PDA

View Full Version : Open challenge, ref needed

Oddish17
31st January 2003, 08:34 PM
Perhaps I'll try something different. This will be a 3 v 3, with 2 pokemon(for each team) out at one time. The third pokemon will obviously replace a KOed pokemon.

DQ: 1 week
Arena: Within the heart of a tropical rainforest - indoors. This is a special arena designed to simulate the exact conditions of a rainforest. With very thick foliage, intense heat and humidity, and populations of native insect pokemon(this arena is home to every insect pokemon known to the pokeworld), the arena does a nice job of providing that trek through the Amazon feel. There is a small river that runs through the middle of the forest, from one end of the arena to the other. In all, the arena encompasses an area of several square miles, so there is ample room to move about and battle. All weather moves will fail, due to being indoors. Because of the heat, the attack power of Ice moves will be reduced by 50%. A Pokemon can not be frozen whatsoever here. The constant mist floating about makes electric attacks 10%. The accuracy of every attack that is not a physical attack is reduced by 20%, due to the extremely thick foliage and constant mist. There is a chance that water/ice attacks may actually aid your opponent/partner, as it would greatly help a pokemon cool down. There is a faint artificial light throughout the arena, providing enough illumination to see your way around, but difficult to tell what may be hiding in the shadows. Any attack that damages a large portion of the rain forest may enrage the plethera of insect pokemon that call this place home.

Ref: I would love to have a somewhat active ref.

I'll send out my pokemon first, and you attack first.

I believe I'll send out two of my yet untested pokemon, my female Arbok and my male Sandshrew.

Aipom Of Doom
31st January 2003, 08:44 PM
I'll ref... I'm reffing five battles now (three of them involve more than two Pokemon out at once)... But tag teams are fun, so I'll ref ;D

Don't Run With Scizors
31st January 2003, 09:06 PM
I'll gladly take you up on your challenge, since I was left with a free battle slot since one of my opponents (unfortunately) decided to forfeit one of my battles.

Mercury! Czarnina! Vamos a luchar!

Mercury e Czarnina son un Scyther (macho) y una Farfetch'd (hembra), respectivamente.

El español es muy divertido, no?

EDIT: Lo ciento... se me olvidó mis ataques.

Back to English....

Mercury and Czarnina, begin with a Swords Dance to calm yourself into one of those zenlike states. Hopefully, the movement of your blades should also cut down a considerable amount of foliage around yourselves and the resulting whirlwind will blow back some of the mist. Both of you, take to the air on speedy wings, then pelt your opponents with Razor Winds from above. It shouldn't be too hard to pick out the Arbok, especially - violet doesn't blend in too well with the rainforest, unlike your colors.

Mercury and Czarnina: Swords Dance, Agility (air), Razor Wind (Arbok)

A few other questions...

Since this arena is designed to be a simulation of a rainforest, are there any piranha\Kibania swimming in the river?

Is switching to the third Pokémon when the first one faints mandatory?

Oddish17
31st January 2003, 10:18 PM
This is like watching a synchronized swimming routine in the air ^_^

As for your questions.
For the piranha, I hadn't thought of using a RS pokemon here. I do suppose a few fishies could liven up the river, though. The staff will release a school of Kibania(s?) at the start of the next round.

And for the switching, I certainly can't force you to send out your third pokemon when one faints. It's up to you.

On with the attacks. Sadly we can't put on a show like our opponents, but surely we can make things difficult on them, no? Arbok, since they want to pick on you, lets make that a tad more difficult. Start off with a Screech, to hopefully disrupt their train of thought. Then, create a smallish substitute, to absorb those Razor Winds. Finish off by Mimicing Razor Wind and using it on Scyther.

As for you Sandshrew, well lets make them pay for completely ignoring you. This is a rainforest, so there are obviously trees aplenty. Start by performing your own dance with swords. Then, find the tree closest to Czarnina, and climb your way up. You should have no trouble getting above her, as she'll be pre-occupied at the moment. Finish by throwing yourself upon her back, Fury Swiping her all you can. Hopefully you can knock her to the ground with this assault.

