PDA

View Full Version : The Seven Sins (minus one)

Ark Chaos
21st June 2004, 03:25 PM
I've been playing NetBattle Advance for a while now and I've been using the same team for some time. It has worked really well, winning more often than I'm used to and even kicking some legendary ass.

Skarmory (Pride) @Leftovers
Impish
- Drill Peck
- Spikes
- HP Ground
- Roar

Classic Skarmory.

Slowbro (Sloth) @Leftovers
Modest
- Calm Mind
- Surf
- Psychic
- Flamethrower

I needed a fire move on my team, but no fire Pokémon worked. So instead of giving this to Envy (because I couldn't), I gave Sloth Flamethrower and Envy Ice Beam. And honestly, most people don't expect it.

Banette (Greed) @Salac Berry
Jolly
- Knock Off
- Toxic
- Skill Swap
- Shadow Ball

Anti-tank set.

Rhydon (Wrath) @Choice Band
Adamant
- Double-Edge (Rock Head)
- Earthquake
- Megahorn
- Rock Slide

I find have Choice Band on is more effective than Swords Dance only because they have less chance to get me while I power up and I can get a hit on the switch in. Only downside, of course, is Choice Band's restrictions.

Porygon2 (Envy) @Petaya Berry
Modest
- Agility
- Conversion2
- Ice Beam
- Thunderbolt

This moveset made me think of Envy from FullMetal Alchemist because of Conversion, so it worked perfectly to name it that. :) (*dreams* Envy-sama...) Anyway, back to Pokémon.. Agility, convert if you need to and sweep away. I really love Envy. :)

Ludicolo (Gluttony) @Leftovers
Bold
- Leech Seed
- Toxic
- Rain Dance
- Protect

A standard Ludicolo.

The main problem I've found with this team is getting tons of status conditions. So what I need is to replace someone with a Pokémon with Heal Bell/Aromatherapy. So far the only candidates I can think of that might work are Blissey and Vileplulme... I really don't want to use Blissey because EVERYONE uses her and even though I love her too... I want something different. The only places that I can see replacement are Ludicolo or Banette because they are usually the least used or most often fainted. Well, Ludicolo doesn't faint, but it is usually the last one left and they have someone like Blissey or something I can't seem to get with Toxic and/or Leech Seed.

I'd like help on any problems you see and on what I should do for my status problem. Thanks in advance!

phaedrus
21st June 2004, 04:13 PM
meh, can't see any damn problems with this team.

on your issue: you could use miltank, i guess.

miltank@leftovers
seismictoss
healbell
thunderwave
milkdrink
(jolly-thickfat)

you could use that. doesn't touch ghosts, but meh. mosts ghosts suck anyways, except for gengar, which has a psychic weak.

Ark Chaos
21st June 2004, 05:45 PM
Yeah, I like Miltank, but the only problem I have is that it really doesn't help. :( It just adds another Fighting weakness, which I already have 2 of. At least for what it would be substituted with. Because the only two I'm willing to switch out are Ludicolo and Banette. So I was thinking more Vileplume because, although adding a Psychic and Fire weakness, it can still annoy and has some stability, not to mention some added speed which most of the team lacks. I just can't think of the set. And more than likely, no matter how much I like Ludicolo, Banette flows better with the team and Ludicolo would probably be replaced.

phaedrus
21st June 2004, 05:59 PM
Yeah, I like Miltank, but the only problem I have is that it really doesn't help. :( It just adds another Fighting weakness, which I already have 2 of. At least for what it would be substituted with.

meh, would you rather have more 1x weaks or 1 2x weak? i'd go for the 1 2x weak and make sure i can cover it. works better in the long run.