sat next to a wall in awe. Few mutters and noices came from the waking others, but they were all cut short by the clearing of a throat...

"Ahem..." A dark figure made notice of his presense. "I am Chronomantique, and I thank you all for joining this adventure." A conversation started between several of the people and the shadowy man. I listened in for anything pertinent, but th only fact that stood out was that there was no way home until everything in this strange place was settled. That was the point that I began to notice some changes...

From the body I had known, I was now quite muscular compared to my old self. I also noticed some more weight on my torso. Thinking that I may have gotten "lucky" I looked down, but I found that 2 swords hung from my hips. I pulled each out only half way, and glaced at what I had to protect myself. But both blades seemed quite familiar and that's when it hit me! I had litterally BECOME the character that I had submitted to the RPG! I WAS Estan Torram, the Warrior... But I realized that, my looking at the garb of the others, I was the only one of my kind... I knew then that I had to be willing to fight and protect!

The last thing I had heard from the man called "Chronomantique" was that we were going to see the King of the land, a land he called Mandedor.

As we all filed out of the circular corridor, I caught up with a young woman who seemed to have been paying attention more than I. As I approached her, I tried to remember the name that Chrono had referred to her as. It finally came to me! "Arya! Question." She stopped for a moment to let me catch up. "Can you explain to me what happened in that conversation...?"

"I'll answer that in just a moment... I have a few questions to ask other's myself." She replied as she, herself, moved forward toward 2 other ladies. I walked behind them, waiting for her to fall back, but she never did...

OOC: Sorry that it has taken me so long. But everyone is finally out of the house and things are back to just about as normal as they could ever be now that all this has happened! Well, now that I have time to myself again, I will be able to post regularly now, and my next one, after some others do, will include stuff for Arya as well, so that the two of us will be caught up and ready to smoothly continue on!

VirtualPlay
23rd June 2004, 10:05 PM
Eevee: Okay, they might not have had showers, but I'm pretty sure they had glass windows. I'm thinking LotR time period, just mages instead of wizards.

Merenwen - Mage
~~~~~~~~
"I'm sorry, we only have four rooms available," the innkeeper said from behind the counter.

"That means we gotta go two to a room," I said, just out of earshot of the innkeeper. Suddenly I saw Arya move closer to me, startling all those around her. Apparently she had noticed this as well.

"Please, I have to be with Merenwen!" she said, as we were trying to force her away from me. I sighed, and if this had been an animé and not a fantasy story, a sweatdrop would have appeared.

Wulf went up and told the innkeeper we'd take the rooms, then eventually we all went up to them, with me hoping everyone else would manage to pair up. I opened the door to our room, saw the two beds, and threw my rod down on one, claiming it. I looked around and saw an attached room, and going in I saw it was the 'bathroom.'

It was pretty much two holes, each with a wall surrounding it. One of the holes was the old version of the toilet. Basically, you did your business and it landed in a basin which (I assumed) the inn cleaners would clean out. The other hole was for cleaning up; it was just a small, golf-ball size hole and there were four buckets outside filled with water. Again, there was a basin underneath to catch the water. Putting a hand in one of the buckets, I felt that it was kinda warm. Damn this lack of internal plumbing.

I looked back into the main room. Arya was sitting on the edge of her bed (which I realized was more of a cot) with her elbows on her knees and her head in her hands. Acting as if this was a normal situation, I casually said, "Well, you can take a kinda-warm shower now, or you can take a lukewarm shower in the morning."

She looked up, slightly startled, and began to think on the question. Then realization hit her, and her eyes widened. "But...showers mean...getting naked..." she said, trembling slightly. I knew what her problem was, and I felt the same way. Of course, I didn't tell her that. I was playing a good girl so far, I didn't want to let my secret slip as Arya had hers.

Then I had a thought. "Well, technically, even though it's a girl's body you're in, it really is your body. So it's not like you're looking at it because you're looking for some kind of pleasure...you're looking at it because it's your body and that's that."

For some reason, maybe because I was hearing myself say it, or probably because I heard a girl voice say it, I had myself convinced. I only hoped Arya felt the same way. "I'll go first if you're still not sure," I said, then closed the door between the rooms.

~-~-~-~-~

Ten minutes later I stood, still dripping slightly, with one of the two towels I had found wrapped around my body. Despite my good feelings earlier, I was still slightly disturbed at seeing a naked girl's body instead of a naked boy's.

It had taken me so long only because it took me at least a minute to get all my clothes off (the boots were a cool idea initially, but they were a pain to get on and off), another to remember that my bracelets were magicked onto my wrist, another to figure out how to take the spheres in my hair out, and two dripping minutes afterwards looking for the towels. There had been smaller cloths for body cleaning in the walled area for the shower, but the drying towels were hidden away in a hard-to-reach drawer.

I managed to dry myself enough to get the underpants back on (we could have done with a few sets of clothes) then, doing what my mom did with her hair and tying it up in the towel (which took at least a minute to do), I managed to get the undershirt on as well. I still felt annoyingly naked, but at least I wasn't 'exposed' anymore. I let my still-damp hair loose, threw the towel on the nearest bureau, then gathered up all my clothes.

Still mentally engrossed in my experience, I walked into the main room and nearly jumped when Arya gave a sudden shout. I looked and saw her covering her eyes, then realized that she was shocked at seeing me in only my underclothes. In an annoyed voice I had never used myself, I said, "Listen, you're a girl now, get over it. Seeing other girls in their underwear shouldn't be a big deal. Besides," I added, throwing the pile of clothes on the ground next to my bed, "you expect me to wear all that while I'm sleeping?"

I got into the cot-like bed and pulled the cover over myself. "I'm gonna rest now, perhaps go to sleep for the night. If you're gonna take a shower tonight, do it soon or you'll be showering by candlelight."
~~~~~~~~

Krystalline Kabutops
26th June 2004, 03:09 PM
Ah, home sweet TPM. *Cracks knuckles* It's almost like I'm telepathic or something, this is almost exactly how I had predicted the RPG would go. Thanks to VP for giving me so much materiel to work from ( ;) ) and Tsukasa for subbing for me. (Yeah, I know he never posted for Arya, but it's the thought that counts)

And now, onto a post:

Arya-F Archer
-+=-+=-+=-+=

As we walked through the village to the castle, I began to notice all the looks I was getting. There were some whistles and snide remarks ("Hey! Let's see some jiggle, Arya!") and I did my best to refrain from yelling that I was a guy. It was lucky that I had described my character as having pants and a fairly covering shirt instead of a skirt and tube top, but I couldn't get used to the added weight on my chest. I had to keep grabbing at Meri to avoid falling on my sensitive new additions, and I was glad her shirt wasn't one that came off easily. Finally, we reached the castle. The doors opened, and we were escorted in. After an eternity of walking (And some more sore spots) We reached the door to the king's chamber. We lined up, with the guys on the right and the girls on the left. The doors were opened, and we marched in with all the formality that Chronomantique said was appropriate. However, less than two yards in, my pant leg decided to catch on my shoe. I didn't have any time to bring my hands up to my chest.

"AGH!" *THWUMP* "$HIT!" I yelled, forgetting the formalities that Chronomantique had said were customary. To everyone's surprise (Especially mine) the King stepped down from his throne and walked towards me. "Are you alright, Miss Arya?" He asked, helping me get back up on my feet. I bent over, holding my chest, and managed a pained smile. "Yes, I'm fine.... just f*cking great." I said, making sure that he didn't hear the last part. He nodded. "Good, good." He then began talking aboout spells and money and all the things we needed to know. I wasn't really listening, I knew I could get it all from Meri or someone else.

------------------------------------------

Once we had reached the local inn ("I thought we'd get to stay at the castle!" "Just live with it Arya, it's better than nothing.") The innkeeper informed us that we would have to stay two to a room. Instinctively, I moved next to Meri. "Please, I have to be with Merenwen!" I yelped, clutching at her arm. The rest of our group worked to pull me off of her, and she seemed kinda ticked. "...... Fine, you can stay in my room. You need someone to make sure you don't hurt yourself anyway, so it might as well be me." I smiled, and followed her upstairs to the halway that connected all of our rooms. She walked into the first door on the right, and like the dependant I hated to admit that I was, I followed. She dropped her staff onto one of the beds, and I looked at the other one. There really wasn't much of a difference, except that hers was near the window. She went to examine the room adjoining ours, presumably a bathroom. Dropping my bow and quiver on the floor, I sat down on the edge of the bed, trying to comprehend my situation. I was in a strange land with people I didn't know, inhabiting a comepletely foreign body. I didn't even know how to use my weapon! "Well, you can take a kinda-warm shower now, or you can take a lukewarm shower in the morning." I looked up, startled. I hadn't herd her come back into the main area. Then I started thinking about what she had said. Showers mean cleaning off. Cleaning off means doing a good job. Doing a good job meant.... "But...showers mean...getting naked..." I whimpered, trembling somewhat. "Well, technically, even though it's a girl's body you're in, it really is your body. So it's not like you're looking at it because you're looking for some kind of pleasure...you're looking at it because it's your body and that's that." She said, sounding as if that ended the matter. I wasn't sure how firmly I believed that. "I'll go first if you're still not sure," She said, and walked into the bathroom. I was glad she had made the decision for me. Pulling up my bow and quiver from the floor, I examined them. They were exquisitely made, with intricate designs along both of them. Pulling an arrow out, I examined it. Touching the tip, I flinched. It was very sharp, breaking the skin. I left it out and grabbed my bow. Pulling the string out, and leaving it in plain sight so that I would find it again, I looked for the near-invisible crack that would signal what I was looking foor. Finding it, I slid the end of the arrow in, and turned. There was a sharp "click" and the bow rested on my lap, now in two halves. They were designed to function together as a bow, but apart as short swords. Gripping the handles, I grinned. They felt like they were made for my hands, extensions of my body.

