PDA

View Full Version : Shade vs Prodigy - Ref: Hikaru

Shade the Light Gym Leader
23rd June 2004, 09:21 PM
Shade Yea guys, guess who's back with a new font color and new attitude. Lol, yes, its me Shade! I have been totally bored this summer so hopefully I can get back into ASB battling with everyone. So yea, I've got an Open Challenge for anyone who wants to give me my first Neo-ASB battle.

Rules
2 on 2
You choose first
I attack first
48 Hour DQ
Arena: Indigo Stadium

... *taps foot*

Prodigy
23rd June 2004, 11:47 PM
Well, I may as well get a battle going. I'll take you on with Neoblank, my male Absol. I think I can get Hikaru to ref, if that's alright with you.

24th June 2004, 10:04 AM
Shade No prob, Mozz can ref.

An Absol... hmm... I think I'll start this match off with Sajian, my female Eevee.

Ok Sajian, we are up against a tough opponent but we can take him down if we play our cards right. Start off by clouding up his vision with a Sand Attack. Then Wish upon a star to get some extra energy. Finish up this round with a good Body Slam, and concentrate on paralyzing it!

Prodigy
25th June 2004, 01:51 AM
I don't know when Snatch needs to be used in order to intercept Wish, but Hikaru does, so we'll keep our options open. Tentatively, Neo, Faint Attack to fade from the Sand-Attack and then attack Sajian from behind, then Snatch away the boost from Wish. The text for Snatch is slightly unclear, though, so it may be that you have to use the move ahead of time.. in that case, Snatch first, then advance on the Eevee and deliver a Slash. In any case, ready yourself and Counter the Body Slam when it comes.

(Faint Attack, Snatch) or (Snatch, Slash), Counter

26th June 2004, 12:30 PM
Shade We really need a ref here, so could someone come and help us out please???

VirtualPlay
26th June 2004, 12:59 PM
Well, if:
A) You {can't get/don't want to wait for} your preferred ref
B) You don't mind me reffing
C) You can wait a day or two for me to get the ref up

I'll be glad to ref for you.

Also, if you'd like to help out my experiment of image refs (I'm working on one other battle this way) and don't mind more of a delay before reffings, I'll be glad to do it that way. As I said in the other battle...
Pros: Gives an idea of what's going on, helps for clearer attack choosing
Cons: Takes longer for refs to come, may not work as intended

Again, I'll be happy just leaving it at the text-based reffing if you want faster refs. It's all up to you battlers, I'm fine either way.

Hikaru
26th June 2004, 12:59 PM
Post will contain reffing.

Hikaru
26th June 2004, 01:10 PM
On a typical dirt/clay field in front of tens of thousands of rabid, possibly drunk, fans, Shade and Prodigy square off to start their match! Shade releases an Eevee, cute, but with a game face on, ready to kick some Pokearse. Prodigy releases an Absol, the powerful "Disaster" Pokemon.

Eevee starts off with a Sand Attack, turning around and clawing sand towards Absol. Absol's orders for the round, being sort of vague, take some time to register. However, Absol has used Snatch before, and knows that it needs to be used before any Wish-type moves are used. With sand pelting its face, however, Absol is having a difficult time concentrating on Snatching the move and cursing Eevee. He attempts to use it, but I'm not sure if it worked..

With its vision messed up, Absol seems frustrated already, and charges towards where he thinks Eevee is, readying his horn for a Slash attack. However, Eevee sees it coming, and simply "ole"s Absol, who wasn't aiming correctly anyway. Eevee then uses Wish, although the results of it won't be seen until next round (especially who gets the Wish)..

Eevee then finishes up the round by charging towards Absol, who doesn't really need vision to use a Counter attack, as the red coat glistens, as Eevee hits it and flies back, taking decent damage from the attack..

Shade - Eevee - 88% - Confident
Prodigy - Absol - 93% - Sight messed up a little

Wish applied next round.

26th June 2004, 05:41 PM
Shade Nice job Sajian! Hopefully you get the Wish bonus next round (way to create suspense Mozz)... let's wait for Prodigy's attacks.

Prodigy
27th June 2004, 02:11 PM
Spread out with Double Team to buy a bit of time, then try to clear the sand out of your eyes. You can spend an action doing it if that's what's necessary to do a good job. If we're lucky, the Wish will kick in for you right about then, so use whatever time you have left to punish the Eevee with Slash attacks.

Double Team, clear sand out of eyes (as necessary), Slash, Slash (as time permits)

27th June 2004, 03:56 PM
Shade Ok, Sajian, start off with a Rain Dance to destroy any Double Team clones he creates. Unfourtunately, this will also wash the sand out of his eyes, so you are gonna need to Attract him before he tries to Slash you. Finish up with a good Secret Power beam to cause damage and (hopefully) give him a status ailment.

28th June 2004, 12:56 PM
Shade Mozz, where art thou?

Hikaru
28th June 2004, 04:53 PM
Will ref before bed ^^;

Yesterday was an all day SSBM fest in NYC, sorry about that =/

30th June 2004, 12:26 PM
Shade You must do a LOT before bed. ;)

Hikaru
30th June 2004, 05:41 PM
Shh.. ^_^;

Busy few days.

Shade - Eevee - 88% - Confident
Prodigy - Absol - 93% - Sight messed up a little

Wish applied next, er... this round.

Absol continues to claw the dirt from its eyes, somehow not hurting itself in the process, as Eevee goes for a Rain Dance, howling as clouds slowly roll in.. Absol uses Double Team as it appears that Absol is having a bit more difficulty than once thought... However, the 6 Absols are lucky, as Eevee uses Attract, unbeknownst to them. Absol finally clears the gook as a drizzle starts to fall. Eevee, however, has other plans, as Wish kicks in.. Absol-tachi start to fade away as raindrops come down.. Eevee though, still sees about three dark animals rushing towards it, and fires the Secret Power at :rolls dice: the wrong one, as Eevee takes a decent hit from Slash, but is even more confident than before thanks to the awe-inspiring power of Wish.

Shade - Eevee - 70% - Confident
Prodigy - Absol - 93% - Wondering why Eevee's so confident oO

There is now a constant rain.

1st July 2004, 09:41 AM
Shade Hold on...

Shouldn't the Double Team clones have faded away faster? And even if they didn't, shouldn't Sajian have been able to tell which ones were clones because they were in the process of fading? I have always assumed Rain Dance didn't start a gradual rain, but more like the clouds come and rain immediately starts pouring. It also confuses me that Absol got two actions in before Eevee's first action was completed.

Hikaru
1st July 2004, 04:29 PM
Rain Dance has been shown on numerous occasions to not lead to an immediate downpour..

Absol was doing its second action while Eevee was doing its second action.

Any more questions, I'm extremely available on AIM. ^^;

4th July 2004, 11:56 AM
Shade OK Mozz... if you say so...

Sajian, Attract again, this time until it works. We desperately need to hinder this Absol somehow. Next if you have any actions left, use a good Secret Power beam again, to give it another status ailment, and finish with a strong Body Slam if you can.

Prodigy
6th July 2004, 12:38 PM
Swords Dance and don't bother trying to avoid the Attract. Wait for Eevee to move, then move in with two Slashes after she turns on you.

Swords Dance, Slash, Slash