PDA

View Full Version : RMT _ The Prodigal Noobs

Enderpan
13th July 2004, 02:07 AM
Bear with me, this is my first team rate since I played silver years ago. But I have done much research and deliberation upon this team, and I hope they'll do good. But there is one thing I am missing, and that is the attached items. Help on that would be much appreciated. Alas, here is the name. The Prodigal Noobs. Without further adeu:

The Prodigal Noobs

Skarmory@??? (Impish-Sturdy) 252 Sp Def_ 129 HP_ 129 Att_
- Drill Peck - Roar - Spikes - Toxic -

Absol@??? (Jolly-Pressure) 252 Speed_ 252 Att_ 6 HP_
- Double-Edge - Shadow Ball - Aerial Ace - Swords Dance -

Milotic@??? (Bold-Marvel Scale) 252 Def_ 129 HP_ 129 Sp Def_
- Refresh - Surf - Ice Beam - Recover -

Gardevoir@??? (Timid-Synchronize) 252 Sp Att_ 129 Speed_ 129 Def_
- Destiny Bond - Thunderbolt - Calm Mind - Psychic -

Salamence@??? (Timid-Intimidate) 252 Sp Att_ 252 Speed_ 6 HP_
- Hydro Pump - Fire Blast - Crunch - Dragon Claw -

Heracross@??? (Adamant-Guts) 252 Att_ 252 Speed_ 6 HP_
- Megahorn - Brick Break - Bulk Up - Earthquake -

Strengths
I have fairly strong attacks in all types but four: Grass, Rock, Poison, and Steel

Weaknesses
Fighting, Grass, Dark, Ghost, Dragon, Rock, Ice, Flying, Bug X2, Electric X2, Fire X2

With only 3 X2 weaknesses, it looks solid type-wise (except I have 4X on Salamence and Heracross).

Any and all suggestions are welcome. Items are needed. Even Poke switches will be considered. I have a few in mind, but I'm not sure how they'll work. (Flygon, Dusclops, Metagross, Zangoose, but I'm not limited to these). Well, except for Absol. He's staying, but his moveset can change. Should I have a Hazer? Should I have a technical Ghost dude like Dusclops? Well, that's all I have to say. Any comments will be appreciated. Thanks much in advance.

FinalEndgame
13th July 2004, 02:45 AM
Looks good except for the Heracross, personally I`m not fond of anything with a 4X weakness But hey thats my style of playing. If your looking for a grass type Sceptile is a really good choice with its custom move leaf blade, and it can learn iron tail too. Just remember attack moves can cover other types, take steel for instance. Steel hurts ice and rock, so does fighting and Steel also does less damage to fire, water, electric, and other steel types. My blaziken has Flamethrower, Rock Slide, Sky Uppercut, and Aerial Ace. So he covers his weakness of flying, whick leaves him still vunerable to Psychic, Water, and Ground, which the rest of my team can easily cover.( if you want to take a look at them its in this forum somewhere) But if you still want a steel type then your Skarmory could use Steel Wing, Drill Peck, Spikes, and Roar/Toxic (another Poke can cover the other move) And Absol could trade Double edge for Flamethrower, effectivly covering all of its weaknesses. So try these tradeins:

Absol
Swords Dance
Aerial Ace
Shadow Ball
Flamethrower

Sceptile
Roar
Leaf Blade
Iron Tail
Toxic

Skarmory
Spikes
Steel Wing
Drill Peck
Roar

Just try trading the movesets and then Sceptile for Heracross.
As for your other trade-in types try these.

Dusclops
Mean Look/Ghost Punch/Choose somethin
W-o-W
Confuse Ray
Night Shade

Zangoose
Swords Dance
Aerial Ace
Brick Break
Flamethrower(for taking care of steel types)/Return

Anyways thats all I have to say.

Enderpan
13th July 2004, 02:02 PM
Oh yeah, I forgot to mention all of this is on the Gameboy, so other starters besides my blaziken are inaccessible. If I ditch my Heracross, I need to bring in another Physical Sweeper. I could ditch Skarmory for Aggron or Metagross to take care of the steel position, then bring in a grass poke such as Vileplume or something else (help me on that) to take care of grass and maybe have aromatherapy. Or I could take Cacturne and put spikes on him. Comments?

phaedrus
13th July 2004, 02:16 PM
i only notice one thing. no hp~electric on sal. of course, if you aren't willing to go for a new one, your set works.

good job. thank god for giving a team that doesn't need more than 2 corrections. :sweatdrop4:

Enderpan
13th July 2004, 03:44 PM
Thanks for all of the help, but I still have a few issues that need to be solved. I still don't know which items to use on all of my guys. I'm pretty much clueless in this area.

Also, I'm considering taking out the pair [Heracross-Skarmory] for [Metagross-some grass pokemon]. Any suggestions on this including suggestions on a grass poke would be appreciated. Should I go for an aromatherapy dude? or should I go for another special attacker? Cacturne can get Spikes, should I go for him?

One last thing, Should I consider a Hazer? Weezing could be a good addition to my team. But he's not exactly that cool-looking which is one factor I have when I choose my team (not the first, but still kinda important).

FinalEndgame
14th July 2004, 02:37 AM
Try this:
Cacturne@kings rock
Needle Arm/Giga Drain
Faint Atk
Spikes
Leech Seed/Sandstorm

Use the kings rock for needle arm for mad flinchyness. Or Giga drain since Cacturne has a sky-high Sp.Atk and gets a STAB for it. Leech seed or sandstorm is up to you. Both do damage each turn but one increase your health and the other increases evasivness, the choice is yours.