Arbok- Screech ~ Substitute(smallish) ~ Mimic Razor Wind(Scyther)

Sandshrew- Swords Dance ~ Climb tree ~ Fury Swipes(Czarnina)

I would also like to remind our opponent, that destruction of the surrounding foliage may upset a few pokemon who call this place home.

Oddish17
4th February 2003, 05:05 PM
Just bumping this for the ref...

Aipom Of Doom
4th February 2003, 08:45 PM
Originally posted by Oddish17
Just bumping this for the ref...

I'm reffing... I just don't have too much time right now, so it may be another few days before I can finish =/ *grumbles about history homework*

Aipom Of Doom
6th February 2003, 07:48 PM
Oddish17 vs. Don’t Run With Scizors
Round 1
Arena: Within the heart of a tropical rainforest - indoors. This is a special arena designed to simulate the exact conditions of a rainforest. With very thick foliage, intense heat and humidity, and populations of native insect pokemon(this arena is home to every insect pokemon known to the pokeworld), the arena does a nice job of providing that trek through the Amazon feel. There is a small river that runs through the middle of the forest, from one end of the arena to the other. In all, the arena encompasses an area of several square miles, so there is ample room to move about and battle. All weather moves will fail, due to being indoors. Because of the heat, the attack power of Ice moves will be reduced by 50%. A Pokemon can not be frozen whatsoever here. The constant mist floating about makes electric attacks 10%. The accuracy of every attack that is not a physical attack is reduced by 20%, due to the extremely thick foliage and constant mist. There is a chance that water/ice attacks may actually aid your opponent/partner, as it would greatly help a pokemon cool down. There is a faint artificial light throughout the arena, providing enough illumination to see your way around, but difficult to tell what may be hiding in the shadows. Any attack that damages a large portion of the rain forest may enrage the plethera of insect pokemon that call this place home.

Mercury (M Scyther) and Czarnina (F Farfetch’d) vs. Arbok (F Arbok) and Sandshrew (M Sandshrew)

Mercury: Swords Dance ~ Agility (air) ~ Razor Wind (Arbok)
Czarina: Swords Dance ~ Agility (air) ~ Razor Wind (Arbok)
Arbok: Screech ~ Substitute(smallish) ~ Mimic Razor Wind(Scyther)
Sandshrew: Swords Dance ~ Climb tree ~ Fury Swipes(Czarnina)

Mercury: 100%, 0% fatigue
Czarina: 100%, 0% fatigue
Arbok: 100%, 0% fatigue
Sandshrew: 100%, 0% fatigue

The four competing Pokémon and their two trainers felt a blast of warm, misty air as they opened the door to the massive simulated rainforest. The dimly lit arena was full of thick foilage, and there were various noises of the many bug-type Pokémon that live in this artificial, but convincingly real, enviornment.

As they walked through the unpleasantly hot and humid area, they reached an area by a simulated river that looked like a decent place to start the battle. Czarnina the Farfetch’d and Mercury the Scyther, who both felt at home in this sort of enviornment, sized up their opponents. Arbok looked like he belonged in the rainforest simulator, though the ground-type Sandshrew looked a bit uncomfortable because of the humidity.

Mercury and Czarnina swiftly started the battle by rapidly spinning around in a circle. While this may have looked comical, the Swords Dance would be quite dangerous for Arbok and Sandshrew. However, it left them an opportunity to boost their own power; Sandshrew opted for a Swords Dance of its own, while Arbok Screeched loudly. It didn’t effect any of the Pokémon too much; their trances were too strong.

The three Pokémon emerged from the Swords Dances in their Zen-like states, concentrating every ounce of energy on the battle. Czarnina and Mercury, with the exact same timing once again, used Agility to zoom through the air onto low branches of a tree. Arbok worked to create herself a Substitute, while Sandshrew ran over to the tree that Mercury and Czarnina had landed, and started to climb.