Rolling my pants legs up to avoid tripping, I started slashing at the air, practicing sword moves I had seen. I wasn't very good at first, but after a few minutes of practice I felt myself prepared for any of the dangers that this town had to offer. I heard another "click" and turned around to see Meri walking out of the bathroom in nothing but her undershirt and underwear. Yelling, I covered my eyes, while simultaneously falling backwards onto my rear. "Listen, you're a girl now, get over it. Seeing other girls in their underwear shouldn't be a big deal. Besides, you expect me to wear all that while I'm sleeping?" I knew that she was right, but it was still going to take me a while to get used to being casual about this. She climbed into her cot and pulled the covers up. "I'm gonna rest now, perhaps go to sleep for the night. If you're gonna take a shower tonight, do it soon or you'll be showering by candlelight." I sighed, and pulled myself up from where I had fallen. Walking into the bathroom, I realized how primitive the place was. A hole for a toilet, and an even smaller one for a shower. Hoping that the water was still warm, I began undressing. The bandana was easy enough, although I didn't like the feeling of having all that hair just floating around. I pulled off my shirt without too much difficulty, gasping at how cold I was without it. It took me a good 5 minutes to get my boots off. I didn't care that they were designed to save my legs from most weaponry, they were a pain in the @ss. Bracing myself, I pulled off the remainder of the clothes.

----------------------------------------------

Five minutes afterwards, I walked out of the shower, teeth chattering. I had done my best to avoid looking at anything, but feeling it was worse. After four freezing minutes spent looking for a towel, I found my quarry and was quickly dried. Pulling the underwear back on (I had finally identified it as a bikini bottom), I curled my wet hair around my neck to keep it in place. This left me with just one problem..... What was I going ot wear over my chest? I was quickly learning that it was sensitive to more than falling on the ground, but that it was in major control of my body temperature. Walking out of the bathroom and over to Meri's bed, I poked her shoulder. "I need something to wear over my tits," I whispered in her ear. "Do you have anything?" Not bothering to roll over and face me, she replied "No, but there's some drawers over there, they might have something." I opened the drawers and groaned. Bras. Seeing that I had no I dea how to put them on, and my normal shirt would retain too much heat, I resigned myself to a topless night. Climbing into my cot, and making sure not to put pressure on the bruises I had gained from falling in the shower, I pulled up the rough blanket as the last rays of the setting sun shone through our window.

OOC: Hope that was enough of a comeback after my week of being gone. ^^'

HbCharizard
26th June 2004, 06:00 PM
Arkon
~~~~

I got bunked with some guy named Wulf, I didn't really care. I would porbably just stay in my bed and read these books I got. I grabbed one of the books, jumped on my bed, and started reading.I could understand all this stuff just fine, but I've never seen the language in my life. It was funny. I had grabbed the one on how to shoot arrows. It didn't look to hard. I grabbed my bow and one of my arrows, and pulled back on the string, arrow in the same hand, holding the shaft of the bow, aiming at the wall. I let go. The arrow richocheted off a bush pot, breaking it, and landed right next to the bathroom door, which Wulf was comming out of.

"..........You can take a shower now." He said, not even flinching from the arrow.

"ehhh....sorry." I said, then went into the bathroom. It was really primitive. I grabbed a couple of the buckets, then undressed. These boots and this robe is harder to get off then I thought. After a couple of minutes, I got them off, and started dumping the buckets on my head, one after another. The buckets kept refilling after I used one. Apperently it was enchanted or something like that.

~~~~~

I came out after I was done, and Wulf was already in bed. I jumped in bed, pulled the blanket over my body, and went to sleep. Or atleast tried. I couldn't. Around what felt like about 1:30, I jumped out of bed, and went out into the hallway. I was wondering, what if I died here. Would I die really, or would I just awake in my room, and what if we never beat the guy or, something that Chronomantique was talking about, and we never got home. And...what if I didn't want to go home! All these thoughts were pouring out into my head, so I sat on a bench in the hallway. The first time I sat to think in a while.....

~~~~~~~

Bulbasaur4
28th June 2004, 10:26 AM
Ka Tanrei
~ Archer/F ~

I had remained awake for quite some time. It didn't bother me that Raven decided to stay in a room with me, even though she seemed quite dark. Very dark... but it was the type of her personality, as if she prefurred it to be that way. Of course, the darkness didn't bother me, and thus she didn't bother me either. Her dark bird kept flying around the room like a frantic bat... and I simply watched it for some time, before it suddenly stopped and nestled down for nape, perched above where Raven now slept.

I slowly got up, decided that meditation time was over and decided to use a shower. I discarded my clothing, sliding it off until I could grab a cloth-like towel which was available in the room. Wrapping around my body, I walked outside towards the shower until I suddenly came head to head with a male figure. I recognized it easily as Wulf. Letting a slightly formal bow, I gazed up at him and appoligized.
"Sorry, you may use the shower before me." I took a step beside but he quickly countered.
"No... ladies first. I am in no rush." He was polite, but his tone seemed slightly stern in a formal, final way... so I didn't argue and quickly walked inside.
With the privacy, I slipped the cloth off my delicate skin and soon found the water. It was quite cold, compared to most showers, but I wasn't nerved by it. The cold should be welcoming... a wake up call, and just a little obstacle that could easily be ignored.
With the final flow of water over my head, I quickly dried my hair off withthe same cloth. My hair seemed straight, but it waved over a bit roughly from the cold water and the fact of being wet. I then took the now damp cloth and wrapped it around my dripping body and quickly walked out to see Wulf waiting.
"Thank you..." I said, trailing off with my soft voice as I then walked away from him towards my room. I entered, and slowly dried the rest of my body off and then crawled into bed. Normally I would have slipped on some sort of undergarment, but seeing of how there were none... and bras and my undergarment that went under my skirt were not suitable for sleeping in, I would have to make an acception. Grabbing the covers and pulling them above my shoulder, I soon closed my eyes.

~*~*~*~*~*~

The morning soon came, and I naturally woke up. Gazing out the window that offered some gaze into time, I saw that the sun's rising rays barely managed to run over the horizon. I slowly let the covers slip off of my body, as I swiftly put back on the clothing I had on earlier. I then found a brush-like device and soon went t hrough my hair, making it slightly wavy but now keen. My things were gathered, and I noticed Raven's bird eyeing me slightly as I nodded to it for no apparent reason. I then opened the door and walked downstairs towards the tavern part of the inn. Surprisingly enough, the worker was there and asked if I wanted anything. So I ordered a few things to eat, along with some tea and then I sat down and began to eat quietly.

eevee-shayna
28th June 2004, 11:57 AM
This is not your real life. You are realy a high school girl, cramming for finals. You don't belong there. Wake up. Come on. Wake up.
It was no use. I was fighting with myself, but it wasn't working. I was asleep, and when I awoke, I would be lost inside myself again. Behind a hidden locked door that I only entered when I was asleep. Although the room my true self was locked up in was no dantey's inferno, it was still slight some sort of tourcher for me to stare out of my own eyes, yet not controll what I was doing. Sometimes I slipped through, however I was still possesd. Possesd by my own crazyness and shock. And untill I got over myself, I would not have full control of the wheel. Please, I beg you wake up! You can't stay ignorant forever!

~~~Raven~~~

I embraced the sun that the traitorous moon had left me with, with a strange thought looming in my mind. but before I could grasp it, the thought had turned into a snake and slid under a door where it kept its secrets from me. I knew the door, and it was the one that held the thought I could not get to.

I blinked my ever-dark eyes, ajusting to the light that poored through a small window on the wall across from me.

I began to talk to myself as my raven flew to its favorite perch on my shoulder, "Who am I?" "Oh, Raven, of course." "Are you sure?" "As sure as death is when it's time for him to claim his victoms."

After I was convinced of myself, I stretched like a cat when it awakes from slumber, then floated up to my feet, dragging my staff with me. The raven stayed perched on my shoulder, like it had been there all its life. Had it? yes, of corse it had. I was soon walking silently down the hall in search for the bathing quarters. My hair billowed behind me like a death flag while I waked briskly down the abandon path. Though my company had not been retiring in our quarters anymore, every other vermon in our little group seemed to be in their seprete rooms.

When I found the correct room I entered while my raven flew off my shoulder and stayed in the passageway as i closed my self in the room. perhapes it left because it respected my privacy, or maybe it felt compelled to keep watch at the door. then again, maybe it didn't like to get wet, like a black cat. I smiled, pleased with my feathery companion.

Once in the bathing room, I tock advantage of the privy, then de-robed and comenced with a slightly cold washing. My long hair was so smooth that it needn't require hardly any untangling. Quite a nice trick that straight hair had. Once I was clean, I briskly dryed my pale body, then squezed some water out of my hair. I alowed my hair to remain damp. I liked wet hair, and it was a warm enough day outside, from what I'd seen through the window and felt yesterday. I put my clothes back on, including the money pouch I had been handed, and my staff.

When I emerged from the room, My trusty dark companion lept happily onto my shoulder, then began to play with my wet hair. It clung together, making dark ribon of hair hang heavily over my shoulders and back, just dry enough so it did not drip.

Having ever everything I owned already with me, I made my way to the Inn's dinning area.

No one was up and eating yet, just the way I liked it, so I made myself disapear into a shadowy courner. After A quick word with the food distributers, I was brought spiced ale and some sort of thick soup with bread. And the bread wasn't even hard or moldy.

"I give you my appreceation, good lady." I said to the woman who brought me breakfast. "Your soul has been spared by the deadly disease of selfishness, greed, and dispare that hangs in think clouds over the vermon of this town, and most." I complimented her, my words seemed to leave her distraught, however, I did not notice.

Happily I clung to the dust and gloom in the courner, as I calmly sipped my spiced ale and devored my meal. As I did so, I opened the book I, being a mage, ahd been given. By the look of it, it was a good spell, considering the thickness of the book. Us mages had all been given diferent books, so we had different spells. I had been given the heaviest book because it was on the bottom and I was last to receive a spell. I read the book eager to find what spell I would abtain.

OOC: Actually , this isn't as much like .hack// as it is like Fushugi Yugi, except instead of being in a book we're in a computer, like in Tron. No, not like Tron. Still, a lot like Fushugi Yugi.

Also, do you want to chose the spell, or should I?

Gothic Animé
28th June 2004, 08:20 PM
sorry i haven't posted in awhile, but i was waiting to see who roomed with who. it seems i'm with tony/estan.

»meji メジ«

> the inn <

as people began to pair off and go up to their rooms, i looked through the thinning crowd to see who was left. it appeared to be one whose name i did not know. he appeared to be a bit lost, and had been in the back of the crowd when we were going to the king. i walked over to him. 'hi, my name is meji, who might you be?'

"hi, my name's, uhh...estan." 'well, do you have a roommate yet? if not, could you be mine because i haven't got one,' i said, slightly embarassed. "sure, i guess so. and would you possibly explain some things to me? i was a bit preoccupied during that guy's speech." 'sure, no problem..' i said, as we made our way to our room.

