PDA

View Full Version : [P]The Root of Your (User)Name

Perdanski
21st June 2004, 03:54 AM
This is a Poll about how your username was thought up. In others words, how did you think up your username. Well, mine is just some made up word from an old campaign of StarCraft. It was so long.....but there were several names and finally it came to this one. How about yours?

Wigglytuff
21st June 2004, 03:57 AM
My other username is Kiyone. So I'll talk about that one..

I was using the irc nick Yuffie at the time. I was in this lame channel that me and a friend kept taking over and there was this chump I tell ya, and somehow i got her irc pass and i took the nick Kiyone and I just started using that from that moment. Been over 2 years ^_^

before my forum username was kiyone, it was Meowth. yes, i'm serious :(

shazza
21st June 2004, 07:15 AM
What the hell? You were also Mewoth? I just come to terms you were Yuffie. And I didn't know Mewoth and Yuffie were the same !! :cry:

pokemastershazza2000

pokemaster - Well I am a pokemaster :cool:

shazza - That is my nickname !

2000 - It was the year 2000 !!

pokemaster+shazza+2000=pokemastershazza2000 :lemon:

AntiAsh Superstar
21st June 2004, 07:40 AM
Basically, you take this rather sad person who liked Marilyn Manson, and give his 'Antichrist Superstar' album title a pokémon related twist, aided nimbly by the fact that I've never been too fond of Ash anyways. :p Of course now I wish I'd named myself after the album of a better band, but meh...

cd
21st June 2004, 08:04 AM
i've used cool_daddy_47 from the start. :limecool:

uh, when i registered my dad gave me the idea or something.

Jay Umbreon
21st June 2004, 08:57 AM
my name is jay. my favourite pokemon was umbreon. Jay-Umbreon.

I tried Jay first, but it was taken. then umbreon..and that was taken.

my original username was 'JAY UMBREON' - because I typed in all caps then.

~Jay

CaptainDean
21st June 2004, 09:20 AM
Well, my name is Dean, and i'm the mother ****ing captain.

Chris
21st June 2004, 10:38 AM
My name's Chris, and uh, that's just about it... :P

Red Angel
21st June 2004, 10:52 AM
It's from the anime series Vandread. Don't ask.

Number1ChanseyFan
21st June 2004, 11:29 AM
Well, when I signed up, I was just trying to think of a Pokémon that I liked to be part of my username, and Chansey just popped into my head. As for the rest of my name, I don't know why I put that in there, it just kinda popped into my head too. Actually, I think my username sounds kind of dumb, but I never have asked for it to be changed, because I have been here for 3 1/2 years, and I am just kind of used to it, and so is everybody else here.

[McGraw]
21st June 2004, 11:53 AM
Feathers McGraw, the penguin from Wallace & Gromit (y)

[attachment deleted by admin]

Gothic Animé
21st June 2004, 12:23 PM
well, lets see....i like animé, so that's how i got the 'Animé' part. as for the 'Gothic' part...i dunno. it's a cool word. but i'm not gothic. don't ask. o.O

Yoh Asakura
21st June 2004, 12:32 PM
Hmmm I wonder where mine came from.

YY - Yu-Gi-Oh! used it since YGOD back in 2000 I think, everybody knew me as it so I moved around diff YGO messageboards with the same name, still people knew me so I kept it here.

YA - Love Shaman King so yeah. I did want the lil ™ at the end but the board ****s up every now and again and changes all special characters to well, not ™.

FTorchicX
21st June 2004, 12:57 PM
FlamingTorchic- I chose this to be my username first because I use it on practically every other forum I go to, but the reason I chose it from the start was because Torchic was taken, so I just though of a random adverb and "Flaming" came to mind. Now people love that nickname and hate it when I change it. oO;;

FTorchicX- Well, I don't like how "FlamingTorchic" looks on this forum, so I decided to make a shorter version just for TPM. =P

phaedrus
21st June 2004, 01:24 PM
arcanine612-Arcanines are cool, 612 is 6/12, my birthday.