Mercury and Czarnina, secure on their branch in the tree, focused on Arbok’s sub, while the real Arbok slipped away. Each beat their wings hard, sending a concentrated blast of wind at what they thought was Arbok. However, the blast disintegrated the sub, and both Pokémon realized that they had been tricked.

However, they weren’t fast enough to react to the response. Arbok had used Mimic, and a concentrated blast of Razor Wind shot at Mercury. Czarnina, meanwhile, was attacked from behind by the Sandshrew, who gave her a few hard Fury Swipes as the surprised Farfetch’d tumbled out of the tree with the Sandshrew on her back

Mercury: 94%, in tree, Zen-like state, 9% fatigue
Czarina: 90%, Zen-like state, 9% fatigue
Arbok: 93%, 12% fatigue
Sandshrew: 97%, Zen-like state, 7% fatigue

Oddish17
6th February 2003, 11:25 PM
I have a question. Is Czarnina still in the air, or on the ground? I think Sandshrew should have been heavy enough to knock a Farfetched to the ground, but I would just like to make sure.

Don't Run With Scizors
6th February 2003, 11:34 PM
Probably on the ground, since it's hard for a 33 lb. duck to fly with a 26 lb. weight on its back, but what I'm concerned about is the fact that the Sandshrew suddenly converted his Fury Swipes into a Body Slam.

Oddish17
7th February 2003, 12:00 AM
How do you see it as being a Body Slam? Sandshrew threw himself off the tree onto Czarnina's back, swiping with his claws once he landed. Although I am curious to know how Czarnina managed to not get a single scratch after that attack.

Aipom Of Doom
7th February 2003, 05:28 AM
Czarnina is on the ground, and she does have some scratches on her back... She lost balance when she tried to defend herself against the Sandshrew, and they both fell to the ground.

Oddish17
7th February 2003, 12:53 PM
Alright then. Good job Arbok and Sandshrew, lets hope we can continue doing this well.

Sandshrew, since you've got Czarnina on the ground, lets hopefully cause some lasting damage. Start by using Toxic on her cuts, then Slash her twice. If for some reason she manages to escape from your grasp, then put up a small Substitute and use Safeguard.

As for you Arbok, well you have the disadvantage of being so huge. But this can also work for us, since you have the longest reach. We'll worry about that later, though. Create another small substitue, then Spite Mercury twice. If for some reason he comes close enough to grab, then Wrap him up.

Sandshrew- Toxic(Czarnina) ~ Slash/Substitute ~ Slash/Safeguard

Arbok- Substitute ~ Spite x 2(Mercury)/Wrap x 2

Don't Run With Scizors
7th February 2003, 04:01 PM
How do you see it as being a Body Slam? Sandshrew threw himself off the tree onto Czarnina's back...

That's Body Slam.

...swiping with his claws once he landed. Although I am curious to know how Czarnina managed to not get a single scratch after that attack.

What's more, it's now a Body Slam + Fury Swipes combo, which takes up extra actions.

EDIT: Might as well add in orders while I'm at it.

Okay, Czarnina. Create a small Substitute of your own to absorb the Toxic, then fly out of melee range. He can't tell whether he's attacking a Substitute or not, so his own Substitute substitution won't go off, according to his orders. Pelt him with Razor Winds from afar.

As for you, Mercury, create your own Substitute to absorb the oncoming Spites, but let it sit farther away, out of the Arbok's melee range, so that it won't try to Wrap you (or it, for that matter). Continue slashing at it.

