PDA

View Full Version : [P]The Root of You Custom Title

Perdanski
23rd June 2004, 07:51 AM
Hello again, fellow members. Here again, another type of "The Root" poll. I hope this can be as active as the first one I made. Yes, the poll is about your custom title's birth. Well, mine is simply displayed for my avatar I'm using right now. Chess. How about yours?

Music Dragon
23rd June 2004, 08:04 AM
Mine? The same reason as my User name. I love Altaria! Of course, I will change it sooner or later.

Little_Pikachu
23rd June 2004, 08:37 AM
"With Action Amusing": When I was on holiday in Menorca last month I saw this tube of sweets with a monkey on and when you pushed a button it clashed cymbols together. I thought this would make a great gift for my slightly weird brother. I read the label "Candy Fun Music Monkey! With Action Amusing!" I thought that was great, and so did my brother. He hasn't opened the sweets yet for fear of damaging the label :)

Kirei
23rd June 2004, 08:52 AM
My custom title is quite easy to understand if you've ever been to the ummmm chat on AIM. I'm the one who originally created it, probably about two years ago if I remember rightly. Todd used to say that I always said ummm a lot, so I started making chats called ummmm and inviting my friends there. They would invite their friends and so it grew, now there's nearly always at least one person there! :196:

gomez
23rd June 2004, 09:19 AM
I'm an ice master or something when it comes to the popular handheld game of "Pokemon". Or something.

I jus haven't thought up of anything funny.

ChicRocketJames
23rd June 2004, 09:25 AM
It's linked to my avatar, which is a picture of Mark from I Am Not An Animal, a very weird and very funny comedy that just finished showing on BBC2. Mark was one of a group of talking animals with ambitions to move to London and live the high life. He dreamed of becoming a successful pop artist with the stage name of "Glen Belt".

FTorchicX
23rd June 2004, 09:26 AM
Meh, mine is just my pathetic attempt to make some humor,but the reason it is "Dinner With A VENGEANCE!" is because Torchic is based off of a baby fowl (chicken), and you know how chicken is a meal that people eat, so...*cough*

Snork
23rd June 2004, 09:52 AM
Mine is based off of the truth. =P
And my avatar is me.

The_Missing_Link
23rd June 2004, 11:23 AM
My custom title comes from Happy Tree Friends, which is an animated cartoon I saw when I went to Mexico. Most of the characters are cute, friendly wood creatures but in almost every episode, they die in weird, twisted ways. I loved it the first time I saw it and my avatar is based off of it. Flippy (green bear) is killing Giggles (pink chipmunk) after remembering one of his war experiences, which always makes him go crazy. I actually wanted an avatar of either Handy or Russell but this was the best I could find

Chris
23rd June 2004, 11:25 AM
Every few months I update my profile (usually to edit my preferences). While I'm in there I normally change my custom title to a string of words that makes absolutely no sense on its own whatsoever.

To the left you will see this quarter's offering. :limecool:

Pork
23rd June 2004, 12:17 PM
My custom title comes from the fact that my username is Pork! Have any of you seen the ad campaigns? :lol:

Snork
23rd June 2004, 01:31 PM
Beef, it's what's for dinner.

And breakfast, in the unlikely event of leftovers.

Yoh Asakura
23rd June 2004, 01:39 PM
Beef, it's what's for dinner.

And breakfast, in the unlikely event of leftovers.

SPAM, The other other white meat.

The story of my custom title is a long and exciting one that can't be told within a lifetime.

But to cut a long story short, symbols that look cool.

Da Fragger
23rd June 2004, 01:48 PM
It actually took me a while to come up with mine, I'm sad to say. After about ten minutes of thinking and walking I came up with the most ingenious title though.

Lulu
23rd June 2004, 02:12 PM
Mines the wat i am seen and It's one of my email addresses.

Starry Might
23rd June 2004, 02:59 PM
I'll talk about my current title (which I've actually used here before).

"Flak Monkey" - In "Unreal Tournament 2003" and "Unreal Tournament 2004", if, over the course of a match, you score 20 (I believe) kills with the Flak Cannon, the announcer shouts "FLAK MONKEY!" I've gotten that announcement many times, since the Flak Cannon is my favorite weapon in the "Unreal Tournament" series. :D

phaedrus
23rd June 2004, 04:23 PM
g=gastly
e=elekid
t=tyrogue
m=miltank

my asb team. i use it so i don't forget who i have.

g.e.t.m.4evalolz!

