PDA

View Full Version : .hack//SIGN premiered today...

Obi
1st February 2003, 06:52 PM
And for all you worried that CN would "butcher" it, it was 100 % unedited, episode-wise. The only things missing were the opening (duh, it's Toonami!) and Bandai made a COMPLETELY different ending (and a really short one at that) and snipped out the next episode preview. Neither of which was CN's fault.

So...I hope I wasn't the only one who watched it...

Shadow Trainer Ash
1st February 2003, 07:45 PM
Yeah, I agree the dubbing was pretty decent. The voices were all well done as well, although I really did not like Mimiru nor Subaru's English voices. Pretty well done for an anime dubbed for television, I'll say.

Eyedolize
2nd February 2003, 01:54 AM
I missed it today...
Which by the way, are they going to show this anime every week ?
I hope they do, since I haven't gotten the chance to see any new animes lately, and I want to make sure this one is of those new ones I can see.

Obi
2nd February 2003, 10:17 AM
A new episode every Saturday at 3 PM EST.

Purasuru
2nd February 2003, 11:24 AM
It was 99.5 % unedited. They cut 2 frames of that girl hitting the boy.

PlatinumHawke
2nd February 2003, 01:45 PM
Originally posted by Obi
And for all you worried that CN would "butcher" it, it was 100 % unedited, episode-wise. The only things missing were the opening (duh, it's Toonami!) and Bandai made a COMPLETELY different ending (and a really short one at that) and snipped out the next episode preview. Neither of which was CN's fault.

So...I hope I wasn't the only one who watched it...

That's enough for someone like myself to complain about...

lugia222
3rd February 2003, 10:45 PM
Originally posted by PlatinumHawke
That's enough for someone like myself to complain about...

Testify! The ending and opening themes are totally awesome, like Change the World that you will never see on CN's Inuyasha. Granted, the anime as still really damned good, and I can't wait to see more. Not like I can't just listen to the full Yasashii Yoake mp3 over and over ;)

Can't wait to see more... can't wait to see more... which is why I'm downloadng it...

Obi
5th February 2003, 09:20 AM
The loss of the ending and preview were Bandai's fault, not CN's. And you should all know by now that Toonami and ASA cut the openings for advertising time. So get used to it.

Besides, "Change the World" didn't fit the "Adult Swim" persona at all. It made Inu-Yasha look like a teeny-bopper show. Yeesh.

youdontknowme
5th February 2003, 05:02 PM
.hack is a tight a** anime. i havent seen the 1st episode but i've seen the second. its great :D

Ninetales3001
6th February 2003, 03:14 AM
*freaks out* What does Bear sound like, What does bear sound like! who's his voice acctooorr ;_;

Ashi-chan
7th February 2003, 05:25 PM
Yeah, I thought the dub was good, even though I haven't seen enough of the original to compare--only saw the first ep. subbed. I rather like the voice acting. Tsukasa's j/ adorable, and Mimiru's was j/ hilarious! Speaking about the Mimiru slap edit, if you pause/play the scene, you can actually see her hand make contact w/ poor Tsukasa's face. But if you play it normally, you can barely see it happen.

Still an impressive first showing, though. I like it.

EVme15
7th February 2003, 05:33 PM
And on the slap...
(If you have a digital video camera and enough time, you can verify this for me.)
Both my brother and I agree that the SLAP sound of Mimiru hitting Tsukasa (EVIL PERSON! NO HIT TSUKASA!) came a few frames before the flicker of her hand whacking the poor bishonen. I'm checking this ASAP, but that's what we believe.

Ashi-chan
10th February 2003, 02:12 AM
I'll have to check again about the slap sound thing, but yeah. Pause-play the scene, you see Mimiru move back a little, then all of a sudden her hand's whacking poor Tsukasa's face. They apparantly took out the frames where her hand's actually MOVING toward him.

Furret Lover
15th February 2003, 03:32 PM
I just saw my first episode of it a few minutes ago and I think it looks like a pretty good anime.

Kallero v4
20th February 2003, 11:08 PM
I missed it :( I was looking foward to the premier of .hack//sign... :(

Obi
22nd February 2003, 02:49 PM
Don't worry, .hack//SIGN is moving to 12 midnight EST on Saturday nights starting March 1st, and they'll be airing the first episode instead of a new one for people who missed it.

Regarding today's episode, hey! - they kept in a cigarette! Unusual, considering Toonami usually edits them.