Czarnina: Substitute (small), Razor Wind x2

Mercury: Substitute (small), Slash x2

Aipom Of Doom
9th February 2003, 01:23 PM
Round 2

Mercury (M Scyther) and Czarnina (F Farfetch’d) vs. Arbok (F Arbok) and Sandshrew (M Sandshrew)

Mercury: Substitute(small) ~ Slash(Arbok) ~ Slash(Arbok)
Czarnina: Substitute(small) ~ Razor Wind(Sanshrew) ~ Razor Wind(Sanshrew)
Arbok: Substitute(small) ~ Spite(Mercury)/Wrap(Mercury) ~ Spite(Mercury)/Wrap(Mercury)
Sandshrew: Toxic(Czarnina) ~ Slash(Czarnina)/Substitute ~ Slash(Czarnina)/Safeguard

Mercury: 94%, in tree, Zen-like state, 9% fatigue
Czarnina: 90%, Zen-like state, 9% fatigue
Arbok: 93%, 12% fatigue
Sandshrew: 97%, Zen-like state, 7% fatigue

Czarnina, unhappy about her sudden tumble to the jungle floor, glanced quickly at Sandshrew, and then tried to create a small substitute. She succeeded in making it, but a bit too late; Sandshrew had already spit a glob of Toxic goop at her, and it hit just as the substitue appeared in front. The attack, however, was already aimed at the real Czarnina, who was still sitting on the ground. She flung the poison off as she started to fly upward, but it still had a chance to soak in quite a bit.

Meanwhile, Arbok and Mercury had both created their own subtitutes; Mercury’s Scyther substitute sat in his spot in the tree, while Arbok’s sub lay on the ground. Each sub growled at each other; their controllers fooled into thinking that their opponent was real. Mecury swiftly flew over to the Arbok sub, and quickly cut into it with a Slash, while Arbok tried, and failed, to fatigue what appeared to be the Scyther he was fighting against.

Meanwhile, Sandshrew gave a hard Slash of his own to Czarnina’s sub; the small substitute shattered, and Sandshrew quickly realized that he had been fooled. He also quickly realized where the real Farfetch’d was; a blast of Razor Wind shot at Sandshrew, quickly followed by a second. The concentrated wind, shot by the bird who was barely visible under a thick tree, hurt quite a bit; cursing, Sandshrew put up a Safeguard to protect himself, since there was no way to hit Czarnina at the moment.

Arbok and Mercury, meanwhile, each repeated their attacks; Arbok’s Spite was ineffective against the substitute, however; Mercury’s Slash was able to eliminate Arbok’s sub. Arbok was slightly confused at how the Scyther in the tree destroyed his sub; but surmised that it must have been a hidden Razor Wind, or similar attack. Mercury, meanwhile, stared at the real Arbok, trying to figure out what to do next. Arbok stared at the sub in the tree, while Czarnina hovered above Sandshrew.

Mercury: 86%, 7% sub, Zen-like state, 17% fatigue
Czarnina: 77%, badly poisoned, Zen-like state, 15% fatigue
Arbok: 82%, 20% fatigue
Sandshrew: 81%, Safeguard up, Zen-like state, 15% fatigue

Don't Run With Scizors
9th February 2003, 01:39 PM
A few concerns:

- Sandshrew's Slash was able to destroy Czarnina's small Substitute in one hit (which isn't mentioned in the final stats, I might add). How come Mercury couldn't destroy Arbok's? It was approximately the same size, wasn't it?

- What's your policy on Toxic damage?

Aipom Of Doom
9th February 2003, 02:32 PM
Actually, both substitues were exactly the same size (10%) (which was also the maximum I put into the randomizer each time... strange). However, Sandshrew got a bit luckier with the Slash damage, since he did over 10% with the first hit, but Mercury only did 9%. And the sub shouldn't be in the final stats... I thought I had already gotten rid of it =/ *edits*

For Toxic, I have it do 1% or 2% damage each turn, depending on how much poison actually hits. It will very slowly get stronger (maybe in three rounds it will be 2% or 3% instead of 1% or 2%)

Don't Run With Scizors
9th February 2003, 03:13 PM
Ah, okay.

Czarnina, taunt the Sandshrew so his own rage overcomes his sense of logic (in other words, he futilely attempts to release his Frustration), then continue to pelt him with Razor Winds. Don't hesitate to knock him out of a tree if he attempts to climb one.

