PDA

View Full Version : *SPOILERS* Summary of the new yuyu hakusho DVD "Old Rivals New Problems" SPOILERS*

JohnCena84
22nd June 2004, 03:01 PM
I just purchased this dvd today and have just finished watching it and well I thought I would post summaries of the episodes for anyone who wanted spoilers. WARNING SPOILERS AHEAD:

Episode- Game Over

This episode picks up with Kurama starting his turn playing against the GameMaster, Amanuma, in a real life version of a popular arcade game "Gpblin City". Well, Amanuma spins the game-deciding slots resulting in "Puzzle, 3-7, LevelG". Yana asks what exactly "3-7" is and Kaitou explains that it is a puzzle game in which you must line up numerical values so that they equal 7, or line up 3 7's, to make the numbered blocks dissapear (ala Tetris). Before the game starts however Kurama asks Amanuma why Sensui picked this game to play with them and also if he ever played this game before inside of his territory. Amanuma says that he never tried playing the game before cause he did not have seven other players to even play the game and that they could have played any other game since he is "good at them all". Kurama disturbs the gamemaster by asking him if he ever reached the end of Goblin city before and if he knew what happened to the Goblin King at the end of the game since the gm was playing the part of GK. Kurama enlightens the boy to the fact that the GK is killed at the end of the game and that GM will also be killed if he loses. Amanuma has several flash backs of when he first met Sensui while he is playing the end result being the death of Amanuma as he loses the game. All of Goblin City vanishes and Kaitou, Genkai, and Yana exit the cave carrying Amanuma while the others head onward to save Kuwabara.

Episode- Kurama's anger Gourmet's guest

This episode finds yusuke and his friends finally running into sensui and the rest of the Psychics, and finding out that they only have 2 hours before the tunnel to Demon world will open. Sensui is watching a war film and says that he has the movie on cue with the opening of the tunnel but yusuke and friends are more concerned about Kuwabara. Sensui makes a deal with yusuke to fight Gourmet to save Kuwabara. Kurama steps up and the fight between Kurama and Gourmet begins. It doesn't last very long as Kurama quickly slices Gourmet's head in half with his rose whip. Gourmet falls to the floor and Kurama calls out the elder Toguro brother whom he knows was inside of Gourmet's body. Toguro comes out and explains that he let G. eat him so that he could continue regrowing and that now he is invincible. Kurama makes a smoke screen and Toguro stabs Kurama through his stomach with his needle like fingers. Kurama is still somehow alive and toguro keeps lashing out at him screaming the while. The others outside watch as Kurama walks from the smoke unscathed and wonders who toguro is fighting in the smoke. As the smoke clears we see some wierd tree on toguro and it looks as though it is feeding off of him. It is the sinning tree and as the name pertains it feeds off ones sins until the victim is dead. However since T can't die he will live forever attached to the tree. then well, the episode ends. I'll review the other 2 eps later.

Last Exile
22nd June 2004, 07:11 PM
Okay, um, thanks, but wouldn't be considered too spoilerific. If it's out on DVD I would think it's already been shown on TV.

Spoilerific, in the case of the US, would be stuff for Last Exile, Azumanga Daioh, Wolf's Rain, Read or DIe TV. Like stuff they've just got but haven't seen much of.

As for stuff coming out of Japan currently, it would be Paranoia Agent, Full Metal Alchemist, Chrno Crusade, Midori no Hibi, Tenjou Tenge, Monster, Gantz, amongst others.

legendary fisherman1
23rd June 2004, 12:59 AM
Nope sorry Last Exile but Yu Yu Hakusho on TV isnt even past Dark Tournament yet. Old Rivals, New Problems is waaaay into Chapter Black. On a different note, JohnCena84 you left out a lot of important details in both of your reviews. Such as Kaitou losing to Amanuma, and Makihara eating Murota.

Last Exile
23rd June 2004, 06:44 PM
Really? Bizzare.

Wait a second, someone ate someone else?! Okay, I don't even wanna know any more about this series!

An online review link would make good discussion.