PDA

View Full Version : Poll: Shaving (both genders)

Last Exile
23rd June 2004, 12:16 AM
For guys:

1. How often do you shave?
2. What products do you use along with your razor?

For girls:

1. Do you shave at all?
2. If so, what region? Armpits, legs?
3. If so, how often?

Me, being a guy:

1. Every day. my facial hair grows back like wildfire.
2. Surprisingly, none. The new razor blade I have elaves no burning whatsoever! I just use water and it's smooth as! No more mess of shaving cream and bleeding. Can't remember the last time I had a shaving cut. :D

Syberia
23rd June 2004, 12:40 AM
1) Every day. If I don't, I end up with a beard.
2) Just an electric razor. I tried a manual one once, cut myself the first time, and never used it again.

cd
23rd June 2004, 01:31 AM
i shave once a week at the moment. if i wanted to be constantly clean shaven i'd have to shave every 2 or 3 days though. i use shaving cream usually. if lazy just water.

Jay Umbreon
23rd June 2004, 02:34 AM
1) once or twice a week does me alright, but again, if I wanna stay baby faced all the time, then every other day or so works best.

2) I use an electric shaver, so I dont need cream or anything. I find the electric shaver works fine, providing you know how to do it so that you dont leave all soreness and red blotches on your face. I avoid that by shaving with the same up and down strokes on my face. by shaving just any and every way, you're likely to get more redness.

I also wax my chest :love:

~Jay

shazza
23rd June 2004, 02:43 AM
-Once a week now. Before it was never.
-Shaving cream usually, but sometimes just water.

Katie
23rd June 2004, 02:53 AM
For girls:

1. Do you shave at all?
uh, yeah. that'd be gross if I didn't
both + it's bikini season so ...there too. lol
3. If so, how often?
every day, except if I'm in a rush I just skip it and wear jeans

how come girls don't get "2. What products do you use along with your razor?" I'll answer it anyway:
"skintimate shave gel" orange kind, cuz I love the smell of oranges. and my razor is a venus :) cuz I'm a goddess. and you know it.

~Katie

Austrian ViceMaster Alex
23rd June 2004, 06:34 AM

1.) I have to shave twice a day, my beard grows really fast unfortunately.
2.) Nothing, I always shave dry and don't use anything else, not even aftershave. My skin got used to the treatment, it's not getting red anymore or bleeds.

Totodile_Grl
23rd June 2004, 06:50 AM
For girls:

1. Do you shave at all?
Yesh of course I shave.
Arms, legs and er.. bikini haha
3. If so, how often?
Lately legs haven't been shaved cos it's winter and I'm wearing pants all the time.. but usually every 1 1/2 weeks or so.. when I can be bothered, and other areas.. every 2-3 days.. *laughs*

kainashi
23rd June 2004, 07:41 AM
1. usually once a week but i haven't shaved in like 3 weeks, so i have a beard. ^_^;;
2. usually just some aloe.

Kirei
23rd June 2004, 08:55 AM
I shave my legs and underarms regularly, although sometimes I forget to shave my legs for a while. It's boring, what can I say? Ade normally makes me do it though! :196:

gomez
23rd June 2004, 09:14 AM
1. I shave my face like every two days. I let my sideburns grow out for the past six months, and they are looking awesome. They are down to my jawbone area right now.

2. Sometimes I use soap and sometimes I use Gillette gel. I got it free in the mail along with a Mach 3 razor, but I got rid of the razor months ago. I'm too cheap to buy the eight dollar refill packs for it, so I use ten for a dollar razors.

ChicRocketJames
23rd June 2004, 09:18 AM
Every day usually, although today for a change I didn't feel like it.

Shaving foam, a pre-shave moisturiser and a post-shave moisturiser. Hey, you have to take care of yourself.

FTorchicX
23rd June 2004, 09:36 AM

I shave about once a month, but it really should be every week. >>;

I just use Schick Xtreme 3 shaving cream.

nightcrow
23rd June 2004, 11:04 AM
1. uh yah.....
2. I shave my legs, arms, armpits, and nether region :yes: i'm a hairy beast
3. stuff like my legs and armpits, every day, other stuff, usually once or twice a week, or as it needs it.

i use my apricot body wash when i shave, as an added note :)

Chris
23rd June 2004, 11:12 AM
Every day, otherwise I'm left with a beard after 4-5 days. Now that school's over for 10 weeks, though, I'm free to grow a beard. I think I'll do that. 8)

I only use an electric shaver, so nothing extra is needed.

The_Missing_Link
23rd June 2004, 11:18 AM
1) I think every girl over 12 does
2. Armpits, legs and bikini area
3. I shave my armpits everyday, legs once or twice a week unless I'm wearing shorts

mr_pikachu
23rd June 2004, 12:18 PM
This is probably one of the more personal polls I've seen. :lol:

Once a week at most. More often it's more like once a MONTH. I can see the newspaper headlines now: "Cro-Magnon stops at Albertson's for chips!" lol.