Mercury, keep slashing at the Arbok, then replenish your Substitute as necessary. Save some room to pump up your Agility, though.

Czarnina: Swagger, Razor Wind x2
Mercury: Slash, Substitute (medium), Agility

Substitutions (Czarnina): Sandshrew climbs a tree -> Double-Edge to knock it out

Oddish17
10th February 2003, 11:41 PM
Hmm, flying opponents seem to be tough to fight. No matter, we'll figure something out.

Arbok, create a medium substitute to absorb that slash. There's got to be some rocks around here, so use Rock Slide twice on Mercury. Hopefully we can destroy both subs. If there's no rocks, then use Sludge Bomb twice.

Sandshrew, start off with a medium substitute also. Then, the same thing as Arbok. If there is some rocks around, use Rock Slide twice on Czarnina. If not, use Swift twice. Unless you're berserked, which hopefully won't happen. Try to take your frustration out on a tree if you are berserked, maybe you can take it down and hit one of them.

Arbok- Substitute(medium) ~ Rock Slide x 2
Sub: If there is no rocks, Sludge Bomb x 2

Sandshrew- Substitute(medium) ~ Rock Slide x 2
Sub: If there is no rocks, Swift x 2

Aipom Of Doom
13th February 2003, 11:03 PM
Round 3

Mercury: Slash(Arbok) ~ Substitute (medium) ~ Agility
Czarnina: Swagger(Sandshrew) ~ Double Edge/Razor Wind(Sanshrew) ~ Double Edge/Razor Wind(Sanshrew)
Arbok: Substitute(medium) ~ Rock Slide/Sludge Bomb(Mercury) ~ Rock Slide/Sludge Bomb(Mercury)
Sandshrew: Substitute(medium) ~ Rock Slide/Swift(Czarnina) ~ Rock Slide/Swift(Czarnina)

Mercury: 86%, 7% sub, Zen-like state, 17% fatigue
Czarnina: 77%, badly poisoned, Zen-like state, 15% fatigue
Arbok: 82%, 20% fatigue
Sandshrew: 81%, Safeguard up, Zen-like state, 15% fatigue

Mercury, who had swiftly moved over to the unsuspecting Arbok, gave the snake Pokémon a hard Slash to the back. Arbok yelled out in pain, and realized that something was fishy; Czarnina and Sandshrew were still fighting each other about twenty feet away, and the Scyther was sitting in the tree; Arbok quickly made himself a Substitute for protection, then slithered away.

Czarnina, meanwhile, landed on the ground near Sandshrew, and started to taunt him. Sanshrew tried to focus on creating a substitute, but he couldn’t take the constant taunting; he stopped his substitution and yelled angrily at the Farfetch’d. Czarnina, happy that the Swagger was working, continued making obscene comments toward Sanshrew, who constantly got angrier. All of the benefeits from Sandshrew’s previous Swords Dance

Arbok, satified with his own sub, looked around for some rocks to toss at the Scyther sitting in the tree. Finding none, he instead used a Sludge Bomb; a large amount of poison shot through the air and smashed through the substitute that sat on the tree. However, just as Arbok realized that he had hit a sub, Mercury put up another substitute for himself.

Meanwhile, the furious Sanshrew dashed straight at Czarnina. The Farfetch’d swiftly took to the air, evading the Sanshrew easily. She quickly fired a concentrated blast of Razor Wind; knocking the raging Sandshrew to the ground. Sandshrew got up, and nearly ran into the tree in front of him. Sandshrew went into a ferocious rage against the tree, tearing through bark and wood, happy to have found an immobile punching bag. Czarnina fired another Razor Wind, which shoved Sandshrew painfully against the tree. The impact gave Sanshrew a bit of a jolt back to reality, but he still was furious, and it showed in his glare at Czarnina.

