PDA

View Full Version : I've hopped off the Chaos wagon...

Wraith
12th July 2004, 01:30 PM
...and stepped onto the Exodia one instead! Due to this new 10 card ban list coming in I've had to change my deck. So, here's a start to my new Exodia deck, suggestions are open plz...

Monsters = (16)

[1] Exodia the Forbidden One
[1] Left Arm of the Forbidden One
[1] Right Arm of the Forbidden One
[1] Left Leg of the Forbidden One
[1] Right Leg of the Forbidden One
[1] Sangan
[1] Witch of the Black Forest
[3] Penguin Soldier
[2] Cannon Soldier
[1] Time Wizard
[2] Magician of Faith
[1] Sinister Serpent

Magic = (15)

[1] Monster Reborn
[1] Premature Burial
[3] The Shallow Grave
[1] Graceful Charity
[1] Pot of Greed
[1] Swords of Revealing Light
[1] Dark Hole
[1] Card Destruction
[1] Upstart Goblin
[2] Card of Safe Return
[2] Messenger of Peace

Trap = (9)

[1] Call of the Haunted
[1] Reckless Greed
[2] Backup Soldier
[2] Gravity Bind
[3] Jar of Greed

Total cards = 40

I know Painful Choice isn't here, but it's been banned sadly :o(
But what do you think? Plz r8
Thanx

Yoh Asakura
12th July 2004, 01:50 PM
Manticore combo works best for Exodia. Infinate draw.

Last Exile
13th July 2004, 02:33 AM
Yes, 2 Manticores of Darkness to go with Card of Safe Return = infinite draw combo. Replace Time Wizard and Sinister Serpent with them.

I like how you're using the Shallow Grave. ;) I've always thought it should be used in an Exodia deck.

I think you should also use Reasoning and Monster Gate. Hell, if you lose an Exodia piece to the Graveyard, get it back with Backup Soldier.

And you're forgetting another card! Emissary of the Afterlife! That'll get Sangan back onto the field as well!

Gather your Mind and Thunder Dragon are other good drawing options.

Wraith
13th July 2004, 07:23 AM
And you're forgetting another card! Emissary of the Afterlife! That'll get Sangan back onto the field as well!

The wording of Emissary of the Afterlife is that you can move a normal monster into your hand, so would i still be able to move Sangan cos that's an effect monster?

Wraith
13th July 2004, 08:50 AM
No you wouldn't, but it's a great way to fire off Cannon Soldier and get an Exodia piece that your opponent sent to the grave.

Monsters = (17)

Exodia the Forbidden One
Left Arm of the Forbidden One
Right Arm of the Forbidden One
Left Leg of the Forbidden One
Right Leg of the Forbidden One
Penguin Soldier [3]
Manticores of Darkness [2]
Emissary of the Afterlife [2]
Cannon Soldier [2]
Sangan
Magician of Faith
Witch of the Black Forest

>> Mandicore infinate draw combo is a great way to get out Exodia, since Butterfly Dagger has been restricted, it's probably the BEST way. Emissary of the Afterlife is a searchable monster version of Backup Soldier that works as a good tech incase you haven't got 5 monsters in the grave, plus it works with Cannon Soldier, not just "when it is destroyed in battle". Reduced MoF to one as I never play with two.

Magic = (15)

Monster Reborn
Premature Burial
Graceful Charity
Pot of Greed
Swords of Revealing Light
Dark Hole
Card Destruction
Upstart Goblin
Messenger of Peace
The Shallow Grave [3]
Card of Safe Return [3]

>> Now you have Mandicore and EotA I reckon you can run with just one Messenger of Peace, I have also increased your Card of Safe Return for obvious reasons. Good work with Shallow Grave.

Trap = (8)

[1] Call of the Haunted
[2] Backup Soldier
[2] Gravity Bind
[3] Jar of Greed

>> Lost Reckless Greed as without Makyura it is not as effective and to be honest, with the infinate draw combo in play it's otherwise useless and takes one turn to use as it has to be set unlike Upstart Goblin. Less speed = :no: in an Exodia deck

Overall a good basis for a deck but has just been improved by the Power... of Sage!!

SageofDarkness
13th July 2004, 08:52 AM
No you wouldn't, but it's a great way to fire off Cannon Soldier and get an Exodia piece that your opponent sent to the grave.

Monsters = (17)

Exodia the Forbidden One
Left Arm of the Forbidden One
Right Arm of the Forbidden One
Left Leg of the Forbidden One
Right Leg of the Forbidden One
Penguin Soldier [3]
Manticores of Darkness [2]
Emissary of the Afterlife [2]
Cannon Soldier [2]
Sangan
Magician of Faith
Witch of the Black Forest

>> Mandicore infinate draw combo is a great way to get out Exodia, since Butterfly Dagger has been restricted, it's probably the BEST way. Emissary of the Afterlife is a searchable monster version of Backup Soldier that works as a good tech incase you haven't got 5 monsters in the grave, plus it works with Cannon Soldier, not just "when it is destroyed in battle". Reduced MoF to one as I never play with two.

Magic = (15)

Monster Reborn
Premature Burial
Graceful Charity
Pot of Greed
Swords of Revealing Light
Dark Hole
Card Destruction
Upstart Goblin
Messenger of Peace
The Shallow Grave [3]
Card of Safe Return [3]

>> Now you have Mandicore and EotA I reckon you can run with just one Messenger of Peace, I have also increased your Card of Safe Return for obvious reasons. Good work with Shallow Grave.

Trap = (8)

Call of the Haunted
Backup Soldier [2]
Gravity Bind [2]
Jar of Greed [3]

>> Lost Reckless Greed as without Makyura it is not as effective and to be honest, with the infinate draw combo in play it's otherwise useless and takes one turn to use as it has to be set unlike Upstart Goblin. Less speed = :no: in an Exodia deck

Overall a good basis for a deck