PDA

View Full Version : Poll: Worst job you've ever had - or worst class you've taken!

Kirei
23rd June 2004, 08:50 AM
Well, like the title said. the class option is for people who haven't worked yet. My worst job is probably the one I'm doing now for some extra cash before I move house. I'm on reception at the moment and it is so dull - all I do is answer the phone and put people through and it's so boring. The guy in the next office is a moron who is too lazy to come here and collect the post that comes in for him and nobody here knows I even exist half the time. Yes, so I am wasting time writing polls on TPM! Anyway - what is the worst job you've ever had, or what has been the worst class you've taken and why?

EDIT: My job has improved greatly since I have now finally been granted permission to do all my work in an empty office downstairs in the filing room. Nobody looking over my shoulder or being a moron and I can do what I want! Fun! :196:

gomez
23rd June 2004, 09:08 AM
I've only had one job (a summer job) and that was like four summers ago. It wasn't bad, but it sucked working out in the sun all day full time six days a week. I rode around in a crop duster (not airplane, but a land vehicle) and sprayed weeds with a gun. I liked shooting it and would often go through a 300 gallon tank in a day, when it should have lasted three at the most. Then after two months, I had to walk around and use a hoe to get the weeds. That blew major ass.

I did that around the time I was fifteen (started when I was fourteen but my b-day was in the middle of summer so I was fifteen when it ended).

The worst class I had was in my freshman year in college. I forgot the name of the course, but the prof was a total hippie. Not hippie like 'tree hugging hippie', but hippie like 'create a canvas where you let your imagination roam wildly and draw with all the colors of the wind' type of hippie. It was an art class but I'm not good at doing things on my own. I was used to the art teacher telling us what to do and me doing it to those specifications, not the teacher letting us do what came to our minds. The one time I turned in a project created by my "imagination" and I fail it and the prof makes fun of me in front of the whole class.

ChicRocketJames
23rd June 2004, 09:14 AM
Never had a job, but the worst class I've ever had to take was one I took this year (second year of university): jurisprudence. Supposedly it was to teach us the philosophical origins of laws. I thought it would be really interesting. It wasn't. I've never had to endure a longer period of waffle and nonsense in my life, and the fact that the lecturer had a comically incomprehensible accent (sort of like a combination of the policeman from 'Allo 'Allo and the Cheeky Girls) didn't help matters.

mr_pikachu
23rd June 2004, 12:11 PM
The worst class I've ever taken was... all of fourth grade. XD We had this teacher who must've been the devil incarnate. Instead of teaching, she decided to just sit at her desk, hand us steaming mounds of **** to do, and (of course) get angry at me for no apparant reason. Even my classmates, most of whom hated me at the time, agreed that she treated the class like we were imbeciles. Sitting around for an entire year... it was like being in Limbo. :eek:

Wigglytuff
23rd June 2004, 01:27 PM
Worst class was fifth grade.. Everyday afterschool he would start playing a song on the piano, and we couldn't leave until we guessed the song right.

and he made me cry once :[

Da Fragger
23rd June 2004, 01:54 PM
Meh, I hated Art Freshman year. :/ I'm an artist and everything, but come on, we spent one month on some stupid 3D project which had lots of painting and cutting.

Katie
23rd June 2004, 03:58 PM
honors algebra 1 :notfunny:
I wasn't supposed to be in there and they wouldn't let me change out to a regular class, so it was hell. worked my ass off and still couldn't get A. it sucked.

~Katie

phaedrus
23rd June 2004, 04:25 PM
i'd say pe2, in the summer. i'm taking it right now, and i hate it's guts. and guess what? it's only the third day! :notfunny: i dislike it with a passion. :mad2::mad2::mad2::mad2::mad2::mad2::mad2:

suzie
23rd June 2004, 04:35 PM
chemistry, by far. f--- science.

Aipom Of Doom
23rd June 2004, 04:49 PM
Info Tech was the worst class ever. I couldn't test out of it for some reason, so I spent half a semester writing pointless, crappy things in Word/Powerpoint, and doing extremely easy stuff in Excel... Everything was so damn easy >_>. And the teacher had a habit of giving out an assignment and then, 45 minutes later, telling us how to do it... I often ended up having it finished by then, but in a different way than she started to explain. And there was the day where she said ".com means it's a company that can't always be trusted, .org and .gov you can always trust, and .html means it's a personal web page so you can't trust it." So yeah, that class was pure BS.

en0miz
23rd June 2004, 09:54 PM
Physics. Waste of my time since I didn't need it to graduate, hard as hell, and my school has horrible physics teachers so none of them explained it right. What sucks is that I will probably meet physics again a year or two from now since I want to become a vet. :\

RedStarWarrior
23rd June 2004, 09:57 PM
I have never had a bad job, but I did take a bad class two semesters ago. I had Theater Experience. The reason it sucked is because we didn't even do any acting, all we did was learn about plays and playwrights.

Charizard04621
24th June 2004, 07:34 PM
-_- 9th grade History. We had a teacher that drinks out of an empty tea cup. He "spills" his nonexistent tea and screams "S.HIT!" then attempts to wipe stuff off the table. Also he played with M&Ms as if they were dominoes. Yeah.

AntiAsh Superstar
25th June 2004, 02:42 AM
My vote goes to the two days I spent attempting to do telesales, I hated it coz I do take things personally so it really got to me having to ring up all these people and going 'oh, you've won a free holiday, just come down to our open day where we'll bombard you with advertising and you can go' and I was sat next to this guy who was really into it and kept having a go at me for putting off making calls. However, somebody who shall remain nameless talked me into it. After the second day of it I just made one last, irate call that went along the lines of 'hi, this is Adrian, I'm an irate student forced into a really sucky job so don't have a go at me, would you like to be bombarded with advertising for timeshare? No? Okay then, bye." and stormed out. =/ I'm afraid to say I wasn't really in a rational frame of mind at the time and frustration overrode my usual shyness. ^_^;;;

Perdanski
25th June 2004, 05:55 AM
Well, I don't have a job currently, so let me talk about the worst class. Well, it maybe should be Arts if that is allowed to be said. Nothing else I would think would be worse, but they could be on the same level. The reason is that I think the Arts Class has nothing interesting to do. So that's it, all I have to say.

shazza
25th June 2004, 10:19 AM
Art, any kind of Art. It is gay.