Agent Elrond
23rd June 2004, 05:01 PM
My current one goes with my Avatar, Ekidona from Fire Emblem 6 (hopefully to be released in the US some day) she is a pretty badass axe and sword using warrior woman, so that's what I went with.

Usually I change my C.U.T. to match my avatar, so the last one, Demonic Chaos, aplied to the freaky Sphinx like demon in my Avvie and sig.

My original C.U.T.; Dark Cyber Elf, was created simply to go with my username.

So what's next? The Root of Your Sig poll? :wave:

en0miz
23rd June 2004, 09:51 PM
Just something to go with the avatar I snatched off a website. I think it came from n.e.r.d's album picture.

RedStarWarrior
23rd June 2004, 09:54 PM
It is just a descriptive I made up for myself. I like it...

suzie
23rd June 2004, 10:14 PM
mine says woz is hot because, lets face it kids, he is. sizzlin. :wave:

Red Angel
23rd June 2004, 10:30 PM
If you can guess where my custom user title is from, I owe you a cookie.

Well, alright. Since I'd be mod-owned for spamming if I didn't tell you, it's from RahXephon. Note that the aforementioned cookie-based agreement is now null and void.

Mikey
23rd June 2004, 11:38 PM
I'll talk about my current title (which I've actually used here before).

"Flak Monkey" - In "Unreal Tournament 2003" and "Unreal Tournament 2004", if, over the course of a match, you score 20 (I believe) kills with the Flak Cannon, the announcer shouts "FLAK MONKEY!" I've gotten that announcement many times, since the Flak Cannon is my favorite weapon in the "Unreal Tournament" series. :D

Ha, I've gotten that a lot too. Though I prefer the Shock Rifle to the Flak Cannon. The Flak Cannon is only good for close quarter combat...

Anyways, my user title comes from the deceased Life Cereal commercials. To seperate myself from the hundreds of Mikes on this board, I changed my username to Mikey and stuff...and the custom title just sort of came with it.

AntiAsh Superstar
24th June 2004, 03:15 AM
Well it's kinda due to the fact that I decided that my adopted Umbreon Milliardo is the coolest creature to walk the face of the planet and 'Millyfied' was just a random word I conjured up based around his name. :sweat4:

Kirei
24th June 2004, 04:20 AM
Well it's kinda due to the fact that I decided that my adopted Umbreon Milliardo is the coolest creature to walk the face of the planet and 'Millyfied' was just a random word I conjured up based around his name. :sweat4:

I invented calling him Milly, you should mention that! :196:

Music Dragon
24th June 2004, 04:24 AM
Oh, I just changed my Custom User Title. Now it's because... Well, guess. I like things that like me. Or ARE like me...

Zak
24th June 2004, 04:41 AM
Music Dragon, if people used this thread to post and explain their title every time they changed it, it'll eventually turn into spam. So... you get my point.

Anyway, I change mine quite a lot. In the past few months most of my titles consisted of "TPM's ____", so for now I'm giving the creativity a rest.

~Zak

PancaKe
24th June 2004, 06:34 AM
Mine is just a term a lot of die-hard Christians use to show what they freak about. Jesus! :D

Perdanski
24th June 2004, 08:09 AM
Music Dragon, if people used this thread to post and explain their title every time they changed it, it'll eventually turn into spam. So... you get my point.

~Zak

Yeah, you're so right about that. Why didn't I think about that at first, then I wouldn't be making this topic so people could SPAM.

Attention, please!(Update!): For prevention of SPAMming, you would just need to explain the Custom Title you using right now, and once finished posting, no more explaining for another one please. Thank you, everybody. I would really appreciate it.

darktyranitar
24th June 2004, 09:30 AM
Well, okay...

My current title, 'Marks of Antiquity' is put because of a Poke-Body on Kyogre ex and Groudon ex card from Ex Hidden Legend. And it sounds...well, ancient and cool:D.

BTW, antiquity means something really old/ancient.

Charizard04621
24th June 2004, 07:28 PM
Yay Lune! Um, the Lune thing started a while back when I used him as an RPG character, but then I went and did a revamp and now he's the main character of my Fanfic. Awesome cool Eevee ^_______^ I love that little guy. Okay, obsessive now, obsessive. :what:

CaptainDean
24th June 2004, 07:35 PM
it's going to end up like this anyways, so why not?

