PDA

View Full Version : New Pokemon for James AT LAST!

Zak
19th June 2004, 07:50 PM
Okay, I'm 99.999999% sure this is true, as there's a topic about it on Palette and its confirmed by others who saw this in the magazine. According to Paletters, in the lastest "Pokemon Scoop" magazine, along with the revelation of the AG85 title, it has been revealed that in AG 84 (the Fortree feather festival ep) is where James gets his new Pokemon, and it is a....

Chimecho!

Not that I hadn't expected that in a million years, but I'm pretty sure that its accurate. Not only is it posted by a reliable member who has posted news in the past there, but it's from the same source as that AG85 title.

Discuss!

~Zak

Water Pokemon Master
19th June 2004, 07:54 PM
That is an odd Pokemon choice. I wonder how it will work out for Team Rocket.

Animelee
19th June 2004, 07:59 PM
Woah, this is totally unexpected! I was expecting Satoshi/Ash to get Chirin/Chimecho! O_O! Well, this is great news!

Hehe, I wonder what Satoshi's sixth Pokémon will be!

Water Pokemon Master
19th June 2004, 08:00 PM
Can Chimecho even walk? Maybe it will hover or something like Weezing.

Gaborn
19th June 2004, 08:08 PM
I've never used a Chimecho, but I was under the impression that it was kind of a rare pokemon. It will be interesting to see how James handles this bizarre psychic pokemon.

JazzJazz
19th June 2004, 08:13 PM
It'll be interesting to see how this chimecho is flawed that makes it a suitable Team Rocket pokemon...

The_Missing_Link
19th June 2004, 09:26 PM
It'll be interesting to see how this chimecho is flawed that makes it a suitable Team Rocket pokemon...

Arbok and Weezing weren't flawed and they were TR Pokemon, same with Seviper now. Only since Wobbuffet have most of them been screwed up in some way

Interesting choice but I hope it ends up like Weezing, pretty obedient and rather normal

Gaborn
19th June 2004, 09:40 PM
Victreebell had issues too. The only problem Dustox has is that it belongs to Jessie instead of James (who did a great job handling it in the pokeringer episode).

have a stammer
19th June 2004, 10:01 PM
Very odd. It just doesn't sit right. But Surprises like this are what makes pokemon fun. And it will also finally shut up those who CONSTANTLY whine "when is James getting another pokemon?"

The episode should be interesting and of course Chimecho's personality should also be interesting. When I first read it I was thinking an Angry or mean Chimecho, which would be very odd and funny. Although I was hoping for James to get a Snorunt.

Chris 2.1
20th June 2004, 07:20 AM
Kool! This sounds awesome...I think Chimecho (sp?) will float like Koffing, but its tail will flap and billow in the breeze.

I hope, if this IS true, that they steal and catch it, just to prove theyre bad_@$$

Hehe.

Rocketboy
20th June 2004, 09:21 AM
A Chimeho for Team Rocket? That's kind of odd. I'm glad James gets another pokčmon which will lead up to "WHEN WILL HE GET HIS 3RD POKĘMON?"

ChicRocketJames
21st June 2004, 05:16 AM
o_O

That is just ... bizarre. Chimeco looks like the sort of Pokemon that would be the star of one mediocre filler episode and never heard from again. And it looks like such a twerpy Pokemon. Weird to see it given to Team Rocket.

Oh well, personally I'd have been happy for James to just stick with Cacnea, but I suppose we'll have to wait a while to see what Chimeco's personality will be like. They certainly get points for originality. o_O

Scythemantis
21st June 2004, 08:14 AM
Of COURSE chimeco hovers, tons of pokemon hover.

I kinda liked when TR was all about evil-looking poison types. James still has one pokemon less than jessie. I say she should've given him wobbuffet, since she doesn't like it much and it fits his persona a little better than hers.

Water Pokemon Master
21st June 2004, 03:53 PM
Maybe Chimecho will constantly ring and wake them up, if it does indeed ring. My grandma just put up a chime outside one of her bedroom window's where I slept overnight last night and it woke me up. :)

It would be so funny if sweet little Chimecho had an evil personality. I can just imagine it being a little devil. I can also imagine it being a nice little Chimecho too. :)

Iveechan
21st June 2004, 05:19 PM
Ew. It's so not... TR-ish. Atleast they're going to be focusing on a Pokemon people tend to forget.

Water Pokemon Master
21st June 2004, 10:24 PM
I have a theory about Chimecho, which is that I don't think it was meant to be a R/S Pokemon. With Gameshark codes, it is always last on the list, which means the programers could had just thrown it in at the last minute. It also can only be found in one little patch of grass in R/S, as if they just threw it there. I don't think there are any trainers who have it in R/S too.

So, maybe that is why they gave James Chimecho.

Animelee
21st June 2004, 10:45 PM
I think it was thrown in R/S during the last minutes of programming by GAME FREAK. Without it, Deoxys would be the last Pokémon on the hex list (I'm not sure what the word is, my friend told me about it), and that would've given us 385 Pokémon in total, which isn't as odd as the odd amount of 386. Maybe Kojirou/James is getting Chirin/Chimecho because it's sort of a "forgotten Pokémon", much like the Red Team (Musashi/Jesse, Kojirou/James, Nyarth/Meowth) of Team Rocket. They're a wacky bunch, and because of that, they get the oddest pairings, as well. :lol:

Andrew
22nd June 2004, 12:24 AM
Hopefully with the appearance of Chimeco, the return of Jiggly is apparent, for whenever Jiggly sings, Chimeco awakens everyone ;x

Water Pokemon Master
22nd June 2004, 01:59 AM
I think Jigglypuff is already coming back in a few episodes in America.