> the inn, our room <

'...and that's when he handed us the pouches, and we left to come here,' i said, finishing the description of the speech and going to the king. "thanks, that clears a lot up." he said. "but, did anything seem off about that arya girl?" he asked. 'well, yeah, if you didn't hear, she was a guy.' as i said this his jaw sort of dropped. "wow, that would be...awkward." 'yes, i imagine,' i replied, glad that i wasn't in such a predicament. 'well, i'm going to take a shower before it's too late, unless you'd rather go first.' i said. "no that's fine, you go." i thanked him and went into the bathroom. when i walked in, i was half expecting a shower, a real shower. but then i remembered, this took place in the past. i sighed, and, undressing, looked around at what i had to work with. a few basins of lukewarm water, and a drain. ah, well, i took a basin and began to bathe...

15 minutes later, i came out with a towel around me. 'have fun,' i said to estan, and went over to a dresser. inside there were at least underwear. since it was a little hot, i decided not to put my robes back on. i laid in my cot, and eventually fell into a slightly fitful sleep...

Bear
29th June 2004, 08:35 AM
I actually tried to make this post before, but my dialup was being extremely unruly, and I lost the entire post when I tried to put it up. So, after crying for a few minutes, I regained my composure, and decided to come back to it the next day. Please note, this post has a detailed explanation of the source of Wulf's magic, so read carefully!

Wulf
Male Mage
~~~~~~~

I awoke early, after a somewhat restless sleep. I glanced out the window to notice the sun wasn't fully out yet. It was morning, but still dawning. Still feeling dirty after my haphazard shower the night before, I decided to go bathe myself in the river that ran near the town. I got up, grabbed a towel and clean garb, and exited the inn as quietly as I could. As I was walking toward the outskirts of town, I began to think about that book I had read last night. Mine was different than the other mages' books. Much more oddly, the material was familiar to me.
>>>Begin Explanation<<<
In my real life, I had spent the last couple years or so studying Feng Shui, and some related martial arts. In the process, I gained a great deal of knowledge on ancient Chinese philosophy, Taoism, and Geomancy. I was greatly surprised to find that the book's subject was Geomancy. As I flipped through the pages, the information came back to me. The Five Elements, Qi, balance, Ba Gua, everything I had learned. However, something was different. In my real life studies, I had not taken my learning to the next level, and attempted to apply the principles I learned to physical form. I had simply studied, not enacted. Upon reading this book, however, I came to an epiphany--I was now in control of the powers I had studied. Though this might give me a head start, it would still take alot of practice to perfect my technique.
Wulf's magic is derived directly from Geomancy, the core of which is attaining balance and harmony with one's own environment. Through this, a Geomancer gains control of the Five Elements, the basis of Feng Shui and the Geomantic philosophy. These elements, known as Water, Fire, Earth, Wood, and Metal, hold nature in balance through their movement in cycles. There are two main cycles: Creative, and Destructive. For example, I will briefly detail the Creative cycle:
Water -> Wood -> Fire -> Earth -> Metal -> Water.....
Water supplies nutrients for Wood's growth, Wood provides fuel for Fire, Fire makes ash which replenishes the Earth, Earth can be mined for ore, which can be further processed into Metal, Metal can be melted, and liquid (Water) extracted, and so on. The cycle continues endlessly, keeping nature in harmony.
Through the knowledge of these principles, and the application of Feng Shui and Geomancy, one can theoretically manipulate the Elements at their will. Granted, one must gain an extremely in-depth understanding of it to even perform the weakest magic, but its potential in power and control is enormous. This is where Wulf's magic comes from.
>>>End Explanation<<<
By this time I had reached the river. I scanned out a spot that was shallow enough to stand in, but deep enough to effectively bathe. I waded out into the middle of the river, where the current was relatively calm, and began to bathe myself. The water was clean and fresh, leaving me feel the same after I had finished. I started to make my way toward the bank where I had hung my clothes, when I heard rustling in the bushes. My head snapped up and I immediately became alert. There was no way I could make it to the bank in time to retrieve my clothing before the mystery figure broke through the brush, so I stopped where I was, submerged from the waist down. I then heard a soft, female voice say "Hello? Is somebody there?"
I almost had hoped for a monster or something. I hadn't expected to be caught naked by a female. I was still covered from the waist down though, so I just stood still and waited for the woman to emerge from the underbrush...

This encounter is open-ended, so any of you lady characters may take it up there.

VirtualPlay
29th June 2004, 11:06 PM
Okay, three words of warning: LONG POST AHEAD! I saw too many opportunities to interact/explain that I just had to keep typing.

Merenwen
~~~~~~~~
I waited until I heard the door click closed, then quickly but quietly got up. I hadn't really felt like going to bed yet, I just didn't want to deal with Arya at the moment. Besides, I had never gotten a chance to look around the room since Arya had been right behind me.

While I had no problem sleeping in underwear, I still didn't like the idea of walking around in it, even if it was just in our room. I pulled on my skirt (which didn't help much, but at least I could tell myself I wasn't naked) and walked over to the drawers I had seen earlier. I pulled open the top and saw lots of underpants for both guys and girls. I closed it, wondering why that was there, and pulled open the second drawer, this time looking in with more than just curiosity. It was full of nothing but bras. "O...kay..." I said under my breath, closing the drawer.

I heard a splash from the 'bathroom,' meaning Arya had just dumped one of the buckets over her head. I closed the second drawer and opened the third. Tank tops and undershirts. The fourth one contained socks and tights, nothing we needed. Nothing I wanted to wear either; what I had on was weird enough.

"Strange establishment here," I muttered, closing the fourth drawer and eyeing the drawers warily. Suddenly I felt a weird tingling between my legs, where I was missing something. First I thought the tingling was because I was missing it. Then I realized: I had to go to the bathroom. Another splash from the bathroom told me Arya was still using it. Throwing on my robe top, I went out of the room and knocked on the one that I remembered Estan and Meji had.

Estan, his shirt half-off, answered. "Merenwen?" he choked out. "What's wrong?"

"Can I use your bathroom?" I asked, smiling in an embarrassed way.

"Sure, ju...just don't wake Meji," he said. I practically ran in anyway, but Meji didn't stir. Two minutes later I emerged. If I thought the shower was weird, going to the bathroom took the cake. "Thanks," I said hurriedly to Estan, who had gotten undressed for his turn at getting clean and now stood in one of the towels. I didn't hear his reply, if he gave one.

When I got back to my room, I heard movement from inside the bathroom. Shutting the door quietly as I could, I walked over, stripped to my underclothes, and slipped back under the blanket of my cot. Not a moment too soon, either. Arya opened the door again, came over and poked me in the shoulder. "I need something to wear over my tits," she whispered in my ear. "Do you have anything?"

In a voice I hoped sounded overly tired, I said, "No, but there're some drawers over there...they might have something." I heard her walk over and yank open a drawer. She paused for a few seconds before closing it and walking over to her cot. Figuring she must have found the bra drawer since she looked in only one, I resettled myself and went to sleep.

~-~-~-~-~

'Agh, what a weird dream,' I thought as I woke up. It was brighter than normal. 'I must have left my curtain open.' I sat up, keeping my eyes closed. 'And my computer will be right there at the other end.'

I opened my eyes. The opposite wall stared back at me, the drawers I had looked in yesterday were against it. I felt like screaming. It wasn't just a dream, I really was stuck in a girl's body. I suddenly realized that yesterday I had kept going because of the idea of that line from The Matrix, "You have the look of someone who is accepting what he sees because he is expecting to wake up."

I heard a creak next to me and looked over to see Arya, her back to me and her blanket down almost to her waist. With a jolt I realized she hadn't put on a bra, she had gone topless overnight. Carefully, I stepped over, grabbed the blanket, and pulled it up to her shoulders again. She shuffled a bit, but didn't wake up.

Suddenly my stomach growled so loudly I thought Arya might wake up from it. Quietly I pulled on my skirt and shirt, magicked my bracelets on again (it felt weird doing magic), put on my ring, then looked at my boots and hair spheres and ties. It took me five minutes to figure out how to get my hair up, but now that I knew how, I knew I could do it faster from then on.

I started putting on my boots, but as I did some of the sun glinted off of my bracelets and I started thinking. "Wait a minute," I muttered, an idea coming to me, "I'm a mage now, and mages use...magic!" I pulled my hands up my legs and watched in amazement as the straps wound themselves around my leg. "Woah, cool," I said before doing it to my other boot.

"Huh? Whaz cool?" Arya muttered sleepily. I looked over; she was lying on her back, her head turned to me and (thankfully) her blanket still up to her shoulders.

I thought quickly, "Um, I remembered that all the food is free here. I'm going down to get some." Remembering my money pouch at the last minute, I strapped it on my waist again, grabbed my rod, and went downstairs.

Raven and Ka were already eating when I got down there. I ordered some food (go go free stuff!) sat down a couple tables over from Raven, who was in the corner, and began eating. I looked over at her and saw that she was reading something. I looked closer and saw that it was the book she had gotten yesterday. I realized, quite suddenly, that I had left my book upstairs. Forgetting about the piece of sausage I had just picked up, I jumped up, ran back to the room (almost tripping, but my balance was getting better), startled Arya as I burst into the room while she was changing, picked up my book, then ran back.

Raven stared at me as I sat down again, reading my own book. It turned out that it was a basic White Mage-esque 3-spell book. I laughed inwardly as I read what spells it taught. "Cure, Protect, and Shell. Great, so it's going Final Fantasy on us, and I've got White Mage. Oh well, at least I should get some magic attacks later on."

I turned the page and started reading what was there. It was only a couple pages of actual text to read, and it was all in some language I'd never heard before, but somehow I read it. When I had finished, I felt an odd aura inside me, like something was heating me from the inside. I guessed that meant I had learned it. I looked back at the page, but the text had disappeared from the pages. Apparently that's how it stopped people from using it more than once.

I looked over at Raven. She was looking at me too, and her bird as well. Abandoning the remnants of my breakfast, I walked over to her. Sitting down with a short greeting, I noticed immediately that her book was a little thicker than mine. "So, what did your book have?" I asked her.

"Three spells called Fire, Bolt, and Ice," she said, and I laughed inwardly again. "They seem familiar somehow, as if I had heard of them before."

