PDA

View Full Version : Charizard, the coolest Fire Poke evah'! :P

Pharod, Wearer of Gandalf Hats
22nd June 2004, 02:39 AM
Well, title doesnt make any sense, but I wanted to ask you all sumthin'.

You see, I decided to train a Charizard with this set:

-Adamant/Jolly @ Leftovers/Salac Berry
~Overheat, Earthquake, Rockslide, Swords Dance/Bellydrum

I was thinking of giving him these EV's:

~Attack: Max
~Speed: Max

But what would work better? SW or BD? Your thoughts about this please and if you have a better set for him, please tell.

Loupeitak
22nd June 2004, 06:02 AM
EV's: 252 attack, 252spattack, 6HP

Moveset:

@Shell Bell
Earthquake
Rock Slide
Overheat
Dragon Dance

Number1ChanseyFan
22nd June 2004, 09:06 AM
Either Swords Dance or Belly Drum will work, people have used both Swords Dancing Charizard and Belly Drumming Charizard, and they both work, it really depends on what you like. I prefer Swords Dance, but either would work.

Your moveset is pretty good, and so are your EVs. I would use a Jolly Nature instead of Adamant. The extra speed from Jolly will be more important then the extra attack from Adamant, because you are going to be using attack increasing moves on your Charizard. As for your moveset, it is good, but you will want to get a Flying type attack on the moveset. For a physical sweeping Charizard, it is more important for it to have a Flying STAB move (HP Flying or Aerial Ace) then a Fire STAB move. If you still want to keep Overheat, it would probably be best to replace Rock Slide with Overheat, but I think that you would be just better off keeping Rock Slide. Although you won't have a Special attacking move, Rock Slide, Earthquake, and HP Flying/Aerial Ace will be super effective against every basic type that Fire is super effective against. (Grass, Ice, Bug, Steel) For the attachment, it would definitely be best to go with Salac if you are using Belly Drum. If you use Swords Dance, then you could use either Salac or Leftovers.

phaedrus
22nd June 2004, 12:28 PM
jolly, salacberry, drum, imo

what you do is when you think they're gonna switch or someone has choicebanded an earthquake, you switch in, drum up, and sweep. also, salac used to work best when on rsbot when it activated at 50%.....='(

meh, my 2 cents.

Music Dragon
22nd June 2004, 02:36 PM
and HP Flying/Aerial Ace will be super effective against every basic type that Fire is super effective against. (Grass, Ice, Bug, Steel) Hmm... Is Flying really Super-effective against Ice?

Number1ChanseyFan
22nd June 2004, 02:42 PM
and HP Flying/Aerial Ace will be super effective against every basic type that Fire is super effective against. (Grass, Ice, Bug, Steel) Hmm... Is Flying really Super-effective against Ice?

I said that the combination of the moves Earthquake, Rock Slide, and Aerial Ace would be super effective against Grass, Ice, Bug, and Steel. Flying type moves are not super effective against Ice types, but Rock Slide is. Sorry if I didn't make that clear. :)

Chris 2.1
22nd June 2004, 02:43 PM
Fire takes care of Steel and Ice
Flying takes care of Grass and Bug

Kari and Mewtwo
22nd June 2004, 02:58 PM
Salacdrum zard is risky, but insanely evil if done right.

Personally, I'd go for Swords Dance, since you can give it leftovers if you wanted.

22nd June 2004, 05:02 PM
Does anybody know here how to breed Swordsdance and Rockslide unto a Charmander? Thanks!

Number1ChanseyFan
22nd June 2004, 11:15 PM
Does anybody know here how to breed Swordsdance and Rockslide unto a Charmander? Thanks!

Well, so far, the easiest breeding chain that I have found that doesn't require using the FR/LG move tutors would be to have a male Smeargle sketch Rock Slide and Swords Dance, then breed with a female Rhyhorn/Rhydon, until you get a male Rhyhorn baby. It should know Swords Dance and Rock Slide. Now, breed that Rhyhorn with a female Charmander/Charmeleon/Charizard, and you should get a Charmander with Swords Dance and Rock Slide.

This is a breeding chain that will allow you to get Rock Slide and Swords Dance on a Charizard without using any of the FireRed/LeafGreen move tutors. If I find another chain that is a little less complicated, I will edit it into this post. Or, maybe somebody else knows a less complicated chain. :) I hope that this was a little bit helpful!!

