PDA

View Full Version : Digimon Tamer Tournament

AbareMax
22nd June 2004, 03:27 PM
This is my first Digimon Fanfic, so tell me how it is! There are a few Digimon Chronicles characters in this story and a few elements from the manga as well...

Tetsuo Nanako: Digimon fan. New Tamer to Dorumon
http://mz.emuparadise.org/Chronicle/dorumon.jpg

Daigo Ryosu: Hardcore Digimon fan. Owns almost every Digimon card. Partners with Ryuudamon. Very carefree.
http://mz.emuparadise.org/nRyuuda.gif

Digimon Chronicles

Chapter 1 Digital Game

“Attentions citizens of Tokyo! We have a winner for our annual Digital Monsters Card Game tournament,” the announcer began. “Gito Tatsu has won again by a landslide! His finishing move was with a Susanoomon card and a Dragon Hammer. A brilliant combo if I do say so myself!”

The camera panned over to a young boy with neck length black hair. He wore dark black glasses and held a little black device in his hand. Then, the boy began to speak.

“Ladies and gentlemen,” the young boy began his speech. “I, Gito Tatsu hold in my hand, a Digivice. Not a cheap toy one mind you, but a Digivice that I engineered myself. This brilliant design has opened up my eyes to another world; the Digital World. And I shall be holding a weeklong tournament inside of the Digital World. Of, course you will be given two months to train for the tournament, and every Tamer will be placed in a different part of the Digital World. However, this tournament will not be played with cards. Oh no, but with real Digimon, although you may use the Card Slash feature for modifying. All of you favorite Digimon will be up for grabs. Please register starting tomorrow at 12 noon at the Tokyo Digital Center. Only 100 applicants will be excepted.”

The camera panned back over to the announcer who was still on the scene. “Hmm. You know what this announcer is going to do when his shift is over! Wow, a trip to the Digital World sounds very exciting, and several programmers have indeed tested it and they were all a success! This tournament will be handled by a very bright young boy and I can’t wait.”

A young boy got up from his couch and ran to the phone with a red palm pilot. He wore a blue ski cap and green shorts with a matching blue short sleeve shirt. The boy held a deck of Digimon cards in his hands and quickly dialed the numbers on his phone and was scrolling through his red palm pilot (which was a Digimon Database). “Mrs. Ryosu, is Daigo there?”

“Hold on, Tetsuo. Oh he’s right here. Here you go,” the woman spoke through back to the young boy. She passed the phone to her son, and he started talking immediately.

“Hey, Tetsuo, I’m thinking about registering for the Digimon Tamers Tournament. I think you definitely should.” Daigo spoke. “But, we need Digivices and Digimon!”

“Too, bad our toy D-Powers won’t work…” Tetsuo started. Daigo laughed. “I totally beat my D-Power five times! I could crush that Gito Tatsu in a tournament.”

“Maybe, but he has the best cards. And he created his OWN Digivice!” Daigo exclaimed.

“There’s even a rumor that he engineered his OWN Digimon, too!” They both sat in awe for a few seconds. Then finally Tetsuo started talking again.

“Yeah, did you see that? It was shaped like a skull and had a card-slashing slot.”

“Hmm. Maybe he’s trying to be an evil Digi-Destined!” Daigo joked. “Like Ken!” Tetsuo perked up and so did Daigo. A loud beep emitted from both of their Digi Databases and a white light emitted from them.

“Enter the Digimon Tamers Tournament and use this Digivice to tame your Digimon” The device spoke in a deep male tone. The screen turned white and then the entire Digi Database began to change into a white light. It started to mold and shape itself into a little device with a long handle sticking out from the bottom. There were two round buttons on the left and two black oval buttons on the right side. On the left side of was a card slot. A little white screen blinked. Tetsuo shrieked.

“HOLY GUACAMOLE!” Daigo and Tetsuo said at the same time. Both of their Digi Databases transformed at the same time!

“Did your Digi Database just transform?” Daigo said excitedly. Tetsuo replied in a freaked-out type of tone. “Mine’s blue!”

“Mine’s red!” the Digivice began to blink and a red light shot out toward the ceiling. “It looks like one of them PET things from that Megaboy show…”

“Now, it’s lighting up!” Daigo said. The male voice began to talk again and lit up with each word spoken.