Weirdly enough, none. I don't even use water; I dry shave. Yeah, it's weird, but that's how I taught myself to do it. :eek:

Da Fragger
23rd June 2004, 02:30 PM
Three times a week does it for me usually. I just use an electric shaver.

phaedrus
23rd June 2004, 04:20 PM
1. How often do you shave? whenever i feel the need to.
2. What products do you use along with your razor? i use just a norelco electric shaver :cool:

Agent Elrond
23rd June 2004, 05:09 PM
1. Do you shave at all?

Sometimes....

Just the pits, I wear boy's swim trunks because I do a lot of rock sliding so I don't have to worry about "that" area. ;) Oh yeah, and I like my hairy arms/legs, thank you very much.

3. If so, how often?

Once or twice a week. Whenever I can be bothered to. Less in the winter because I wear long sleeves.

Fett One
23rd June 2004, 07:53 PM
1. Once a week because I'm lazy. I really need to start shaving atleast a few times a week.
2. Just an electric razor. I have no need for anything else.

Red Angel
23rd June 2004, 10:39 PM

Once a week, usually. My beard doesn't grow all that fast (Alex, you poor man), plus I'm lazy. Obviosly, I also shave before any important event if I'm not clean-shaven already.

Nothing, even though it's a disposable plastic razor. I don't get redness and I've never cut myself. Fear me.

RedStarWarrior
24th June 2004, 09:46 AM
1) I usually shave once a day, but lately I have been letting it get long before shaving it.
2) I use Gilette gel stuff and either a Mach 3 or a Quattro razor.

Lady Vulpix
24th June 2004, 09:53 AM
No, I don't shave. I use wax. So, do the other questions still apply?

Charizard04621
24th June 2004, 07:31 PM
For girls:

1. Do you shave at all?
3. If so, how often?

1) Yeah, when I remember or when I get irritated so much that I'm forced to remember. Ugh... itch. Anyways...

2) Armpits only. Why should I touch my leg hairs? They're protective and they help insulate me from cold. Armpit hairs are just annoying and pointless and smelly.

3) Whenever I feel the need to; there's no real schedule. If the hairs are annoying me they're gone.

Zalika
26th June 2004, 10:02 PM
1.) Do you shave at all?
Yes, I shave. I'd be insane if I didn't.
2.) If so, what region? Armpits, legs?
Both armpits and legs. And a region which I would rather not discuss on a message board...
3.) If so, how often?
Every other day or so. Whenever I need to. It doesn't grow in very fast, luckily.

The Muffin Man
26th June 2004, 11:28 PM
I usually shave every couple of weeks. *Shrug*I just get lazy XD But I use a Mach 3 razor. I've never cut myself once...Well once but I had a zit on my neck XD Otherwise it's nice and smooth. Rarely burns...

Syb - REAL MEN BRING RAZORS TO THEIR NECKS >:O

Syberia
27th June 2004, 12:00 AM
No, real men shave with rusty knives.

Crystal Mew
27th June 2004, 08:54 PM
For girls:

1. Do you shave at all?
3. If so, how often?

1. Yeah I do

2. just my armpits...um, hair doesn't really grow on my legs/arms and I dunno why that is, just lucky? and I don't really go swimming, so..no to the bikini area .-. my mom says my grandma (who was asian) didn't have hair on her legs/arms...so she says thats why, but dunno ?_?

3. Whenever it needs it...normally once a week :)

Perfect Chaos
27th June 2004, 09:12 PM
For guys:

1. Generally, I should shave about maybe once a week but I like to grow the 'stache and the goat but not the sideburns :no:

2. I use a Gillette Mach 3 and Gillette shaving cream. It gets annoying though, cause I have real bad acne so when I shave, they all open up and I bleed like crazy.

-$∑@π

The Muffin Man
27th June 2004, 09:55 PM
1. uh yah.....
2. I shave my legs, arms, armpits, and nether region :yes: i'm a hairy beast

Duh, hairy she-males like you have to shave everything :wave:

http://www.penny-arcade.com/images/2004/20040128l.gif

EDIT - Not in any way related to the above remark. Just funny in its' own right.

shazza
27th June 2004, 10:51 PM
Not really.

Carbonite4
27th June 2004, 11:50 PM
1. Every day.
2. I shave before I shower, and I just let the water & soap rinse my face.

No, real men shave with rusty knives.

True story.

LoL @ not asking guys where they shave.

M1ND G4ME
28th June 2004, 01:20 AM
I shave every day.

Hot Wax, and that gillette gel thing.

I shave my face except my mustache, chicks dig the stache. and I wax between my legs ever 2 weeks.

And I also use my shaving cream to kill slugs outside.

CuteLassJigglypuff
28th June 2004, 05:58 PM
1. I shave my legs and arms once a week. I shave my armpits once every 2 weeks.

2. I use an electric razor.