PDA

View Full Version : Poll: The Big Bad Legends Poll!

Mikey
13th July 2004, 05:29 PM
Ok, just thought of this poll...

1. Do you believe in Bigfoot/Yeti? Why/why not?
2. Do you believe in the Lockness Monster? Why/why not?
3. Do you believe in the Jersey Devil? Why/why not?
4. Do you believe in the Chupacabra? Why/why not?
5. Do you believe in the Amazonian Dinosaur? Why/why not?
6. Do you believe in Ghosts? Why/why not?
7. Do you believe in Aliens? Why/why not?

Here's mine...

1. Truthfully, I do believe that Bigfoot is real. Sightings take place ALL over the world. (Even colder climates have the Yeti) It's too big to make a hoax of.
2. Nah, they've searched that lake from top to bottom and have yet to show any good evidence of it.
3. They had a program on it on ABC Family, it was neat but not believable. A flying demon that lives in N.J just doesn't fit right.
4. I do believe there is such thing as the Chupacabra. Something has to be killing those goats/livestock and the bite left by them is not done by any other living thing nor any machine.
5. I find it easy to believe that some form of dinosaurs could still be existant in the deep jungles, but I'm not sure on this one.
6. I'm a firm believer that sometimes people get trapped on Earth after they die as spirits in order to finish any things left undone.
7. Aliens are out there folks. Who's to say that we are the only planet out of the MILLIONS of galaxies that supports life?

Syberia
13th July 2004, 07:10 PM
The only thing of those that I believe exists at all are aliens. That's not to say intelligent life of any kind, but I think there has to at least be a few bacteria living on another planet out there somewhere. I'm not one of those people who thinks the government is trying to cover up an alien conspiracy like Area 51 or anything like that, though. I just think there's something else out there somewhere.

Aipom Of Doom
13th July 2004, 07:26 PM
1. No, lacks proof.
2. No, lacks proof.
3. No, lacks proof.
4. No, lacks proof.
5. No, lacks proof.
6. No, lacks proof.
7. No, lacks proof - at least, for aliens that have supposedly landed on earth. However, I beleive it is likely that there is life of some sort elsewhere in the universe... Not necessarily advanced life, but life.

Gengachu
13th July 2004, 07:56 PM
The only one I believe in is Aliens. They're bound to exist somewhere. I mean we can't be the only ones.

Crystal Tears
13th July 2004, 08:04 PM
1) The Yeti yes and Bigfoot no. I can bring myself to believe in the Yeti, but for some reason, I need to see bigfoot to believe it. So...
2) Yes, I do belive it in, but I think its FAR from a monster. I don't know what the creatures are called, but I do believe, some, or even one lived one.
3)No. I refuse to. I don't like tothink of that stuff.
4)............. And that is?
5)Yeah.. Sure.. Why not. I tend to believe things no matter how far fetched they seem.
6) Yes, I believe that spirits have lost they're way, don't want to go and want to stay on earth, or have unfinished bisiness.
7) Yes, it's truely stupid if someone thinks we're alone in the universe. Intelligent or not. We are not alone.

~CT

Da Fragger
13th July 2004, 08:06 PM

No, there is not as much proof as you think.

There is a lot of proof, but it all sucks.

Just as evidence for how little proof for this one there is, I have never heard of it. Proof sucks times ten.

No it sounds like a brand of yogurt. And yet its name translates to "goat-eater" or something like that.

See Jersey Devil.

This is the only one that actually has some believable proof. I don't really believe in ghosts, but in poltergeists.

They are either too retarded to invade Earth or too retarded to make contact with its inhabitants. Or maybe they are observing us like ants or something. If that were the case they are still stupid.

