PDA

View Full Version : Diablo 2: Lord of Destruction

AbareMax
24th June 2004, 07:54 PM
I have recently bought this game, and I love it! It's an example of what a great PC RPG should be. The multiplayer mode is awesome, because you can get other people to help you in your quest of defeating evil. I guess you'd say that this game is Point-Click madness! :nut:

If you can, tell me your username so we could meet up and help each other out!

Thanks

AbareMax

Little_Pikachu
24th June 2004, 08:07 PM
I first played Diablo in about '97, I got online about a year later and it was the first game I played over the 'net. When Diablo2 came out my friends and I played it together for 16 hours straight most days. It's only recently that I've got LOD and myself and GreenShirT finished normal mode on it just the other night ^_^ It is a really fun and addictive game.

I don't play over b.net these days though, mainly because my old computer couldn't take the pressure, I should probably try on this new one sometime.

Well, enjoy :) What character do you use and what skills are you majoring in?

AbareMax
24th June 2004, 08:10 PM
My sorceress is my best character. She's using basically ice moves. I'm trying to level her up with some Baal Runs. BTW, my username is Curlyboy100

Sarcastic Assassin
24th June 2004, 09:06 PM
Username: DeusXIII

I have a Paladin I leveled up until level 18, but then started over with a Sorceress. Considering I was pretty much only plaing alone, the poor Paladin wasn't really useful.

I'm usually on USEast.

PNT510
24th June 2004, 09:07 PM
I use to play a ton not so much anymore. If you see me on it'll be as PNT510 or PNT5102 on USEast.

phaedrus
24th June 2004, 09:33 PM
i used to play on USWest nonstop.

then i stopped.

mainly because of hackers and scammers

hacked=3 times
scammed=15 times

so i stopped, and i began a non-scam game:

starcraft.

Razola
24th June 2004, 09:58 PM
so i stopped, and i began a non-hack game:

starcraft.
AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

Leon-IH
25th June 2004, 02:56 AM
I play EAST as pongle/(sM)pongle..

starcraft is full of hackers, that is why it sucks ****.

GreenShirT
25th June 2004, 11:03 AM
Yeah as Suzie said we only recently got the expansion and completed it the other night.

My Username is Genjou_Sanzo and I play as a Necromancer :)

phaedrus
25th June 2004, 12:11 PM

like warcraftII is any better?

hackers meaning thieving your accounts, your items, etc.

in starcraft, never seen it. all i've seen is one attempt to put viri onto a computer. that's it.

phaedrus
25th June 2004, 12:12 PM
Yeah as Suzie said we only recently got the expansion and completed it the other night.

My Username is Genjou_Sanzo and I play as a Necromancer :)

have you guys found the secret cow level? ;)

Razola
25th June 2004, 12:18 PM
hackers meaning thieving your accounts, your items, etc.
WRONGERY. Hacking is purposefully using your own programming or others' to abuse/bend/break the game rules. Form duping items in D2 to seeing the entire map in SC, hacking can be in just about any game.

phaedrus
25th June 2004, 12:27 PM
WRONGERY. Hacking is purposefully using your own programming or others' to abuse/bend/break the game rules. Form duping items in D2 to seeing the entire map in SC, hacking can be in just about any game.

there's less hacking apparent in starcraft than in diabloII:lod.

i see characters with 40 hex charms. hexes are hacked. +99 strength, +99 dexterity, +99 vitality/magic. 99 x 40? that's alot of hacked stats, unless you can't see it.

i don't see people do that **** on starcraft. the most i've seen is maps that go outside the unit limit, stack, and map. is that as bad as 40 hex charms for pking? i don't think so

Razola
25th June 2004, 12:31 PM
Hacking is not as common in SC, granted, because it's not as fun as having a beefed-up guy.

But it does happen. Blizzard closed thousands of accounts for it.

AbareMax
26th June 2004, 09:26 AM
strat: to make the cow level you need the Horadric Cube, Wirt's Leg, and Tome of Town Portal. Make sure you put at least 5-20 Scroll of Town Portal into the Tome. The more scrolls the harder the level. Also make sure you kill Baal in the difficutly you wish to make cows. *Don't kill the King Cow or else you can't make any more levels*

Hey if you guys wanna make a game, or do baal runs, contact me on AIM.

phaedrus
26th June 2004, 12:17 PM
strat: to make the cow level you need the Horadric Cube, Wirt's Leg, and Tome of Town Portal. Make sure you put at least 5-20 Scroll of Town Portal into the Tome. The more scrolls the harder the level. Also make sure you kill Baal in the difficutly you wish to make cows. *Don't kill the King Cow or else you can't make any more levels*

i knew that. i was just wondering if suzie and GreenShirT found it. =P

The Muffin Man
26th June 2004, 04:18 PM
I play EAST as pongle/(sM)pongle..

