PDA

View Full Version : My Father's Son

Blackjack Gabbiani
22nd June 2004, 11:18 PM
(yes, this is about Giovanni. No, it doesn't involve Ash. Ash isn't even born yet when this takes place!)

I always wondered about him. Mother never said a word, save for that he had died before I was born, so I knew it was up to me to find out on my own.

I waited until a night she went out, as the guards were mainly concerned about threats to her rather than to me. She went everywhere with an entourage, which worked to my advantage if I wished to look in her files.

I suppose it could have been considered a traitorous action in and of itself, breaking into her personal office as I did. But at the time, I was not thinking as I should have. Besides, there had to be a reason she had told me all the passwords and keycodes, for times like this, correct? At least that was what I told myself.

Sitting at her desk, I gave the computer all the necessary passwords to get into the system. My hands were shaking as I brought up employee files, clicking on my own. Only a first name was given under Father's Name, so I cross-referenced it with employees from that time.

One result.

I gulped. One click away, and I would know what it was my mother was keeping from me. I nearly felt sick, and for a moment debated if I should do it or not.

*click*

There he was, staring back at me. It seemed I looked more like him than like Mother; same dark eyes, same skin tone, even his expression was the one I bore on a regular basis. She told me I was my father's son, but had always used it as an insult.

Reading the bio more, I found out why.

Seven months before I was born, he sold inside secrets to the police, and was executed as a traitor.

I do not clearly recall returning to my room, only that I was there when she came home. I had written something down on the pad of paper on my desk, but could only read one part from it.

/He betrayed us, not me/

But she saw that her computer had been left on, and yet again called me my father's son.

mr_pikachu
24th June 2004, 03:12 PM
Sorry for the delay in replying. I've been somewhat busy, as of late. :(

Anyway, this was good. It gave an interesting perspective on the beginning of Gio's life, instead of the usual ugliness we see and loathe from him. I almost feel sorry for the guy, after seeing this.

The end seemed rather abrupt, though. I think his discovery could have been carried out more, as he found out more and more what his father had done to deserve his execution. Still, it wasn't bad.

I don't quite understand the note left on the desk, but I pretty much get the gist of it. Good bits, also, with the internal struggle and how Gio could access the computer. I liked his rationalization of his actions, too. (Besides, there had to be a reason she had told me all the passwords and keycodes, for times like this, correct?) Nice creativity, and another good short work. :yes:

Blackjack Gabbiani
26th June 2004, 02:49 PM
It was for a 15-minute challenge, so that's why it's rushed. I may go back and flesh it out a bit more...

Charles Legend
2nd July 2004, 06:16 PM
Yeah this was good Althought I have read better Stories about Geo's life, but it was cool none the less and I agree with Mr.Pikachu it end to suden, I would also like to know what his father did to be a tratior....

~Ryu

Blackjack Gabbiani
2nd July 2004, 06:20 PM
I already said that, he sold Team secrets to the police