PDA

View Full Version : Need help (again)

Roarkiller
25th June 2004, 10:31 AM
This time its the pkmn. I cant go through every card in 6 sets in detail juz to look for the card i want, so ill juz pose my question here.

Is there any available pkmn that allows u to switch the defending pkmn during ur turn (power, not attack), or some pkmn that can do decent(30 at least) damage to the bench with a decent cost?

Ignore the fact that im using water w/ absol support, i can manage. I juz need to finalize the foundation of the strat first.

Water Pokemon Master
25th June 2004, 04:07 PM
Exploud from EX Hidden Legends can do lots of damage to the bench.

http://pokebeach.topcities.com/scans/exlegends/scans/temp/006.jpg

Pokemon Reversal allows you to switch the Defending Pokemon with a Pokemon on the bench (but you have to flip).

Roarkiller
26th June 2004, 03:18 AM
Two stage2 in one deck aint very nice. Anyway, i found ebuzz from sandstorm, maybe i might use that, tho now i have to find a way to discard L energy on the 1st turn., and a way to power it up faster.

Let see, pkmn almost confirmed, energy can be done later... guess all i have to do now is prepare a good trainer engine, huh?

Water Pokemon Master
26th June 2004, 03:21 AM
Well, you have some options for trainers:

1. Prof. Oak's Research
2. Steven's Advice
3. TV Reporter

Roarkiller
26th June 2004, 03:27 AM
Steven's in, POR i dont think ill include it. TVR, i dont like the discarding part, and juggler might seem to be a better option if i wan to discard anything, so it aint confirmed.

Water Pokemon Master
26th June 2004, 12:54 PM
Juggler goes bye-bye in less than two months.

I would do this:
4 POR
4 Steven's Advice
3 TV Reporter
4 Dunsparce
2 Rain Castform

Roarkiller
26th June 2004, 11:14 PM
I dont usually play with a full bench for strattegy reasons, so if i added dunsparce, it hampers me, and so does wobby (yeah, decided to ditch him afterall). In any case, omanyte lets me get out a full bench, much better than dunsparce.

My deck goes like this now:

(16)
4 omanyte sandstorm
4 omastar sandstorm
2 absol
3 buried fossil (maybe m.fossil is better?)
3 ebuzz (sandstorm)

(26)
3 fast ball
2 wally's training (sup)
3 rare candy
4 oracle
2 desert ruins (stad)
3 copycat (sup)
3 steven's advice (sup)
2 TVR/juggler
2 TV
2 hyper potion/briney compassion

8 water
4 lightning
2 multi
4 dark

Its basically speed, and a few hrs ago i realized that i got nothing to work as a stall except omanyte, which is kinda bad for me since none of the pkmn can do damage turn one and only absol is beneficial in any way on turn one.

Btw, i also thought of using Water TM to target bench, but i guess it aint practical, huh?

I also need a way to get out fossil out 1st turn, and since i kinda forgot to include any trainers for that :P any suggestions? Maybe i should replace fast ball for that.

Water Pokemon Master
27th June 2004, 01:08 PM
In an Omastar deck you don't have an Ancient Techinical Machine [Rock]?!?!

http://pokebeach.topcities.com/scans/exlegends/scans/temp/085.jpg

We need to battle on Apprentice, RK.

Alec Trevelyan
27th June 2004, 05:09 PM
ok, the deck is fine, but i would stand much on exp/aqua/sky trainer cards cuz they will be out of modified, you'll play this until september ;/
anyway the strategy is good, but even with desert ruins i think EX stuff will be a problem. I may be saying something stupid, but shutting down poke powers would be good agains some decks... maybe muk EX could be there... if blaziken doesnt works blaziken EX wont work too imo.

Roarkiller
28th June 2004, 10:19 AM
Whoever gets out the pkmn 1st wins i guess.

Bout the TM, isnt that what omastar is for? In any case, the purpose of its 1st attack is against those that candied to stage2, making it easy target.

Unless they got a counter-gym, desert ruins is sure to ruin any of the common ex pkmn, if its true that maximum HP refers to the HP written on the card and not remaining HP. And unless they got healing, which from WPM sez theres virtually none, Pull down kills most pkmn after being watered down. And if they retreated, i can leave it alone on the bench and keep on using hydrocannon, then Pull Down for a prize sweep. What i really need is a bench damager (ebuzz for now), or a card to pull out bench pkmn to the active position for me to kill. Like warp point or pkmn reversal.

Apprentice sounds nice. I should be free this weekend unless im out hunting cards agin.

homeofmew
28th June 2004, 02:07 PM
Back to your first question EX dragon Salamance, the better one with Dragon wind, you can switch to a bench poke and kill that poke.

Draw Power= Energy Draw Declatty, Steven.