EVme15
11th March 2003, 04:51 PM
SCORE!
I was up until 12 Saturday night. And guess what? Without the Toonami intro, THEY CAN AIR THE ORIGINAL JAPANESE INTRO! I have it on tape! LONG LIVE NON-TOONAMI! :D

Doomykins
12th March 2003, 09:07 PM
I realized something the other night-without the help of a voice actor sheet, thank-you-very-much. Tsukasa has the same voice as Tommy from Digimon season four. Though Tsukasa freaks me out a little bit now that I've seen the first episode. It's like he could be a major punk/sicko, but he's too shy for that so his good side shows more. I've seen only about the first three episodes, dubbed only, but it was mostly in the first episode.

Though I wonder who that one woman in the opening is. No spoilers, please. I only get the dub of .hack and I like suprises. I've already had all of digimon blown apart. *sigh* that wasn't any fun.

RedStarWarrior
12th March 2003, 10:50 PM
I enjoyed the episodes a lot. Now I only wish that Evangelion was added as a permanent show to CN instead of just being shown during Giant Robot Week.

EVme15
13th March 2003, 05:25 AM
Originally posted by Modern Casualty
I enjoyed the episodes a lot. Now I only wish that Evangelion was added as a permanent show to CN instead of just being shown during Giant Robot Week.

*laughs, thinking of DVD #2* Let's see them get past episode 5. Lots of commercial time, with all they cut out!
Yeah, I was wondering who the lady on the intro was as well. I THINK (don't know) she may be... Tsukasa's mother. Not sure, though.

lugia222
13th March 2003, 06:56 PM
Originally posted by EVme15
SCORE!
I was up until 12 Saturday night. And guess what? Without the Toonami intro, THEY CAN AIR THE ORIGINAL JAPANESE INTRO! I have it on tape! LONG LIVE NON-TOONAMI! :D

Although they totally f*cked up th ending theme, which is the better of the two songs IMHO, even if the animation isn't as cool as the opening animation is. Yasashii Yoake is so much better than Obesession.

Doomykins
14th March 2003, 01:41 PM
Yeah, I was wondering who the lady on the intro was as well. I THINK (don't know) she may be... Tsukasa's mother. Not sure, though.

I don't know either, but I think she may be the cat. *shrugs* I really don't know either. But the thing about his mother makes sense. That voice that talks to him could be her, you know around the little girl.

I would say it was coming from the little girl (who I'm preaty sure is the one found lying on the ground at the end of episode 1) except she's so young I'm not sure.

Or:o the voice could be the voice of the cat's person. Do I make any sense?

Doomykins
22nd March 2003, 11:16 PM
~No spoilers-only ep 4 and some theories~

Okay, I just watched the opening to ep. 4 "wanted" and they make it preaty obvious that the voice is that of Tsukasa's mother. But when he asked why she never showed herself, I realized that there's a very good chance that the voice belongs to the cat, since you never hear the cat speak and always leads him to places where hehears the voice.

Must go, .hack still on 4 me right now.

Shadow Trainer Ash
23rd March 2003, 02:28 PM
SPOILERS --

Um. I always thought that that lady in the opening was Morgana, since she was the one who gave the mental guardian to Tsukasa. >_o But I could be wrong... like usual... *sigh* If only my stupid computer didn't download so slowly I'd already be finished watching the entire series and wouldn't be having to wait three weeks to see the third episode of Haibane Renmei... x_x; Slow modems should die.

Drifter Mirage
1st April 2003, 10:52 PM
Yup, I also saw .hack//SIGN and so far I've seen all the episodes. Heck I even went and bought the DVD of it. I can't wait for episode 6. :) I love .hack//SIGN.

FerioFlareon
7th April 2003, 10:39 PM
Originally posted by Shadow Trainer Ash
SPOILERS --

Um. I always thought that that lady in the opening was Morgana, since she was the one who gave the mental guardian to Tsukasa. >_o

I've seen all of .hack//SIGN and there's nothing to support anything about who the woman in the opening is. I suspect she's no one in particular, but just a random person to have dancin in the opening to look cool.

Spoiler-...and another thing... I've heard the Morgana term before, but where's it come from anyway? I've also seen 3 of 4 .hack//Liminality episodes and most of .hack//Tasogare no Udewa Densetsu and it's never actually mentioned in the show. I muse that the "big evil voice" in .hack//SIGN ["Morgana"] is actually Emma [introduced in .hack//Liminality and the .hack//Infection video game]. But yeah... that's just musing...

