PDA

View Full Version : Colosseum Reboot

Cferra
25th June 2004, 08:33 PM
I decided to reboot my 70 hour Colosseum game that I started when the game came out. I just sent over important pokemon that I wanted to save and leaving the ones that I'll get again on the Colosseum PC.

The reason I want to reset is because I want a female yanma to get a yanma with signal beam. I also want to see if I can get 90 pokemon into the boxes. So, any theory on how to do that?

Also, which starter should I pick? Last time, I picked a female quilava. So, perhaps I'll get a Bayleef this time. Which one should I pick?

L_X

The Blue Avenger
25th June 2004, 09:07 PM
To get 90 Pokemon, continually trade over lv. 19 or under Nincadas and evolve them. Two Pokemon for the price o' one. And for the starter, I would go with Bayleef, just because Body Slam and Razor Leaf are pretty helpful, and Meganium is pretty powerful anyway.

andyizcool
26th June 2004, 03:48 AM
Also, which starter should I pick? Last time, I picked a female quilava. So, perhaps I'll get a Bayleef this time. Which one should I pick?
You did remember to get the other Starters later on that game? Remember they can all be snatched on the same save file so you have all the GSC Starters. I think Quilava and Espeon sweeping through the game is a good idea that I used before. Grass Pokemon like Bayleef never have much use going through a game because mostly sweeping counts. Grass Pokemon hardly sweep, they're most there for Annoyers and other stuff.

Cferra
26th June 2004, 07:45 AM
Yeah, I did remember as I did beat the game before. Working on getting me a female Bayleef. I'll see how it goes with her.

L_X

andyizcool
26th June 2004, 11:46 AM
Yeah, I did remember as I did beat the game before. Working on getting me a female Bayleef. I'll see how it goes with her.

L_X
Female Starters can be really hard to get and annoyed me when I was getting them. My first Starter I had to reset about four times before it was Female. My second Starter took me about five resets until it was Female. My final Starter took me more than ten resets before it was Female. This shows even though the odds of the Starter being Female are about 15% it's still a very low chance and can annoy some people a lot. Just keep at it and good luck getting all Female Starters or any other Pokemon you need.

Chrisodeo
26th June 2004, 11:48 AM
You can go ahead and get that Bayleef, but you'll have some trouble come Dakim and Mt. Battle. I picked Bayleef in my original Colosseum game, and could just barely beat that Metang. I'd try out the Croconaw, just to see how it works out.

The Muffin Man
2nd July 2004, 01:43 PM
I actually got a Slugma and evolved it into Magcargo and didn't have a huge problem. His Flamethrower helped quite a bit.

Also Chrisodeo - "What kind of gods are you!?"

boy
2nd July 2004, 03:16 PM
nah metang is not THAT hard - even if u chose bayleef

wen i was fighting it, all i used was a thunderbolt from ampharos and it fainted in one shot (i think i had quick claw attached to it)

Chrisodeo
2nd July 2004, 09:37 PM
@Muffin Man: Indeed. How long ya been readin it?

If you can get Ampharos up to speed, then yes, it should get Metang. Also if it doesn't use Protect. Otherwise, it'll get creamed by EQ. I've found that Makuhita is your best bet vs. Metang if you pick Bayleef. Cheating AI.