PDA

View Full Version : Rmt

Freyr
21st June 2004, 12:22 PM
this team is basically me trying to bundle two previous teams together. it didnt work due to the really bad weakness to ground. so heres what i have now... all help appreciated.(no order)

Gardevoir~?
Thunderbolt
Calm mind
Psychic
Reflect

Flygon~?
Earthquake
Crunch
Dragon Claw
Flamethrower

Breloom~?
Spore
Focus Punch
Counter
Leech seed/Sludge Bomb

Weezing~?
Sludge bomb
Flamethrower
Haze
Explosion

Lanturn~leftovers
Ice Beam
Thunderbolt
Confuse Ray
Surf

I wanted a dusclops here, but i'm already weak to ground attacks (earthquake, mainly). any help would be appreciated.

Number1ChanseyFan
21st June 2004, 02:23 PM
Your Gardevoir is fairly standard, Will-O-Wisp or Destiny Bond are also options for the last move. You can attach either Leftovers or a Salac Berry, with a Timid personality.

Flygon-Not bad, but realize that by going with a special sweeping Flygon, you are going to be giving up some power from Earthquake, because your EVs are going to have to be used for Special Attack. Earthquake will still be useable, but it just won't be as strong. However, the physical sweeping Flygon will be better with FR/LG, when it can get Rock Slide. Your moveset will work ok, you will probably want to go with a neutral personality though. Attach either Leftovers or a Petaya Berry.

Breloom-Not bad, but be careful, because Sludge Bomb could get in the way of Spore if it poisons the enemy. I would go with Leech Seed instead. Also, instead of Counter, there are a couple of possibilities, such as HP Rock, HP Ghost, Mach Punch, Protect. Also, if this is a 386 online battling team, Swords Dance is another option, as Breloom can get it in Fire Red/Leaf Green. Attach Leftovers, and use an Adamant personality.

Weezing-Good moveset. Attach Leftovers. However, some people prefer Fire Blast over Flamethrower on Weezing, it is less accurate, but more powerful, and it seems to be a popular choice for Weezing, especially if you use the standard Jolly personality, which is +Speed, -Special Attack.

Lanturn-Pretty good!! You might want to get Thunder Wave on the moveset though, since your team doesn't have a paralyzer. You could use T-Wave over Confuse Ray, attach Leftovers, with a Modest personality.

For your last Pokémon, you could use Dusclops, it is not weak to Ground types, and your team isn't all that weak against Earthquake, either. Only Lanturn is weak against Ground, Weezing and Flygon have Levitate, so they are immune to Ground attacks, and Breloom is a Grass type, so Ground types are not very effective against Breloom.

There are a couple of ways that you can use Dusclops.

Calm Mind
Will-o-Wisp
Ice Beam/Psychic
Rest
@Leftovers. (Bold Personality)

or

Night Shade
Mean Look
Will-o-Wisp
Confuse Ray
@Leftovers. (Calm Personality)

or

Will-o-Wisp
Imprison
Night Shade
Rest
@Leftovers. (Calm Personality)

The top set is a tank that can attack after Calm Mind is set up, the middle set is a trapping set, and the last set is a tank stopper, Imprison will prevent the opponent from Resting, and also protects you from Will-o-Wisp.

phaedrus
21st June 2004, 02:47 PM
Gardevoir~?
Thunderbolt
Calm mind
Psychic
Reflect

looks fine. @leftovers/salac, modest/timid works

Flygon~?
Earthquake
Crunch
Dragon Claw
Flamethrower

i'd go hp~flying>crunch, rockslide>dragonclaw when fr/lg arrives, and fireblast>flamethrower for steels and ice. @leftovers

Breloom~?
Spore
Focus Punch
Counter
Leech seed/Sludge Bomb

i'd go with leechseed, and put hp~ghost/bulkup>counter. flying will own it three times over so counter is wasted. @leichi/leftovers

Weezing~?
Sludge bomb
Flamethrower
Haze
Explosion

i go with fireblast>flamethrower, usually. @leftovers

Lanturn~leftovers
Ice Beam
Thunderbolt
Confuse Ray
Surf

attract can work over confuseray.

dusclops@leftovers
calmmind
willowisp
icebeam
rest
(bold-pressure)

dusclops@leftovers
meanlook
nightshade
confuseray
willowisp
(calm-pressure)

dusclops@leftovers
imprison
willowisp
nightshade
rest

meh, looking over this, looks like n1cf and i suggested the same dusclop sets. =| pick one. i'd go with the tank, best dusclops set. just know that there's no way in hell that dusclops will go first. =\

Loupeitak
21st June 2004, 07:57 PM
Gardevoir~?
Thunderbolt
Calm mind
Psychic
Reflect

Destiny Bond over reflect. @Salac berry

Flygon~?
Earthquake
Crunch
Dragon Claw
Flamethrower

WRONG! Go with physical sweeper set. Earthquake--Rock Slide--HP~Ghost--Fire Blast @leftovers

Breloom~?
Spore
Focus Punch
Counter
Leech seed/Sludge Bomb

Leech Seed is better. HP~ghost over counter. Get Liechi berry

Weezing~?
Sludge bomb
Flamethrower
Haze
Explosion

Fire Blast over flamethrower. @Leftovers.