"If you've played Final Fantasy you'd have." She gave me a blank stare, and I muttered a "Never mind." I looked at the book again. "Apparently it takes more to learn Black Mage skills, your book is thicker than mine. Or was," I added, opening my book to the blank pages. "I'm just glad we only had to read them, not study them."

I looked at Raven, who seemed to be giving me another blank stare. Then I realized she wasn't looking at me. Her eyes were kinda glazed over, as if she were lost in thought. After a few moments she shook her head and looked at me, the out-of-focus appearance gone. "I am sorry, I was lost in my...thoughts for a moment."

"No, it's okay. I'll...leave you alone if you'd like," and without waiting for an answer I went and picked up my rod and walked out of the inn. It was a nice day after all, and why should I waste it inside? The sun was still just peeking over the edge of the nearby mountains. Nobody else seemed to be up, which was good. I could take a walk in peace.

After about ten minutes of walking, without realizing it I found myself near a river behind some trees and bushes on the outskirts of the town. A splashing sound told me I wasn't the only one who had found it. Trying to be quiet about it, I started to walk down to the bank. Unfortunately I kicked a particularly large bush and I heard the splashing stop. 'Great, whoever's there knows I'm here,' I thought. "Hello? Is somebody there?" I asked, hoping whoever it was would say something.

When nothing answered, I crept carefully down and behind a tree. Slowly I looked around the tree. There was Wulf, standing in the middle of the river, unmistakably naked. The water covered his bottom half, but it was still not something I wanted to see. I let out a strangled yell before pulling my head back. "Wulf, what are you doing out here? You could have cleaned yourself back at the inn!"

"Well...I felt I would rather get clean naturally," he said. "I also thought nobody would be out here this early." He paused. "Um, Merenwen? Could you...er...not peek? Please? I kinda left my clothes on the bank..."

"I won't," I said with complete honesty. This was the second time I had seen one of the guys partially naked. First Estan last night, now Wulf this morning. I just got all the luck, didn't I?
~~~~~~~~
Alright, that was entirely too long. Now for a little explanation.

1: Estan was the only one who hadn't yet posted in such a way to not let me do the bathroom scene. Sorry if I played him out too much.
2: Raven blanked because I assumed the word "study" would have triggered her to recall the memory of studying for exams.
3: Sorry about not mentioning this earlier, but I was going to assume that the spell books would be read and the spells instantly set in their minds. Wulf's book I guess can be different, but I'd like Meji's to be closer to the way I thought of.
4: Merenwen is all yours, Bear. :P

Krystalline Kabutops
30th June 2004, 09:01 AM
Arya
~~~

I woke to the sound of movement. "Woah, cool," I heard Meri murmer nearby. I turned to where she was and muttered "Huh? Waz cool?" She looked over at me, startled. "Um, I remembered that all the food is free here. I'm going down to get some." Grabbing her money pouch and rod, she hurried out. Sighing, I sat up. So, this wasn't a dream after all. I really was stuck in this primitive realm with a new body. Well, weirder things had happened. At least Meri seemed to be rather accepting of me. The others had probably been sufficiently weirded out by my antics already, but it couldn't hurt to TRY to make another friend. Levering myself out of bed, I immediatly felt the early morning cold. As fast as I could, I pulled on my tunic. I heard a creak, and turned around to see that Meri was in the doorway. "Sorry, had to get my Spell Book." She said, grabbing it off of her bed. Once she had gone, I pulled on my pants, and set about tying my bandana. Once I believed it to be securely set in place, I started on my boots. They each took me a good five minutes, but eventually I thought them secure. Strapping on my bow and quiver, I left the room and walked downstairs.

Most of the others seemed to be already at the tables nearby. I recognized the muscular guy with black hair from the first day, and sat down between him and a skinny mage with dirty blonde hair. "Hi, Arya." He said once he had finished a mouthful of bread. "I don't think I caught your name earlier." I said, frowning. "Oh, I'm Estan." He replied, smiling. I looked to the small mage wearing faded green robes. "And you are...?" "Meji." He answered, revealing impeccably white teeth. "So," Said Estan as I helped myself to the sausages on his plate, "You used to be a guy?" I grimaced. If he was just another one of those guys trying to hit on me, I would just ask the king to let me stay in this village while the rest of our group goes off questing. "Man, that must really suck. I hope it isn't too bad to have..... well, you know...." He motioned to my chest. Relieved that he seemed to think of me as more than just another girl, I shook my head. "Well, they keep making me lose my balance, they're very sensitive to temperature and touch, and," I glared at all the village boys gawping at me. "I keep getting looks from all of those perverts." Meji slurped his cup of water, thinking. "Well, it's only temporary. Once we've accomplished whatever we were brought here to do, we'll all get to return home." I set my head on the table, level with Estan's plate. "For me, it can't come soon enough.

HbCharizard
30th June 2004, 03:41 PM
Arkon
~~~~~

I woke up in my bed. After thinking last night, I went to sleep in the room. I got up and went into the bathroom. I forgot. No toothbrush. Evil 17th centurary. I left and got dressed.I decieded to drop on by the breakfast hall to eat. I grabbed one of my spellbooks and went down to the hall. I reconized that girl that was a boy, and went towards her and the others sitting there.

"Well, it's only temporary. Once we've accomplished whatever we were brought here to do, we'll all get to return home." She set her head on the table.
"For me, it can't come soon enough."

"Well, I for one, don't wanna go home." I said, sitting down in a extra seat.

"You don't wanna go home?" A mage looking guy asked me. I decieded I didn't want food and put my hands around my head.

"Nope, I like this place. Remind me of Final Fantasy." I felt like a video game nerd. Heh.

"You'd feel different if you was a guy changed into a girl." The girl said.
"I never caught your name, I don't think."

"Ke....I mean, Arkon, I guess. heh. Nice ta meet ya!" I said, extending my hand.

"Arya." She replied, shaking my hand.

"I'm Eston." The muscular man said.

"Meji." The mage person said. I grabbed a sausage from Eston's plate. He looked mad.

"Lighten up, we're gonna be here a while, cuz we're gonna haveta go through duengons, caves with bats, dramatic scenes, and running out of money, so get used to what we got now, besides, it's all free." I said, stuffing the sausage in my mouth. I then grabbed the book I brought, and put my feet up on the empty chair on my side and read.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Gothic Animé
30th June 2004, 09:11 PM
»meji メジ«

> the inn, my room <

i awoke to the sun shining in my face. stretching my legs, i noticed that my covers were on the floor, and it had apparently gotten cooler during the night because i felt a little cold. i got, and then yawned. grimacing, i muttered 'morning breath...' and hopped off the cot. estan was apparently gone, so i decided to go in the bathroom and brush my teeth. as i walked over to the door, estan walked out. i was a bit startled, but then i just said, 'hey,' and walked into the bathroom. i looked at all of the drawers, and searching in each one, failed to find a toothbrush or toothpaste. and then i remembered, this was not modern times. i thought i'd die though, without brushing my teeth. i decided to head to the lobby after i got ready to see if they might have anything. i found a brush and made my hair look somewhat presentable, though i wasn't used to having to brush my hair at all. i was sure i looked a mess, but i just let it go, and grabbed my spell book, shutting the door behind me.

> the inn, lobby <

i walked over to the lady who appeared to be working there. "can i help you?" she said in an overly cheery voice. 'yeah, umm, i was wondering if you might have toothbrushes and toothpaste?' she gave me an odd look, and said, "i'm not quite sure what that is..." i groaned, and walked away, towards the cafeteria thing.

> the inn, cafeteria <

i went over to get some food, and then scanning the cafeteria, found estan. i sat down near him and began eating. arya and merenwen both came a little later and sat down beside us. estan and i greeted them both, and estan asked arya, "you're the girl who's really a guy, right?" arya gave him a terrible glare, but answered, "yes, i am." she explained the disadvantages of having a rack, as well. i reminded everyone that it was only temporary. arkon, who had come a bit later, replied, "i don't want to go back, though." though i didn't voice my opinion, i secretly agreed. though there weren't as many modern conveniences, i loved the idea of magic. that suddenly sparked a thought in my brain. my spell book! i grabbed it from the floor, and dusting it off, i opened it up and looked at all the pages. it was all written in...¿español? how odd, since this was not my native language. i shrugged, and began to read it. it appeared my magic was all earth based. i looked at the title...elementalist. i freaked. what arkon had said about this being like final fantasy was true. elementalist was also one of my favorite jobs in the game. as i read about some of the spells, i felt an odd feeling in myself, and as i finished each page it went blank. was this learning the spells? i sighed, continued reading, oblivious to what was going on around me...

eevee-shayna
1st July 2004, 09:53 AM
~~~Raven~~~

Through my 'light reading', I was unaware of the travelers filling up the room. My eyes were glued to the pages. I was half way through the book, had finished my meal, and had have a cup of spiced ale left.

Fire, Bolt, and Ice... these were to be my spells. how did that girl put it? My Black Mage spells. I would master these skills. I dispised the weakness I felt, having no power to protect me. But soon I would.

I turned the yellowed page and continued to read. Aparently the spells where produced through great mind concentration. however they also each possesed an incantation, when great mind concentration couldn't be acheaived. I quickly memorized the incantations and methods.

Finally I came to the last page. I had by now finished my drink. As I read the last sentance of the book, I felt a deep purple aura zap from the book and pulse through me, filling me with power and the black magic in which I had just obtained. Wtih the same deep purple aura, the book vanished from my hands, leaving nothing but the knowlage it had ingrained in my brain.

I then floated to my upright stance, causing my black hair and robes to tumble down my back to there full length. I had dragged my staff with me, and left my bowl and cup on the courner table. my raven was peirched happily on my left shoulder, nibbling on a chunk of bread I had offard it from my morning meal.

With a graceful stride, I made my way to the exit. Then I paused, to look around the room. The group had come in while I was unaware. they sat mostly together, talking, and plotting if I knew the human race. I believe a few were missing, but I was unsure, and not about to stand around and count there heads. Though, I felt like I was noticing the room for the first time. it was kind of dark, but not in a spooky, taverny way. just in a not-well-lighted way. Everything in the room was made from wood; the walls, tables, chairs, ect. on the entrence wall were two decorative swords layed across eachother. The room smelled of spice ond warm bread. It was easy to get comfortable in that room, however, I was leaving for a little outing.