Shadow Trainer Ash
11th April 2003, 03:40 PM
SPOILERS -

Well, I finally saw the last two episodes of .hack//SIGN, and now I at least know who the voice is. It's actually The World. o_O Creepy, isn't it. Anyway, FerioFlareon, I thought it was Morgana since that's where all my Japanese sources came to say (About Tsukasa, I mean) ... which is why I wasn't exactly sure. She just... didn't have a point, so it was my only guess. XD But now I have to say I think the lady is The World, considering she was dancing through cyberspace. And she has the goggles because she plays The World in her own way-- as in keeping Tsukasa there to revive Dark Aura.

Doomykins
17th April 2003, 05:04 PM
Yeah, I finaly found the DVD. I'm suprised that Wal-mart has so much anime. Actualy, that it has anything else besides DBZ was a suprise. They've also jumped on the success of Spirited Away and also are selling two other movies by that guy ( :( Can't remember who it was that won the award)

But I digress. I love the DVD. I never realized that the originol opening was in English, lol! I thought that it was Japanese. Though the closing...has a hopeless sound to it that's reflected in the lyrics.

And the Dubbing is really good. I got mixed up and had it playing enlglish with subtitles and was amazed at how it barely changed. Mainly just a matter of mouth flaps. But the meaning is preaty much directly translated.

FerioFlareon
18th April 2003, 07:44 PM
Actually, stupid me didn't remember this before- the actual only "official" mention of "Morgana" I know of is on the .hack//Extra Soundtracks CD [two of the tracks are titled "Morgana" XD]. I'm still not 100% sure what/who the name refers to though... I guess it's the voice in .hack//SIGN, but I still .hack//Liminality and the video games more support the voice being Emma. Tis all speculation when I ought to be doing my homework instead XD

Anyways.. yeah... I love the .hack//Extra CD! ^^;... And all the other music...

Doomykins
19th April 2003, 06:55 AM
*grabs Ferio around the shoulders* What CD? Where did you get a .hack CD?!

FerioFlareon
27th April 2003, 03:42 PM
There's several .hack OSTs.. here's a good info page 'bout em:
http://blackwings.net/hack/music.asp

As for where to get em, I think Amazon.com's got at least the opening single and the first OST... Animenation.com probably has em. If you want a specific song or two I can upload mp3s [for you to download]. PM me if so.

CobaltDragon
23rd May 2003, 08:46 PM
How many .hack// series are there and what are they? Are they all related to one another?

Totodilemew
6th June 2003, 05:10 AM
Well, first you want to play the .hack games. Then watch either .hack//SIGN or .hack//Legend of the Twilight Bracelet(.hack//DUSK).

Razola
8th June 2003, 02:44 AM
This show ain't clicking for me. For one the MMORPG setting is a real stretch. Not ONE person has said "newb" or "pwned"!? And the people take the game so dang seriously, it would seem like their social lives are probably several notches below mine. That isn't good, even for fictional characters.

Mew Master
15th June 2003, 03:51 PM
Common, I think the show is really neat, it's like a living breathing RPG where people create theri own characters.

But I'm wondering what others think about this subject:

Is Tsukasa actually dead? The shots of real-life throughout the Anime are clearly flashbacks of Tsukasa's own life, and even in the present time when he's the one who was on life-support. Shouldn't they find out if there truely is a way to get Tsukasa back into his own body.

Like hooking up a terminal so that Tsukasa's body can continue to live?

Common, what are your opinions?

~Mew Master

Drifter Mirage
29th June 2003, 01:34 AM
Tsukasa isn't really dead. Something happened to him when he opened that treasure chest. Somehow, from what my theory is, that his memory was somehow transferred into digital data. This would explain why he is able to play the game and not being at a Terminal.

Duo_Washu_III
29th June 2003, 04:02 AM
2day's, or better yet yesterday's ep. was boring. blah blah blah. noticed that? there isn't much action, battles. but still like it anyways....

Roarkiller
30th June 2003, 05:03 AM
I think its my first post in this topic, never bothered to check.

This one's a dub, no? Nah, nevered watched it (i watch my fansub downloaded of kazaa, lol). Bout Tsukasa, there was one eppie when his life support system was shut down for a moment and Tsukasa actually felt it (or so it seemed). I dont think the doctors knew about his existence in the game (do doctors play games? hmm...)

2day's, or better yet yesterday's ep. was boring. blah blah blah. noticed that? there isn't much action, battles. but still like it anyways....

Sounds like u got too used to DBZ-style anime. This one's deep. U should watch the OAV liminality, its a lot deeper than this one, tho if ur a guy, Minase would be a good reason to keep u glued on the screen :P Damn she's pretty, and her hair's really stylish.