“This is your D-Pod. I have created this for you in such a terrible time. The Digital World is falling a part due to this ‘Digimon Tamer’s Tournament’. Many humans are tearing up the Digital World. This is a very terrible time because a ‘Dark Tamer’ has used his smarts to create and wage wars against the Digital World. The sick monster thinks it’s just a game. You both must enter the Digital World with your Digimon and defeat the Dark Tamer!”

“Excuse me, sir. But where do we find our Digimon? I don’t know where mine could be.” Tetsuo stated.

The D-Pod’s screen blinked and spoke again, “You both will receive your Digimon during a great trial. When you need him most, he will appear. But, you both must remember, being a Digimon Tamer will be a lot of hard work. Do, not worry, I will be with you throughout your quest.” Just as Daigo was about to say something, the light blinked off and the voice stopped talking. After several minutes of nothing being said, Tetsuo finally spoke up.

“I wonder how many other kids have D-Pods?”

“You know how in the Digimon show, you have to be a Chosen Child?”

“Yeah…”

“Well that’s probably what we are!”

Daigo’s mom got on the phone and told them that Daigo had to get off the phone. He told his mom that he was having a very important conversation. But, she still told him he had to get off.

“Sorry, Tetsuo,” He began. “WAIT! I got an idea!”

“What?” Tetsuo replied eager to hear what Daigo was going to say. “Tell me. Come on man, what is it?”

“Why don’t we sneak out tonight and try to find our Digimon? I mean it’s the perfect opportunity! Let’s get our Digimon now.”

“Hmm…. I don’t know about this. My grades in Science aren’t too good right now…” Tetsuo began thinking about the consequences. He finally agreed. “Alright let’s go get ‘em!”

“Alright! I knew you’d pull through! Now, meet me down at the Library at around…. 9:30.” Daigo ordered. “We’re gonna be Tamers!”

Tetsuo looked at his watch, which read to be 5:15. His urge to get his Digimon was causing him to overheat inside. He couldn’t keep the pressure. Tetsuo wanted a Digimon more than anything. “Oh man, we gotta wait that long? Let’s get them now!”

Tetsuo was looking at his D-Pod and noticed a card-slashing slot. “Hey, you know this thing has a card slashing slot? You’d better bring your deck, if we’re going now. You never know if there will be other Tamers down there, Tetsuo.”

“Yeah, I just noticed that. I’ll bring my deck just in case.”

They quickly got off of their phones and told both of their parents where they were going. Both boys swiftly grabbed their Digimon decks and ran out of the door. On his way, Tetsuo glanced down at his D-Pod and pressed several buttons trying to activate some sort of Digimon searching mechanism. Nothing. Daigo was there waiting for Tetsuo in front of the Library. He perked up and looked at his friend. Daigo got up and pointed at his D-Pod.

“I found this compass function. It keeps pointing to the South.”

“How’d you get your to work?” Tetsuo eagerly asked. He started to push buttons. But nothing happened.

“Hmm… Push that green button on the side. That’s how I got mine to work.” Tetsuo’s began to light up and it pointed in the same direction as Daigo’s did. Daigo began to go through his cards. Occasionally he’d stop to look at a rare card and show it off. “Alright troops! Let’s move OUT!”

The pair started down an ally and stopped abruptly. They both heard some whispering of what sounded like a teenager and a monster talking. Then, a loud crash caused Tetsuo to jump. Daigo covered Tetsuo’s mouth to prevent him from screaming in fear. Another loud crash, and this time Daigo shuddered. The voices began to talk again, this time, barely audible.

“Don’t fail me Agumon X. I created you for the sole purpose of destroying those two Digimon that just Bio-emerged. Now, if you fail me, you’ll end up as the other Digimon who failed me… DELETED!” The voice screamed. Daigo’s eyes widened when he heard the person say ‘Agumon X’. Tetsuo’s did as well. Both of them have never heard of a Digimon X.

The voice, with a bit of fear in it, spoke, “Master, I cannot fail you. There is no way I could! You have given me such strength, that I could absorb any Digimon I wanted. With this X antibody, I’ll be unstoppable!” the creature roared. This time Tetsuo shrieked and knocked down a barrel in the process. He quickly stumbled to his feet and covered his mouth.

