PDA

View Full Version : Ep. # 358 The Forest's King! Combusken vs. Breloom!

have a stammer
18th June 2004, 01:42 AM
Another evolution some said they say it coming some where suprised it actually will happen, now the once cute fluffy torchic has grown up, will it's personality change? Will it's personality stay the same? will it be used in contests now? Many questions and yet we wont fully know until next week, and the following weeks.

Appears to be an episode in which the Team Rocket and Ash and Co. are separated and forced to team up. Which has been done before, but there always so fun.

Episode starts with Team Rocket around a box of apples as they gaze up wobbuffet takes the opportunity to take one. Scene changes to the image below of the group of Breloom attacking. And if umbrella headed fighting plants aren't enough trouble, both groups (rockets and the twerps) and there pokemon are seen being blasted off. Gravity goes into effect and brock and Ash are seen falling, which then changes to Ash, Brock, Jessie and James landing on a branch and breaking it. The recently evolved Swellow is shown with Pikachu on it's back. But problems continue as Meowth, Max and torchic and some other pokemon are shown in an open coliseum type thing, and in the seats of this coliseum are many many Shroomish and Breloom. A breloom leaps and throws a punch at torchic the attack is seen hurdling towards torchic and as torchic cowers Corphish throws itself in front and is sent flying into a wall. Torchic looks on scared, as Corphish tries to pull him self up. But Torchic has had enough and with an angry cry it stops being a torchic, as May, Mudkip, Pikachu, Max, Meowth, and Corphish look on torchic starts glowing and grows, but we don't see the final product, the clip ends before combusken stops glowing.

Thoughts:
Of course evolution episodes are always favorites. And this one for ME was unbelievable back when I first heard it, I couldn't believe it I just assumed Torchic would stay Torchic.
What should be interesting is what kind of personality Combusken will have, I look forward to see what direction they go with it, I assume it will stay similar to the way it is was but have a little more confidence and not be so "wimpy" In the ways May will use Combusken I see her using as more of the pokemon to deal with Team Rocket then a contest pokemon, I can see her entering perhaps a single tough contest.

http://www.tv-tokyo.co.jp/anime/pokemon_ag/2_yokoku/img/082.jpg

Mikachu Yukitatsu
18th June 2004, 04:59 AM
OK, if someone is interested, here's my own individualistic, or actually what some could call a complex production of my 'studying', romanization for the preview in http://www.tv-tokyo.co.jp/anime/pokemon_ag/2_yokoku/main.html

Mori No Kakutoo-Oo!? Wakashamo VS Kinogassa!

Hiroi mori de hitoyasumi suru Satoshi-tachi. Pikachuu-tachi mo PokemonFuuzu wo tabete, nonbiri muudo. Tokoro ga, Heigani ni jibun no bun wo torareta Achamo ga okoridashi, funiki wa ikki ni waruku natte shimau.

And here you are my translation, feel free to correct if somebody can do better.

The Forest's Grappling King! Wakasha VS Kinogassa!

Satoshi and others are taking a rest in a big forest. Pikachuu and others eat, too, Pokémon food, in a carefree mood. However, Achamo, whose own share was taken by Heigani, gets angry and the spirit suddenly worsens.

I'll complete this later, perhaps.

Iveechan
18th June 2004, 06:37 PM
This is one ep I'm really looking forward to. I love Fighting types and Breloom is one of my favorites. And I'm glad that sissy chicken is finally evolving.

Animelee
19th June 2004, 04:15 AM
It looks like Achamo/Torchic sees the spirit of Heigani/Corphish, and decides to evolve out of admiration -- cute and tough. :) Heh, after next week's episode, we may be getting a new ending, since all of Challenger!!'s future revelations will of been fulfilled. :eek:

Mikachu Yukitatsu
23rd June 2004, 04:47 AM
Hmmph! I already did this yesterday but accidentially deleted it.

Here should be the rest of my romanization:

Sara ni hoka no Pokemon-tachi mo makikonde, oosawagi ni.

Ippoo, tabemono wo sagashite samayotte ita Roketto-Dan-Tachi wa, mori no Kinokoko no shokuryoo wo ubau ga, okotta Kinokoko-tachi wa tsugitsugi Kinogassha ni shinka shimai...

And translation:

Moreover, the other Pokémon get drag into the uproar.

Meanwhile, Team Rocket, which has been wandering about looking for food, steal the food of the forest's Kinokoko, but the Kinokokos, who got angry, one by one evolve to Kinogassa...

Wakashamo=Combusken
Kinogassa=Breloom
Satoshi=Ash
Pikachuu=Pikachu
Heigani=Corphish
Achamo=Torchic
Kinokoko=Shroomish

Animelee
25th June 2004, 04:08 PM
We all know it happened, but it was pretty dramatic! After Heigani/Corphish fainted, Achamo/Torchic screamed out of anger, because he protected her, and she couldn't do anything but stand there. She then evolved into Wakashamo/(IforgottheEnglishname), and had a Dragonball Z-esque fight with the lead Kinogasa/Breloom. If anyone wants an animation of it, just ask in the Screenshot Request Thread.

The Wakashamo in AG 033 had a deeper voice, because it was male. However, Haruka's has a high-pitched voice, proving its gender once and for all -- female.

[attachment deleted by admin]

Pewter City Geodude
26th June 2004, 11:21 AM
DANG, Corphish has got guts. It took on that whole group of Breloom in order to protect Torchic, who was too scared to help battle, when they had just been fighting beforehand. Nice character development.

Rocketboy
26th June 2004, 12:38 PM
Is it me, or has Corphish been givin the "Bully" devolpment?

Chris 2.1
26th June 2004, 04:34 PM
Nah, I just think Corphish is often irritated and has a short fuse.

Iveechan
30th June 2004, 09:53 PM
Poor little Breloom. Atleast Combusken is 98% determined as being female so she can be this Xena type fighter. Ha. I hope May gets a Blaziken like this one picture I drew December before last.

Adamant
2nd July 2004, 05:15 PM
We all love Heigani.

Yeah, one of the better episodes I've seen recently. I STILL don't like Wakashamo, though. It's ugly, and looks like a cartain part of male anatomy.