Arbok, having taken Mercury’s new substitute as the real Scyther, launched another Sludge Bomb. Mercury, wanting no part in the poisonous glob’s splatter, used an Agility, and swiftly shot away from his substitute, landing on Arbok’s left side. He stared at the Arbok, watching the snake glare at what he thought was the real Mercury.

Mercury: 73%, 5% sub, Zen-like state, 23% fatigue
Czarnina: 72%, badly poisoned, Zen-like state, 20% fatigue
Arbok: 66%, 10% sub, 30% fatigue
Sandshrew: 65%, Swaggered, Safeguard up, Zen-like state, 25% fatigue

Oddish17
13th February 2003, 11:30 PM
A couple of things before I post my attacks.

Shouldn't Czarnina have taken damage from the poison?

You said Sandshrew was jolted back to reality, but still furious. Does this mean he is still blinded by his rage, or is he just very angry, but still able to regain control of himself?

Don't Run With Scizors
13th February 2003, 11:41 PM
Shouldn't Czarnina have taken damage from the poison?

Yeah, but I'm sure AoD will edit it back in. Just go ahead and post your attacks.

You said Sandshrew was jolted back to reality, but still furious. Does this mean he is still blinded by his rage, or is he just very angry, but still able to regain control of himself?

I think what he meant is that the pain of a Razor Wind slashing across his body reminded him that he was still in a battle (before, he was beating the crap out of a tree) - but he's still angry.

Oddish17
14th February 2003, 12:44 AM
Alright, at least it's still fairly close, even despite their advantage of being able to fly. Mercury is proving a tough foe to hit, so lets just concentrate on Czarnina for now. Arbok, throw as many Sludge Bombs at her as you can, while taking time to replenish your substitute. Sandshrew, just sit back and let them come to you, assuming you can regain control of your emotions. If anyone comes at you, Slash them. If they remain in the air, Counter whatever they throw at you. If nobody attacks you, then take the time to calm down.

Arbok- Sludge Bomb/Substitute ~ Sludge Bomb/Substitute ~ Sludge Bomb/Substitute

Sandshrew- Slash/Counter ~ Slash/Counter ~ Slash/Counter
Sub: If nobody attacks, relax

Aipom Of Doom
14th February 2003, 01:32 AM
Poison damage is edited in. I always seem to forget something with this battle (but I haven't for any of the other battles I've reffed =/ )

And DRWS is right about Sandshrew's condition; it knows that its' in a battle, and isn't in a blind rage, but is still angry at Czarnina.

Don't Run With Scizors
14th February 2003, 01:40 AM
Czarnina, you'll have to deal with getting splattered by a few Sludge Bombs, but the effort will pay off. Keep hacking away at the Arbok's Substitute with Razor Winds until it breaks, at which point Mercury will quickly strike and pin down the Arbok from behind with Silverhawke!

For the referee's reference, Silverhawke is one of Scyther's deadliest combos - with glinting blades of steel, Mercury zooms down at incredible speeds, impaling his opponent from behind before they can react (in this case, set up a Substitute). Basically, an airborne Quick Attack + Steel Wing combo, further powered by the earlier Agility.

Mercury, once you've sunk your blades into the Arbok, you won't be easily fooled by any further Substitutes - simply bite down on the Arbok in front of you, since your blades will be temporarily incapacitated by having to hold the Arbok down. At this point, Czarnina, you won't have to worry too much about Sludge Bombs - if we're lucky, Arbok will be facedown, unable to launch any Sludge Bombs. In which case, turn your Razor Winds on the Sandshrew. He can't Counter those - Razor Wind is a narrow stream of wind; you can't Counter streams.

Czarnina: Razor Wind x3 (Arbok if not pinned by Silverhawke, Sandshrew otherwise)

Mercury: Nothing

Substitutions: Arbok's Sub suddenly breaks -> Silverhawke, improvised bite

pokemasterfrank
23rd February 2003, 05:32 PM
AoD is leaving ASB and asked me to ref the remander of this battle. If that is ok the participants, then I will ref.

