PDA

View Full Version : Fanfic News!

Andrew
1st February 2003, 05:49 AM
Well kudos goes to Mist for this idea. This topic is basically to let you peoplel here on the board knowing what's going on here on our Fanfic Board!

We'll all post from time to time as new things come up so we can keep you up to date! Because well, its always good to know!

Ok first piece of news, the Fanfic Winter Awards are coming soon! We mods have basically come up with some new categories, a new voting system and a few other little things which are quite a nice surprise! We're sure you will love them!

Also on the near horizon was another version of the Fanfic Reviewer Organization, more details will be released as they are confirmed. But it is also facing an "Overhaul" so to say! And its going to be a bit different from old Version 4.0 on the EzBoard if you all remember.

More news as we have it! Stay tuned and thanks for watching!

Jon UKX
1st February 2003, 03:28 PM
Cool, just one question though how does a fic get nominated for an award at the winter fanfiction awards, just asking as I want The Industrial League to get nominated and (maybe) Jon:Idol Quest to get nominated as well.

Andrew
1st February 2003, 04:10 PM
John UKX Well you can't nominate yourself, so someone else has to do it. The other rules and guidelines will be posted with it so well, if you have a question about them, ask there when its posted.

dratinihaunter13
1st February 2003, 06:38 PM
the awards topic is a go and ready for nominations =D. the update topic was supposed to double as a news topic, but separating the two is a good idea, i'm gonna go edit the update topic. can't wait to see a new FRO get started, those are always fun ^_^.

Mewfour
1st February 2003, 11:15 PM
Well, now that Galaxy War's finished, I'm thinking of vanishing from TPM again to work on it's sequel and a bunch of other stuff, popping in once and awhile to update PADS and toy around with some of my other crap... but who knows?

I'm actually thinking of making a Contra or Castlevania fic, but you know Konami's infamous reputation for making their games so damn unficcable.... :(

dratinihaunter13
4th February 2003, 11:58 AM
well, no new rules, just the guidelines of where everything goes concerning are three forums has been moved to the rules list. good day =)

Andrew
15th February 2003, 04:19 AM
Well kudos to Gavin Luper for working on the new one here, its a bit different from the original one, this time there's a test you have to do to be able to rate fics, this way it can provide an unbiased (as much as possible) and fair rate.

And there's going to be at least four reviewers, up to goodness knows how many. Its really a throwback to the old www.pokemasters.com site, if anyone remembers Pidgeottos, FP and other rating through the form. Oh good old times.. For more info head to the hyperlink to the Lounge.

The Fanfic Reviewer Organisation (http://www.pokemasters.net/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=9767)

Oh and award nominations are about to close! So last minute ones, get in there!

Darien Shields
17th February 2003, 12:25 PM
I've posted the next chapter (5) to Force of Nature
Uh, well, yeah, that's all.

Oz's Edit: Um... Darren, I think this topic if I didn't say it clearly enough is for the news to be posted so you all have a basic idea of what's happening around here ^^;

Methinks you need the Update Topic Mate ^^;

So um, just letting you all know, in case you didn't, this is for important news ^^ Not fic updates and the like. Err K ^^

Mewfour
7th March 2003, 09:45 PM
I've decided toabuse [url=www.televisionwithoutpity.comthis[/url] happy little service to toy around with.

OzAndrew's Edit Um... err.. umm... didn't I say this is kinda like um our little "Announcements" thread or something. Err... I don't really see how a quiz on your fic counts sorry to say Mewfour.

And if I'm down with the Damned, I use the Warcraft 3 race of the undead a lot and use Banshees to posess the basic units of the other races and then utalize their superior heros. There's nothing like a combo of a Mass Teleporting Archmage, Blade Master and either a Keeper of the Grove or Priestess of the Moon team of heros... That kicks ***.

But um Mewfour, feel free to make this a topic in the Lounge and like tell people how to make their own quizzes so you can like all do your own quizzes and stuff. But please don't go and post it here in the Announcements :S

And I changed the URL to one of my favourite sites. Television Without Pity. *Sighs* I love that site. And I think I'll close this sticky and when important info needs to be posted, we can unlock it, post and relock it.

Andrew
30th March 2003, 11:40 PM
Well cause this idea now really really stinks to high hell and people couldn't understand the usefulness of it *Winces* I'm going to unstick this an in the near future create a newer and nicer version of it. Much like the RPG one... but those RPG people stole this one in the first place I tells ya! THEY DID!