Edit: Juz watched the last eppie, too rushed. Using the pace of the previous eppies, id say this one shouldve stretched another 2-3 eppies. Too much happened in 20 minutes. But the part on Sora was good, albeit scary. Good animation, that part, really made me feel a tinge of Sora's fear and confusion. Aura's cute :D Tsukasa has a good face too.

Doomykins
2nd July 2003, 06:52 PM
If you've already seen past the eps on Toonami or the entire thing, please don't say anything about this.

At first in one of the early eps, I was watching the english version while having the subtitles on (I found out that the translation is really acurate.) But I thought they made a mistake when Tsukasa said while looking up at Aura "What would happen if I die here?" That's what it sounded like, but the subtitles said "What would happen if I dyed her?" Did anyone else notice this?

I thought it was a goof until I re-watched the second episode. The voice told Tsukasa to "imbue her (Aura) with his color" This makes sense since she is pale and in the early eps he never thought about dying.

Real One Barunson
2nd July 2003, 06:59 PM
.hack//SIGN sux. Its just people flapping their 2- framed mouthes :mad:

User-Name
2nd July 2003, 07:59 PM
Originally posted by Barunson
.hack//SIGN sux. Its just people flapping their 2- framed mouthes :mad:

I guess some people don't like something called 'plot'.
.hack isn't suppose to be some flashy battle action show, that's what the games are for.
.hack//SIGN and .hack//LIMINALITY are their for the plot only, so if you're a explosion and fighting seeker, this anime isn't for you.

Back to subject, I've never seen all of .hack//SIGN, just pieces. I have .hack//INFECTION and beaten it and watched the DVD. I've rented and beaten .hack//MUTATION and watched it's DVD also. I can't wait for OUTBREAK to come out, so I can beat it too. I plan to buy all the games, also. Although it's $200+ :(

Laz-E-Boy
3rd July 2003, 12:56 PM
I LOVE .hack//SIGN.

But what's up with BT? I know why her name is BT because of the lettuce, but why does she hate it (does she hate it???)?

Also, what the hell does she do for a living? And Bear?

Doomykins
9th July 2003, 08:48 PM
I don't know about BT, but I know what Bear is. I don't want to say just in case, but here's a hint. Have you ever noticed how he is knowledgable on such a wide variety of topics?

Anyways, I originoly came to post to start up an earlier discusion. Remember how we were guessing at who is was in the opening that was dancing? My guess is Helba. 1) It kind of looks like her 2) She's a hacker and would be able to actualy get into all of those wierd places and moves :D

lugia222
11th July 2003, 01:02 AM
Originally posted by FerioFlareon
As for where to get em, I think Amazon.com's got at least the opening single and the first OST... Animenation.com probably has em. If you want a specific song or two I can upload mp3s [for you to download]. PM me if so.

As for the OST's, the first one was released in DVD 1 special edition, the 2nd in DVD 2 special edition, the Liminality OST in DVD3 special edition, and the .hack//EXTRA OST in DVD 4 special edition.

FerioFlareon - If you *really* want to know who Morgana is, PM me, because I don't want to put one big spoiler thing here... I've seen all 26 eps, I've seen all of .hack//Udeden and i'm pretty sure I can answer your question.

Mew Master/Drifter Mirage - No, Tsukasa is dead, but a lot of the... him stuck in the game thing is really well explained in .hack//Udeden... so if you want a spoiler you can PM me.

Unfournately .hack//Udeden has been liscensed (well, that's good) but because of that you can't torrent it (that's bad). Oh well.

But as to what Bear is... it's not really *that* much of a spoiler and I got it from .hack for Dummies... but I won't say in respect for most people...

.hack//LIMINALITY is a very good series especially when you comprehend how it connects with infection, mutation, outbreak, and quarantine. I really enjoyed Liminality #2, and can't wait for Outbreak (even though it was pushed back to October :'()

As for the dancer in the op, I'll get to that later as this post is already long enough.... Helba is one hypothesis, another is that it's a commerical. Check .hack for dummies for more info.

Last Exile
22nd July 2003, 11:33 PM
hack//SIGN is alright. if it didn't take nearlt all of the episode for the major events to happen, then it would be better. I still think it's worth watching though. The whole Subaru/Tsusuki thing is nice, plsu they all have cool costumes, and Subaru is way hot. ;)

Azurei Chan
27th July 2003, 09:37 PM
Originally posted by FerioFlareon
How many .hack// series are there and what are they? Are they all related to one another?

This is the order of all the .hack stuff:

Novel .hack//Ai Buster

Anime .hack//sign

Video Games .hack//infection, mutation, outbreak, and quarentine.

The 4 OVA's take place at the same time as the game

Manga/Anime .hack//Legend of the Twilight Bracelet