I've never seen anyone hack on Starcraft. Even still it's way better than Diablo 2 - Lord of Mouse destruction.

GreenShirT
26th June 2004, 04:48 PM
have you guys found the secret cow level? ;)

Yeah we have, it was far too easy this time around too but we were a high level.

The Muffin Man
26th June 2004, 06:31 PM
Yeah we have, it was far too easy this time around too but we were a high level.

Wait till you get to Hell. It gets really tough*Mobs of high lvl cows!*

phaedrus
26th June 2004, 06:59 PM
Wait till you get to Hell. It gets really tough*Mobs of high lvl cows!*

i was lvl88 with godly equipment...but the best weapon i had was buriza.

either way it was hella easy. buriza+multi-shot+eth(1.09)=lots of dead cows

pking was cheap in 1.09 with buriza. guided arrows = whee~

AbareMax
26th June 2004, 07:04 PM
My sorceress could really use some good items... *hint hint* lol. She's only level 19... Let me know if you guys wanna make a game, or create a clan...

AbareMax

The Muffin Man
28th June 2004, 12:00 PM
i was lvl88 with godly equipment...but the best weapon i had was buriza.

either way it was hella easy. buriza+multi-shot+eth(1.09)=lots of dead cows

pking was cheap in 1.09 with buriza. guided arrows = whee~

o_O;; And this somehow makes it anything BUT easy?

First off, Amazons are like the most abused class. They were made too good for mobs it seems.

Secondly, godly equipment, high lvls, and waves of arrows isn't exactly going to make Cows hard...

AbareMax
28th June 2004, 01:43 PM
Lol that's true The Muffin Man... I heard the ladder will be resetting soon... :( That stinks cause I didn't get to do much with my sorc. Well, anyone wanna start a clan when the new ladder season starts? ;)

MetalScyther
30th June 2004, 03:54 PM
in starcraft, never seen it. all i've seen is one attempt to put viri onto a computer. that's it.

That isn't true either, and it is fixed in the newest version I believe. The old versions can make it appear like you are saving a virus to your hard disk whenever someone saves a game, they could name it "Virus.exe." Then when it saves, it says "Saving virus.eve to your hard drive" or something, when it is really just a saved game. I fell for that at first too. :/

People also use hacks that disconnect you from the game tool; I remember "GeNeRaL-GeNoWaR" or something on USEast did that all the time, including to someone like me. :[

Most people that maphack suck, and compared to other hacks in other games, a maphack isn't as nearly effective.

phaedrus
30th June 2004, 03:59 PM

That isn't true either, and it is fixed in the newest version I believe. The old versions can make it appear like you are saving a virus to your hard disk whenever someone saves a game, they could name it "Virus.exe." Then when it saves, it says "Saving virus.eve to your hard drive" or something, when it is really just a saved game. I fell for that at first too. :/

People also use hacks that disconnect you from the game tool; I remember "GeNeRaL-GeNoWaR" or something on USEast did that all the time, including to someone like me. :[

Most people that maphack suck, and compared to other hacks in other games, a maphack isn't as nearly effective.

well it was a patch or two before, and i remember i was playing micro jail, and in the beginning of the game, there was text coming up in the shape of a *****, etc., then the actual sc system detected a worm being uploaded to the computer, so i left the game before harm could be done. it was awhile ago, so it probably doesn't exist anymore, but still, it was an attack.

phaedrus
30th June 2004, 04:01 PM
o_O;; And this somehow makes it anything BUT easy?

First off, Amazons are like the most abused class. They were made too good for mobs it seems.

Secondly, godly equipment, high lvls, and waves of arrows isn't exactly going to make Cows hard...

amazons (had that godly one), barbs (had an awesome one) and sorcs (had one of these too lolz) were the most abused. i saw a few assassins (had a pk one myself), few druids (had one of these), and like, 3 necromancers.

most of the druids and necros were pk ones, but they weren't THAT good, lolz.

MetalScyther
30th June 2004, 04:09 PM
I don't even know what micro jail is. I haven't played much besides lost temple and an occasional bgh(oh god money map!!!11).