48 Hour DQ
Indigo Stadium
I choose first
You attack first

I'll start with Bulbasaur.

RaZoR LeAf
23rd June 2004, 11:54 AM
I'll battle you. Go Haf, (male Torchic)

Start off with Aerial Ace to get in close, then wrap Bulbasaur up in a Fire Spin. Finish with Focus Energy

If Bulbasaur tries to use Sleep Powder, blow it away with Swords Dance

Indecent Exposure
23rd June 2004, 03:09 PM
Wait for the Torchic to come in close and fire a Toxic right in it's face. Block it's fire spin with a Protect, if it's able to see you and aim right, if it can't then hit it with a Solar Beam. Finish the round with a Leech Seed as it used focus energy.

Shade the Light Gym Leader
28th June 2004, 02:04 PM
Shade Is it ok if I ref this one?

Indecent Exposure
28th June 2004, 02:57 PM
Go ahead. Thanks for offering.

28th June 2004, 04:03 PM
PRE-BATTLE
Indecent Exposure vs. RaZoR LeAf
IE's Bulbasaur (Gender?) vs. Haf the Male Torchic

Indecent Exposure I'll start with Bulbasaur.

RaZoR LeAf Go Haf.

Start off with Aerial Ace to get in close, then wrap Bulbasaur up in a Fire Spin. Finish with Focus Energy.

If Bulbasaur tries to use Sleep Powder, blow it away with Swords Dance.

Indecent Exposure Wait for the Torchic to come in close and fire a Toxic right in it's face. Block its Fire Spin with a Protect, if it's able to see you and aim right, if it can't then hit it with a Solar Beam. Finish the round with a Leech Seed as it uses Focus Energy.

Battle Stats

Bulbasaur 100%, confident

Haf 100%, confident

Arena No changes

ROUND ONE BEGIN!

Bulbasaur's poisonous nature gives it an advantage with posionous moves. Therefore, it is able to generate its Toxic attack much more quickly than other Pokémon. It is already swishing the poison around in its mouth when Torchic begins to run toward it. Haf's beak glows a white color as he turns his head to the side, ready to slash. Bulbasaur waits until he is close... then... fire! The Toxic lands square on Haf's left cheek. Bulbasaur immediately jumps to the side to avoid the Flying-type attack.

Before Haf can react, Bulbasaur begins to flash white, and a bright shield bubble emits from his skin and surrounds him. Haf turns around, inhales, and spits a stream of fire at the Bulbasaur, but it is too late as it is already shielded. The stream encircles the bubble, attempting to surround it, but the white bubble just expands and swallows the Fire Spin up whole. Haf just watches sadly as his attack disappears, taking poison damage. Bulbasaur smirks, even though it is getting tiring to hold this Protect up.

Haf closes his eyes and concentrates deeply, flashing a white color and causing him to twitch slightly. Bulbasaur drops the Protect shield as his bulb begins to expand and a seed forms inside. It pops out and flies toward Haf. He opens his eyes just as the seed collides with him. It immediately sprouts into a web of vines, entagling him and beginning to sap his health.

POST-BATTLE

Battle Stats

Bulbasaur 100%, beginning to feel extra Leeched energy, confident

Haf 97%, badly poisoned, Leech Seeded, slightly fatigued

Arena No Changes of Consequence

Indecent Exposure
28th June 2004, 04:53 PM
Ok, good start but watch out, it's just psyched up. Start with a Double Team and a Light Screen to increase your defenses. Finish the round with a Vine Whip if Torchic is close (close enough so that there wouldnt be a chance to truly block it), otherwise go with a safer Razor Leaf option.

RaZoR LeAf
29th June 2004, 05:48 AM
Hmm, the round could have gone better Haf, but we'll see how we do, it's early days yet.

OK Haf, begin with a widespread Flmaethrower. Don't worry about damage, just get rid of all the clones. Now lets atleast use this poisoning to our advantage and lash out with a Facade. Finally make some distance between you and Bulbasaur and use Fire Blast.

30th June 2004, 12:29 PM
Shade Sorry guys, I have NO time to ref this now, I will try and get to it soon.

1st July 2004, 04:05 PM
PRE-BATTLE
Indecent Exposure vs. RaZoR LeAf
IE's Bulbasaur (Do any of your Pokémon have genders? Do you check? :P) vs. Haf the Male Torchic

Indecent Exposure Ok, good start but watch out, it's just psyched up. Start with a Double Team and a Light Screen to increase your defenses. Finish the round with a Vine Whip if Torchic is close (close enough so that there wouldnt be a chance to truly block it), otherwise go with a safer Razor Leaf option.

RaZoR LeAf OK Haf, begin with a widespread Flmaethrower. Don't worry about damage, just get rid of all the clones. Now lets atleast use this poisoning to our advantage and lash out with a Facade. Finally make some distance between you and Bulbasaur and use Fire Blast.

Battle Stats

Bulbasaur 100%, beginning to feel extra Leeched energy, confident

Haf 97%, badly poisoned, Leech Seeded, slightly fatigued

ROUND TWO BEGIN!!

Bulbasaur lets out a little cry as it flashes white. It then splits into 4 images, identical in every way. Haf doesn't worry too much about it as he inhales as much as he can. He then jumps into the air, doing a quick front flip, and then spews a wide ray of flames at the Bulbasaur. All three clones fade away and Bulbasaur takes good damage as well as a slight burn.