Katie
13th July 2004, 08:18 PM
nah, people were drunk and thought they saw bigfoot

no, didn't the dude who originally "saw" it confess to making it up??

the what o_o

uh, don't know what it is cept that pic you posted in misc lol

.....?_?

shrug, don't really know

yeah, we can't be the only ones out there

~Katie

kainashi
13th July 2004, 08:35 PM
1. no. haven't seen any convincing evidence.
2. didn't they already prove that the loch ness monster didn't exist? :P
3. don't know much about the jersey devil so i dunno.
4. see #1.
5. dinosaurs died 65 million years ago, didn't they?
6. i have seen things that convince me that ghosts COULD exist but otherwise, meh.
7. yes. it's a little egotistical to think we are the only living race in the whole universe. there's someone else out there, somewhere. :scared:

Last Exile
13th July 2004, 08:53 PM
Ghosts because people have souls and I don't believe in any human religion.
Aliens because they're the only way to achieve world peace.

phaedrus
13th July 2004, 09:17 PM
1. Do you believe in Bigfoot/Yeti? Why/why not? sure, why not? there's furrier stuff out there.
2. Do you believe in the Lockness Monster? Why/why not? loch ness. not really. too big to be like that. something that big should be SO MUCH DEEPER in the water.
3. Do you believe in the Jersey Devil? Why/why not? wtf is that? :confused:
4. Do you believe in the Chupacabra? Why/why not? huh? :wtf:
5. Do you believe in the Amazonian Dinosaur? Why/why not? nope, dinos died.
6. Do you believe in Ghosts? Why/why not? nope. photos are wasted because there are photo-editing programs. same with movies.
7. Do you believe in Aliens? Why/why not? yes, because Aliens Exist is a song by blink-182

DarkTemplarZ
13th July 2004, 09:36 PM
1) Of course. Too many sitings for it to be just an organized hoax methinks.

2) No. There's no chance it could have survived this long, and there's no chance that enough of them to sustain a population could live in such a small body of water, and it's extremely unlikely that a carcass of one hasn't washed up or anything.

3) I live in New Jersey ^^. And I don't believe it, no real evidence.

4) No real evidence for the Chupocabra, but it's quite cool.

5) Never heard of it.

6) No real proof, so I don't.

7) Definitely. There's loads of evidence and lots of credible sources saying they saw UFO's, were taken aboard, etc. Or if you mean just aliens in general, there has to be. The universe is too big for humans to be the only life form in it.

The Muffin Man
13th July 2004, 11:07 PM
Meh...I dunno
Sure. I don't see why not. The lochs are deeper than we know.
Probably not.
~Yep. Dunno why.
Havn't heard much of this.
YEs for the last two because of personal reasons, etc.

Perdanski
14th July 2004, 01:38 AM

1. Nope, I don't believe in what I don't know.

2. Nope, I don't believe in what I don't know.

3. Nope, I don't believe in what I don't know.

4. Nope, I don't believe in what I don't know.

5. Nope, I don't believe in what I don't know.

6. Only a quarter of belief, it's "too" rarely appeared to believe.

7. Half belief in mind. If I see one in my eyes, the belief goes to the top (100%), but too bad I only saw it in the magazines, I wouldn't know if it was truly real enough.

Water Pokemon Master
14th July 2004, 01:48 AM
Ok, just thought of this poll...

1. No, because on the news they talked about a family who admitted that one of their relatives who died was the one who started it and was doing it all. It was on like all the major news channels when he died.

2. Yes, I think it is possible it exists. I want to go on an exploration to search underwater caves and find Nessie. :)

3. Who dat?

4. I watched a documentary on it. Boy is it ugly! I am not sure if I believe in it or not, but I think there is a possibility it is just an animal.

5. Who dat?

6. Yes, because there have been so many sightings. I haven't ever seen one, but I am sure they exist to some degree.

7. Of course! I once thought I saw a U.F.O. when I was little, and still think that's what it was. I have had three experiences with UFO's, one of them being an alienman that wasn't really an alienman. :) The second time I saw a U.F.O., I thought it could be the same one as the first one since I could smell olives, which is what I smelled the first time I saw it. *looks over shoulder*

Wow, this is my first time responding to a poll here. :oh:

Jay Umbreon
14th July 2004, 05:15 PM
1. Do you believe in Bigfoot/Yeti? could exist...but I'm not sure - I've ready up on it, but cant make my mind up.

2. Do you believe in the Lockness Monster? no- I blame seals or whatever they are up there.

3. Do you believe in the Jersey Devil? Why/why not? dont know what it is :)

4. Do you believe in the Chupacabra? Why/why not? again, dont know.

5. Do you believe in the Amazonian Dinosaur? Why/why not? dont know what it is :)

6. Do you believe in Ghosts? Why/why not? I believe in spirits. I believe that we go somewhere after we die (where, I'm not sure) and that people have seen spirits.

