PDA

View Full Version : darktyranitar Pokemon TCG report #9

darktyranitar
23rd June 2004, 04:55 AM
Another card report on another psychic Pokemon. No, not like Alec Trevelyan requested(Which is Gardevoir/ex, I'll do it next time), it's Banette from Ex Hidden Legend:

Banette (http://pokebeach.topcities.com/scans/exlegends/scans/temp/001.jpg)

Stats:
70 HP
(P)
Stage 1
Evolve from Shuppet
Weakness: (D)
Resistance: (F)
Retreat Cost: (C)

Pre-Evolution Choice:
1)Shuppet
The Shuppet from Ex HL has 40 HP, and is good to distrupt your opponent early in the game, as it can discard an energy for a cost of it’s own energy. The other one from Ex DR can put 1 damage counter, and has 50 HP. I would choose the 50 HP one, as it has more HP and better attack.

Attack:
(P) Shadow Steal 10+
Does 10 damage plus 20 more damage for each Special Energy card in your opponent’s discard pile.
Depending whether there are special energy cards in your opponent’s discard pile, this attack is not worth it.
(PC) Darkness Chant
Count the number of Basic Pokemon or Evolution card in your discard pile.Put that many damage counter on the defending Pokemon. You can’t add more than 6 damage counters on the defending Pokemon in this way.
This attack require lots of Pokemon in the discard pile to make it work, but at the maximum of 6 damage counter only.

Combo:
1) Professor Oak
Discard a few Pokemon to add damage to Darkness Chant.
2) TA Schemer/ TM Schemer
Same as above, except that you don’t have to discard all your hand, and is playable in Modified.

Card Art Rating in number 1-10: 6
Overall Rating: Banette is not a really great card. He is a fun card to play , but not a very good card to build a deck for it, though.
Overall Rating in number 1-10: 4

Water Pokemon Master
23rd June 2004, 02:53 PM
I don't like this card too much. It can only do 60 at the most, which is pretty bad. It only has 70 HP, which means it can be knocked out by many Pokemon with one hit. I think it's too much of a situationial card and that you can't guarantee what it can do.

darktyranitar
24th June 2004, 03:05 AM
Yes, it's true...That's why it deserve a low rating from me. Doesn't know if it's too high...

Roarkiller
24th June 2004, 06:08 AM
If u have 6 pkmn in ur discard pile, its a good support in psychic decks since its putting damage counters, hence ignoring resistance and all those stuff that reduces damage.

Of course if it faces regice, then...

And of course the fact that u cant increase the damage by weakness or pluspower or whatever means at all.

Alec Trevelyan
25th June 2004, 08:53 AM
as RK said, its just a good supporter for a psy deck, but i see many other good supporter too, better then this ;/