Donkey-Shrek-inspired, obviously

Monsta-Shrek-inspired again

Mr. Buu-I used to like dbz

strat-guitars are cool. the stratocaster recieves a :monocle2: from me.

gomez
21st June 2004, 01:48 PM
'Gomez' isn't my real name or anything. It was my toking name. I got it around the first month I started smoking the gonj. Its been with me ever since. I've quit since then, but the name has stuck.

I use it for everything now, from file names on games to the name of the main characters in games.

I 've also been using the same password for everything for the past three years or so. ******** is my TPM password, hotmail, anything from home that needs a password, and even some hentai sites.

Edit: When I was here like three years ago, I was 'Articuno' . It was the first legendary that I ever caught and Ice is my favorite type, so it just seemed natural to use it.

Agent Elrond
21st June 2004, 02:10 PM
>.>

Anyone here know of an actor named Hugo Weaving? He's from Australia, he's done a lot of stage work there, and been in some very good small, independant movies like The Adventures of Priscilla Queen of the Desert and Proof. He was also the voice of the sheepdog Rex in the Babe movies.

He's pretty darn good to, I admire him a lot.

So how does this affect my usename? Well, he also played Agent Smith in The Matrix trilogy, and Elrond in LOTR.

I think you can figure the rest out on your own. ;)

"Welcome to Rivendell, Mr. Anderson."

Katie
21st June 2004, 02:11 PM
guess 8)

to make this post have.. more than one word.. my first sn here was "DarkMisty" ...well it's a pokemon board so I used my favorite character's name, added dark because at times she was too happy for me, so I came up with this idea for an eviler misty who trained fire pokemon (houndoom charizard and typhlosion if you must know :P) I came up with so many drawings of her, she was just ...my character. so.. <3

~Katie

Music Dragon
21st June 2004, 02:35 PM
My username? Guess why! Just read my sig and I won't have to write too much. ;) I don't usually use this username, I change it depending on what I'm using it for. For example, here it is Music Dragon because I love Altaria.

Zak
21st June 2004, 02:39 PM
Three guesses :P

Although I might as well talk about my old name. SpinaZak238. For a while I tried thinking of a Pokemon that would sound good with my name in it. Then "Spinazak" had a ring to it, unlike "Zakdos", "Marozak", and other stuff I had. The 238 was just somewhat random. When I was 11 I registered the AIM name "yoyo238" which I still use now, and the 238 was just random cause it was 'cool' to use random numbers in usernames. By the time I'd picked it, though, I didn't like the trend too much anymore, but I then just did it to match my AIM name.

~Zak

mr_pikachu
21st June 2004, 02:47 PM
mr_pikachu's Human-speak translation is Mr. Pikachu. That should be relatively easy to figure out. :yes:

Aeges_Ateri
21st June 2004, 03:54 PM
I believe the translation from Latin or some other language for the word "Aegis" is a shield, or form of protection. I merely changed it to "Aeges" because of my love for the regions around the Aegean sea, especially Greece. "Ater" in Latin, is darkness. I changed it to "Ateri" because I believed it sounded better. Though I am not sure if which way Latin is read, front to back, or back to front, regardless it was meant to be "Dark Shield". Which meant not a shield from darkness, but darkness bent on defense (or something like that). The underscore was just to connect the two.

EVme15
21st June 2004, 08:59 PM
:133:Moi[FavoriteNumber]

There you go. No spaces.

I actually thought this name up on the Drawing Boards (ah... the memories...), and it kinda stuck over to the UBB. I originally signed up as EVme, but there was a problem with that account so...

Wolfsong
21st June 2004, 09:15 PM
My first user name and the one i had for a majority of time here was Nala98. It sprang from the fact that The Lion King was my favorite Disney move, and i graduated from high school in 1998. But recently, I kind of gotten less interested in the Lion King. My current name Wolfsong stems from the fact that Wolves are my favorite animals. The song of a wolf is their howls, though the idea of the name came form an old book that i read, though it really had nothing to do with a wolf's howl.

