PDA

View Full Version : Fine Arts and Literature [poll]

Sheik
18th June 2004, 03:34 PM
What are some of your favorite areas of fine arts/literature? Why?

What are some of your least favorite areas of fine arts/literature? Why?

Do you do fine arts or literature (i.e. write poems, play piano, etc.)? Why or Why not?

I love fine arts and literature. Because of this, the jocks at my school think I'm a homosexual or that I'm straight but will never get laid (no offense to anyone who might take offense to that). Oh well, let them think what they want, I'm only into the marriage material girls (:D).

Back to the poll. My favorite areas of fine arts/literature would have to be classical music and poetry. I like classical music because of the way it sounds. It is very dramatic, or at least, it can be. I prefer classical piano music. I like poetry because it's sort of like a puzzle with words that you need to solve. There can be external or internal things that the poet is trying to portray, and the fun part is finding them.

My least favorite area in fine arts/literature would be classical books. I find them very dull and unexciting. They put me to sleep, I'll tell you that.

As far as performing arts/literature, I play the piano, and I've been playing for about 11 years. I started when I was five. I also try to write poetry, but I've never thought highly of my written material.

What about you?

Agent Elrond
18th June 2004, 06:22 PM

Dunno really, I'm not into the whole "fine arts" thing as far as the context goes. I like Beethoven, and Mark Twain, although I have tried to read Jane Austin and she makes my head hurt.

I like Beethoven because his music is good, interesting, and dramatic, sometimes all at the same time. I like Mark Twain because he is a damn fine writer.

Pretty much everything else. Mostly because they have their figurative noses up in the air and strutting about like oh high ho I'm one of the fine arts.

(Basically because they put on airs. :mad: )

Do you do fine arts or literature (i.e. write poems, play piano, etc.)? Why or Why not?

I've written a few songs, although they're not in anyway literature. I play the guitar, as far as that goes.

Oh yeah, and I'm a pretty good painter. (Painting does count as one of the "fine arts" right? Right?)

:wave:

RedStarWarrior
18th June 2004, 09:02 PM
Poetry...because I write it.

Reading poorly translated texts.

Refer to answer number one. I do it because I enjoy it.

mistysakura
19th June 2004, 05:22 AM

I love music; I've been singing since who knows when, and I've been playing the piano for eight years. Both classical and contemporary music are fine, although I don't like rap. I like both listening to and performing music; composing's not bad either. I find that music can really express emotions, and I find it intriguing how a bunch of frequencies can be sheer bliss.

I also like reading and writing. I normally write poetry and short stories, and I read all sorts of fiction (and non-fiction, depending on the topic.) I find it so much easier to express myself in written words than in speech. I also like the way that fiction can be so imaginative, and draw you into all these situations, adn make you feel like you're there.

Classic literature can annoy me; too much desccription to read through, and usually the description doesn't even add to the book. Waste of time.

See above.

mr_pikachu
20th June 2004, 03:08 PM
What are some of your favorite areas of fine arts/literature? Why?[/I[
Probably fictional works, and music. Classical music can be fun to listen to, for a change of pace.

[I]What are some of your least favorite areas of fine arts/literature? Why?
I'm not too fond of a lot of art forms I've seen. Some "fine art" paintings are fairly grotesque, IMO, and considering I'm not much of an art fan anyway...

I don't know if it can be called real literature (probably not, at my level), but I do write fanfiction. I'm also working on a potential original fiction, though I'm somewhat stuck right now. :(

gomez
21st June 2004, 02:02 PM
Not much into literature, but I likes one aspect of fine arts: Ceramics. It counts as fine arts right? I wanted to major in ceramics but first year freshmen couldn't major in it.

Thats all I like from the fine arts/literature stuff.

Charizard04621
24th June 2004, 08:50 PM

Everything, really. When it comes down to that, whether it's visual art, instrumental music, singing, or drama, I just meet some people who are so talented that it makes me want to cry; it's so beautiful. Oh, and I love reading and writing; they're one of my favorite pastimes. I can sort of do some visual art, too, and I play the cello. Unfortunately I want to try every art and am a master of none.

Er... I don't know. I like fine arts and literature a lot. O_o Well, maybe if we have to discuss the material intellectually I'd dislike it. I don't like discussing stuff. It's there, but let it be; let it be beautiful on its own.

I write a lot because it's a great way to vent sometimes, and usually it's just really fun. I also play the cello; it's there for whenever I don't feel like thinking, just doing. Music is great stuff for the soul. I've tried my hand in poetry a bit, and some of my poems I like but others are just plain crap.