PDA

View Full Version : Poll: You went to where & only brought me back a keychain?

Wolfsong
21st June 2004, 10:04 PM
I've been thinkin about this poll since my mom went ot alaska on a cruise.

1. Do you know anyone that's gone on a trip recently? Who was it?
2. Where did they go? How long were they gone
3. Did you go with them?
4. If you did, what did you do and did you enjoy it? If you didn't, did you want to go and why didn't you?
5. Did they get to see somethign that you've always wanted to see?
6. When they came back did they bring you anything?
7. If the answer was yes, what did they bring you?

1. Yes, it was my Mom, her cousin, and her cousin's mom.
2. They went on an Alaskan cruise, then on a land tour of the Denali National Park. They were gone for two weeks.
3. No i didn't.
4. I wanted to go becuase of the awesome scenery plus there are varieties of wonderful wildlife that can be found there. I didn't go because i wasn't invited.
5. Yes they did. They got to see a wolf running in the distance with their binoculars. Mom didn't even try and take a picture because it was so far away.
6. Yes they did.
7. *takes a deep breath.* Mom brought me back three wolf t-shirts. One is really neat. Inside, it has no color, but when you go outside in the sun, the color shows up. It has a wolf. then it also has a picture of a mountain and water with a wolf pack at the bottom. The second has several different animals with a wolf in the center and says alaska. The third one is a real pretty bliue and has the two wolves in this sky looking at you. There are also two wolves at the bottom standing sideways. One is howling the other is just looking aorund. Mom also brought me back a wolf and a dolphing keychain. The dolphin one is yellow inside and cahnges to a green color in the sun. I also got two wolf bookmarks and several postcards.

Angel Blossom
21st June 2004, 10:30 PM
1) A good friend of mine is still in New York City. Also, my uncle spent a week in his apartment in San Diego, CA. They are both very lucky to have gone to such nice places. Unfortunately, my family doesn't have enough cash to take trips as often as they do. ^^;;

2) My friend was spending her time in New York City, but I think she and her family visited other cities and states around the eastern U.S. during their trip. Like I said before, my uncle was in San Diego. He probably spent a day in Los Angeles, knowing him.

3) No, I didn't. However, I was supposed to accompany my uncle along with the rest of my family.

4) I was dying to go with my uncle on that vacation! We have an apartment where he was staying, and if my mother could have gotten 3 vacation days, we could have gone along with him. It's a shame, but to make up for it, my family and I will be spending 5 days in Southern California. Hehe, we might even go to Disneyland, which would be totally rad. XP

5) My friend got to see all of the sights in NYC while my uncle rented my favorite sedan, a 2004 Chrysler 300. *gasp*

6) While my friend is still in the east coast, my uncle just arrived yesterday. If he did get me a souvenir, I don't know yet. ^^;;

7) N/A :rolleyes2

Nice polls, Amy! Hope to see you posting more of them! ^_~

Katie
21st June 2004, 10:49 PM
funny, my friend just went on a cruise to alaska too :o
alaska, she's gonna be there for a week or so, I don't remember what she said heh
3. Did you go with them?
no ;_____; I'd love to though 8D
4. If you did, what did you do and did you enjoy it? If you didn't, did you want to go and why didn't you?
I'd love to go but uhhh it's her family's thing, I ain't part of it XD
just... alaska 8)
she's not back yet, and I doubt she will bring me anything. except a complete rundown of everything she did, which is all I want :)

~Katie

Jay Umbreon
22nd June 2004, 03:43 AM
chloe, max and O.B.

they went camping on hollyoaks.

3. Did you go with them?
no. they're fictional characters from a t.v. show.

yes. I want to go. chloe is hot.

yeah. they got to see the wild outdoors.

they're not back yet. maybe in real life they are :O

~Jay

woz
22nd June 2004, 04:03 AM
yes. I want to go. chloe is hot.

you sick man.

1. no, but my mum is going to some place with her boyfriend on the 26th.
2. i don't know where they're going, but they're going for 2 weeks.
3. no, i don't want to.
4. i wanted the house to myself for 2 weeks.
5. i don't know; they probably will.
6. they probably won't bring me anything back.

gomez
22nd June 2004, 11:35 AM
1. My sister, brother-in-law, niece and nephew
2. San Antonio, one week
3. No
4. No go, and I wouldn't go even if they paid me. My nephew is horrible on roadtrips (he's barely turned two a week ago)
5. They went to the Alamo and some amusement park, but I really don't wanna see those in real life
6. My sister bought me a cap from the Hard Rock Cafe. She didn't bring anyone else anything but me, so my other niece (from another sister) was really pissed off

FTorchicX
22nd June 2004, 01:53 PM

Yes I do, and it was a friend of mine in grade 8.

He went to Ottawa, and was gone for 3 days.

3. Did you go with them?

No, because it was a school trip, and I am in grade 9.

I didn't go, and didn't want to because I already went when I was in grade 8, and didn't like it much.

5. Did they get to see something that you've always wanted to see?

Nope.

Nope, nothing at all. :cry:

They didn't get me anything.

The_Missing_Link
22nd June 2004, 05:38 PM
1. My dad keeps on going back and forth to D.C. for his consulting job
2. To D.C. and it's for a couple of days every/every other week
3. Heck no. It would be too boring
4. Look above. Besides, I've been to D.C. a lot when I lived in Maryland
5. Nope, we've seen it all
6. Nope, nothing to bring home
7. N/A

Jay
22nd June 2004, 08:54 PM
Nope. And that answers all further questions. I would have liked to have seen some poll options for people who don't know anyone on a trip, but oh well. :-L

DarkTemplarZ
22nd June 2004, 09:32 PM
1) My sister's on a trip now, will be back in a week

2) Eastern Asia, like Thailand, China, etc. for 3 weeks

3) Nope, still had school and wouldn't want to go anyway

4) N/A

5) Japan :((( ;_;

6) Unknown, probably some pirated DVD's ^^

7) N/A

Silver Ledian
22nd June 2004, 10:41 PM
My parents went away during the first week in May.

They went to Mallorca which, if anyone doesn't know, is one of the Balearic islands off the Spanish coast. And they spent a week there :>

3. Did you go with them?
Nope, I didn't and nor did my 2 younger brothers either.

It would have been cool to go but it would have cost too much. The whole point of it was that it was a present for my dad's 40th birthday and since my parents never really had a big honeymoon, this gave them pretty much their first holiday away without any children...which they deserve after 17 years ^^;;;

Not really, I've been to Mallorca 3 times before ^^ So I've seen things on both the North and South of the island.

XD Strangely, they brought me back a key-ring. That's all I asked for actually because I've started a little collection and just wanted a keyring from Spain. Currently I have key-rings from France, Spain, Italy, the US and Portugal. :D

Oh right, see 6 ^^;