“What was that?” the boy called out. His tone immediately became enraged. “Get those Children!”

As soon as the boys heard that, they used it as their signal to run. Both of them dashed as fast as they could. Daigo looked over his shoulder and saw an Agumon with blue stripes chasing them, and it was running at a very fast pace. Very swiftly, Tetsuo and Daigo turned a corner, just as Agumon shot a fireball from its mouth. Two trashcans shot up in flames, and Agumon became distracted in the flames.

“You think we got him?” Tetsuo said panting. Sweat dripped down his face and he wiped it off. Daigo pointed to his D-Pod, and then pointed south. Then, Daigo mouthed a ‘no’. They took off again.

Cutting through the streets and weaving in and out of people, the two boys ran. Tetsuo bumped into a man and shoved him out of the way. Daigo quickly followed him and made his way through the large crowd of people and cars. He cut across the street and several cars kept beeping their horns at Daigo. Tetsuo and Daigo ran to the Central Plaza, which was a small park, in the center of town. They turned around and saw the yellow Digimon only 100 feet from them. It let out a large fireball from its mouth. Tetsuo pushed Daigo out of the way, and the fireball missed them. Agumon ran faster to try and reach the two boys. Daigo darted to the left and Tetsuo followed him. Tetsuo pulled out his D-Pod, and grabbed his Digimon deck out of his pocket. Thinking quickly he pulled out a card and a red aura appeared around his D-Pod.

“DIGI-CARD…” he started, and then slashed the card through the top of the D-Pod. “SLASH!!!” as the card was slashed through the top of the Digivice, lightning enveloped around the card-slashing slot. “Lightspeed Arrow!” Three yellow arrows hovered above Tetsuo’s head. A tint of red appeared in his eyes and then he pointed his hand out at the Agumon. All three arrows were shot at the Agumon. One after the other the arrows went through Agumon’s reptilian skin. Agumon X let out a deafening roar. The arrows shot through his back and dissolved in the air.

“I don’t think…it worked…” Daigo said to Tetsuo. The pair began to back up a little bit and Tetsuo noticed a fountain and then drew another card from his deck. Daigo glanced over at his card and giggled. With a grin on his face Daigo shouted, “Heh, take this Agumon X!”

“DIGI-CARD…” Tetsuo screamed sliding his card through his D-Pod. “SLASH!! Divermon ACTIVATE ” a blue orb shot out of the D-Pod’s screen and it began to mold itself into a blue creature. Once the light stopped molding, a blue frog-like Digimon appeared. It held an oxygen tank on its back and it had webbed feet.

“You do know that a Modifier Card only works for a minute, right?” Daigo reminded Tetsuo. Tetsuo didn’t even pay attention he just called out commands to the Divermon.

“Divermon, go attack him!”

Divermon simply stood in the water and stared at Tetsuo. He pointed to Agumon X and screamed. Divermon pulled out the oxygen tank from behind his back and transformed it into a gun. He did a flip out of the water and landed on top of the fountain, poised and ready to fire his gun.

“Pepper Breath!” Agumon X shouted as a ball of fire shot from its mouth. Divermon laughed and shot one bubble from his oxygen tank and the flaming ball turned to steam. Agumon X grunted and dashed forward with his claws out. “Claw Attack!”

Divermon dodged the attack and shot three bubbles at Agumon X. The Divermon’s body began to turn into static. Agumon X was exhausted from the battle and lay on the side of the fountain. Tetsuo grinned and Daigo clapped. Tetsuo’s D-Pod shot a light out from it and Divermon disappeared. Agumon X started to show signs of static. Daigo looked over and pointed to all of the people watching in horror.

“Run along people, simple Tamer business. Nothing to worry about!” the crowd dispersed and Daigo and Tetsuo ran over to Agumon X. But, still one person stayed. He was cloaked in a brownish hooded cloak. His eyes grew red and he shot out a black device from his cloak. The device resembled a skull and several buttons were present.