"Sit there, cozy and obliviouse to the world around you. Be unpripared, as you so choose so, and when danger strikes, be dead. Death cares not about mercy, and though he is your friend, you must fight him. Death strikes like the rain, anywhere and anytime. You are all viceroy butterflys, pretending to be the common Monarchs of this land, but you are no monarchs. I will be around the bend, if one so calls." I said to my fellow comrads, before leaving the room, my hair still damp and unable to form its usual death cape.

I entered the lobby, then left that room to enter the outside. Once outside, I continued to walk along the Inn's walls untill I was behind the Inn, next to the stables. the smell of hourses and fresh hay filled my lungs when I walked by the stables. Only when I was a bit distanced from the stable and Inn did I stop. My eyes gazed at the feild I had choosen. satisfied, I shut my dark eyes, and concentrated. I cleared my mind of thoughts, and became detached from the area around me. once my mind was like a blank piece of paper, I allowed the first spell to be acknowlaged in my mind; Fire. I though about fire, how it crackled and lept. about its warm orange, red, and yellow glow, with a hint of blue or white. How it spreadlike a disease. The way it filled its lungs with oxygen, and dispised water. Fire. From what I learned from the book, I began to build a fire. wood, flint and stone, a spark, a mere ember awaiting life. it grew by licking at the dry twigs before it. satisfied, it grew, untill it was strong enough for it to be called fire.

I then opened my eyes, uncaring of the bright sun overhead that tested my eyes. Concentrating with every fiber of my being, I began to transmit my mental image into real life. My brain began to ache is it was put to this chalange. I could feel sweat trickle down my brow. My hair and robe began to flap, as if a strong wind had blown against them. I could hear the hourses winny in protest to my magic.

I thought only of my fire, and forgot my seroundings. suddenly a deep purple smog serounded my feet. I stared at a spot five feet away from me. some purple aura began to swirl in the spot my eyes pinted to. And then another color emerged from the purple smog, the color orange. I smiled at my embef and concentrated harder. it was soon accompanied by read, then yellow. the colors held eachother in there arms, afraid of the deep purple smog that they were in the middle of. overcoming there fear, the colors began to grow, larger and larger untill they became a tourch sized fire.

Content, I broke of from my concetrarion, then grabbed a large stick nearby. I held one end of the stick to my fire, which hungerly lept onto the stick. I then proped the stick up by sucuring it into the ground. I then sat next to my fire, a bit drowzy from my experiance.

My raven made soothing noises in my ear, proud of my acomplishment. I began to stroke the dark bird happily, and stared with deep pride at my creation.

~~~~
OOC: about the aura thing, I don't know anything about final fantasy, but in Tamura Peirce books, her characters produce a color aura when using magic. each person with the abiltiy of magic has their own special color of aura. so that where that came from.

also, if you're confused by the way raven speaks or sees things, just ask and i'll explain. it all has meanings, she just has her own way of saying things.

Bulbasaur4
1st July 2004, 11:52 AM
Poor Ka... left all anti-social like. ^^

Ka Tanrei
~*+ Archer/F +*~

Silently, I finished off the meal that I had choosen for breakfast. It wasn't much... more so it consisted of fruits and tea. Sighing, I gazed about and saw many others around talking to each other. A few were reading their 'mage' books... and I silently recalled a bit of the book I had recieved last night.
Animalia Tongues
A very peculiar title... at least I thought, until I began to read it. It was all about the Animal languages... how to speak to them. It startled me at first, since I thought that Archers like myself had magical abilities to enhance their bows. PErhaps it was a mistake... but for whatever reason, I had hungrily read all of it and it made me feel as if there was a whole new meaning for staying in this place. Animals were such beautiful creatures... why not know their language? In the back of the book, was a little note... it was almost eerie as well. In the note, it spoke of a few minor incantations that would enhance an Archer's bow with the usage of animalia words or noises. Only a few enhanced a bow however....

"This is all so strange..." I mumbled to myself. I half expected some one to say, "What did you say?" but nothing of that sort happened. Still mumblings around me... none directed towards me.
This is not normal for me... usually I'm so social, but now I'm a brooding angst waiting to happen.
I sighed, getting up and quickly walking out of the inn with more then just a taste for fresh air.

Maybe I should just get away... away from the whole group. I can go off on my own, and let them deal with whatever they were meant to deal. That would be better... yes, much better.
I thought to myself, and just as I was walking away from the inn with determination in my eyes, I felt a tugging at my heart.
Adjusting my eyes, I turned around to see a bit of smoke rising... and tilting my head to the side I almost felt a panic arise inside of me. But it wasn't my panic... no... it was some one else's. Many panic feelings coming from that direction...
Maybe I'll leave another time.
I thought swiftly, as I took off in the direction. It was indeed amazing how fast I had become... and I almost felt like Legolas from the Lord of the Rings, as I leapt towards the area of the smoke, which was surprisingly near the inn.
It was there I saw Raven... almost sleeping it seemed, but drifting off in thought. She was by a torch, but some how a fire tendril next to her seemed to leap towards the strewn hay that was upon the ground, most likely blown from the stables. The whole stable now had been upon fire... and I understood now. The panic feelings were from the horses inside.
"Raven... RAVEN!" I yelled, shaking her as her eyes seemed to lift from the fog that glazed over them as she gazed at me.
" There's a fire... we need water, please get it?"

With that I looked towards the stables, and I ran into the firey inferno. Once inside, I held my forearm over the top of my eyes to try to shield from some of the smoke that stung at my eyes. Turning my head about... I saw that there were probaby about 8 or so horses in the stable. With out even looking, I quickly started unlatching each horse from the outside... working my way in. All of the horses seemed to instantly run out of their firey cage... running outside with quick ease. I kept running and unlatching... making sure they all ran out until I finally came towards the last two horses.
The fire was intense... strong, curiously strong as I quickly leapt away from a falling firey ball of fire. I unlatched the second to last horse.. but it was too frightened to come to the front.
"Come on! You gotta get out or you'll die..." I called, but the horse gave a whinny of protest, as if saying it was cooler where it was. I clambered inside of it's stable area, and quickly I grabbed a piece of my skirt and ripped a long piece of it off. Wrapping it around the horse's eyes, I pulled on it to come. Feeling my presense near, it seemed to feel safer... so thus it followed, until finally it was out of it's stable and I jerked the piece of cloth away from it.
"Run!"
The horse then cantered out swiftly... until I heard a shriek from the last remaining horse. Jerking my head about swiftly, the beautiful silvery-dusted black horse had fire enter it's stable area. I practically jumped towards it, and backing up I ran through the fire swiftly. It burned my skin slightly as I reached it, and with out thinking I clambered onto the back of the horse.
You must run... you must run through the fire in order to make it out alive. Don't be afraid... jump over what you're afraid of and just run.
I tried to whisper comforting words the ear of the horse, and with another sound of falling wood the horse instantly reered up and I struggled to hold on.
no no! Be calm! RUN!
With that, the horse took off... jumping slightly over the fire and then turning to go outside. I noticed that the fire towards the front seemed to be blackening and hissing as if it were being put out... and soon the horse and I broke free of the stable and the sunlight instantly hit us. I slowed the stallion down, and then leapt off to see those in our group. I noticed a few of the mages must have known watery techniques... and the others that didn't had recieved water from else where. I sighed, not saying a word as I noticed the horses seemed to be huddled together next to the inn by themselves. They obviously were trained not to leave the area with out a rider...
I walked over to them, the silvery-dusted black stallion following, and I smiled at them as I patted their necks slightly.
"It's all over... don't worry."
With that, I turned around, gazing at the fire was being placed out.

(I figured that since we're all a little new to the powers, that accidents would happen. ^^ )

eevee-shayna
1st July 2004, 01:51 PM
oops. i didn't mean to be so close to the stabe. i guess the fire was stronger then I thought. hehe. *backs away* umm... sorry horses! *pets the hourses* i didn't mean to scare ya!

IC:
~~~Raven~~~

I felt awful for the horse. horses were innocent and pure of heart. I had a foundness for animals because they excepted their fates, and were far wiser then given credit for.

I helped distinguish my newborn fire, and soon it was no more. I had succeded in producing a flame through my magic, however, I still needed to work on controlling it. I had read in the book that this was possible, to make my fire do my bidings. Still, I would need practic my new gift to be able to do so. I decided to work on mastering fire before continuing on to the next spell; bolt.

I could see a small crowd had formed that was made up of our traveling companions. The girl I had borded with, whom I had some respect for, was tending to the horses she had saved. I ignored the groups suspicious gaze and headed to the horses.

When I reached them, they jolted somewhat, slitely in fear of the fire I had produced.

I stood still for a few moments,allowing them to get used to my presence. The girl was among them, and though I did not speack to her at first, I gave her a reasuring smile, then gazed upon the eyes of the horses, feeding their eyes with kindness and warmth that was in my eyes. Slowly I held up a hand, making sure to make no sudden movements.

After a pause, one brave stead stepped forward, and after studying me, the horse smelled my aroma and nibbled playfully at my hand with his lips.

I walked up slowly to the cautious horse, and brought my hand to his head and stroked his dark brown nose.

"Oh noble stead, how gourgiose your are. How beautiful your essence and pure your heart. You are like a river, strong and on going, yet soft and gentle to other creatures. The wind caresses your mane and sends it flapping in the air, like a flag of freedom and peace. The honar of being in your great pressence is greater then to be knighted by the king. Magnifacent beast, except my humble words." I said to the horse, as I stroked it's soft, sun bathed fur.

While petting the horse who had chosen me to pet it, I looked up at the girl, and asked her, "May I have your name, noble lady, who's heart has been softened by the kindness of animals?"

Though I had roomed with hr, I did not know her name. The horses seemed to have taken a fond to her, which rose my respect in her behalve. I trusted animals to choose peole who could be trusted.

VirtualPlay
16th July 2004, 08:43 AM
Oh come on, don't let this die! I don't want to lose yet another RPG to the "void of no posting."

And if you're wondering why I'm not posting, it's because I'm waiting for Bear to post. Maybe I'll go get 'someone' to bug him (hehe).

Gothic Animé
16th July 2004, 12:09 PM
»Meji メジ«

As I was sitting and reading my book, I had smelled smoke. Ka ran in, and began telling everyone what was happening. Apparently, someone had started a fire in the horses' stable. I ran out with the rest of the group, and saw the blaze had become very fierce indeed. Remembering all that I had read, I muttered 'Sliprain...' A large ball of water shot from my hands, dousing part of the fire. I ran around the barn, using the same spell to help put out the fire. Those incapable of magic had buckets. To save some people the hassle of running to the river and back, I decided to fill peoples buckets with water using my magic.