Don't Run With Scizors
23rd February 2003, 05:37 PM
Not much of a choice, is there? I'm fine with your reffing, and I'm sure Oddish17 will be just as eager to get this battle over with. Go ahead and ref.

pokemasterfrank
2nd March 2003, 03:55 AM
Round 4

Arbok: 66% health, 10% sub, Fatigue (30%)
Sandshrew: 65% health, Fatigue (25%), Swaggered, Safeguard up, Zen-like state

Vs.

Czarnina the Farfetch’d: 72% health, Fatigue (20%), badly poisoned, Zen-like state
Mercury the Scyther: 73% health, Fatigue (23%), 5% sub, Zen-like state

Commands
Arbok: Sludgebomb/Substitute x3
Sandshrew: Slash/Counter/Relax x3

Czarnina: Razor Wind x3
Mercury: Nothing/Silverhawk
-------------------
Round 4
”Alright, at least it's still fairly close, even despite their advantage of being able to fly,” said Kenji. “Mercury is proving a tough foe to hit, so lets just concentrate on Czarnina for now. Arbok, throw as many Sludge Bombs at her as you can, while taking time to replenish your substitute. Sandshrew, just sit back and let them come to you, assuming you can regain control of your emotions. If anyone comes at you, Slash them. If they remain in the air, Counter whatever they throw at you. If nobody attacks you, then take the time to calm down.”

“Czarnina, you'll have to deal with getting splattered by a few Sludge Bombs, but the effort will pay off,” DRWS told her. Keep hacking away at the Arbok's Substitute with Razor Winds until it breaks, at which point Mercury will quickly strike and pin down the Arbok from behind with Silverhawke!”

For the referee's reference, Silverhawke is one of Scyther's deadliest combos - with glinting blades of steel, Mercury zooms down at incredible speeds, impaling his opponent from behind before they can react (in this case, set up a Substitute). Basically, an airborne Quick Attack + Steel Wing combo, further powered by the earlier Agility.

”Mercury, once you've sunk your blades into the Arbok, you won't be easily fooled by any further Substitutes - simply bite down on the Arbok in front of you, since your blades will be temporarily incapacitated by having to hold the Arbok down. At this point, Czarnina, you won't have to worry too much about Sludge Bombs - if we're lucky, Arbok will be facedown, unable to launch any Sludge Bombs. In which case, turn your Razor Winds on the Sandshrew. He can't Counter those - Razor Wind is a narrow stream of wind; you can't Counter streams.”

The pokemon leapt into action. Arbok began to spit out blobs of purple toxin, the liquid sizzling and fizz as it soared though the air. The blob struck on Arbok, beginning to burn and seep into Czarnina’s pores, infecting every part of the snake’s body. Czarnina flinches for a moment, but knows she must continue. With a great flap of her wings, sent out a focused gust of wind at Arbok…or at least what she thought was Arbok. The wind flowing past the Arbok clone violently, cuts began to open along the clone, blood oozing from the slices. Sandshrew sat in his place, glaring at the leek holding bird that was slicing his teammate’s clone, letting the angry thoughts burn in his mind. Meanwhile, Mercury began to focus his energy, his wings began to buzz with power as he sped around in the sky with lightning-fast reflexes.

The toxins began to fill in Arbok’s mouth once again, the purple fluid almost oozing out of her mouth, like a waterfall of spit from a hungry person. Arbok spat the blob out, the toxins fizzling as it swept though the air, and splattered on Czarnina. The toxins stung as it hit for the second time, the toxins taking over every part of her fragile body, infecting every system. She lurched forward, the poisons taking effect, but forced herself to flap her wings, sending another force directly for the Arbok clone! The wind sliced by, cutting the clone into pieces. Suddenly, Mercury came soaring down in a bright green blur! The buzzing from his wings droned all other sound out, as he sped down, going towards Arbok, who was busily creating a new clone. As Sandshrew watched the demolishment of the clone, his rage blew his top! It was too much, seeing the likeliness of his teammate falling to pieces. He dove for Czarnina, claws extended, the blood rushing though his veins full throttle, the adrenaline pumping though his bloodstream. He smashed into Czarnina, starting the bird, pinning her to the ground, and began swiping his claws over her face. Mercury struck, turning Arbok into a snake shiskabob and proceeded to bite at the helpless snake.