“Doesn’t that look like our D-Pod?” Daigo whispered. Tetsuo nodded and was too scared to move. The figure stepped closer and the boys backed up. Then the figure shot a glance at Agumon X. He threw his hand out with the device and a black light emitted from it. Black chains of light began strangle Agumon X. He shrieked and cried.

“Don’t do this to me, Master, I have tried everything against these humans. They must be the Chosen Children.” Agumon X cried. He then lifted up his arms and flailed them around.

“I’m warning you, fool. Listen…LISTEN NOW!” Agumon settled down and the figure started talking again. “I’ve given you too many chances.” He tossed his skull device in the air and the chains around Agumon X became tighter. “Maybe you’ll listen now…”

“Leave him alone!” Tetsuo screamed. “He hasn’t done anything to you!” Tetsuo’s D-Pod started to glow and shake. “Why must you treat him like a slave? This Digimon was probably good!”

“SILENCE!” the hooded figure boomed. “I wanted him to kill you both… so I could….” He got cut off and the Agumon X screamed.

“X-EVOLUTION!” Agumon X shouted. Agumon turned into a white ball and the black chains broke off. His body started to mold and in 5 seconds a huge dark orange dinosaur appeared. “Greymon X!”

“ Another Digimon X? Let’s see what the D-Pod says,” Daigo held out his D-Pod to try and examine the beast. “Greymon X! Once a friendly fire breathing Dino-Digimon, it has been exposed to the X antibody and has a limitless Nova Blast attack!”

“Perfect,” the figure spoke. Tetsuo began increasingly angry. “He’s reached Champion Level. Just perfect,” the person held out the skull device and a black whip flowed out from the screen. He whipped Greymon X with it so that he would listen. In a very calm voice he said, “Attack.”

Tetsuo shrieked and then glared at the person. Daigo glared too, not even paying attention to Greymon X. “You horrible monster! How could you do such a thing to a Digimon?”

The figure laughed. “This is nothing but a Digital Game!” He laughed again and shot the skull device at the pair of boys and withdrew a Digimon card. “ DIGI-CARD…SLASH!! Dark Network, ACTIVATE!” The hooded figure slashed the card through his device and a black cloud formed over Daigo and Tetsuo’s D-Pods. Black static appeared on their screens.

“Hmm, it looks like you can’t use any cards on me!” the hooded person proclaimed. “Attack.”

Two beams of light broke through the D-Pods and a loud beep emitted. A loud boom was the result of Greymon X falling to the ground. Greymon X was lying on the road. Two figures appeared from the D-Pods and shrieked a deafening shriek.

“Oh, no!” the figure screamed. “It can’t be! Those two!” A little purple and white dragon popped out of Tetsuo’s D-Pod and an orange four-legged dragon with a samurai helmet from Daigo’s. The two Digimon yawned and then glared at the person. Both of the Digimon smiled at the boys and then giggled. Daigo was amazed and Tetsuo just smiled and laughed.

“Our Digimon! They’re here!” Tetsuo shouted, laughing at the same time. Daigo started to dance. “Go, get ‘em…” Tetsuo pointed his D-Pod at the purple dinosaur. “Dorumon and Ryuudamon!”

“You have enslaved Digimon long enough!” the two shouted in unison. They both shot a fireball from their mouths and a white oval appeared in the air. “Digital Gate…OPEN!” The white oval started to absorb the person inside of it and everything around it.

“You kids are in for it now!” the figure screamed as it’s hood fell off. The boys screamed. Tetsuo stared at him in awe. “I, Gito Tatsu, promise to engineer a Digimon so powerful, that not even you all can stop it! Enter the Tamer’s Tournament if you dare. You couldn’t stop me…even with those Digimon!” Within two seconds the boy was sucked through the vortex and not heard from again.

Kojiro
28th June 2004, 08:16 PM
Thats a pretty good fic you got there Abare,nice description, and I really like some of the humor. And Daigo is a cool name, XD, probably cause I got "Daigo-san!" from AG 22 stuck in my head.

FusionSonicX
29th June 2004, 05:21 PM
Cool. This is better thn any Digimon fic I've ever read. Please continue.

AbareMax
29th June 2004, 09:06 PM
Thanks a ton you guys! I'll be posting another chapter shortly. Expect the next one by....Friday at the latest.

AbareMax