Lanturn~leftovers
Ice Beam
Thunderbolt
Confuse Ray
Surf

Thunder-Wave over Confuse Ray

If you want Dusclops go with:

@leftovers
Bold

Calm Mind
Ice beam
Rest
Will-o-Wisp

I guess the team's ok

Ultimate Pikachu
21st June 2004, 10:12 PM
Dusclops can handle Earthquakes.

Gardevoir@Salac Berry/Leftovers
Timid
128 Defense, 128 Speed, 252 Special Attack
Psychic
Thunderbolt
Calm Mind
Reflect/Will-O-Wisp/Destiny Bond

Flygon@Leichi Berry
Jolly
4 HP, 252 Attack, 252 Speed
Earthquake
Return
HP Physical
filler

If you have acsess to FR/LG, then you should put Rock Slide in the last spot.

Breloom@Leichi Berry/Quick Claw
Adamant
4 HP, 252 Attack, 252 Speed
Spore
Focus Punch
Sludge Bomb/HP Ghost/Brick Break/Bulk Up (pick two)

Weezing@Leftovers
Careful/Calm
252 HP, 128 Defense, 128 Special Defense
Sludge Bomb/Thunderbolt
Haze
Will-O-Wisp
Fire Blast/Explosion/Flamethrower

Go with Thunderbolt and Flamethrower if it's Calm.

Lanturn@Leftovers
Modest
128 Defense, 252 Special Attack, 128 Special Defense
Surf
Thunderbolt
Ice Beam
Confuse Ray/Thunder Wave

If you use Dusclops, I would use this set.

Dusclops@Leftovers
Bold
252 HP, 128 Defense, 128 Special Defense
Will-O-Wisp
Calm Mind
Rest
Ice Beam

Freyr
22nd June 2004, 01:56 PM
Ok, i think i'll use the tankclops then. I want to get rid of flygon, it's 4x weakness to ice and crappy defense is annoying me. anyone got any suggestions?

thanks for the rates btw

Ultimate Pikachu
22nd June 2004, 02:30 PM
Ok, i think i'll use the tankclops then. I want to get rid of flygon, it's 4x weakness to ice and crappy defense is annoying me. anyone got any suggestions?

thanks for the rates btw

What kind of Pokémon do you need?

Loupeitak
23rd June 2004, 01:16 AM
you are in need of with another special sweeper or an annoyer

I don't know many pokemon with good sp attack so i'll get you an annoyer set:

Ninetales @ leftovers
Will-o-wisp
Confuse Ray
Safeguard
Flamethrower

I think that also makes up for the special sweeper part

phaedrus
23rd June 2004, 04:50 PM
i would suggest the ingenious TRICKERY! salamence set:

salamence@leftovers
dragondance
fireblast
hydropump
hp~electric
(modest/timid-intimidate)
252sp.atk.,252spd.,6hp

how this works:

you dragondance first. with experienced players, they think "oh it's a physical sweeper! hahaha i'll just own it through _____ means!" then, you toast 'em with special attacks, and they'll be all "wtf mate why'd you do that?" and you'll laugh at them. dragondance helps sweeping too.

you can consider crunch>hp~electric if you don't want to go crazy breeding. =|

Ultimate Pikachu
23rd June 2004, 08:37 PM
i would suggest the ingenious TRICKERY! salamence set:

salamence@leftovers
dragondance
fireblast
hydropump
hp~electric
(modest/timid-intimidate)
252sp.atk.,252spd.,6hp

how this works:

you dragondance first. with experienced players, they think "oh it's a physical sweeper! hahaha i'll just own it through _____ means!" then, you toast 'em with special attacks, and they'll be all "wtf mate why'd you do that?" and you'll laugh at them. dragondance helps sweeping too.

you can consider crunch>hp~electric if you don't want to go crazy breeding. =|

Or you could have Dragon Claw over HP Electric.

phaedrus
24th June 2004, 12:09 PM
Or you could have Dragon Claw over HP Electric.

it's his poke. i gave what usually occurs. if he want to use dragonclaw>hp~electric, that's his deal. i give the usual case, then it gets tweaked. a bunch of standards doesn't cut it if they don't fit in. tweaking is more important than just 2457357523 standards. believe me.

in the end, yes he could.

Freyr
24th June 2004, 01:49 PM
ok... at the risk of you people getting annoyed not using the salamence set, is exploud any good? he has some really good move options and i was considering replacing flygon for it... anyone got any sets if it's worth it?

Number1ChanseyFan
24th June 2004, 04:03 PM
Exploud can attack pretty decently, but it isn't too durable. It has nice HP, but pretty low defense, special defense, and speed. Exploud can be a physical sweeper or a special sweeper, but it usually make a better physical sweeper. A lot of people like to use a Ninjask with their physical sweeping Exploud, to Baton Pass some speed and Swords Dance to Exploud.

Physical Sweeping Exploud (Adamant personality)

Return
Shadow Ball
Earthquake
Rest/Rock Slide (Rock Slide is a FR/LG move tutor move)
@Leftovers.

Special Sweeping Exploud (Modest personality)

Water Pulse
Flamethrower/Fire Blast
Ice Beam
Rest/Hidden Power (any Hidden Power that is a special type and not already used in your moveset.)
@Leftovers/Salac Berry.

EDIT: This is my 3000th post at TPM!! ^_^

Iveechan
24th June 2004, 11:10 PM
I like Hyper Voice myself. It just looks cooler to see an exclusive move used even if it is a bit weaker than Return.