PDA

View Full Version : what is your opinion on digital alarm clocks?

Wigglytuff
18th June 2004, 07:37 PM
i find them very useful :yes:

RedStarWarrior
18th June 2004, 07:38 PM
Well, I love digital alarm clocks, but they don't seem to like me. I manage to break most of mine and the ones I don't I develop a tolerance to the sound they make. I need some sort of electroshock clock to wake me up some mornings.

CaptainDean
18th June 2004, 07:39 PM
My analog clock has served me well for years. Digital clocks often have errors, and if you hit the wrong button you can never get them right again. Tradition over technology, i say!

Little_Pikachu
18th June 2004, 07:41 PM
I use my phone as an alarm clock, I guess that's digital? Most alarm clocks aren't loud enough to wake me up, my phone does the job because it gets louder the longer it's left to beep.

FTorchicX
18th June 2004, 07:56 PM
Meh, I used to have a digital alarm clock, but it was annoying. It didn't ever help me get up, and it would scare me to death because it is so loud. =\ My mom is my new alarm clock, and she is pretty good at waking me up.

phaedrus
19th June 2004, 12:09 AM
just like people's bodies begin to tolerate alcohol, mine has already finished building up an efficient anti-alarmclock system. phones on the loudest setting can wake me up, but that's when i oversleep. otherwise, no. not even thunderstorms wake me up :yes:

Wolfsong
19th June 2004, 12:50 AM
The only time that i really use them, is when I'm in school. Even then, I've got one that on rare occasions chooses not to go off at all. Times like those i'm glad that i have my cell phone as a back up. I have to have a loud alarm, otherwise i could, and probably would sleep through it. I do tend to put the alarm clock where i have to get out of bed to shut it off so i won't keep punching snooze though.

Crazy
19th June 2004, 01:14 AM
Last time I got a digital alarm clock it never woke me up.I hate them.

Jay Umbreon
19th June 2004, 09:55 AM
well, I don't use digital alarm clocks (or any other kind of alarm clock for that matter); I wake myself up in the mornings :) I just think of a time, and I always seem to wake up then. Whether I stay up or fall back asleep though, is a different matter. hehe.

digital alarm clocks sound rather sneaky though...so I'll go with the 'them being evil' thing. :evil:

~Jay

espreon
19th June 2004, 12:44 PM
yes youve got special powers jay oooohh.. :oh:

its really not that, its your biological clock
anyway for the TS.. there are millions of questions in the world and you find this one, one of the more interesting ones?

and even more so, you are intrigued by the responses of people liking one or not? :what:

RedStarWarrior
19th June 2004, 12:50 PM
Actually, I think it was an attempt at spam that turned into something fruitful. If you don't think it is important you can do us all a big favor and not respond.

Sheik
19th June 2004, 02:57 PM
Digital Alarm Clocks are ok. I like them because they have radios, and you can listen to weather forcasts all the time instead of waiting for specific times at night or in the morning. They aren't very useful during a thunderstorm at the power goes out about 4 times. Then they can get annoying. :notfunny:

espreon
19th June 2004, 06:21 PM
Actually, I think it was an attempt at spam that turned into something fruitful

if it was spam you, being a mod, should have closed it.
but you did the exact opposite and "turned it into something fruitful" to your knowledge.

at that point im free to post whatever i want as you were aswell in an intentional spam topic. we just have different thoughts about reacting to such.
i did not offend anyone either.

nightcrow
19th June 2004, 08:06 PM
mine isn't digital (i don't think?) it's just one of those regular ones that has the option to have the radio as the alarm :oh: which is good enough for me, absolutely anything wakes me up....

shazza
19th June 2004, 10:34 PM
I have an alarm clock, but sometimes I too, like Jay think of a time (7:30) and I wake up around then. Sometimes 7:32, 7:28 or whatever.

Body cocks are :k-rad:

Crystal Mew
19th June 2004, 10:50 PM
Um, my digital clock is just on my night stand...in case I'm in my room and I want to see what time it is. I never use the alarm..well, hardly ever..a couple times during school, and thats it =)

RedStarWarrior
19th June 2004, 11:40 PM
if it was spam you, being a mod, should have closed it.
but you did the exact opposite and "turned it into something fruitful" to your knowledge.

at that point im free to post whatever i want as you were aswell in an intentional spam topic. we just have different thoughts about reacting to such.
i did not offend anyone either.
Actually, after I salvaged it from the poor attempt to spam it became a real topic. It is up to my discretion to do what I want with a topic that is breaking the rules, not yours.

Mab the Mad Clefable
20th June 2004, 01:33 AM
I have a little black digital alarm clock, but it needs batteries atm. I also have a very loud Mutley clock. However, I don't really tend to need them as I'm on automatic pilot to wake up round about the same time every morning, weekday or weekend!

Katie
20th June 2004, 01:44 AM
at my mom's house I have to use two alarm clocks because I always sleep through the first (I never think to snooze it since I'm always so tired) so I have a second one in my bathroom set to go off 5 or 10 min after the first.
at my dad's I just put it across the room so that I have to get up to go turn it off. what sucks about that though is I am blind as a bat without contacts, so I can never see what time it is :no:

~Katie

mr_pikachu
20th June 2004, 03:17 PM
I've got a digital alarm clock that wakes me up about 70% of the time, which is pretty good, knowing me. What I really need is a clock with a big hammer that cracks me in the skull, or something. :lol:

Jay
16th August 2004, 06:05 PM
i use my phone as a digital alarm clock. but it hardly ever wakes me up and i sleep through it, and then i find out i overslept 4 or 5 hours. not cool :no: probably the only thing i hate about digital alarm clocks, or any alarm clock, for that matter

cd
17th August 2004, 01:17 AM
digital alarm clocks in general are an easier system to use than analog in my opinion. i also find that the digital alarm clock system is quite successful in waking me up.