Another spiker:
Glalie@Kings rock
Ice Beam
Bite/Crunch
Spikes
Earthquake

Again Kings Rock+Bite=Mad Flinchyness but Kings Rock+Crunch=More damage, could lower def, but less flinching. Again the choice is yours.

As for a hazer I dont personally use one but I hear Crobat is a good choice:

Crobat@????
Haze
Toxic
Confuse Ray
????

And for a Cleric:
Vilplume@????
Aromatherapy
Petal Dance
Stun Spore/Sleep Powder/Poison Powder
????

Might I add solar beam without sunny day is a bad idea as they can switch their pokemon for a fire user and if you did put sunny day on Vileplume that only means you`ve just committed suicide. As for the Natures someone else will have to help you. Its really just based on what you will and wont use them for.

Enderpan
14th July 2004, 02:56 AM
Thanks for the help, FinalEndgame. I actually thought about Crobat before you mentioned him, but I wasn't sure if he would actually be useful. I don't think i'll be using Glalie, because I already have a poke handling those types. But I would be happy with all three of the pokes you mentioned. I'm just not sure which would suit my other 5 the best.

FinalEndgame
14th July 2004, 03:06 AM
Replace Skaromry with Caturne and Heracross for the Vileplume or Crobat.

Ultimate Pikachu
15th July 2004, 10:51 AM
I wouldn't take out much. KEEP SKARMORY, it's one of the best Spikers.

Skarmory: Fine, I prefer EVs in Defense over Attack.

Absol: I would replace with Metagross. Return>Double Edge, HP Fighting>Aerial Ace.

Milotic: Fine, Toxic could work over Refresh or Ice Beam.

Gardevoir: Fine.

Salamence: Fine.

Heracross: HP Ghost works over Earthquake.

Your team has no tanks, It NEEDs at least one.

If you replace Absol with Metagross:
Metagross@Leichi Berry/Leftovers
Adamant
252 Att, 129 Def, 129 Sp Def
Meteor Mash
Agility
Eathquake/Sludge Bomb/Shadow Ball/Return(pick two)

Some Tanks and other things useful.

Dusclops@Leftovers
Bold
252 HP, 129 Def, 129 Sp Def
Ice Beam
Will-O-Wisp
Calm Mind
Rest

Torkoal@Leftovers
Calm
Rest
Flamethrower
Amnesia
Toxic/Yawn

Vileplume@Leftovers
Bold
HP Grass/Solarbeam
HP Fire/Toxic
Sunny Day/Sleep Powder?
Aromatherapy

Crobat@Leftovers
Impish
Aerial Ace
Haze
Confuse Ray
Toxic

To FinalEndgame: King's Rock+Flinching move does not increase flinch chance. Aerial Ace is weak without STAB. Iron Tail and Steel Wing suck. Absol and Zangoose can't use special attacks well.

Rabid_Cow
15th July 2004, 05:50 PM
Wow, it's like the blind leading the deaf here. :lol: I'm gonna rate this and hopefully shed some light onto this team.

First off, it's not bad at all. It covers its weaknesses very well, and there isn't too much that I don't like seein. But, here goes:

Skarms - Fine.

Absol - I like using Substitute in this guy's sets. You also need to realize what kind of pokemon it is. Fragile but sharp, just like glass. It's attack is very high but that's about it. I like this set:

Aerial Ace<>Double Edge<>Substitute<>Swords Dance

You can make a shield for yourself, then double your attack. Once you've SDed a few times, you can hammer away w/AA and DE, both of which are physical attacks. In poke's you really shouldn't mix physical w/special attacks, that's why Flamethrower has no place here. The one exception is when you use a poke for a role and just has a STAB for a backup move. (i.e. Feraligatyr used as a physical sweeper, but w/Hydro Pump as a backup)

Milotic - I guess ok. I like:

Surf<>Ice Beam<>HP~Electric<>Rest

Marvel Scale doubles his defense when he uses Rest + Hidden Power allows him to deal damage to other water pokes.

Gardevoir - Perfect. Beautiful. My fav. set for this guy.

Salamence - Fine.

Heracross - This is fine too. DO keep Earthquake b/c of fires. Trust me, keep it.

Do not switch any of your members of your team. It appears well thought out and I'm sure it's pretty darn effective. You really don't need more than 1 spiker, and you've got all weaknesses covered. Metagross is OU majorly and I don't really think you need a tank that bad. IF you decide to use a tank go w/ Dusclops, but there isn't anything you really should drop... Glalie and Cacturne just aren't as good a spiker as Skarms. You really could use a Crobat as a hazer, but again, it's not sturdy enough IMO. As for a "Cleric", I don't think you have enough ppl using Rest to even consider it.

Hope this was of some help!

phaedrus
15th July 2004, 09:03 PM
You can make a shield for yourself, then double your attack.

it's more like upping your attack about 20-22% each SD, not doubling.

*unsure about %s*

Rabid_Cow
16th July 2004, 10:39 PM
It does too double! The %'s go as follows:

1 lvl: Multiply stat by 1.5
2 lvl: Multiply stat by 2
3 lvl: Multiply stat by 2.5
4 lvl: Multiply stat by 3
etc. etc. etc.

When the game says: "XXX's attack rose!" That means that it went up by one level.

When the game says: "XXX's attack greatly rose!" That means that it went up by 2 levels.

Swords Dance is better than moves such as Howl because it raises the stat 2 levels rather than 1.

One example of a move that only raises the stat 1 level and still is effective is Dragon Dance. 2 Dragon Dances doubles your attack and speed! :nod: