PDA

View Full Version : How do u figure out IV's/DV's?

Tenco
14th July 2004, 11:58 PM
and how do i get good Iv's/dv's

cause i want max Iv's(31) + good natures + 252,252,6 Ev's

I want my team to be awsome, thanks for the help

P.S. - say i want S.D on ninetails and Tentacool are easy to get s.d. ev's from, but ninetails keeps getting killed, can i use exp share and have richu get s.d points and ninetails just sit back and collect s.d ev's?

P.S. 2 - Pseudo Hazers, hazers, special sweepers, ect. can you tell me all of the different types and what they are?

thankx much agian

Number1ChanseyFan
15th July 2004, 10:16 AM
It is very difficult to get good IVs in Ruby/Sapphire. Without using any kind of cheating device, the odds of getting a Pokémon in the wild with IVs of 31 in all 6 stats is 1 in 1,073,741,824. To get good IVs, you can just breed Pokémon with good IVs with each other, and hopefully you will get some babies with good IVs. It is next to impossible to get IVs of 31 in every stat though. When a Pokémon is at Level 100, its stats will be determined by its IVs and its EVs. (Effort Values) For every 4 EVs, a Pokémon will gain an extra point in a stat at Level 100. IVs will determine a Pokémon's personal max for each stat. If a Pokémon has an IV of 0, with 252 EVs in that stat, its personal max for that stat will be 31 under the species max for that stat. If a Pokémon has an IV of 31, then with 252 EVs, it will be able to reach its species max for that stat. EVs can contribute 63 points to a stat when a Pokémon reaches Level 100. So, even if you get a Pokémon with an IV of 31 in a certain stat, if you don't put any EVs into that stat, when that Pokémon reaches Level 100, its stat total will be 63 points less then the maximum for its species. Good personalities are important to have, especially since it is so hard to get great IVs.

I hope that wasn't too confusing!! lol

Now for your other questions!! If you give Nintales an Exp. Share, it will recieve EVs in battle. However, even if you use Exp. Share, both Pokémon will receive full EVs, they will not be divided.

Physical Sweeper-A Pokémon that attacks with physical type moves. Its only purpose is just to go out and attack.

Special Sweeper-Basically the same as a physical sweeper, only it attacks with special type moves instead of physical moves.

Mixed Sweeper-A Pokémon that attacks with both physical and special type moves. They are not very common in these games, because of the fact that if you you can only put 510 total EVs on your Pokémon, and most of the time, you don't want to split EVs among both attack stats, when there are usually more important stats to put EVs in. So, most sweepers usually commit to either physical attacks or special attacks.

Tank-A Pokémon that is designed to last awhile. They usually have good HP and defenses, and they often know a recovering move and hold Leftovers. They also usually have 1 attack, and another move which helps it stick around, such as something that boosts one of its defenses.

Toxistaller-A tank that knows Toxic.

Pyrostaller-A tank that knows Will-o-Wisp.

Parastaller-A tank that knows a paralyzing move.

Annoyer-An annoying Pokémon that usually doesn't directly attack. It can know moves like Confuse Ray and Toxic. Annoyers can be very effective, they just don't do a lot of their damage with attacking moves. Annoyers are typically Pokémon that can hang around for awhile.

Hazer-A Pokémon that knows Haze. Haze will cancel all of the stat altering moves that are in effect, such as Dragon Dance, Swords Dance, Cosmic Power, Agility, etc... Hazers can be very valuable. Hazers need to have good defenses, because they may need to take a hit from a powered-up opponent.

Pseudohazer-Pseudo means "false," so a pseudohazer is like a false hazer. A pseudohazer knows a move like Whirlwind or Roar, which forces the opponent to switch their Pokémon. Whenever the opponent switches their Pokémon, then any moves that have been used that alter its stats will also be cancelled. So basically, a pseudohazer accomplishes the same thing as a hazer, it just goes about it a different way.

Pseudopasser-A Pokémon that knows one of the Pseudopassing moves, which are Light Screen, Reflect, and Safeguard. These three moves last for 5 turns, and they remain in effect even if the user switches out. Unlike other stat altering moves, they do not need to be Baton Passed to another Pokémon for it to experience the benefits of these moves.

Cleric-A Pokémon that knows either Heal Bell or Aromatherapy. These moves will heal all of the status changes that any Pokémon in your team have, like paralysis, poison, burn, sleep, freeze. Clerics often know a pseudopassing move too.

Spiker-A Pokémon that knows Spikes. Spikers usually know pseudohazing moves that make the opponent switch, because Spikes will cause damage to the opponent everytime that they switch Pokémon.

Toxishuffler-A Pokémon that uses Toxic and a pseudohazing move, like Roar or Whirlwind. The goal of a toxishuffler is to poison as many Pokémon on the other person's team as possible.

Pyroshuffler-Same as Toxishuffler, but instead of Toxic, it uses Will-o-Wisp for Burning.

Parashuffler-Same as Toxishuffler and Pyroshuffler, but it uses moves that cause paralysis.

Subpuncher-A Pokémon that uses the Substitute/Focus Punch combo. First, the Pokémon uses Substitute, and then Focus Punch. Since the Pokémon using Substitute does not take any damage, even if the Substitute breaks from the attack, the Pokémon is then free to use Focus Punch without having to worry about losing a turn because it was hit by an attack.

I hope that all of this info was helpful, and it was what you were looking for!! ;)

Tenco
15th July 2004, 10:27 AM
Thanks a bunch, it was very helpful. How do you acuire celibie? i want it to be my cleric, but i never even knew you could get it.

P.S. - i just started netbattling, my @$$ is handed 2 me(ubers are sorta cheep)

Rudoku
15th July 2004, 11:12 AM
Thanks a bunch, it was very helpful. How do you acuire celibie? i want it to be my cleric, but i never even knew you could get it.

You don't, unless you have Japanese Colosseum and that bonus disk that was released there.

Poryhedron
16th July 2004, 01:45 AM
By the way, N1CF left out a type...just like pseudohazers are 'false' hazers, pseudopassers have a counterpart. Baton Passers are pokémon that are designed to build up stat boosts and then give those boosts to someone else, using the move Baton Pass. A common Baton Passer is Ninjask, since its Special Ability creates automatic Speed boosts while it uses its moves, like Swords Dance, to boost other stats. Baton Passers are useful allies for slow sweepers.

Animelee
16th July 2004, 05:06 PM
In my humble opinion, as long as the IVs [that matter] are 20 or over, then you have a decent Pokémon.

rinku
18th July 2004, 05:56 PM
UK and Australia got Celebi as a bonus in Pokémon Channel as well.