PDA

View Full Version : AG 85 (episode 361) title

Zak
19th June 2004, 12:23 AM
Not like this wasn't expected after 84, but...

85: Fortree Gym! Sky Battle!

Discuss.

~Zak

Rocketboy
19th June 2004, 12:28 AM
I forget how many pokemon Winonoa uses, but

If 3: Pikachu, Corphish and Swellow.

If 2: Pikachu and Swellow.

Animelee
19th June 2004, 04:22 AM
If memory serves me right, she uses Pelipper, Airmed/Skarmory, O'osubame/Swellow, and Tyltaris/Altaria.

I'm sure she'll use O'osubame/Swellow, since Satoshi/Ash has one too, and it'll be cool to see whos is tougher. I'd be extra cool if hers was a female, or shiny. I'm also sure she'll use Tyltaris/Altaria, since it's her signature Pokémon in the comic, and her clothes matches its colour scheme. Umm, and I'm not sure if she'll use Airmed/Skarmory, or Pelipper. Pelipper shares Nagi/Winona's colour scheme, but Airmed/Skarmory would be a surprise, since she's supposedly so girly, like the comic book portray her as.

Eh, or maybe the show'll give her totally new Pokémon. There are a lot of Tropius near Hiwamaki/Fortree City, so I wouldn't be surprised if she had one. :)

Adamant
19th June 2004, 08:39 AM
Let's see what I remember about her..

Her Oosubame was very Double Team-happy, her Pelipper was a wuss that didn't do anything interesting, except using Protect, her Airmud was was a Steel pokemon, and I didn't have a Fire pokemon, and her Chiruttaris was simply powerful. None of my main pokemon at the time (Jukain, Kodora, Yungeller and Marillri (or whatever it's called)) where especcially good at dealing with flying pokemon either.

I take it she'll be using Chiruttaris as her main pokemon and Airmud and Oosubame at the beginning of the battle.

And I bet Satoshi will use Pikachu, Oosubame and Kortoise. Or perhaps Juptor, due to it's badassness.

Gaborn
19th June 2004, 08:50 AM
I don't care much for flying pokemon, so this gym battle probably won't be my favorite. Swellow hasn't been used in a gym battle since it went up against Brawly the first time. It would be nice if Torkoal was in this battle (because it rocks), but it wouldn't shock me if Ash used something like Grovyle like he did against Flannery.

Craig
19th June 2004, 12:27 PM
Sky battle? Maybe he'll use only his flyers, or maybe it 'll be something really weird. I guess time wil tell. Gogo flying pokemon.

JazzJazz
19th June 2004, 05:32 PM
Sky battle? Maybe he'll use only his flyers, or maybe it 'll be something really weird. I guess time wil tell. Gogo flying pokemon.

Only use his flyers? He only has the one...

have a stammer
19th June 2004, 07:03 PM
I am betting he will use corphish if it is 3 on 3 (pikachu and Swellow obviously in the other 2 spots) Since Torkoal is rather slow, However IF Winnoa does have a Skarmory and the writers will it, Torkoal could make an appearance. And if this happened it would be nice if the writers would include the fact that Torkoal was under attack by a Skarmory and other steel's the day Ash caught him. I am really looking forward to the town as it is my favorite place and the routes surrounding it, in all the games (I like rain and trees.)

Zak
21st June 2004, 05:28 PM
Confirmed update: Grovyle participates in the match and plays a big part, apparently.

~Zak

Animelee
21st June 2004, 05:34 PM
Okay, so I'm positive it's Pikachu (for its strength/resistance against Flying-types), O'osubame/Swellow (because it's partly a Flying-type), and Juptor/Grovyle (since it's confirmed, and to be interesting, because he's weak against Flying-types).

Osiris
23rd June 2004, 08:15 PM
Any possibilty of Ash asking for Noctowl??

Because if it is a "Sky Battle", Only Swallow is a Flying Pokemon........not much of sky there.....

Animelee
23rd June 2004, 08:20 PM
Yeah, yeah, that's actually a good point! I guess we forgot about the little guy! ^^ So we know he's using Juptor/Grovyle, and it's obvious he's going to use O'osubame/Swellow, so perhaps he'll use two Flying-types to carry Juptor/Grovyle on their backs? Maybe they'll act as a platform?

Gaborn
23rd June 2004, 11:05 PM
Grovyle is supposed to be the master of climbing trees, something that city is known for. Ash will probably use the area to overcome the type disadvantage.

Animelee
23rd June 2004, 11:34 PM
Damn, you guys keep owning me in remembering little things. :laugh: I keep thinking it's going to be high in the sky, like the altitude where airplanes fly, but then I forget that that's extremely dangerous, even for Pokémon. You're right, it'll probably be right over the tree-tops, so Satoshi/Ash and Nagi/Winona can use any Pokémon, really.

Gaborn
24th June 2004, 02:14 AM
It would be amusing to see a gym battle that high up in the air. Ash could tie a bunch of balloons to Pikachu to have it float (I remember it doing that in Pokemon Snap).

The thought of Winona's hair still frightens me.

Chris 2.1
24th June 2004, 02:44 PM
You know the big rope bridge in Fortree? Maybe the trainers/Pokemon battle on there. That way, flying Pokemon clearly have an advantage as they can swoop down onto their 'prey', and Pikachu/Corphish/non flyers will have to evade attacks AND stay on the platform!