PDA

View Full Version : Do You Know The Muffin Man? [t]

phaedrus
18th June 2004, 02:03 PM
Do you know the Muffin Man who lives on Druey Lane?

raichu@lumberry
thunderwave
thunderbolt
hiddenpower~ice
agility
(bashful-static)

swampert@leftovers
surf
icebeam
earthquake
roar
(jolly-torrent)

alakazam@lumberry
psychic
thunderpunch
firepunch
icepunch
(gentle-synchronize)

kingdra@chestoberry
doubleteam
rest
surf
icebeam
(modest-swiftswim)

slaking@choiceband
return
shadowball
brickbreak
earthquake
(jolly-truant)

weezing@leftovers
sludgebomb
fireblast
haze
explosion
(naughty-levitate)

Yes, I know the Muffin Man, who lives on Druey Lane

Tenco
11th July 2004, 12:40 AM
For Raichu i personaly would give it DoubleTeam instead of Agility
and Swampert i would either go attack or special attack not both,
and since your kingdra has the water covered i would put swampert
on the Attack maybe:

Swampert
Earthquake
Return
BrickBreak
Curse

^^ Enjoy

Enderpan
14th July 2004, 02:41 AM
Hmm... your teams is pretty sturdy type-wise, but it seems very unbalanced attack-wise. You've got Ice attacks on 4 of your pokemon! I think that's a little unnecessary. Also, you only have 1.5 physical attackers. Slaking is a good one, keep him. Weezing is only good for his explosion, though. Of course you have earthquake on Swampert, though. Also, you've got 2 pokes with surf, 2 with electric attacks, 2 with earthquake, and two with fire attacks. Also, Alakazam and his Tri-punch dealie isn't that strong. If I were to have all 3 of the punches, i would have Calm Mind instead of Psychic. But an Alakazam without Psychic is unheard of! So, if you really insist on keeping Alakazam, I'd say go with a technical one with [Psychic, Calm Mind, Recover, Reflect]. Also, I would suggest dumping one of your special attackers for a physical attacker. Either that, or an even more technical dude. A Skarmory would work wonders, I think. With [Spikes, Drill Peck, Steel Wing, Roar]. One last thing: I would get Raichu with HP Grass if possible. Other than that, looks good!

Poryhedron
14th July 2004, 05:19 PM
But an Alakazam without Psychic is unheard of! So, if you really insist on keeping Alakazam, I'd say go with a technical one with [Psychic, Calm Mind, Recover, Reflect].

You're new here, aren't you? An Alakazam without Psychic--namely, the Calm Mind and Triple Puncher--is pretty common. Recover and Reflect are both generally accepted as wastes of space on an Alakazam, because its defense is so poor that, even with both of them, it simply can't last.

One last thing: I would get Raichu with HP Grass if possible. Other than that, looks good!

Why? I don't understand why anyone would prefer Grass over Ice on a Raichu. Rai's electric attacks work well on everything except four types: Dragon, Electric, Grass and Ground. HP Grass is strong against only one of those, Ground. HP Ice is strong against Ground, Dragon and Grass, leaving only other Electric-types to worry about.

Enderpan
15th July 2004, 01:26 AM
My bad Polyhedron. It's true, I haven't been here for long, and it's obvious from my post count. I wasn't aware that the Calm Mind triple-punch combo was common. I never did like the punches, though. Also, I suggested the HP change based on his team, and not just his Raichu. I simply suggested that because he already has 4 ice moves on his team. One last thing I noticed. In your post, you didn't rate strat's team. But I shall add one comment on the team.

In my last post, I suggested that you take one of your special dudes out, but I didn't specify which one. I would take out either swampert or Kingdra, because their attacks are already taken care of on other pokes. And in their place I would put a Skarmory, Salamence, or some other physical attacker.