After awhile, the fire had been put out, and the horses saved. I saw Ka and Raven talking to each other. I walked among the horses, using the Earth Heal spell I had just learned. Accidentaly, I had slipped up and used Heavy Dust on one, which had left the horse covered in a pile of dirt. I jumped back, surprised. But I cleared the dirt away, and continued. Merenwen was helping me as well, for she had apparently become a White Mage. Closely following her was Arya. I laughed inwardly, seeing that Arya hadn't yet left Merenwen's side...

Krystalline Kabutops
21st July 2004, 08:08 PM
Can't think of anything to post ATM, just bumping this...

Bear
21st July 2004, 09:52 PM
AIEEE! Sorry ladies and gents, I been working 72 hours a week for the last month, so I've had literally NO time to post. Here's one to hopefully get back on track...

Wulf
Mage - M

Merenwen was kind enough to turn around while I got my clothing. I waded the rest of the way out of the river, dried myself, and quickly put on my garb.
"You may turn around now, Merenwen." I said to her. She turned back to face me.
"I'm sorry I intruded on you like that, I heard the noise, and I wasn't sure what it was." she explained.
"It's of no consequence. I heard you coming, so I stopped where I was so as to avoid you having to see me completely naked." I replied. I sensed there was something...odd about her. The way she apologized was different than I expected. Instead of having a tone of slight embarassment, as most women would, she sounded more like she was uneasy, like the sight of a half-naked man frightened her. She sounded more like...how a guy would react. I looked at her and I said very frankly "You weren't a woman in your real life, were you?"
She jerked her head back toward me, eyes widened a bit.
"What? W-what are you talking about?"
"You may be able to fool the younger ones, but you can't fool me. I've seen the way you act, move, and so forth. It's not as obvious as it is with Arya, but you can definitely see subtle differences in your behavior. You hide it well, but not well enough for these old eyes." I smiled as understanding a smile as I could, so as not to shock her too badly. She started to say something to deny, but she stopped. She sighed, and said "Very well. You are correct, Wulf, I was not a female in my real life. I was a boy."
"Don't be ashamed, I won't look at you or treat you any differently than I did before." I replied, trying to sound comforting. Merenwen looked back at me, and smiled slightly.
"Yeah, thanks."
"Well, on that note, I'm all clean. Why don't we head back into town and meet up with the others? I'm sure they're all awake and ready to go by now." I suggested.
"Yeah, let's go." She replied, starting to walk back up the path toward the town.

I took a little liberty with your character, VP. If you object to Wulf knowing about the "secret", I'll edit my post. But in any case, you can feel free to take some liberties of your own :).

Oh, on another note, I'll be out of town starting this Sunday (July 25th) and won't be back until Thursday, August 12th. Just letting y'all know so you don't get worried. I give B4 or VP permission to briefly control my character, just so he stays up with the action.

VirtualPlay
22nd July 2004, 02:05 AM
Well, aside from the fact that my character doesn't speak like that (she'd speak more modernly), I don't mind that she'd tell Wulf.

I'll get a post up sometime soon, hopefully…really tired rignt now.

eevee-shayna
24th July 2004, 08:16 AM
OOC: sorry for not posting in awhile. i'm just waiting for B4 to post. its no fun talking to yourself all the time. just so you know, i haven't given up on this rpg. its the summer and usually that means people are busy or on vacation. it'll hold through.

Krystalline Kabutops
29th July 2004, 05:23 PM
K..... I'm kind of lost, so I'll just post AFTER the fire scene, assuming that everyone will get in the same time period with their posts eventually :/

Arya-Archer-Female
<><><><><><><>

I sat down by the stables, and took a slurp from a nearby water bucket. I was wet, scorched, and my eyes were watering from the smoke, but the fire had been put out. Hefting myself up onto my feet, I did my best to squeeze the water from out of my clothes. They were left uncomfortably damp, but at least they weren't clinging to me anymore. I walked over to Meri, who was nearby talking to Wulf. Tapping her on the shoulder, I inquired "Hey, that Chrom-whatever guy said that we could get free stuff in this town, right? Well, you want to go into to to see what there is to get? I need a haversack to carry things in, myself." She nodded. "Sure, why not. Wulf, you want to come?" He nodded, smiling. "Well, I'm not doing anything else, so I guess I can come." With that, the three of us set off down the main road, to see what the shops had to offer.

VirtualPlay
15th August 2004, 01:05 AM
Sorry about the delay in getting this post up…too much came up, all on top of a nasty bout of Writer's Block. But fortunately, I'm past the WB and I had a couple hours to just type and so I have this out. Enjoy! :P

Merenwen
~~~~~~~~
Alright, let's recap the past few hours using a little thing called "good point, bad point."

Good Point, I found somebody. Bad Point, it was Wulf, naked in the river. Good Point, I managed to avoid a weird situation. Bad Point (I guess), Wulf saw through my "girl" act and now knows about me. Good Point, he isn't acting awkward around me. Bad Point, we walk back to find a fire raging around the stables. Good Point, it was a small fire and easily extinguishable.

Well that's good, more GPs than BPs. Of course, that one does little to offset the constant problems of "I'm a girl now" and "I'm in a strange world" and "I've got another guy-turned-girl hanging off of me and expecting me to teach her about being a girl."

At least we weren't dead. Yet. Plus we got free stuff in the shops here.

"Wow, look at all this stuff," Arya was saying, scanning the shelves. I found myself by the jewelry, Wulf nearby. With a meaningful look at Wulf and a slight head nod at Arya, I tried to get the message that what I was about to do was to keep Arya comfortable with the idea that I was a girl. He nodded silently, which seemed to be his only way of nodding.

"You're right, Arya, look at these earrings…kinda makes me wish I had pierced ears." I probably should have thought that through, but I didn't expect what came next.

"Hey, they do piercings here, Meri!" I heard Arya. "You could get pierced ears." Slowly, shocked, I turned and saw Arya standing next to a sign that said, "Ear Piercings — FREE today only!"

"Talk about Deus Ex Machina," I muttered before saying the second stupid thing I had said since we got to the store, "I'll get mine done if you get yours done." I was not expecting her to say, "Um, okay!"

~-~-~-~-~

Half an hour later, we walked out of the store, my ears hurting a lot less than I thought they would have. I had gotten a pair of small red 'button' earrings, simply because they were the only thing that matched that I felt I could deal with. Arya got a pair of simple gold rings. Arya also picked up a couple spells for her archer class, as well as the bag she said she needed. I had also gotten a small bag and it took me a while to realize that Arya had gotten almost the same bag as me. I don't think Wulf got anything, but he might have; I wasn't watching him shop.

Speaking of Wulf, he had been very true to his word that he wouldn't think any different of me upon learning my secret. As we were leaving the shop, he asked, "Are you alright, Merenwen?" with that voice that says 'there is no possible way I could be mocking you with what I'm saying.'

"Y-yeah, thanks," I replied. "They don't really hurt, I thought they would. Well, you learn something new every day, huh?" I added, flashing my witty smile. I was pretty sure I saw him give me one back.

"Yes, I guess you do," he said, as calmly as he always said stuff. For a few seconds I considered trying to get Wulf to lighten up and act more open, but then I realized that I actually liked him like this. He didn't ask too many questions, and he was very accepting.

"Hey Meri, are we gonna go?" Arya half-snapped, and suddenly I realized that Wulf and I had been standing right outside the shop for the past couple minutes.

"Oh, yeah! Sorry, got a bit sidetracked there," I apologized, and started walking back towards where the others had been.
~~~~~~~~

Krystalline Kabutops
15th August 2004, 04:54 PM
Arya
(-)

As we walked through the town, I stopped to look in the windows of an interesting shop. Motioning to Wulf and Meri that they should come in with me, I entered. After a few minutes of scanning the shelves, I commented "Wow, look at all this stuff!" Meri nodded, looking at the shelf I was exaimining. "You're right, Arya, look at these earrings…kinda makes me wish I had pierced ears." I looked at the side of the shelf, to discover a sign that was offering free ear peircings. "Hey, they do piercings here, Meri! You could get pierced ears." I exclaimed, trying to be helpful. "Talk about Deus Ex Machina. I'll get mine done if you get yours done." She replied, watching me intently. I weighed the pros and cons mentally. On one hand, this was supposed to be all temporary, but on the other hand, it might hurt significantly. It WOULD help my standing with the people in our party who had recoiled when I mentioned that I used to be a guy, but if I was willing to do ear piercings, what would follow next? I shook the thought off, thinking They're just earrings..... It's not like I'm getting engaged or something. Trying to sound as enthusiastic as I could, I replied "Um, okay!"
-`-`-`-`-`-`-`-`-`-`-`-`-`-`-`-`-`-`-`-`-`-`-`-`-`-`-`-`

As we exited the shop, I was coming to regret my decision. My ears were throbbing, and I had let the pushy saleswoman convince me to get a pair of golden rings. The feeling of having something hanging from my ear felt foreign, and I wasn't sure I liked it. And of course, I couldn't take them out until they had healed to a point that they wouldn't close immediatly after removal of the earrings. Still, it wasn't ALL bad. I had obtained a few spells as well, and a haversack that hung comfortably from my left shoulder. It was made of a blue-tinted leather, with a pattern embroidered on it. It looked to me like some winged creature, but beyond that I was still struggling with figuring out the specifics. I turned around, to see Meri and WUlf still at the door, talking about something. Hands on my hips, I snapped at her. "Hey Meri, are we gonna go?" She looked over at me, seeming to be a bit flustered. "Oh, yeah! Sorry, got a bit sidetracked there," She replied as we walked back to the inn.