Bulbasaur flashes white again, as a thick yellow aura surrounds him. It then lifts from Bulbasaur, as if it were shedding skin, and forms a mirror in front of it, protecting it from special attacks. Haf takes this opportunity to physically attack and begins to pulsate all seven colors of the rainbow. Beads of sweat appear all over his face as the colors change faster and faster. This chick's becoming a walking seizure! He charges at Bulbasaur and leaps through the Light Screen without even a slight change in momentum. He then tackles Bulbasaur with all his might, concentrating on his poisonous pain as he does so. Bulbasaur flies back a couple of feet but lands on its feet, breathing heavily. Torchic bounces from one foot to the other, breathing quickly to cool off.

Haf takes the initiative this time as he does a backflip and lands about 10 feet farther from Bulbasaur than he was before. Bulbasaur remembers its command: "distance, Razor Leaf." It lets out another battle cry as several razor-sharp leaves fly out from under its bulb, spinning like boomerangs, and hurdle towards Haf. Haf, however, inhales once again, this time spitting out a huge star of flame to counter the attack. The star passes through the leaves like they were nothing, burning them to ash. The star passes through the Light Screen and shrinks in size, then passes through Bulbasaur and vanishes. Bulbasaur's burn is made worse as Torchic lets out a chirp of victory.

POST-BATTLE

Battle Stats

Bulbasaur 85%, burned, Light Screen up (7 more actions) (Flamethrower damage: 3%, Facade damage: 8%, Fire Blast damage: 4%, Leech Seed health and burn damage cancel out)

Haf 93%, badly poisoned, Leech Seeded, confident (Poison + Leech Seed damage: 4%)

RaZoR LeAf
1st July 2004, 04:31 PM
Haf, power up with Swords Dance then use Aerial Ace again to attack Bulbasaur. When you've hit bulbasaur, get behind the light screen and aim a flamethrower at Bulbasaur agains so it doesn't get intervened by the Screen,

4th July 2004, 11:57 AM
Shade DQ has passed... RaZoR LeAf, do you want to wait for him?

Indecent Exposure
4th July 2004, 02:32 PM
Hmm, didn't even notice you'd posted...

Well if you wanna carry on:

Start off with a Double Team to confuse it when it attacks. Follow it up with a Swords Dance of your own. If Torchic hit with its last attack (and therefore knows where the light screen is, use a Protect. If it missed, or hit one of the clones (and therefore can't get behind the light screen), let it attack, and then counter it with a Skull Bash.

RaZoR LeAf
6th July 2004, 06:32 AM
Yeah carry on, I hadn't noticed either to be honest

Indecent Exposure
6th July 2004, 06:48 AM
...that you had posted? :P

tygerofdanyte
6th July 2004, 07:42 PM
holy shnikes.

this place still exists. btw, go todd. I'm rootin for ya.

and oh yeah, hey shade.

RaZoR LeAf
7th July 2004, 09:27 AM
...that you had posted? :P

That you hadn't actually... I'm confused.

Syberia
8th July 2004, 12:57 AM
Whoa, it's tyger, wtf?

Suzaku
1st August 2004, 06:42 PM
I saw in the Reffing Tower that you needed a ref. I can offer my services, but I'm not an approved ref yet. I'll still ref though if you want me to.

Loupeitak
2nd August 2004, 02:02 AM
Intermediate ref here. Need my services ?

RaZoR LeAf
2nd August 2004, 08:19 AM
Out of choice, Loupitek gets the job, only because he's currently approved. Thanks.

Loupeitak
3rd August 2004, 02:47 AM
RAZOR LEAF:
Haf, power up with Swords Dance then use Aerial Ace again to attack Bulbasaur. When you've hit bulbasaur, get behind the light screen and aim a flamethrower at Bulbasaur agains so it doesn't get intervened by the Screen,

INDECENT BLAH BLAH BLAH:
Start off with a Double Team to confuse it when it attacks. Follow it up with a Swords Dance of your own. If Torchic hit with its last attack (and therefore knows where the light screen is, use a Protect. If it missed, or hit one of the clones (and therefore can't get behind the light screen), let it attack, and then counter it with a Skull Bash.

[CENTER]Bulbasaur vs Haf the Torchic

Before Round 3
Bulbasaur 85%, burned, Light Screen up (7 more actions)
Haf 93%, badly poisoned, Leech Seeded, confident

Arena: No Changes of Consequence

ROUND 3[/COLOR]

Haf starts off the round moving around in circles while swords start flying over his head. His body starts to glow white as his attack powers up
While Haf is dancing the bulbasaur creates some clones of itself. AFter both pokemon finish their set-up we can see 3 bulbasaurs. Torchic is very confused trying to know which is which.

The Torchic moves first again and chooses one to attack. He flungs himself and BANG, he smacks against the real Bulbasaur making him stumble back.
Bulbasaur doesn't attack but starts doing exactly the same dance Haf did a few seconds ago. He glows white as the swords fly over his head.

Haf then gets behind the light screen and blows a huge wave of fire. It hits the Bulbasaur and engulfs him. The fire keeps on lasting and everyone thinks that the Bulbasaur has lost. When finally Haf lets go, Bulbasaur is just sitting there, a white foggy shield in front of him.

After Round 3
Bulbasaur: 80% burned, Light Screen up (4 more actions)
Haf the Torchic: 88% badly poisoned, Leech Seeded, confident

Arena: Quite normal

----------------------------------------------------------------

Sorry if this was short. I had to do this very quick coz i am going for vacation for a week. And could u put my name as ref ?

RaZoR LeAf
8th August 2004, 05:46 PM
Well, Indecent Exposure hasn't posted for ages now, so I'm calling DQ. Thanks Loupitek, but I guess your serveies weren't needed after all.

*goes to check if this battle is worth anything*