Pyro_Shocker
12th July 2004, 04:11 PM
Claydol@Leftovers
Impish: 252-Sp Def/129-Hp/129-Def
- Rapid Spin/Explosion
-Light Screen
-Reflect
-Earthquake

...My Psuedopasser/Rapid Spinner... I only put Earthquake on as a way to deal damage if hes my last pokemon, I'd like to work Toxic into there, but don't know if I should replace Earthquake... I need Rapid Spin so that will most likely be chosen over Explosion, unless numerous people think other wise.

Slowbro@Leftovers
Modest: 252-HP/252-Def/6-Sp Def
-Calm Mind
-Surf
-Psychic
-Icebeam

...Special Sweeper.

Vileplume@Leftovers
Modest: 252-HP/129-Def/129-Sp Def
- Toxic
-Attract/Synthesis
-Armatherapy
-HP Grass

...Cleric, thinking of chooising Synthesis over Attract. Vile is a female if it makes Attract more useful, seeing as most pokemon are males that I battle. Which to go with?

Blaziken@Salac Berry
Adamant: 252-Spd/252-Att/6-HP
-Swords Dance
-Overheat
-Brick Break
-Rock Slide

...Physical Sweeper. I feel like such a fanboy using him >_>

Crobat@Liechi Berry
Jolly: 252-Att/252-Spd/6-HP
-Sludge Bomb
-Haze
-Aerial Ace
-Shadow Ball

...With this nature + EVs Crobat is now faster than Alakazam with a +Speed nature and EVs. Combination of Physical Sweeper and Hazer.

Dusclops@Leftovers
Calm: 252-HP/58-Def/200-Sp Def
-Imprision
-WoW
-Night Shade
-Rest

...Meh, seems fun.

Any suggestions? Hows my type coverage/weaknesses?

Poryhedron
12th July 2004, 08:32 PM
Weaknesses...you've got 3x to Dark and Ghost, both of which are Claydol, Slowbro and Dusclops. You might want to rethink a team with three members that are all weak to the same two types. You also have a 3x to Ice (Claydol, Vileplume and Crobat) and a 3x to Psychic (Vileplume, Blaziken and Crobat.) You're certainly well-protected from Fighting, but a team with four 3x weakness is a team that needs work.

FinalEndgame
13th July 2004, 03:03 AM
Personally for Vileplume I would go with stun spore over attract for two reasons: 1)Paralysis works on guy and gal alike, and 2) It stays on after they change out. Other than that everything looks good, but your Claydol would find Rapid Spin more useful than explosion unless you dont face spikes very often, in which case go with whatever.

Pyro_Shocker
13th July 2004, 07:33 AM
can anyone think of some good replacements to help take away the 3x weakness? I was thinking of replacing Dusclops, but don't know what role/pokemon to add on.

Rabid_Cow
13th July 2004, 10:55 AM
I'll rate then suggest.

Claydol - Fine I guess. Go w/ RS if you see a lot of spikes or go with Explosion if you don't.

Slowbro - I kind of like Thunder Wave on this guy, but your set works just fine. CM + those attacks is great.

Vileplume - Not exactly the what I would like to see here. I hope this is for Net-Battles for a couple of reasons. This guy isn't gonna last long enough to use Toxic and outlast his opponents. HP grass is very hard to get to a high enough base power in-game and b/c he gets razor leaf from an egg move I would definetally go w/that instead. Try this:

Razor Leaf<>Stun Spore<>Aromatherapy<>Attract/Synthesis (I like attract)

Blaziken - Cool.

Crobat - I like Choice Band assassin on this guy. Drop the haze and slap on Return. Give him Choice Band as his held item. He's way to paper thin to stand up to the attack a hazer must endure. Use him as a clean up crew that comes in after one of your pokes faints and do some serious damage. I use my shiny pink Crobat Monego for this job, and he does a darn good job at it.

Dusclops - Hmmm. Just goes to show the many different ways of using this guy. I like this:

Dusclops @ Leftovers
WoW<>Calm Mind<>Ice Beam<>Rest

TankClops. Cool. I use it on the same team as Monego. W/the EV's I put 252 HP and put 129 in each of the defenses. WoW halves their attack while hurts them, and CM ups your sp. atk. and sp. def. If you CM a few times and have burned them, you're bound to live through the many rests that he can use. When he wakes up Ice Beam does some serious damage due to the CM bonus. He is a tank. Absolutelly a tank.

Solid Team, just a few minor adjustments if you want.

Now for the replacement. I don't really think you need Claydol unless you have a serious problem w/spikes. I think that since I suggested taking off Toxic from Vileplume maybe you could use a Toxi-annoyer. Here's my 2 fav's:

Registeel
Amnesia<>Curse<>Toxic<>Rest

Shuckle
Wrap<>Toxic<>Sandstorm/Protect<>Rest

Those 2 have the highest defenses and they can very easily outlast many pokes in a row.

phaedrus
13th July 2004, 12:57 PM
Claydol@Leftovers
Impish: 252-Sp Def/129-Hp/129-Def
- Rapid Spin/Explosion
-Light Screen
-Reflect
-Earthquake

pick which based on play. you could fit toxic>reflect.

Slowbro@Leftovers
Modest: 252-HP/252-Def/6-Sp Def
-Calm Mind
-Surf
-Psychic
-Icebeam

works, but i always like toby variations: @leftovers-thunderwave-fireblast-surf/psychic-calmmind/psychic/surf

Vileplume@Leftovers
Modest: 252-HP/129-Def/129-Sp Def
- Toxic
-Attract/Synthesis
-Armatherapy
-HP Grass

if your vileplume keeps faining, use synth, but if it's working with attract, keep it that way

Blaziken@Salac Berry
Adamant: 252-Spd/252-Att/6-HP
-Swords Dance
-Overheat
-Brick Break
-Rock Slide

works, but i've always preferred bulkup for the added defense

Crobat@Liechi Berry
Jolly: 252-Att/252-Spd/6-HP
-Sludge Bomb
-Haze
-Aerial Ace
-Shadow Ball

works.

Dusclops@Leftovers
Calm: 252-HP/58-Def/200-Sp Def
-Imprision
-WoW
-Night Shade
-Rest

this is fine, but tank is the better set: @leftovers-calmmind-icebeam-willowisp-rest.

i'd suggest doing this:

claydol < starmie (rapidspinner + skarmkill [requireds thunderbolt])
slowbro < swampert (works...)

and that should eliminate most of the weaks you have. you will lost psychic on the slowbro switch, but gain it on starmie. same with earthquake, but vice versa. if you need sets on both, pm me.