Type: (P)
Stage 1
Evolve from Eevee
Weakness: (P)
Resistance: N/A
Retreat Cost: (C)

Pre-Evolution Choice:
1) Eevee
The best Eevee to choose so far is from the Sandstorm set, as it’s Sign of Evolution attack can bring out Espeon fast from the deck.

Attack:
(P) Confuse Ray 20
Flip a coin. If heads, the defending Pokemon is now Confused.
A pretty average attack for the cost of 1 energy of a Stage 1 Pokemon that may confuse opponent’s Pokemon.
(CCC) Energy Crush 20+
Does 20 damage plus 10 damage times the number of Energy cards attached to all of your opponent's Pokemon.
This attack works well against SD Magneton or Gardevoir ex deck, as both Pokemon need a lot of energy attach to your opponent Pokemon.

Combo:
No real combo here. Espeon may need other Psychic Pokemon like SS Wobbufet or Psychic resistance Pokemon like Houndoom to counter Gardevoir ex.

Card Art Rating in number 1-10: 6
Comment: This card is useful as a Gardevoir ex counter. Espeon HP and Psychic weakness means a SS Wobbufet can OHKO it. And so does Gardevoir ex. So, the fastest player to bring out of either Pokemon will get the advantage.
Overall Rating in number 1-10: 6

Roarkiller
20th June 2004, 07:17 AM
Gardevoir ex works with all the energy in play, so it can afford to have no energy on its own side. But its a good idea tho.

Best strat against G-ex for espeon is to use HL claydoll or other pkmn w/ seriously low energy count, forcing ur opp to build up his energy pool, then send out espy for the kill.

Btw, i see the attack meditate has made a comeback, is there any pkmn that can half a pkmn's life?

Alec Trevelyan
20th June 2004, 09:17 PM
hum, i'd say u should make gardy/gardy ex as next report, i like these cards =)
this espeon is good w/ kingdra EX, 3rd place on brazilian nats