PDA

View Full Version : Super Nova (Taken from FF7): Lv. 100 2 on 2

Tala
16th July 2004, 12:34 AM
If anyone recalls Sephiroth from FF7, The final boss (not really) Safer Sephiroth has an attack called Super Nova. That attack, if you know, is a super Nova is drawn out of a black hole, engulfing Pluto, Neptune and Saturn. It was then thrown to the sun, which is destroyed also. The Super Nova's Impact with the Sun caused a big bang, which then engulfed Mercury, then Venus and finally earth and does a heck lot to your party. (Suprisingly, the earth remained intact O_o)

Since there is NOTHING like that in Pokemon, i decided to do something that is battle effective in 2 on 2.

So...

(Male) Dusclops/SAVAGE: Imprison, Shadow Ball, Protect, EQ @ Leftovers

What can i say, it's lock down. Locking away 'Clops's most popular weaknesses and EQ which is vurnable to all Explosion users i have. No more protect means uh-oh for the opponent, they are most likely not to escape from explosion. I'll always keep this lil' bugger alive thoughout the entire battle.

(N/A) Metagross/ FUSION: *Explosion, Meteor Mash, EQ, Protect @ Lum Berry

* When FR/LG somes out

(N/A) Regirock/ CORE: Explosion, AncientPower, EQ, Protect @ Silk Scarf

(N/A) Registeel/ NEO: Explosion, AncientPower EQ, Protect @ Scope Lens

Not much i can explain with these guys, except they blow (not the bad way), the reason it is so effective here is that it effects both pokemon and they can't use protect due to imprison from dusclops when it gets paired up. As for those people who say "My Gengar/Skarmory will screw you over!!!", Gengar gets Crushed under a STABed Meteor Mash and AncientPower will give Skarmory a hard time to work up a game plan. After All, Skarm, doesn't have good attacks to bore though the Regis anyways.

(Male) Swampert/ FIN: Muddy Water, EQ, Protect, Ice Beam @ Shell Bell

Swampert fits the theme of the team because of a STABed EQ, The water/earth will put out the fire weaknesses for my explosion users and finish the job.

(Female) Machamp/ TROLL: Low Kick, EQ, Rock Slide, Protect @ Quick Claw

Low Kick will deal with those pesky rocks and heavy Pokemon. EQ is there because it's just EQ.

Enderpan
16th July 2004, 02:20 AM
Well, if you hadn't said something about this being a total physical sweeper team, I would have been scared. But since that's the case, I'll rate with that in mind.

First of all, I noticed that all of your guys have EQ. That's great in 1 on 1 battles because it's a dang strong attack, but it's a different story in 2 on 2. Although it attacks both of your opponent's pokes, it also attacks your partner poke. And I noticed that a few of your pokes are weak to ground, so that would almost not be worth using the attack. I also noticed that 3 of your guys have Explosion, and that it might be a subtheme type of dealie. If that's the case, I suggest Weezing, because it has Explosion, because it can be a hazer, and also it has the Ability Levitate, which makes it impervious to EQ. Oh yeah, and don't forget Explosion hurts your partner too. There's nothing much you can do about that except have Dusclops out there too, because he's impervious to normal attacks.

Overall: this looks like a pretty good themed team according to 1 on 1 battling, but IMO, I would stay away from 2 on 2 with this. If you want to make a good 2 on 2 team, start off by choosing pokemon that won't hurt each other to begin with. [someone ghost-someone with explosion];[someone with EQ-someone flying]

Tala
16th July 2004, 08:12 AM
the sole reason for 2 on 2 for this is to make explosion at its fullest, i took my friend's advice and don't over blow. EQ is protected by Protect from EVERYONE in the team and they can't since if Dusclops is on the field, they can't do that. Get it?

phaedrus
16th July 2004, 11:38 AM
only notes are items.

put lefties wherever possible, unless you play with item clause.

Enderpan
16th July 2004, 06:08 PM
Sorry, I hadn't noticed that part of it. I understand now. I also wasn't aware that Protect protects from your partners attacks too. Thanks for clearing it up. Good team!

Tenco
26th August 2004, 10:09 PM
i think this team rocks the house, but i was wondering what your ev's were...