DarkTemplarZ
24th June 2004, 08:17 PM
Rurouni Kenshin. Kenshin's known as the Hitokiri Battousai, hence my title.

Leon-IH
25th June 2004, 03:02 AM
umm, Crouching Tiger, Hidden Dragon is the explanation for mine, ph33r Sleeping Chicken!!

Neo-Xantios
25th June 2004, 08:23 AM
Ah, another poll by my brother.

My custom title holds the very last words of Lord Elrond from the Return of the King movie, and it means "The Sea calls us home".

shazza
25th June 2004, 08:49 AM
I don't know what mine is. So testing to see what it is.

Edit: I am a Master Trainer because I am a Master at training pokemon :lemon:. And I have over 5000 posts !

Tainted
25th June 2004, 09:00 AM
'Atheist Anthem', an amazing song by Leftover Crack, and it also sort of helps the fact that I'm atheist. The Toad avatar is spawned from me liking the little thing... liking him to a point of obsession. In other words: he's tied up in my basement.

Adieu,
Zak Hunter

EVme15
25th June 2004, 02:09 PM
*points to custom title* *points to sig* Take a guess. ;)

I kinda rotate my custom title and signature in themes, depending on what my dominant obsession for the past month has been.

This month? Gravitation, of course!

Aipom Of Doom
25th June 2004, 06:42 PM
Well, I recently got fed up with my old title always screwing up because the squared character isn't standard apparently and it screws up often <_<. So I hit the "reset title" button, and I ended up with "Elite Trainer". That comes from the TPM UBB, back when people didn't have custom titles, and instead had ones based on their poscounts :O. Elite Trainer was the one for 2500-4999 posts... And the vB reverted to that, not "Moderator" or "Gym Leader" or anything else for mods :o.

Kris
25th June 2004, 06:43 PM
Its my job.......

Gothic Animé
25th June 2004, 08:05 PM
mine changes quite a bit. o.O i shall post the ones i can think of.

currently - because i like the little -ae- thing, and because i love those things, they are the little changing animal things from the golden compass series of books, and because the other symbols look cool

before it was a string of japanese symbols which said 'i love animé'. pretty self-explanatory. before that it was 'animé goodness'. i dunno, don't ask.

usually they have some sort of special symbol. i can remember it was, at one time, «áńńóńcéméńt» because i like special symbols :D. don't ask, i'm odd.

The Muffin Man
25th June 2004, 11:04 PM
Mine is an exclamation of surprise/disgust/outrage and that my thirst is flaring up badly and I am in need of cool beverages.

Hence, "Ach! Mein thirsten!"

Oh and it's from a PA comic. I'm probaly gonna change it to "Over 40 MegaFonzies". Bonus points for guessing where it's from.

Aglandiir
25th June 2004, 11:55 PM
++ is a mathematical operator in many programming languages, which increases the value of a variable by 1. x++ is the same as x = x + 1 and x += 1. Every time I post, my postcount goes up by 1. Thus I was totally clever and original and made postcount++ my title.

I was going to use spamcount++ but I thought that would be a little too honest.

Syberia
26th June 2004, 12:05 AM
It's just something I made up a long time ago and thought sounded cool. So it became my custom title. It's better than what I had before, I guess.

Dark Dragonite
27th June 2004, 05:40 PM
Umm, b/c I came back from leaving, duh...

homeofmew
28th June 2004, 02:03 PM
well I am TPM's Statistician -the first and only one they ever had, I am the one who always have to argue about numbers and give reports all the time about thats the best thing to do, don't bother me i am always buzy!

Yoh Asakura
28th June 2004, 02:22 PM
My new title, I was playing with some unicode (again, tis in my deck names in TCG =]) and found the hearts, and "Unlock Your Heart" is from an Evanescence~♡ song called 'Anywhere'.

Austrian ViceMaster Alex
29th June 2004, 06:59 AM
"Hip to be square" was a song by Huew Lewis and the News.

phaedrus
29th June 2004, 07:07 AM
Wonderboy/Young Nastyman originates from Tenacious D's song Wonderboy. The song talks about Wonderboy and Young Nastyman. Because both are so awesome, there's no leaving either behind. >:O