PDA

View Full Version : Hey .hack//SIGN haters!

classy_cat18
19th June 2004, 01:13 AM
I was up watching Cartoon Network tonight, and I saw at 12:00 a.m. (Central Time Zone) .hack//DUSK. By the looks of it, it has more action and humor than .hack//SIGN, and it goes by the manga. For those who like .hack//SIGN *glances at Tsukasa*, give it a look-see. For those who hated .hack//SIGN *glances at Raz*, give it a look-see.

Red Angel
19th June 2004, 04:01 AM
I've seen part of it, and it's nothing special, really. It sort of continues the saga and links up with the PS2 games... and the characters are all very, very short.

Roarkiller
19th June 2004, 07:44 AM
I dunno bout the dub, but i couldnt stand the sub. The voices, especially the girls, r intolerable and extremely painful to my ears.

I enjoyed sign and loved liminality, but dusk? Ill give it a miss, thx, ill stick to the manga. Only 3 vols anyhow.

Razola
19th June 2004, 11:30 AM
Let's see...what do I want to do after work tonight?

Watch another version of a series I didn't like...
Or watch my shiny new copy of the Simpsons Season 4 Box Set?

Give me a second. This is a tough choice.

The Muffin Man
19th June 2004, 04:31 PM
Let's see...what do I want to do after work tonight?

Watch another version of a series I didn't like...
Or watch my shiny new copy of the Simpsons Season 4 Box Set?

Give me a second. This is a tough choice.

Is it really? I mean, another version of a series you don't like is OBVIOUSLY the only selection. Why watch The Simpsons? Not like they're one of the funniest animated shows ever.

Last Exile
19th June 2004, 09:27 PM
Actually, there is a difference in dusk.

The characters actually do SOMETHING on a regular basis for once instead of just standing around and talking!

It's not stellar, but it's better than sign.

Razola
20th June 2004, 12:18 AM
Is it really? I mean, another version of a series you don't like is OBVIOUSLY the only selection. Why watch The Simpsons? Not like they're one of the funniest animated shows ever.
And we can't forget about the recently released third season of Futurama. Surely Dusk tromps that too.

Last Exile
20th June 2004, 04:19 AM
The reason people like the Simpsons is because it doesn't require taste or brain matter to like it. They lost the humour and the quality so long ago it's unforgivable.

Japanese material does require some form of brain matter, even in fanservice cases. ;)

Roarkiller
20th June 2004, 07:37 AM
Japanese material does require some form of brain matter, even in fanservice cases. ;)

I... dont think that applies to the majority of anime :sweat4: There r exeptional cases of anime that is more artistic than entertainment like Spriggan or even Paranoia Agent, but like i said, theyre exceptional cases.

Anyway Raz, u know u'll like it because i dont. Hows that for a reason?

Razola
20th June 2004, 09:39 AM
I don't read posts very closely.
I'm talking about Season 4 (if you read correctly), one of the best seasons for it.

And Simpsons has more intelligence than some of the pseudo-philosophical babble some of these animes try to bring forth. I was laughing at Serial Experiments LAIN the other night, It was HORRID what they were trying to pass off as meaningful.

Uh-oh, I'm probably going to create another argument soon. Maybe I should stop now.

Roarkiller
21st June 2004, 08:30 AM
And Simpsons has more intelligence than some of the pseudo-philosophical babble some of these animes try to bring forth. I was laughing at Serial Experiments LAIN the other night, It was HORRID what they were trying to pass off as meaningful.

Uh-oh, I'm probably going to create another argument soon. Maybe I should stop now.

Nah, i dont think theres anything to argue about. But what were u laughing at anyway? My local subber may make horrible subs, but i know enough to know that there isnt really anything to laugh at. If anything, Lain is simply sci-fi mystery.

SSJ Jup81
21st June 2004, 06:33 PM
I too found out about .hack//Tasogare no Udewa Densetsu coming on CN. I'll pass on it since I've never played the games so I probably won't get it. It's like when I tried reading the manga and was completely lost.

I never got around to seeing .hack//LIMINALITY either. Other than .hack//SIGN, the only other .hack series I want to see is .hack//GIFT. Sounds funny.

Crazy
21st June 2004, 08:38 PM
I don't like that show much I mean they CRY over a online game for goodness sake! It is just ridiculous(no offence to the fans of the show).

Kojiro
22nd June 2004, 09:19 AM
Only Sora was entertaining in the SIGN, but this new series sounds cool! When does it start?

Razola
24th June 2004, 02:43 AM
Nah, i dont think theres anything to argue about. But what were u laughing at anyway? My local subber may make horrible subs, but i know enough to know that there isnt really anything to laugh at. If anything, Lain is simply sci-fi mystery.
Basically some guy told Lain (I think it was her) that humans are the only animals that follow passions of the flesh.

Let's see...what do other animals do? Certainly not eat, sleep and have sex. No, generally other species pursue artistic and deep philsophical goals.

I don't think I can take the series seriously anymore. And I'm not sure how much the magical sub can redeem it.

.hacker
7th July 2004, 05:00 PM
To watch the unusual .hack//Gift, you need to purchase .hack//Quarantine and watch the DVD.

Razola
8th July 2004, 01:47 AM
To watch the unusual .hack//Gift, you need to purchase .hack//Quarantine and watch the DVD.
How about I saw my money and buy Futurama season 3? You know, something GOOD.

.hacker
8th July 2004, 04:32 PM
If you felt you rather spend your money on Futurama, then that's acceptable. For me, however, I don't like Futurama and would prefer to spend my money on .hack// People have a right to like whatever that appeals to them, but your opinion is just as equal as my opinion. Opinions are only opinions, not facts.

Razola
8th July 2004, 11:05 PM
If you felt you rather spend your money on Futurama, then that's acceptable. For me, however, I don't like Futurama and would prefer to spend my money on .hack// People have a right to like whatever that appeals to them, but your opinion is just as equal as my opinion. Opinions are only opinions, not facts.
This the excuse people use when they are backed into a corner and can't defender their values.

By your pathetic excuse, Hitler's cool because his hatred of Jews is only an opinion.

Grow a pair and tell me why you've been deluded into thinking .hack is even worthy of being spoken in the same. Sentence as Futurama.

I don't even want to know what TMM would said if he read your post...

.hacker
8th July 2004, 11:26 PM
Fact: .hack//Sign was awarded best anime series for 2003 by NewsType and by the Japanese Animation 2003 Industry Awards.

Fact: .hack//Liminality (included with the games) won the best OVA award by the same groups as mentioned above.

Fact: .hack// is still growing in popularity (anime, manga, cards, etc).

Fact: Futurama failed in only four years.

This is all facts, not my opinion.

Razola
9th July 2004, 12:00 AM
Fact: .hack//Sign was awarded best anime series for 2003 by NewsType and by the Japanese Animation 2003 Industry Awards.
FACT: Titanic won the Oscar for Best Picture. Awards mean crap.

Fact: .hack//Liminality (included with the games) won the best OVA award by the same groups as mentioned above.
FACT: Diablo II beat Zelda in Titile Fight. Awards mean jack.

Fact: .hack// is still growing in popularity (anime, manga, cards, etc).
FACT: Dragonball Z was also pretty popular, but that don't mean it was that good.

Fact: Futurama failed in only four years.
Not a fact at all. Family Guy also died in four years, and is coming BACK due to DVD sales and Adult Swim Ratings.

I'd mention that it won a fair share of Emmys, but I don't give a rat's ass about awards.

Futurama is also seeing awesome DVD sales and is one of the most popular shows on AS.

FACT:

Futurama (11 p.m.), in its first week’s debut, led Adult Swim’s delivery/ratings gains, increasing adults 18-34 delivery (345,000) by 54% and ratings (0.5) by 25%. Among men 18-34, delivery (213,000) more than doubled (108%), as did ratings (0.7, up 133%).
Who wants to bet it beat the crap out of .hack?

EDIT: FACT: Fox is stupid as hell.

.hacker
9th July 2004, 12:39 AM
Again, only opinions.

Razola
9th July 2004, 12:40 AM
So TV ratings are opinions, whereas an award show is suddenly textbook fact?

Get out. Now.

.hacker
9th July 2004, 12:49 AM
You don't accept my facts, then I won't accept yours either.

Razola
9th July 2004, 12:51 AM
Awards aren't facts, buddy. They are the opinions of of a board. A board of experts, perhaps, but still opinions nonetheless.

So now I've disproven your "facts."

.hacker
9th July 2004, 12:59 AM
I think Futurama is horrible, you think .hack is horrible. I have facts, you have facts. What's the point in the first place?

Razola
9th July 2004, 01:00 AM
To argue until someone runs out of facts or good points.

Why the hell make a thread in the first place? Do you enjoy hearing your own echo?

.hacker
9th July 2004, 01:05 AM
Tu no comprendas un pelicula buena. ?Verdad? .hack es un pelicula buena, pero tu no la te gusta. Perdon. Me gusta .hack, es importante a mi. No me gusta Futurama, pero me gusta Los Simpsons un pelicula buena.

The Muffin Man
9th July 2004, 10:05 AM
The reason people like the Simpsons is because it doesn't require taste or brain matter to like it. They lost the humour and the quality so long ago it's unforgivable.
You officially have no taste in anything. Fine, insult dubs all you want. Insinuate cartoons are 'less refined' than anime...But the SECOND you insult The Simpsons or Futurama...why then, ma'am, you've gone too far.

Ever watched .Hack//Sign? No brain matter required to hear "Tsukasas a boy" "No I'm not" "So you're a girl?" "Never said that" "What are you?" "OMG I CAN'T LOG OFF OMG OH NOES ;_;"

The Muffin Man
9th July 2004, 10:22 AM
How about I saw my money and buy Futurama season 3? You know, something GOOD.

What seasons were Jurassic Bark and The Sting on? That'll pretty much shut Last Exile up about just about anything he has to say about Futurama.

I don't even want to know what TMM would said if he read your post...
His name is Mr.Tsukasa. That shows he has no taste and thus obviously WOULDN'T like Futurama. Isn't it a bit obvious?

Pre-post Edit:
Raz, get the flame retardent suits...this ones gonna be big.

I think Futurama is horrible
People like you, Mr.Tsukasa, are whats wrong with the anime community. You and Last Exile both **** on the Simpsons and Futurama - Both of which by Tsukasas facts are AMAZING shows(.hack won awards so it's good? FUTURAMA WON MORE AWARDS, so it's MUCH better.) - And expect us to agree with you despite the fact your touting one of the worst anime as one of the best? Don't get me wrong. I LOVED Gundam Wing, and they had long stretches of nothing but talking, but it LEAD somewhere and it wasn't in circles.

The last time I watched .Hack//Sign, I was confused. I had no clue what was going on. I watched it from beginning to end. Now, you might be saying "Well maybe you missed an earlier part"...I checked the info screen on digital cable and read that it was, indeed, the FIRST episode. Really no excuse to catch it from the opening and still have no clue what the hell they're trying to do.

Now before I continue calling you a humorless, uneducated elitist, please tell me, what happens in a later part of the series of .hack//sign that changes how the first episode should open is ever touched upon?
Raz, you probably know what I'm talking about...I've gotta leave at the moment, but I'll edit in more later.

.hacker
9th July 2004, 11:18 AM
In the later episodes of .hack//Sign, the purpose of the item found in the treasure chest is explained and the mysterious voice heard is also explained as well.

I saw Futurama, I didn't like it. However, I have been a fan of the Simpsons since 1989, Season 1.

Rudoku
9th July 2004, 05:22 PM
.hack was the most boring and disappointing series I've ever been subjected to. It's one of those series that makes you wonder why anyone would watch that crap(I feel this way about Eva and, to a lesser degree, FLCL). I'd rather watch Season 2 of Ranma 1/2 and even the whole dubbed Garlic Jr. Saga of DBZ before that mess again.

The Muffin Man
9th July 2004, 05:48 PM
In the later episodes of .hack//Sign, the purpose of the item found in the treasure chest is explained and the mysterious voice heard is also explained as well.

I saw Futurama, I didn't like it. However, I have been a fan of the Simpsons since 1989, Season 1.

That's not what I'm talking about. At all. In a later episode, something happens that changes how the series opened. I'm not sure if the series opened like that originally or if it was edited it, but the event that changed the first episode ACTUALLY CHANGED THE FIRST EPISODE!!

What didn't you like? Care to give us an example? Was it how the first episode forshadows(or at the very least, was edited to forshadow) a much later event? How it has a semi-ongoing plot with the characters? How it never really lets continuity drop off, but doesn't make it totally neccasary? Would you rather Fry cryed when he had to shoot Leila in the game they played online? Or would you rather none of them showed emotion? Would you rather that Bender droned endlessly about wether or not he wasn't saying he was a male or female robot?

Please. Before you go and insult Futurama, make sure you have something to back it up. Claiming Futurama "failed" in only 4 years(Hey jackass, it was tossed from 8:30 Sundays, to 7:30 Sundays...from following the Simpsons to heading up the Simpsons. Finally, when Family Guy came around, Futurama dropped to 7:00PM Sundays. Do you know how horrible a time slot that is??) is pretty ignorant considering I don't think CN even FINISHED .hack//sign. For good reason too. Considering it IS one of the worst anime to ever blemish any non-japanese speaking country.

Razola
10th July 2004, 12:27 AM
I saw my first episode of .hack/legends, and it involves heavy cases of incest.

No.

Just...NO.

The Muffin Man
11th July 2004, 10:40 AM
I saw my first episode of .hack/legends, and it involves heavy cases of incest.

No.

Just...NO.

I'm damn glad I missed .Hack//Legends...I REALLY don't wanna know.

Last Exile
11th July 2004, 10:45 PM
I don't think I want to either!

This topic has gotten way out of want, so it's going the way of the dodo before a flame war really breaks out.