Status
Arbok: 53% health, Fatigue (34%), is stabbed by Mercury’s sickle
Sandshrew: 65% health, Fatigue (28%), Safeguard faded

Czarnina the Farfetch’d: 62% health, Fatigue (25%), badly poisoned
Mercury the Scyther: 73% health, Fatigue (27%), 5% sub

Don't Run With Scizors
2nd March 2003, 01:50 PM
Arbok took only 3% from being hit by Silverhawke? It's just a typo, right?

Well, Czarnina... funny how every time that Sandshrew Slashes at you, it somehow turns into a Slash + Body Slam combo. I guess that can't be helped much, but we can at least make the most of the situation. If you're being pinned, you're at a disadvantage, right? So Flail about until the Sandshrew reconsiders the consequences of trying to pin you down. Once you're free, fly up again and start raining down Razor Winds on him.

Luckily for us, Mercury, Arbok can't Flail free of your grip. Time for a Hyper Beam - point-blank. Hopefully, the recoil should drive you up in the air far enough for you to skewer him with another Silverhawke; if it doesn't, start twisting your blades inside him to skewer him a little more.

Czarnina: Flail until free, Razor Wind x2

Mercury: Hyper Beam, Silverhawke
Substitutions: Hyper Beam doesn't provide necessary recoil -> twist blades x2

Oddish17
2nd March 2003, 03:58 PM
It certainly is taking a long time for poor Sandshrew to calm down, although his rage actually had a somewhat positive effect this time. Sandshrew, hop off Czarnina's back, and let her hopelessly flail about. Then use Bide to absorb those two Razor Winds. Hopefully the powerful blast returned to her will do a sizeable amount of damage.

As for Arbok, since Mercury is clearly on your back, his substitute won't help him too much. In fact, within reach of a very powerful snake is a very dangerous location to be, no matter who the creature may be. I realize you're going to take quite a beating from Mercury, but I want you to reach around with your long tail and Wrap Mercury up. Then, what you do next depends on how much pain you can tolerate. If you can in fact remove him from your back, sink your fangs into him with your Neurotoxic Injection. If for some reason you can't remove him from your back, keep him wrapped up, and use Strength to crush him.

Sandshrew- Hop off Czarnina ~ Bide x 2

Arbok- Wrap(Mercury) ~ Pull off back ~ Neurotoxic Injection
Subs: If Mercury is unable to be removed, use Wrap then Strength twice to crush him.

Sig Move: Neurotoxic Injection
Arbok sinks her fangs into her opponent, releasing a neurotoxic substance into the opposing pokemon's veins. This substance spreads slowly throughout their body, causing severe damage to the neural tissues as it spreads. For the first round following the injection, the opposing pokemon will feel fine, able to act as normal. For each subsequent round, the damage to the nerve tissues will be apparent, as the pokemon slowly succumbs to near-fatal paralysis throughout their body. After a variable amount of time(dependant upon the mass of the pokemon injected), the pokemon will lose the use of one or more of their appendages. The rate at which the toxin spreads is variable, depending upon how large the pokemon is.

This move obviously will fail against any pokemon with a hard exterior, nor will it work against any ghost-type pokemon. It is possible for the affected pokemon to develop a resistance to this substance. After the round the pokemon is infected, there is a 10% chance the pokemon will develop a resistance. The chance of developing a resistance increases by 10% for each consecutive round. Heal Bell automatically removes all traces of the toxin. This move can only be used once per opposing pokemon.

Type: Poison | Accuracy: 90% | Damage: 0% |Effects: Described above