Angel Blossom
21st June 2004, 09:42 PM
I remember that a long time ago in January of '01, a friend of mine from BMG simply suggested the username to me. I was out of ideas for one, so I listened to her and changed my BMG username to Angel Blossom. When I came to TPM and registered, I decided to use the same username so that incase any BMG'ers came here, they'd know who I was.

I was extremely girly back then, so I thought this name would be cute. Now I think it's odd. ^^;

kainashi
21st June 2004, 09:44 PM
mine means worthless/useless/hopeless in japanese, which is cool.

bme
21st June 2004, 10:36 PM
Mine is my initials. Ingenious or what? 8)

Fett One
21st June 2004, 11:00 PM
I'm a Star Wars fan so I decided to base my name from one of the characters. I combined Boba Fett's name with the name of his ship, the Slave One, to get Fett One.

Neo-Xantios
21st June 2004, 11:46 PM
Ah, once again. Xantios was a Protoss hero from a campaign I've played a LONG time ago in StarCraft. I've decided to temporarily use this "Xantios", but then I've kept it ever since. Before, I used the name "Pokestar" before this one, but that was WAY to obvious.

Last Exile
22nd June 2004, 11:59 PM
My old name, Citrus Crush Chikorita, was a combo of Chikorita being my favourite Pokemon and because I wanted a tropcial-sounding name.

My name now is Last Exile, ebcause I no longer like Pokemon at all or any of the fodder anime. I only watch proper anime now, and Last Exile is my favourite. I consider it to be one of the pinnacles of human crativity and an inspiration, so it is only fitting i use it as my user name. ;)

Totodile_Grl
23rd June 2004, 07:06 AM
Hrmmm well lets see.. Used to be a big fan of Totodile.. and this is what I was known as around here.. back in the day, that's going back about 4 years, lol.

GreenShirT
23rd June 2004, 07:15 AM
It was a while ago in the early days of attending Newcastle College when I was flicking through a copy of FHM I was reading and seeing the site of the month as Pimpwar.com. Seeing this I thought to myself, 'sounds interesting' so I decided to check it out, turns out it was an online game and a very good one. So myself and Phil decided to sign up and play but to Sign up I had to think of a Pimpname which I had trouble with so asked Phil for any ideas.
It just so happened I was wearing my new green shirt which I had just bought a few days before (Green Hawaiian shirt with the xrays of 'The hand of God' on it) so Phil suggested how about Green-Shirt and I liked it so changed the style a bit to: GreenShirT and bingo! My username for almost everything was born!!

Next week I will tell you how I pick my passwords ;)

ChicRocketJames
23rd June 2004, 09:33 AM
ChicRocketJames is sort of obvious, really. No, it doesn't mean "chick", as in girl. Chic, as in fashionable, or smart, or having style and taste. James of Team Rocket fits that description, and as well as being one of my three favourite characters from the show, also happens to share my first name.

As for the bajillion other names I've had ... god, I can't even remember them all. My first ever TPM name, the one I joined under, was Sen, which I picked because I couldn't think of anything better and it sounded cool. Years later it's now the name of the protagonist of my fanfic. Other times I've been inspired to make a new name because of my love of Ally McBeal (Subzero Morgan), Murkrow (Nevermore, Yami_Karasu) and other things. In fact, this is my second ChicRocketJames account, as in a moment of madness I had the original one changed to Jamesology101, which I quickly grew tired of for obvious reasons.