As we walked, I stayed a little ways ahead of her and Wulf. I had the strangest feeling in my stomach as I turned to look at them from time to time. Could it be.... jealousy? No, of course not. What reason did I have to be jealous? The fact that she and Wulf seemed happy together? I was still a guy (At least mentally), and I had been a straight guy... As I turned my eyes to the other people on the path, I noticed all the guys looking at me (Although mostly at my chest), and realized what it was that was bothering me. To anyone who looked, it seemed that Wulf and Meri were a couple, and therefore that she wasn't up for grabs. I, on the other hand, was to all appearences, up for grabs. I found this out all too well as I rounded a corner, ahead of Meri and Wulf, when a group of teenage boys circled me. The leader, while big and strong, didn't seem to be the smartest of the bunch. "Hey sweetie, why don't ya hang with us fo a while? We could rent a room, snuggle down, you know...." He laughed, the rest of the group following his lead. I noticed that he had wrapped his arm around my back, and his hand seemed to be preparing to take a dive into my shirt. "Er, no thanks, I'm afraid I already have plans for the afternoon." I replied, trying not to show any signss of fear. "Aw, c'mon. I'm sure you could make some room in your scheduale for me..." He replied, slipping his hand into my shirt and over my breast. I decided that this had gone far enough. I punched him in the nose, knocking him back a few feet. He felt his nose, looked at the blood on his hands, and roared "GET 'ER!" The rest of the group was all too willing to oblige. Two of them grabbed my hands and pulled them behind my back, while the rest felt around my person. Their hands went into my shirt, into my bag, my pockets, my pants.... As I felt the telltale movement of probing fingers on my thigh, I decided that it was time to test out a spell I had obtained from the shop. Focusing on the arrows I had in my quiver, I concentrated on them, muttering the words that would produce the desired affect. The boys all froze, seemingly paralyzed. As I pulled my hands loose and extricated their hands from my clothes, Meri and Wulf FINALLY turned the corner. "Where were you two?!" I asked indignantly. "We were talking, don't get all riled up!" Meri replied haughtily. "Say.... Arya, what happened? Who are these guys?" Wulf asked, looking over my shoulder at the group of frozen boys. I shrugged. "Just a few jerks who tried messing with the wrong girl," I replied. "C'mon, maybe they're serving lunch at the inn! I need to get my money pouch anyway." I called to them as I ran ahead, laughing. I had no idea WHY I was laughing, after just having had a very scary experience. Maybe it was the estrogen at work.

Bulbasaur4
16th August 2004, 02:32 PM
Ka Tanrei
~*+ Archer/F +*~

I gazed at the horses that seemed a bit shaken up, but in speaking to them soon they quieted down a bit and seemed more pleased that they were all safe. It was then I noticed my 'room mate', the one called Raven. She seemed to be in tune with animals as was I, and it pleased me that she actually approached me and the horses. It was then she asked my name... and for a second I was a bit taken aback. The person I thought least likely to seek out my name, and there she was.

" My name is... Ka Tanrei, may I ask of yours?"
She gazed softly at one of the dark brown horses, with a thick mane of ebony as she nodded towards me.
"Raven."

I nodded again, just as the sight of Wulf, Merewen and Arya came.
They had been gone all this time?
They obviously might have been a bit shocked at the sight of the burned, singed building and their faces were easily readible.

"The stables were set upon fire on accident, but every one is safe."
I answered their question easily enough, as I patted one of the sable-coated horses and it seemed to snort as if to confirm what I had said.

I looked to Raven, and then at everyone who seemed not to know what to do.
"Let's get moving... I want to get out of here and on our way."
I said roughly, patting the strongest looking stallion with a sable coat, and strong yet loyal eyes of oddly blue.
" I think I'll take him as well."

eevee-shayna
16th August 2004, 05:08 PM
I nodded at learning the young woman's name. Ka... her face shouted it, yet her heart regected the name. Strange. As my own body told me that i was Raven, and yet the word was not a piece from the same puzzle that led to the secrets hidden behind a door in my mind.

I shook my head, clearing it from my short meditation. "I... Am Raven." I spoke in a whisper, more to my naging mind then to any other. However, the hourse that stood before my humble pressesnce seemed to listen. He bobbed his head then nudged my hand a bit. I continues to stroke his glorious, thick, dark coat, then stared into his eyes. His gentle but strong eyes seemed to recognize my pressence, even accept me. I happily stroked the beautiful beast's mane and back as I walked to it's side. Feeling sure, I grabbed hold of his side and in one quick motion, I gracefully lept on to it's back. I sat thankful that the hourse had understandingly stood still. This fine hourse would need a saddle. As I sat, my cloth and hair draped smoothly down the magnifacent beast's back and sides. I somehow felt like I belonged on this noble horse.

I was already used to this beast and silently claimed him as mine. "Off my beauty." I said as I comanded it with a slap above its tail. soon we were moving, feeling as one spirit gliding across the earth. I was only half aware of the group I was suposevly apart of. The joy of horse riding filled my heart. My loyal bird held on with sharp claws to my cloak and braced itself from the wind.

I stopped in front of the group and said to any of them who would lend an ear to my soft voice "I will meat you latter in the day after my day of shopping has been complted. If you would be so kind, when the Inn Keepers ask about this fine horse, tell them he has claimed me as his rider." And ith a slight bow, I turned the horse around and headed into the market.

Upon arrival in the town squar where the shoppes stood there ground, I dismounted my horse. I put a hand on its mane and gided it to a nice shoppe where fine hand crafted saddles were slod and bardered.

"Excuse me good sir, but on the half of the King and the quest I have been set upon, may i have a sturdy saddle for this noble stead?"

The shoppe keeper looked at me, then with a nod he pulled out a few saddles and began to place them on my stead to determin the proper fit. The dark horse seemed to enjoy the attention, and finally pointed at one with his long nose. the man picked up the chosen saddle and placed it upon the horses back. The light and sturdy leather saddle was well crafted and seemed to mold perfectly on the horses back when placed there. The color matched well, and both me and the beast were pleased.

"We thank you for your craft and time." I said, then led led the horse away to purches some more essentials. I gathered much dry foods, a map of all the lands in this world, a canteen filled with water, food for the horse, a comb for the horse as well as one for me, and a spell inhancing braclette for each wrist. The seller said it focased ones magic energy so it was more controlled by the user, and more powerful.

At last I felt ready. While returing to the Inn I had stayed at with the group, a crossed the path of a group of no-good boys. the one whom held himself higher then the rest, I presumed to be the leader, had a freshly broken nose. Seeing me they started to aproch me, grinning stupidly as if on there way to have some "fun".

"Hold your ground right there you verman, or you will leave here with much worse then a broken nose!" I spit at them.

"Is that so?" one said as the bunch continued to aproach. feeling I had given them a resonable warning, I closed my eyes and picture a strong flame. My eyes then shot open, the picture of the fire upon them. a strong Purple wind blew my hair and cloak. At this point, the boys had been scared by my show and were already running. I closed my eyes to extinguish the fire, then with a smile I returned to the Inn.

Bear
18th August 2004, 12:48 PM
Wulf
~~~~

The day was shaping up to be an odd one indeed. From being caught naked in a river, to watching two "guys-in-girls-bodies" get their ears pierced, to seeing Arya freeze a throng of horny teenagers, I almost wondered what other excitement could possibly happen. As we walked along the street, the Inn came into view. I could see a small group already gathered there, most of the others from our original group. I spotted Ka and Raven talking, and I saw Meji coming up the hill from the other direction. I noticed that Arya kept looking back at Merenwen and I, then turning quickly back around. I could tell she was a bit unsettled (one of a Geomancer's inherent abilities is to sense the Qi of another person, being able to tell a limited amount about their emotional state). I leaned over to Merenwen and whispered to her.
"I think Arya suspects the two of us of 'fraternizing'."
Meri's eyes got a bit bigger, not only shocked at Arya's assumption, but a little queasy at the thought of being flirtatious with another guy. She looked like she could puke right there.
"You think so?" She finally choked out.
"She keeps looking at us in a weird way. You might want to talk to her." I replied. The thought of what Arya was pondering didn't exactly make me feel at peace either. Under normal circumstances, I might have found Merenwen and Arya attractive. However, knowing that they were both male in their other world was just too...strange. But that didn't stop me from being friendly. It was just somewhat of a challenge to speak to them. Do I speak to them like I would another guy? Or do I speak to them as a woman? I had to put the thought on hold, as we had reached the inn where the others were gathered. Nobody really seemed like they knew what to do next. I decided to pipe up.
"Hey, who's hungry? I hear the food the inn serves is quite good." I pointed at the small building adjacent to the Inn.
"I am!" Arya responded, sounding almost excited. She immediately started walking toward the café. I followed, and the others slowly began to move that way as well.

VirtualPlay
26th August 2004, 11:30 AM
Merenwen
~~~~~~~~
Well, the walk back from the store was a bit uneventful. That is, supposing you consider Arya knocking out a plethora of boys looking for trouble normal. So no, nothing eventful.

We kept walking, Arya a few paces ahead of me, Wulf one pace behind. Well, maybe half a pace behind me. Arya kept looking back at me, or maybe back at Wulf, and for a while I couldn't figure out why she didn't slow down and walk with us. Then Wulf leaned over (being short bites) and whispered the obvious reason in my ear.

"I think Arya suspects the two of us of 'fraternizing.'"

I didn't need a translator to know what he implied by "fraternizing." He meant he thought Arya thought Wulf and I were together. As in more than just friends. I suddenly felt sick. Not sick like I was gonna puke, but sick like I was nervous, anxious, and scared all at once.

"You think so?" I managed to choke out. He nodded.

"She keeps looking at us in a weird way. You might want to talk to her." I looked up at him. Well, it wasn't like Arya had no reason to suspect this; even though I didn't have the girl's instinct of finding 'cute' guys, I could tell that Wulf wasn't exactly unattractive. Still, the thought made me sick again.

I started thinking of what I could tell Arya, how I could tell her without her being suspicious of me. We walked the rest of the way in silence, though Arya kept looking back every now and then. After a couple minutes we met up with the rest of the 'group.' It was Wulf who spoke up and suggested we eat. Of course, Arya was all excited about the idea. Wulf followed right behind her, and the others started moving too.

"Wulf," I said under my breath, meaning to say something else. That's when something clicked. Something from the real world. Like the fact that I knew only one person on the RPG forums who used the name "Wulf" for his characters. That's when I thought of a different way out of this predicament of talking to Arya. But it would mean certain sacrifices and a lot of role-playing.

But isn't that what we were: role-players?

~-~-~-~-~

"Wulf," I said again, this time within earshot of him. And within earshot of only him. "Don't take this the wrong way, but play along."

He looked confused, which was to be expected. "Play along? With what?"

"Arya," I mumbled, watching as she came back from the restroom, looking slightly disturbed as she had the first night. Wulf still looked confused. "As in pretend we are 'fraternizing.'"