7. Do you believe in Aliens? Why/why not? yup! because the universe is infinite, which means chances are theres other life out there. I also believe in UFO's and government coverup :)

~Jay

youdontknowme
14th July 2004, 10:30 PM
1. No, Bigfoot's gigantic feet would make him slip off of some cliff and fall to the bottom. In the process he would incessantly hit rocks until he hit the bottom where he would die :)
2. Maybe. It could be possible. You never know.
3. WTF is that?
4. WTF is that?
5. WTF is that?
6. No, if there were ghosts I would've been attacked by one at least once. (or seen one)
7. Yes, I believe in aliens. Not those monsters with tentacles and all that junk. Real, sophisticated creatures like ourselves. Our planet can't be the only planet with life.

mr_pikachu
14th July 2004, 10:46 PM
Nope. Seems like pure fiction to me.

See #1 about the Loch Ness monster.

Never heard of it, so probably not.

Nope.

Never heard of this either, so it's unlikely.

I believe in spirits, though not necessarily ones on earth. Dunno if that applies to your question, but that's the best answer I can give.

I definitely believe that there's life, and even intelligent life somewhere out there. What with the nearly-infinite reach of space and all, it seems astronomically unlikely (pardon the pun) for there to not be life somewhere. 8)

Austrian ViceMaster Alex
15th July 2004, 07:22 AM

1.) No. There's no solid proof whatsoever that either exists and that a creature of such a size would survive in our modern time without being noticed sounds pretty impossible to me.

2.) No. All that was ever shown were some blurry photos. Where should it have come from anyway? Why were its parents never seen or does Nessy grow 100s of years old. Pure fiction in my book, no proof at all that it exists.

3.) Never heard of that.

4.) That creature belongs to the realm of myths like the Loch Ness monster or the Sasquatch. I think the so called "goatsuckers" are actually bloo sucking bats which are also the real-life roots of the vampire bat critters.

5.) Never heard of that one either.

6.) No, pretty much all ghostly phenomens can be proved to have natural basis, mostly some special kind of sonic waves called infra-sonic waves. They cause the phenomen of thinking you see someone at your side but no one is there, for example. Infra-sonic also makes you think you're not alone in a room. It's even possible to simulate all that effects by creating those sonic waves artificially. In nature they can be produced by the oddest think, like traffic or wind that blows through holes in stones that are so tiny that you don't see them.

7.) Yes. The universe is so uncomprihensibly big that the chances that no other liveforms exist out there are more than small. I don't think that any aliens have ever visited us though.

Toxicity
15th July 2004, 12:11 PM

~*~*~*~*~

1. Might exist...but if it does, it's probably high up in Mt. Everest and probably in few numbers.

2. Doubt it. I've doubted it even as a child when learning about my Scottish ancestry. I heard on this program my brother likes to watch that the 1931 picture of Nessie was just a toy set up to fool the gullible and naive.

3. I don't have a clue what the heck you're talking about...

4. I haven't seen enough evidence, but a Puerto Rican classmate of mine said he might have seen it while on vacation once.

5. Don't know what the heck you're talking about...but didn't dinosaurs all die out 65 million years ago?

6. I doubt. I sorta have the feeling that there are spirits dwelling in both heaven and earth, but I don't know about ghosts existing or not.

7. Yes. I have seen enough evidence to prove they exist, but there are no sightings of aliens themselves yet. So, we aren't the only ones out there...but both us and aliens need to advance by trying to make contact of the other's world.

Adz44
15th July 2004, 12:27 PM
1. Nope.

2. Doubtful.

3. I believe there's a game character called Jersey Devil. Don't know about the legend, though.

4. Never heard of it.

5. Never heard of it. If it suggests that a dinosaur is alive and well today, then no.

6. Hmmm...I'm keeping an open mind. I'd probably have to experience something like that before I'd truly believe. I'm convinced those ghost programmes on TV (such as 'Most Haunted') are a load of crap, though.

7. Definitely. We cannot be the only intelligent lifeforms in the universe. We may never see them, though.