Kojiro
22nd June 2004, 07:28 AM
Yeah Chimeco is a Pokemon people always seem to forget,like Dunsparce and Farfetch'd. And Chimeco will become more popular if TR uses it, I don't think Wobbuffet was that popular till TR got it. You know, CHimeco seems to be the perfect Pokemon to have a evolution next generation, maybe Jame's will evolve into a new Pokemon!

Animelee
22nd June 2004, 12:05 PM
Good point. Sonansu/Wobbuffet was more popular for its weird movesets, but after it was introduced to the show, it gathered a great following amoung fans. There are even fan clubs in Japan, all dedicated to the greatness of Sonansu/Wobbuffet. Their symbols are the "Sonansu Salute"*, as I like to call it. ^^

Chrin/Chimecho'll probably gain another following -- I have a feelin'. :)

* = I know Sonansu/Wobbuffet's "salute" is based on a Japanese comedian's act, where he'd smack head and say, "Is that so, madame?" -- which sounds like "Sonansu" in Japanese. Of course, I don't know what else to call it, so, I just call it a "salute". ^^;

Kojiro
22nd June 2004, 02:22 PM
They have Wobbuffet Fan-Clubs! Cool!

Also Arbok and Weezing, Meowth, Seviper, and the rest of the zany gang were ignored till kids saw TR with them and they wanted to be just like them! :eek:

Anyway, I hope Chimeco becomes a strong and funny TR Pokemon for Hoenn!

Light_Togetic
3rd July 2004, 11:25 AM
Aww... why is it all the interesting stuff happens when I'm gone! /whinning

And it will also finally shut up those who CONSTANTLY whine "when is James getting another pokemon?"

Erm, I guess that'd be me. And I think I had a right to whine about it. :mad2: I happen to like James, and thought that he deserved to get another pokemon. But there's no arguing with you that him catching a Chimecho will "shut me up". So... so there.

Anyway! Chimecho is such a cutie! And I'm glad that it isn't doing what many expected James' next pokemon to do; which was to eat/attack him when coming out of its pokeball. -_-

have a stammer
3rd July 2004, 12:41 PM
And it will also finally shut up those who CONSTANTLY whine "when is James getting another pokemon?"

This was directed more towards people at other forums. Who create a topic about when is James getting his next pokemon but then also discuss James getting his next pokemon in every single thread in the spoiler/anime section if there is an evolution people question when is James getting his next, in the weekly new episode thread they moan because in this episode James didn't get anything and then proceed to moan about in every episode thread after that, until finally they can stop because of episode 84. I wasn't worried I figured they would give James a second soon.

Zak
3rd July 2004, 02:54 PM
As for Jigglypuff, I also think it may be making a second Hoenn appearance in AG 87. Not sure, but I heard somewhere.

~Zak

Blackjack Gabbiani
4th July 2004, 01:56 PM
* = I know Sonansu/Wobbuffet's "salute" is based on a Japanese comedian's act, where he'd smack head and say, "Is that so, madame?" -- which sounds like "Sonansu" in Japanese. Of course, I don't know what else to call it, so, I just call it a "salute". ^^;

I've always heard "So it is", as a statement, and without the 'madame' part. Said with a sense of resignation, too.

Although seriously, that's the dumbest trait for a Pokémon, like--EVER.

Animelee
4th July 2004, 06:14 PM
I've always heard "So it is", as a statement, and without the 'madame' part. Said with a sense of resignation, too.

Hmm, I may of gotten mixed up, then. :sweat2: I'm sure the comedian said "madame", though, it was part of his comedic act -- but he'd say it after "soonansu!". Y'know how Nyarth/Meowth says "That's right!" after Team Rocket recites their motto? I've heard that "Sonansu!" is a synonym for that phrase, which is why Nyarth/Meowth would beat Sonansu/Wobbuffet up in the early Johto episodes for stealing his line, in a way. :lol: I guess "So it is" and "That's right!" are in a way, synonyms.

Although seriously, that's the dumbest trait for a Pokémon, like--EVER.

Dumb?! DUMB?! Well, at least it's unique! I mean, you've got a blue talking punching bag who slaps his forehead and repeats the same phrase over and over while taking hits from the foes and giving them back double. It's better than another brown bird that's a Normal/Flying type, that's for sure. :lol:

Blackjack Gabbiani
4th July 2004, 08:15 PM
Sure, it's *unique*, but really now, basing a creature's habit on a stand-up comedian of the seventies? A habit that has nothing to do with its (also unique) abilities?

Light_Togetic
7th July 2004, 11:37 PM
This was directed more towards people at other forums. Who create a topic about when is James getting his next pokemon but then also discuss James getting his next pokemon in every single thread in the spoiler/anime section if there is an evolution people question when is James getting his next, in the weekly new episode thread they moan because in this episode James didn't get anything and then proceed to moan about in every episode thread after that, until finally they can stop because of episode 84. I wasn't worried I figured they would give James a second soon.

Oh. :sweat3: Well, now that I have made a fool of myself unecessarily... You know, those people kinda annoy me too... I think it's okay to whine once in a while about someone not getting pokemon, but to do it constantly; that's different.

Powarun
9th July 2004, 01:45 PM
Somehow, I get a feeling though that it will take after Wobbuffet and pop out of its ball, and then make some ringing sound, adn ruin all stealth that TR planned. So use it as another gimmick.

Water Pokemon Master
9th July 2004, 03:56 PM
Or it will accidently heal the twerp's Pokemon and ruin everything.

Chikoo
22nd July 2004, 08:16 PM
I used to think Chimecho was a legendary.. I guess not. I hope he doesn't come out looking like a fool like previous TR Pokemon have..