That got a better reaction out of him. He did a double take, which would have been amusing if the situation wasn't so urgent. For once he seemed lost for words. "W-why, Merenwen?"

"Three reasons," I said, taking another bite. "One, I'm not sure I can explain to Arya without revealing too much. Two, it would play in with the illusion that I really am a girl, the illusion I want to keep up. And three," I paused, "because I know you're able to play the role."

Arya was getting closer; she had been sitting next to me so I had to hurry. I quickly explained more, "I don't mean like intimate stuff, I'm talking about simple stuff: talking, walking together, not going any further than holding hands." I stole a final glance at Arya. "You don't have to if you don't want to, just I think it might be an alternative, one we all could live with for now. So what do you say?"
~~~~~~~~
Alright, there's my revivifying post for this RPG. now let's all keep it alive, ne?

Bulbasaur4
26th August 2004, 01:38 PM
Ka Tenrai

It was at that time... right after I had spoken, that the one I knew to be Wulf came and suggested to eat at the inn. I blanked, standing still as if I had been petrified and staring... nothing but staring at him with my liquid eyed-gaze. Did KNOW ONE hear my suggestion? Did know one care about the supposed things we had to take on, and most likely soon?

I feel like an outsider... like I don't know anyone here. But I do... I recognize their descriptions, I recognize them by their names! They've role played with me before! Do they not know who I am?

I frowned, and as everyone headed back into the tavern I peered inside. Yes, the one named Wulf was obviously him... the name Wulf was not exactly some thing original that I did not recognize. Merewen... in the beginning, the awkwardness... the name... I recognized him too. Actually, there were only a few more that gave sublte clues... hints as to who was behind them. Of course there were those that I did not recognize, but those that I did... THAT's when I saw it. I saw 'Merewen' and 'Wulf' ... .... hitting on each other?

"What madness is this?" I said outloud, a little too loud so that a few could hear me.
" Does no one remember WHO or WHAT they really are? We are in skins... in characters that must be played out, yes... but we are the same people inside! Does no one know anyone else besides by their hidden name?"

With that I pulled my head out of the tavern. Briskfully I walked towards where the horses were being tended to by one of the tavern workers. The cool breeze picked up lightly as I forced myself not to have tears from my eyes. I felt so lost... ever since I was flung into this world, I felt like a loner, like I didn't belong and no one cared.
Well then... I don't care... I thought bitterly, bitting my lip lightly as I reached the worker.
"My name is Ka Tenrai... I wish to claim this horse as my own. If your owner has a problem with it, tell him to s peak to the king but I need it."

The worker knew me, knew my name, which still was unsettling as I let a shrill whistle out. The black, beautiful stallion instantly recognized my call and let out a playful whinny as he canter over to me. Bowing his head I rested my hand upon him only for a second...
"No time to waste, I will go."
I easily leapt upon his back with the skills to rival my own elven idol. There was no sadle but bareback was not difficult for me or this new body.
< Let us swiftly ride. >
The horse gave a shrill of a call of joy... obviously the horse liked to run upon it's own and it instantly galloped off, a trail of dust with in it's wake.

The city passed by me in a rush... my hair blowing in the wind as my eyes stung slightly from the lingering tears. Soon they disappeared however, the rush of the wind aiding that act. After a brief few minutes we managed to escape the city limits and plunge into the beyond. Green valleyed grass seemed to roll up too us, as towering mountains in the distance seemed to let it be known they were there. The sun hung slightly towards east, showing that it probably was around 11 o'clock... for it was only very slight.
< What is your name? Mine is Kal-well... call me Ka >
The horse gave a snort and seemed to prance a bit as it whinnied out, and I seemed to understand. Sondrak.
< Very handsome name for such a fine stallion. >
The horse seemed to like the compliment as we rode on, until suddenly in front of us was an odd creature... a beast rather. Sondrak gave a shrill and I recognized the cry... so this beast was a part of the monsters, like in many fantasy games.

With ease I leapt off, strangely fear had left me and with instinct I summoned my bow with a finely crafted arrow. The creature wriggled like a snake... but however it had two lizard-like legs in front, along with demonical eyes. Oh... yes... how fun.

With out waiting, the beast tried to attack not at me... but rather at Sondrak. Instantly I let my arrow fly, and surprisingly I was a good aim and it hit the creature in the neck. It hissed and coughed, slithering towards me with surprising speed as I let a gulp escape and tried to back away as fast as I could. It would get me however... obviously not needing oxygen for a few more minutes. With out thinking I felt my side pocket and there was the dagger I had described for my archer- a back up if you will. Tearing it loose and whipping around, I instantly slashed at the creature by pure instinct - gashing it's eye enough to send it reeling in pain. Dropping the dagger I quickly grabbed another arrow and strung it back... and released, this time aiming for the kill shot.

The arrow seemed to split the air as it made contact, easily puncturing the fleshy skin of the reptillian and most likely hitting the brain from the side. I withdrew a breath and picked up my dagger, cleaning it with the grass and putting it away. GAzing at Sondrak I smiled lightly, my hair wavering slightly.
"Perhaps we should let you rest here... simply for the fact I'd like to view my surroundings and perhaps make a few arrows."

The horse gave a whinny and tromped off just a little ways to a stream. I sat down near a lone tree and let a few of my supplies fall in front of me. There inside were a few arrow-making tools, equipped with some willow wood and feathers... even a few small, seemingly weight-less rocks.

Withdrawing a deep breath, I started to string them together... as Sondrak occasionally came by to stare at my work, and then canter off again to eat or so.

eevee-shayna
30th August 2004, 02:21 PM
§~~Raven~~§

I snuck into the Inn, avoiding the flock's eyes and minds, and gathered a large meal in a potato sack from the kitchen. I supose the cooks at the Inn had in mind that I was going out for a picnic with a few friends, or something.

I snuck out with the same slick stelth and returned to my noble stead; a fine stallion strong and brave. I had a mind to go somewhere quiet to practice my next spell: ice. Somewhere with water so I could freeze it in the comfort of the innocent and peacefulness of nature.

Standing by the side of the horse, we walked into an undeveloped part of the town, in search of a stream. We wondered for some time when sudenlly I heard a roar of a terible beast, and a thud to the ground. The stench of death filled the calm air, and I determingly hunted down the source.

My quest led me to Lady Ka, in a small clearing surrounded by trees and a bubble brook nearby. In front of her lay a once fearce beast, large and now quit dead. Near her was also her dark horse. I walked as a shadow, with my stead behind me and my raven in the sky.

"M'lady." came the word from my mouth, rich with grace and mystery. "May I share this space with you? The fools who call themselves our companions do not impress me much. I had to leave that place. Fools thoughs verman are, but you are different. Accept my respect. I offer food, and silence." I said humbly, as I dropped my food sack at her side. She stayed silent, with tools of arrow making on her lap.

I continue to walk, embracing the gostly shadows of the forest's trees. After Giving Ka some distance, I pet my horse and motioned for it to stop and rest. Reluctanlty he obayed, and began to chew on grass blades. I walked the rest of the way to the stream, bubbling like a brew in hot caldren. My legs met the ground in a quick motion, and my hair and robe surrounded me neatly. I closed my dark eyes, and forgot everything. Everything except Ice. The shape of it, the feel of it. How cold it felt, how it glistened in the light with a clear-blue-frosty color. Slippery and wet, flat or smooth. How it began as water, a clearish blue liquid that quinshed ones starving thirst. Water then became cold. Such a blistering cold that the water clung to itself to be saved from the cold. The water clung so tight that in solidified into a cold lump. No longer liquid, but now something you could hold, touch, and pick up. Water, to Ice.

I opened my eyes and stared at the water that lay in front of me in the stream. I gazed at one patch, then began to think of cold. What did cold feel like? Winter nights alone in a drafty house; or outside on a winter night with snow falling from above, causing you to tighten your grip around yourself and pull your coat closer to your body as the snow fell all around you; or icy water clinging to your cold, shivering body as you fell into darkness.

A chilly purple mist hung darkly over the water I stared at with such strong conectration. Slowly, a hissing, cracking noise came from the water. A wave of solidation ran through the cool water, freezing it slowly as it became more and more cold. At last, a large chunk of the stream dirrectly in front of me became frozen into Ice.

I smiled happly and looked proudly upon my creation.

Krystalline Kabutops
9th September 2004, 09:58 PM
Arya - F Archer
~`~`~`~`~`~

I walked back to our table, feeling even more foreign to my own body. Well, at least I'd remember from now on to sit down. Planting myself across from Meri and Wulf, I took another bite into the chicken I had ordered, thinking about things in general. I'd have to try out some more spells, and start practicing with my bow. Looking over at the pair of them, I decided that I should give Meri and Wulf some privacy. That, and I wanted to collect my stuff from our room. I had a feeling we'd be leaving soon, and I'd need my money pouch. "hey, I'm going to go get my stuff from our room. Don't leave without me, ok?" I said, half meaning it. Abandoning my chicken, I walked out, and reentered the inn. Ignoring some of the drunks that whistled at me, I walked up to the room and unlocked it with my key. I entered, and shut the door behind me. Dropping my haversack on the floor, I picked up my money pouch and tossed it from hand to hand, running a mental inventory. Bow? Check. Arrows? Check. Quiver? Duh, check! Clothes? Check..... I looked over at the drawers, thinking. It would help to have some extra clothes, if mine got dirty somehow... I walked over, and began openning drawers, tossing things into my bag. Underwear, bras, tank tops, undershirts, sockss, tights..... I hesitated for a second, but decided better safe then sorry, and tossed the tights in. Going through the rest, I was dissapointed to find a lack of pants. I tossed a few short skirts in, hoping that I wouldn't have to use them, and viewed my haversack again. It looked pretty fat, and heavy too. Remembering the spells I had learned, I muttered one under my breath, and the bulging sack immediatly returned to it's normal proportions. The spell had given the sack near-infinanite carrying capacity. Thinking that Meri might want some spare clothes, I through some more garments into the haversack, and tossed it across my shoulder. Attaching the money pouch around my waist, I left the room and ventured back outside. That Crom-whatever guy was there, and was talking to everyone. I hurried into the cluster of teenagers, wedging myself between Meri and Wulf.

OOC: If you don't want everyone to leave yet VP, then just tell me and I'll edit my post. I just kind of assumed we'd leave soon, because of how long we've been in town ^^'