PDA

View Full Version : Wolf's Rain

homeofmew
18th June 2004, 04:08 PM
Has anyone seen this newer anime.
I love it, Shape-shifting wolves-humans looking for paradise.
Warning: contains blood, and killing and such.

EDIT: Sorry, I just had to fix that typo. ~L_P

Chicoslavocia's Revenge
18th June 2004, 04:58 PM
Wolf's Rain isn't exactly new. Last year, I was watching the subbed version of it until about episode 15. I recently saw it on Cartoon Network, and decided the dub wasn't so bad. Too bad I can't watch it continuously. >_<

Cheza is my favorite, because of her eyes. ^_^ And after that it has to be Hige. :3

~Chico

classy_cat18
19th June 2004, 12:08 AM
You can see the likeness to Cowboy Bebop. I like Hige the most because he resembles Spike and he wears that cute collar!

Roarkiller
19th June 2004, 07:41 AM
Ill download it the moment my CCS files finish. Boxtorrents has a complete collection, tho i already got the 4 last ones.

Razola
19th June 2004, 11:32 AM
Watched an episode. Seems to take place in an age that at least matches ours. This will certainly take a good bite out of the ability to turn into a wolf.

Last Exile
19th June 2004, 09:23 PM
I've seen the whole thing.

I found it quite engaging at times but overall disappointing. Too many filler episodes, the plot is very predictable, and the ending was so rushed it was unforgivable.

It's worth tyring, but I can't say much more about it.

Chicoslavocia's Revenge
20th June 2004, 12:36 AM
Hm.... Really, LE? I thought it was real good up until episode 15 where it was licensed.. =/ Even so, I'll try and collect the music because I really liked it. ^_^

Man, once I get a bigger HD, I want to be the anime music guru of all things. >_>;;

~Chico

EDIT: Oh yeah, Raz, they don't turn into Wolves. They're simply wolves with the ability to disguise themselves as humans. X_x Just thought I'd point that out.

Razola
20th June 2004, 01:08 AM
So...why are they humans for the majority of the episodes?

Iveechan
20th June 2004, 01:15 AM
Because humans are easier to draw for Japanese animators than wolves silly :D.

Last Exile
20th June 2004, 04:17 AM
Because everyone in that world blames wolves for causing 99% of humanity to die and therefore would kill the four of them on sight.

Yeah, CR, it just doesn't deliver in the end. There was too much retrospection time in the end, and the ending was just a complete joke. The leadup was alright, but just how it ended was just a complete yawn.

The soundtrack is good. The intro was done by Steve Conte, who also did songs for the Cowboy Bebop and Ghost In The Shell: Stand Alone Complex soundtracks. The ending is done by a very popular Japanese female artist. (I forget her name, check www.animenewsnetwork.com if you wanna know)

Chicoslavocia's Revenge
20th June 2004, 10:51 AM
Sakamoto Maaya ;_; She's one of my favorite J-Pop artists ^_^ and she was born in NY, I think.. >_> I can't remember though. She also sings the third opening for CCS, I believe.

~Chico

Roarkiller
21st June 2004, 08:37 AM
Sakamoto Maaya ;_; She's one of my favorite J-Pop artists ^_^ and she was born in NY, I think.. >_> I can't remember though. She also sings the third opening for CCS, I believe.

~Chico

O.O Hey, ur right, its sung by her. She's got a really good voice, especially so in the song Kuuki to Hoshi (Air and Stars) in Arjuna, which i remember her by the most. Most noticeable in that song is how she can sing high and low pitch w/o changing the tone of her voice, very nice.

Kuuki to Hoshi, btw, is a sentimental song with VERY gentle music. Simply love it.

Tsurayu
5th July 2004, 06:34 PM
Yeah, Wolf's Rain isn't all that new. I like it. The plot is kind of bland though. It's the same ol' thing getting to the place you want to go with obstacles in your way blah, blah, blah, but the anime is nice.

Azura Stardust
7th July 2004, 06:40 AM
<3 Kuuki to Hoshi!
I was SCREAMING FOR JOY when I found the mp3 somewhere. I fell in love with it the first tie I heard it. Still love it. Very, very lovely song.

I have heard also that this is a rather pretty anime but the plotline was just.. ermish. However, I'm waiting to dl it just for the Bones character designs - I *LOVE*, and I mean *LOVE* their character deisngs! I don't know why, I just do!

Another new and very promising Bones creation is Phantom Memory: KURAU. I watched the first ep and it's got wonderful animation. Perhaps the plot isn't as interesting still, but I was hooked - I loved the first ep, and I wanted to see more when... it got LICENSED! At ep 2! Well if I lived in teh US I'd be somewhat happy as I could at least get to see it still, but now I got like... no chance. Nobody licenses stuff round here.

Last Exile
7th July 2004, 06:57 AM
I don't deny the character designs were good. BONES draw great characters. The females and males in Scrapped Princess were SO luscious and the males in Wolf's Rain were admirable in terms of looks. Kiba was quite the spunk and Toboe was cutesy, almost feminine. ;)

I saw the 27th episode yesterday, and it bored the living daylights out of me. Why did they even bother with the OAV?! More desolation, more people die, more ranting...*yawn*

Roarkiller
8th July 2004, 10:09 AM
The OVA actually has a better story line than the series. As in it actually has the story going somewhere, tho i can tell u the ending sux bad.

Yeah i finished watching it yesterday. IMO its an okay series, a little deep i guess (which explains the boredom from some ppl), and the series seems like it purposely left itself hanging for the OVA, which is slightly better than the series but has a HORRIBLE ending.