23rd June 2004, 02:10 AM
Hmm, Smeargle is quite handy in breeding things onto other Poke's I see. Thanks for the info. :)

pokeguy76
23rd June 2004, 01:20 PM
I would use sword dance for Charizard, personally.

Kari and Mewtwo
23rd June 2004, 02:47 PM
Hmm, Smeargle is quite handy in breeding things onto other Poke's I see. Thanks for the info. :)

Smeargle was always sort of a pimp, even back in the days of GSC. Without Smeargle, breeding Heal Bell onto Blissey would be impossible, but now we have Delcatty for that. Even then, alot seem to prefer Aroma Therapy over Heal Bell on Blissey.

rinku
23rd June 2004, 08:58 PM
Smeargle isn't a pimp... he's a stud (to use the term technically).

Ultimate Pikachu
23rd June 2004, 09:51 PM
Smeargle was always sort of a pimp, even back in the days of GSC. Without Smeargle, breeding Heal Bell onto Blissey would be impossible, but now we have Delcatty for that. Even then, alot seem to prefer Aroma Therapy over Heal Bell on Blissey.

People prefer Aromatherapy because it's easier to get. Just breed Rosielia with Chansey/Blissey and you have a Chansey with Aromatherapy.

Tenco
11th July 2004, 12:28 AM
Overheat
Earthquake
Rockslide
SwardsDance

^^ Enjoy

Mikey
11th July 2004, 12:57 AM
I enjoy the Swords dancing Charizard better. My biggest urge would be this moveset.

Charizard@Salac Berry
Ability- Blaze
Nature- Jolly
Attacks
Swords Dance (Powers up attacks)
Earthquake (takes care of electric and rock weaknesses)
Aerial Ace (A flying STAB move)
Overheat (Something to gain STAB and do major damage that won't be used often)

Don't Run With Scizors
11th July 2004, 01:22 AM
Actually, people use Aromatherapy because Heal Bell doesn't affect Pokemon on your own team that have the Soundproof ability.

Lee
11th July 2004, 11:14 AM
How the hell did you get a Charizard in Ruby/Sapphire?

andyizcool
11th July 2004, 11:31 AM
How the hell did you get a Charizard in Ruby/Sapphire?
Chosen Charmander as your Starter on Pokemon Fire Red/Leaf Green and trade it to Pokemon Ruby/Sapphire when you complete the game. Or you could just use a cheat device to get hold of any Pokemon you want.

Don't Run With Scizors
11th July 2004, 11:33 AM
Well, he could either have sharked it up, or he could have traded it from a Japanese Fire Red\Leaf Green - it's actually possible to trade between different language versions in this generation.

Lee
11th July 2004, 04:46 PM
Sweet!! I thought you couldn't.

Poryhedron
11th July 2004, 08:47 PM
Yeah, all 386 pokémon to date can be used in Ruby/Sapphire...just not obtained legally unless you trade with Colloseum and FRLG.

Don't Run With Scizors
11th July 2004, 09:44 PM
Al except for Lugia, Deoxys, and Mew, which are probably going to become accessible in FRLG through some sort of e-card promotion.

Lee
11th July 2004, 10:43 PM
Speaking of the e-Reader, what happens if you scan in Pokemon e-Cards? Do you get the pokemon you scanned in your PC box?

andyizcool
12th July 2004, 04:36 AM
Speaking of the e-Reader, what happens if you scan in Pokemon e-Cards? Do you get the pokemon you scanned in your PC box?
It doesn't work like that in the game sadly. Some e-Cards make Trainers appear behind the locked door in Mossdeep so you can battle them. In the USA an e-Card was released that would put an Eon Ticket into your game taking you to Southern Island so you could go and catch the other Lati@s that isn't normally in your game.

Lee
12th July 2004, 10:55 AM
I know that, I mean, say you scan in Espeon into your game, what happens?

andyizcool
12th July 2004, 11:07 AM
I know that, I mean, say you scan in Espeon into your game, what happens?
An Espeon Card would probably just let you play some mini-game. You should try it because they do make other special e-Cards that let you battle Trainers or get Berries.

Lee
12th July 2004, 01:35 PM
Crap!! That would be a good way of getting old pokemon.