DarkTemplarZ
23rd June 2004, 10:02 AM
My original name back in 2000-01 was Rhydon4, Rhydon was my fave pokemon and the name just sounded cool so yeah. I've also had a million other names not really worth explaining. As for DarkTemplarZ, the Dark Templar are from StarCraft and they've always been my favorite units even though they usually die before they can abuse their insane attack power. One of my older sn's that was banned was DarkTemplarZero, just cuz it sounded nice. That was banned but I still liked it so I dropped the ero and hence DarkTemplarZ

Starry Might
23rd June 2004, 05:38 PM
*SIGHS* Once again... *TAKES A DEEP BREATH*

My User Name is derived from the March 2000 issue of "Nintendo Power", specifically the strategy review for the original "Pokemon Stadium". One of their "Recommended Rentals" for the Pika Cup was :121: Starmie. The title of the paragraph about Starmie was "Starry Might" (a play on "Starry Night").

When I first signed up here back in November 2000, I decided to use this name 'cause it's different and cool. 8) Sadly, my original account here got wiped out when the boards were moved in December that year, so I re-registered as "Starry_Might" (note the underscore). When the option to change your User Name in your Profile (or whatever) came along (forgot when exactly), I seized the opportunity and got rid of that underscore!

I've used "Starry Might" as my online name in general ever since.

*EXHALES DEEPLY*

P.S. - I like your Polls, Perdanski! How's about a "The Root of Your Avatar" poll? :D

Charizard04621
24th June 2004, 08:36 PM
Um... It was long ago and Charizard was like my favorite thing... First pokémon I saw and I was like, "Oh, cool, he's awesome!" I used to stare at my Red Version color picture. -_-; Anyway, obviously I couldn't just be "Charizard" so I made up a string of random numbers that popped into my head at the time. Yeah, I'm strange.

Leon-IH
24th June 2004, 09:50 PM
Leon-IH ~ i dont have a flippen clue, it just happened.

Aipom Of Doom
24th June 2004, 10:48 PM
uh, the "Aipom" part came from me thinking that Aipoms were quite cool/funny, and also since (seemingly) no one else likes Aipoms it makes it quite unique. The "of Doom" part came from me not wanting to be just plain "Aipom", and a lack of a better phrase =o.

Kirei
25th June 2004, 07:10 AM
Kirei is the name of my adopted Espeon in Dragon Tamers, who was originally Ade's creation. She is a lot like me, and Ade often calls me Kirei because we are so similar. I like the name so I took it. I used to be called Bugsy but I wanted something more girly so changed it! :196:

RedStarWarrior
25th June 2004, 09:48 AM
I just made it up. I picked words that sounded good together, in my opinion, and used it.

classy_cat18
25th June 2004, 03:14 PM
pokefan64 = pokemon + Nintendo 64.

classy_cat18: When I was thinking up a unused Pokemon to use for my username, I noticed that there was a lack of Persian, the Classy Cat Pokemon. And I was eighteen when I first used this so...

Kris
25th June 2004, 06:38 PM
My name's Chris, and uh, that's just about it... :P

You know I had the exact same idea!

The_Missing_Link
25th June 2004, 06:50 PM
Wartortle13: I was 13 when I signed up and my favorite Pokemon at the time was Wartortle

Charizard_Wartortle: Two favorite Pokemon. This one didn't last long

The_Missing_Link: This is embarrassing but I forgot how I came upon this name but distinctly remember trying to get Link into it because I was (and still am) a fan of Ocarina of Time. The name didn't even have anything to do with OoT but I thought it sounded cool so I kept it

I pretty much forgot all my other s/n's but I think Zak remembers :o

The Muffin Man
25th June 2004, 11:23 PM
Originally - PMM2 or PokemasterMike2. Pokemaster Mike was taken. And so was Pokemaster Mike2. Actually that second one was me. I just lost my password and should have about 1500 posts more.
Then - PMM2 - Abbreviated.
Then - Pee Emm Emm Too - Written out abbreviation.
Finally - The Muffin Man. No clue. Just so the sig "The question is...do YOU know ME?" would fit. And it stuck...

Dark Dragonite
27th June 2004, 05:38 PM
I just like Dragonite, and I like dark topics...

homeofmew
28th June 2004, 02:00 PM
homeofmew: home of mew. I had a site called The Home of Mew and so I made all my user names everywhere homeofmew.

fumidasukoto: means "to start out" in Japanese

Tainted
28th June 2004, 03:14 PM
Three guesses :P

Although I might as well talk about my old name. SpinaZak238. For a while I tried thinking of a Pokemon that would sound good with my name in it. Then "Spinazak" had a ring to it, unlike "Zakdos", "Marozak", and other stuff I had. The 238 was just somewhat random. When I was 11 I registered the AIM name "yoyo238" which I still use now, and the 238 was just random cause it was 'cool' to use random numbers in usernames. By the time I'd picked it, though, I didn't like the trend too much anymore, but I then just did it to match my AIM name.

~Zak

Heh-- I had to post because when I was like 10 and in grade five, me and my friend had our own little "gym" with pokemon cards, and I was "Zakdos" and he was "Iansaur." Yeah-- we were pretty badass. That was before gold and silver, though.
Skullfire? Well, I was in grade four, and my e-mail was "Skullfire11@hotmail.com," and I still use the e-mail because I'm too lazy to get a new one. Um, I picked it because it was badass to have "skulls" or "fire" in your e-mail address-- and eleven's my lucky number. So, when I signed up a long time ago I picked the username Skullfire.

Adieu,
Zak Hunter

Ultimate Charizard
25th July 2004, 03:17 PM
WARNING.... THREAD REVIVAL!!!

Mine, Just liked Charizard but wanted something sounding a little Cooler. Back then i tried a few variations before Settling on Ultimate.

Dont really use it much now other than being my actual tpm name. My Close net friends call me Gav, when we first started chatting it was UC and only the Newbs afraid of modishness power or just plain suck ups call me the Full name.

Boy of Enders
25th July 2004, 03:28 PM
My name is quite originally from a videogame, its obvious i'm the only one who could steal a name from such a thing.

Anyway, i have an obsession with the Zone of the Enders games and in the first game the main characters "friends" are tied up by some evil doer who calls him "boy of enders" so tada! New name!

Starmew15
25th July 2004, 08:08 PM
Wow, talk about deja vu... My name came from when I was 15 years old, and first came to TPM. I liked Starmie and Mew, put them together with my age and voila! Starmew15.

freshmex
25th July 2004, 10:33 PM
My original name was edge101 since back then edge was the tighest wrestler ever, totally reeking of awesomeness. Edge was already taken so i added 101 because i thought it sounded cool.

Freshmex is now my name because i think one day on irc nick was like "the freshmex slogan from chevys is cool edge" so i think freshmex has been my nickname for about 2.5 years now and i use it for everything. Thanks nick.

Anju
26th July 2004, 12:05 AM
Anju- a girl from Zelda: Majora's mask. She was one of my favorite characters.

Crystal Mew
26th July 2004, 12:30 AM
Crystal Mew- I dunno, I liked mew, and..I jsut put random names on a paper, and I liked Crystal Mew the best... because it sounds good together, and yeah. o_o;

Toxicity
26th July 2004, 03:47 AM
Well, I'll go through with my SNs since I started...

Gothic Latias - Back when I started, it was about a month until Ruby/Sapphire was released, and it turned out my favorite Pokemon then was Latias. I only used the Gothic part because when I started, I was also a semi-expert on barbaric groups around the Late Roman/Early Medieval period, and the Goths happened to be one of my particular favorites.

Kikyo - I was tired of being laughed at for my username because of the silly stereotype used by anarchists, so I turned to Anime for an answer. I wanted a character that reminded me of myself a slight bit, and Kikyo came to mind, because I seem emotionless on the outside with emotion buried deep inside, and the fact I am descendant of an archer(if ya heard of Robin Hood, you've heard of Little John. John happened to be probably the most famous of my ancestors).